Worst band on the 'scene'

200milesfromgorgie

scott_jambo
As a fellow 21 year old I agree that zepplin and floyd are great bands and should be given to all teenagers to give them a proper education in music. However I do also like indie and I agree that most are rubbish but I think one or two are decent. I think the artic monkeys are a great band who suffer from the best and worst possible situation, everyone likes them as it seems that it is the cool thing (including politicions.) This means proper music fans can see them as poor. I think they are supperor lyricists and not to every ones taste.

But I agree on others as they are too similar and bland, used to like Kaiser Chiefs before everyone started listening to them but now cant stand them.

I think a testement to the current music is to think do any bands of recent years be classified as a great band of the decades. So in the 60's you had the beatles, the who, the rolling stones. And so on but who is the band of the '00s?

You could be right. I just remember before they released any tracks, they got so much publicity, they must of had a great record label as they dealt with the media brilliantly. So i finally listen to the track they release and it was totally uninspiring to me.

Probably on the same level as futureheads, franz ferdinand and kooks but thats nothing to shout about and i wouldnt miss them at all.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as other have said, i didnt say take that/ westlife etc... i hate that type of music.

but on face value, Take Thats last album is far better crafted/written, and evokes far more emotion than Razorlight/ The enemy etc ever will.

I dont like Take That, but i take music at face value, and Gary Barlow is a far better songwriter than Johnny borrel/***** from the enemy ever will be.

The People's Chimp

I really don't know whether to feel sorry for those going to T in the P, or applaud them for their martyrdom.

Saturday line up (Slam Tent):

3.30pm - 4.30pm Model 500(live)

4.30pm - 6.00pm Carl Craig

6.00 pm - 7.00pm Dusty Kid(live)

7.00pm - 8.30pm Erol Alkan

8.30pm - 9.30pm Modeselektor(live)

9.30pm - 11.00pm Jeff Mills

If i manage to blag a ticket I'll be skipping jeff mills, legend that he is, to revel in the majestic indie of Interpol.

Stick your martyrdom up your erse! ;)

The Twang!!!

Saw them support James at their Manchester homecoming gig. Was so glad when they eventually got off stage, my eardrums were bleeding.

Pete Seeger
the fratelli's. the wombats, kaiser chiefs. artic monkeys, last shadow puppets, they are all gash.

Easy now! Alex Turner has been one of very few shining lights for music recently imo. Looking forward to the next artic monkeys album.

For me I can't stand The Feeling, Hoosiers, Scouting for girls, The Pigeon Detectives, One Night Only. . . . . . . . I could go on and on. XFM has been playing some garbage recently.

As a fellow 21 year old I agree that zepplin and floyd are great bands and should be given to all teenagers to give them a proper education in music. However I do also like indie and I agree that most are rubbish but I think one or two are decent. I think the artic monkeys are a great band who suffer from the best and worst possible situation, everyone likes them as it seems that it is the cool thing (including politicions.) This means proper music fans can see them as poor. I think they are supperor lyricists and not to every ones taste.

But I agree on others as they are too similar and bland, used to like Kaiser Chiefs before everyone started listening to them but now cant stand them.

I think a testement to the current music is to think do any bands of recent years be classified as a great band of the decades. So in the 60's you had the beatles, the who, the rolling stones. And so on but who is the band of the '00s?

I dont actually mind the Kaizers, but at the end of the day they are just a **** version of Blur really. Anyone who owns a Kaizer Chief album without owning the whole of Blurs back catalog deserves to be shot.

Pete Seeger
Razorlight are far worse than any band mentioned on this thread.

Don't know if they count as part of the 'scene' though.

The only band who come close to being as offensively ****e as Razorlight are The Enemy. I dont think i've actively hated any band as much as those two.

Take Thats last album was far better than anything those cocktwats could ever come up with.

Agreed, dunno how i managed to forget about them. Awful band.

I don't like much of the 'quirky indie pop' on the go just now but I do think there is a lot of musical snobbery. Sure, there are a lot of guitar bands around just now but they are writing their own songs and only perform live, the evil of boy 'bands' miming Barry Manilow covers has been almost entirely eliminated.

Of course when you compare to iconic bands of the 60s and 70s these guys don't stand up to scrutiny but it is hard to be truly original now that rock music has been on the go for 50 years, every song or artist is going to sound a bit like or be influenced by another. As someone correctly pointed out, if you don't like what's on offer, listen to what you DO like and let the kids get on with it.

conn artist
Easy now! Alex Turner has been one of very few shining lights for music recently imo. Looking forward to the next artic monkeys album.

For me I can't stand The Feeling, Hoosiers, Scouting for girls, The Pigeon Detectives, One Night Only. . . . . . . . I could go on and on. XFM has been playing some garbage recently.

well for me the arctic monkeys epitomise why there are so many terrible bands around at the moment, every wee guy with a guitar thinks they can knock out a tune cos the artic monkeys did. i've seen them live when they played before maximo park at the carling academy and they where rotten. when they bandwagon jumpers that where there to see them left and the rest of the night was better for it. the only tune i like of theres is fake tales of san francisco.

Malcolm Tucker
Peddled by NME as the next Oasis etc.. for months.

In reality. Very ordinary band.

Fair enough I will give you that, however they at least try diversity in their songs and it works. I'd say they are far from being 'ordinary'. I don't understand the god-like status Alex Turner has got though.

Razorlight are also terrible, along with The View and The Hoosiers.

Nelly Terraces
Now i'm sure fellow musical nazis like my self will have noticed that due to the expansion of myspace that every ned with a guitar seem to 'win' a record deal nowadays. Now i for one will not knock a talented musician just beacuse they are getting paid for doing something i would like to do.

BUT.... it seems that music has finally been engulphed by he internet and a 'coolness' factor.

1- if you are 'scally-chic' and try to recreate rave music (even though you wernt even alive in 1990) you can have a record deal

2- if you are a male band that use hair products - you can have a record deal

3 - if you put on a fake accent - you can have a record deal

4 - if you band tname is pre-fixed with 'THE' - you can have a record deal

All 'guitar' based bands are just boy/girl pop bands nowadays.

kooky / kitch faux retro *****?

What ever happend to word of mouth (all internet based hype)

buying records (its all mobile phone ringtones now)

going to proper dirty gigs (not O2 presents/AOL loves...)

No art to these bands anymore, no aloof status.

add the new band you hate to this list.

I have so many but i'll start with the Ting Tings

george lamb summed them up perfectley yesterday...

oooh i shake my fist at these kids.

F*****g top, top, post there mate. Spot on.

Christ where do you start? Good point re myspace etc, far from being the 'liberating' force it's been sold as in terms of musical output, it's worked exactly the other way, with quantity over quality being the overriding factor, leading to homogeneity within the music scene which has reached endemic proportions. You're right, it's so easy to actually make music and get it out there that any talentless scrote is taking it up and polluting us with utter *****. There are now simply just too many bands out there, there is, in short FAR too much music and it has to be stopped.

And what else has this great 'liberation' given us? The wholesale ransacking of music's soul and meaning. Basically to most people now, it's merely just another 'product' to consume. Go online, click, click, buy baked beans, click click, buy a holiday, click, click, buy latest here today, gone tomorrow indie-lite bands lp. Where the ******'s the magic in that? Music distilled down to a meaningless and valueless incidental medium there to sophoprise the inhabitants of an increasingly decadent world.

Next time you instantly buy a track off ITunes, give yourself a slap on the back for feeding the already overgorged and gluttonous corporate greed machine. Yay, digital 'revolution'! Aye right. Just the crushing of individuality in the shape of your local record shop, whilst the disgusting fat corps make a further mint. I'd go as far as saying that if you buy music in this form, you actually don't like music, you just think you should have it 'cos it's what people do'. You now 'own' a file on your computer. You actually own ****** all you mugs. If anyone tells me going and buying the latest pollutant from the god awful Wombats at the click of a mouse is the same as me waiting to buy the latest Smiths lp in Avalanche all those years back, then they're *****ing kidding themselves on. It just isn't. As I said, there's no magic, there's no sense of ownership, there's no sense of having to wait, the anticipation, no sense of MYSTERY, merely a self centred non-thinking greed and instantaneous feeding of 'I want, I must get, I have the right to HAVE' culture. Everything given to you at the click of a button. Owning really cool records used to be a sign of the person you are. What do you do now, go round someone’s gaff and say 'let's have a gander at your sound files'? ****** that for a laugh.

Music isn't there to change anything now. Most of the f*****g bands wouldn't give a **** if Hitler took over this country, as long as they can get their music down as a ringtone or a TV ident. Is that what drives the 'scene'? A need to be a bloody ringtone? Hmmm, sure Dylan, The Pistols, MC5, Public Enemy started off thinking it'd be a great idea to be used as some incidental background noise for a telephone. Politics, or saying ANYTHING with meaning is out of favour with bands, nobody wants to take the risk of appearing 'uncool', or not, please someone bring me the sick bucket as it's ruined music this one 'ironic'. There's zero passion, there's no wish to be anything other than conformist to fashion.

Continues on post No 63....

Nelly Terraces

... As for festivals/gigs and the corps taking over, holy *****, talk about selling yourself to the devil here. It's Brands not bands that count on this one. The same f*****g boring line up's whoring themselves round the ever increasingly poor and ever growing 'circuit' of Virgin, Vodafone, Tennets pash chemical lager, junk festivals. No risks taken, no danger, no soul. Put it this way, you could take all these bloody festivals we have here on an almost daily basis, change the line up's round and would ANYONE notice the difference when you were finished? Doubtful. Again, FAR too much of the same thing, leading to a flabby, homogenous and dull pallid scenario. Surely soon some of these events must be taken out and put down. At least to save the poor wretches that attend such events (click, click, I like the Kooks, can I buy some hairspray with that file?).

Quite frankly, even though there's some bands still out there coming through worth a listen, they're becoming increasingly difficult to find and support within the continual overflow of garbage now delivered to us at an increasing rate and volume. Musical is sucking the biggie right now. Definite the worst time for new stuff I can recall I'm afraid, and it's hard to stick up for in the face of some people my age who gave up on new stuff years ago.

Some of the musical atrocities have already been mentioned here, but stuff like the god awful Wombats (just kill those c ** ts NOW), View, Twangkers, Hadouken et al, my christ, this is what we've come to? I picked up NME the other day, there's was nothing it worth a read, the bands were without doubt the most asinine and 'scene' driven posh fakers I've had the misfortune to read about, and the standard of journalism was negligible. It really was all ad's for ringtones and around 100words given over to reviews or interviews. Just awful. It mirrors the whole scene, it used to be edgy, vital and controversial. Now it's like the sort of thing the Sunday Mail would give away in their rag to give a watered down and docile outlook on new music. Like the music itself, it's become a total irrelevance to the real world.

Cheers.

... As for festivals/gigs and the corps taking over, holy *****, talk about selling yourself to the devil here. It's Brands not bands that count on this one. The same f*****g boring line up's whoring themselves round the ever increasingly poor and ever growing 'circuit' of Virgin, Vodafone, Tennets pash chemical lager, junk festivals. No risks taken, no danger, no soul. Put it this way, you could take all these bloody festivals we have here on an almost daily basis, change the line up's round and would ANYONE notice the difference when you were finished? Doubtful. Again, FAR too much of the same thing, leading to a flabby, homogenous and dull pallid scenario. Surely soon some of these events must be taken out and put down. At least to save the poor wretches that attend such events (click, click, I like the Kooks, can I buy some hairspray with that file?).

Quite frankly, even though there's some bands still out there coming through worth a listen, they're becoming increasingly difficult to find and support within the continual overflow of garbage now delivered to us at an increasing rate and volume. Musical is sucking the biggie right now. Definite the worst time for new stuff I can recall I'm afraid, and it's hard to stick up for in the face of some people my age who gave up on new stuff years ago.

Some of the musical atrocities have already been mentioned here, but stuff like the god awful Wombats (just kill those c ** ts NOW), View, Twangkers, Hadouken et al, my christ, this is what we've come to? I picked up NME the other day, there's was nothing it worth a read, the bands were without doubt the most asinine and 'scene' driven posh fakers I've had the misfortune to read about, and the standard of journalism was negligible. It really was all ad's for ringtones and around 100words given over to reviews or interviews. Just awful. It mirrors the whole scene, it used to be edgy, vital and controversial. Now it's like the sort of thing the Sunday Mail would give away in their rag to give a watered down and docile outlook on new music. Like the music itself, it's become a total irrelevance to the real world.

Cheers.

Anyone else want to get messed up and listen to the Sex Pistols after this?

Top post NT.

200milesfromgorgie
F*****g top, top, post there mate. Spot on.

Christ where do you start? Good point re myspace etc, far from being the 'liberating' force it's been sold as in terms of musical output, it's worked exactly the other way, with quantity over quality being the overriding factor, leading to homogeneity within the music scene which has reached endemic proportions. You're right, it's so easy to actually make music and get it out there that any talentless scrote is taking it up and polluting us with utter *****. There are now simply just too many bands out there, there is, in short FAR too much music and it has to be stopped.

And what else has this great 'liberation' given us? The wholesale ransacking of music's soul and meaning. Basically to most people now, it's merely just another 'product' to consume. Go online, click, click, buy baked beans, click click, buy a holiday, click, click, buy latest here today, gone tomorrow indie-lite bands lp. Where the ******'s the magic in that? Music distilled down to a meaningless and valueless incidental medium there to sophoprise the inhabitants of an increasingly decadent world.

Next time you instantly buy a track off ITunes, give yourself a slap on the back for feeding the already overgorged and gluttonous corporate greed machine. Yay, digital 'revolution'! Aye right. Just the crushing of individuality in the shape of your local record shop, whilst the disgusting fat corps make a further mint. I'd go as far as saying that if you buy music in this form, you actually don't like music, you just think you should have it 'cos it's what people do'. You now 'own' a file on your computer. You actually own ****** all you mugs. If anyone tells me going and buying the latest pollutant from the god awful Wombats at the click of a mouse is the same as me waiting to buy the latest Smiths lp in Avalanche all those years back, then they're *****ing kidding themselves on. It just isn't. As I said, there's no magic, there's no sense of ownership, there's no sense of having to wait, the anticipation, no sense of MYSTERY, merely a self centred non-thinking greed and instantaneous feeding of 'I want, I must get, I have the right to HAVE' culture. Everything given to you at the click of a button. Owning really cool records used to be a sign of the person you are. What do you do now, go round someone?s gaff and say 'let's have a gander at your sound files'? ****** that for a laugh.

Music isn't there to change anything now. Most of the f*****g bands wouldn't give a **** if Hitler took over this country, as long as they can get their music down as a ringtone or a TV ident. Is that what drives the 'scene'? A need to be a bloody ringtone? Hmmm, sure Dylan, The Pistols, MC5, Public Enemy started off thinking it'd be a great idea to be used as some incidental background noise for a telephone. Politics, or saying ANYTHING with meaning is out of favour with bands, nobody wants to take the risk of appearing 'uncool', or not, please someone bring me the sick bucket as it's ruined music this one 'ironic'. There's zero passion, there's no wish to be anything other than conformist to fashion.

Continues on post No 63....

I have been an active musician for years but been on the quiet for the past 2 yaers. now i am back doing what i love i refuse to be put on myspace etc.

I always try buy vinyl. I have no objection to MP3 but it just dosent have the romance of that needle scratching the 'Shellac'.

200milesfromgorgie

Cheers.

The real sad fact is decent bands 90% of the time cant help getting caught up in these bradned gigs etc. Somethimes it's their only chioce in order to play.

I've just realised something that I hadn't thought of before thanks to Nelly's post (apocalyptic rant).

The reason that this keech is leaking out is due to inactivity.

You don't have to make an effort to buy music anymore. Free downloads off sharing sites? Piece of cake, iTunes, order off Amazon.

A bit different from working out if you can afford a new bit of vinyl that week, then making the effort to get the bus into town and walking to a shop. Buying music used to be an afternoons work. Thankfully made easier once I could get served in pubs to break the trip up.

I dread to think how much of my early 80's giros went straight into record companies pockets.

200milesfromgorgie
I don't like much of the 'quirky indie pop' on the go just now but I do think there is a lot of musical snobbery. Sure, there are a lot of guitar bands around just now but they are writing their own songs and only perform live, the evil of boy 'bands' miming Barry Manilow covers has been almost entirely eliminated.

Of course when you compare to iconic bands of the 60s and 70s these guys don't stand up to scrutiny but it is hard to be truly original now that rock music has been on the go for 50 years, every song or artist is going to sound a bit like or be influenced by another. As someone correctly pointed out, if you don't like what's on offer, listen to what you DO like and let the kids get on with it.

I prefer the evil boybands. they aint kidding themselfs. and as for listening to what i DO like. Thats what i do, i dont listen to these bands i hate so much they are just everywhere i turn, on adverts, in 'NOW' (i read the wifes copy in the morning whilst on the throne), on TV programms.

The People's Chimp

Another well placed, informed rant from NT. cheers. let's burn the whole thing down and start again.

Your point about the NME makes for such awful reading. I used to subscribe to the melody maker and i still have heaps in a cupboard at my mum and dad's. Picking up a copy of the old melody maker is almost too painful when you have to compare it to the sub standard grade pesh that is peddled by today's nme. Pages and pages of in depth article, real detailed trivia and opinions that made you care about the bands.

As has been said, there IS nothing better than going up to town and hunting something out. it's so difficult to do now, but at least electronic music is keeping that tradition alive. You can still make a saturday afternoon of a shopping trip to buy vinyls. Nothing better than leaving yourself half skint after pinning down that track you heard in a club a month ago, or on some mix, and shooting along to a decent pub for banter with your mates. You used to be able to do the same with indie bands, or track down a bootleg tape recording of oasis in 1994, or the roses in 89, or the smiths, joy division, the ramones before them, but now, one click, youtube.com and you've got it.

I don't mind using myspace to hear new stuff, it passes the time and in a sense it democratises music. how else would i get a message from and start listening to a one girl bedroom electro act from manchester? But, the spin off, unfortunately, of that democratisation is that it is packed, up, rebranded and sold back to us by corporate ****.

One thing you should never forget is that YOU are the product.

I prefer the evil boybands. they aint kidding themselfs. and as for listening to what i DO like. Thats what i do, i dont listen to these bands i hate so much they are just everywhere i turn, on adverts, in 'NOW' (i read the wifes copy in the morning whilst on the throne), on TV programms.

If you read women's magazines you deserve all you get! Just out of curiousity, what kind of music are you involved in?

Nelly Terraces
hot chip have some great songs (and i was a boy from school is genius).

other than them, every band mentioned on here should be rounded up and shot.

ESPECIALLY

MARK FUNTING RONSON

the man is an utter cretin, takes great songs and throws ****ing trumpets at them and gets some idiot to sing them...i mean..."stop me if you've heard this one before"...one of the greatest songs ever...why? WHY?

i hate him.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much.

Let me buy you several drinks one day for that my man.

That bloke is 100% just pure EVIL. There's no other word for that blunt. It's the oh so knowing and cringe celeb sucking back slapping 'oh look who I've worked with' (i.e. added bit of extra guitar/vocal to - yeah, what a 'genius':rolleyes:), that is so totally puke enducingly sick that surely people can see this smarmy, thin smiling cretin for what he is?

It's actually a sad inditement of todays musical scene that hordes of talentless nobodies are literally queueing up and willing to suck him off to have this troll add his 'magic fairy dust' to their own inane and false work.

Don't even get me started on what he did to the sheer musical glory and emotionaly urgent 'Stop me if you've heard this one before'. For that alone, this musical equivilent of Harold Shipman should be exterminated in the most painful and slow way imaginable (how about forcing the blunt to listen to his own obtuse and crass versions of others music over and over, sure that would topple the mirror licking barsteward over the edge).

Ronson. TOTALLY unacceptable. F ** K off you complete c ** t.

Nelly Terraces

Some great posts on here fellas. I actually thought it was just me, but I'm so chuffed to hear I'm not alone in my thoughts on todays music. I just feel sorry for it all really. I guess I'm just an old man harking to the past, maybe things are better now, but I don't see it. The magic's rarely felt nowadays, and although I still continue to be interested in new music and buy plenty cd/vinyl from new acts, I doubt I'd ever put any of them up there with stuff from yesteryear, even something like the Oasis 1st lp. It just isn't there.

Ronson must die though. The world WOULD be a better place without with him, that's not even open to question.

jamboinglasgow

Cheers.

I think this summer will mark a peak of the number of festivals that will be around. There are far too many that they will be made less special and it also means the quality on the stage will not be as great. Think Glastonbury is a sign of this as (though I like Jay Z) they did not have the big big name they usually do. It is quite telling some of the bigger bands are not playing any festivals, Radiohead are not doing any, Coldplay (who I think are quite good) are only doing 1.

And I also agree with you on itunes, I do get my music on itunes and too often I buy a song cos I like it at the time only to not listening to it much afterwards. With Ipods that can hold 10,000 tunes you wonder how you can appreactiate having so much music on this device. It could be destroying peoples music taste due to throwing too much music at them at once, then getting people to buy it by making it popular through getting celebrities and music stations to overplay it. Quality is getting damaged.

200milesfromgorgie
If you read women's magazines you deserve all you get! Just out of curiousity, what kind of music are you involved in?

i come from and have played in rock/punk type bands. But i've hooked up wiith an old band mate to do some minalmistic/self loathin acoustic driven alternative stuff. (yeah sounds fun i know)

Nelly Terraces
I think this summer will mark a peak of the number of festivals that will be around. There are far too many that they will be made less special and it also means the quality on the stage will not be as great. Think Glastonbury is a sign of this as (though I like Jay Z) they did not have the big big name they usually do. It is quite telling some of the bigger bands are not playing any festivals, Radiohead are not doing any, Coldplay (who I think are quite good) are only doing 1.

And I also agree with you on itunes, I do get my music on itunes and too often I buy a song cos I like it at the time only to not listening to it much afterwards. With Ipods that can hold 10,000 tunes you wonder how you can appreactiate having so much music on this device. It could be destroying peoples music taste due to throwing too much music at them at once, then getting people to buy it by making it popular through getting celebrities and music stations to overplay it. Quality is getting damaged.

1. Agree with you there mate. I think the breaking point is coming, and not before time.

2. Not having a go at you, but that sums it up perfectly. It's the denial of what Freud (err, I think) called the 'pleasure principle' (not, not the f'ing Gaz Newman lp!) that leads to the music losing it's intrinsic value and worth. If you put 50 bars of chocolate in front of a stupid dog, it'll eat the f ***** g lot and puke it's guts out, as it's not clever enough to understand that 2 are enough. That's what we've become (dogs, woof woof!), unthinking, passive and mindless consumers of products we neither need, add value to our lives, or actually, as you've explained, want. We are being brought to the level's of an animal. Mindless/brainless. As I said, music reduced to the same meaning as buying a can of beans (sorry for the food references to those feeling pekish). Surely not a good thing?

Adi Dassler
T in the Park is just a place for neds that cant afford a holiday to ibiza now, they also like to feel that their part of a music scene once a weekend every year.

Most of them couldn't name you a RATM song, haven't heard any early biffy stuff and probably believe that The Fratelli's are the main headliners.

Yawn. Go listen to clubland you idiotic fools!

Everyone's a ned/schemie/chav to people like you now.

It's lazy and it's boring.

FWIW i agree with most of the posts on this thread.

Not saying that i like his music but Mark Ronson is a talented producer. I saw an online interview with him ages ago about circuit bending synths and production software and the guy has a lot of talent. He is technically, a very accomplished producer. I've still not heard anything he's done that i like but the quality of production is certainly there.

200milesfromgorgie
Not saying that i like his music but Mark Ronson is a talented producer. I saw an online interview with him ages ago about circuit bending synths and production software and the guy has a lot of talent. He is technically, a very accomplished producer. I've still not heard anything he's done that i like but the quality of production is certainly there.

heard alot of people saying this. i am outstanded in the piase he gets for production. i've never heard anything production wise that has made me thim 'mm thats clever'

good technicain ? maybe

The People's Chimp
Everyone's a ned/schemie/chav to people like you now.

It's lazy and it's boring.

FWIW i agree with most of the posts on this thread.

absolutely. It is just lazy and boring.

And, while there are some neds there, at least the neds go and have a good time. The ones i hate are the daily ****** brigade, the sunday mail reading types who say "let's bring a cool box and sit in front of the main stage all day, ooh is that amy mcdonald? oh, the fratellis...." they to me are the musical enemy, not someone who's never had the chances i've had in life and at least jumps about, has a drink and might bring a modicum of banter to proceedings.

heard alot of people saying this. i am outstanded in the piase he gets for production. i've never heard anything production wise that has made me thim 'mm thats clever'

good technicain ? maybe

Have you not heard his remix of the radiohead tune? I don't like what he's done with it but that's an entirely electronic piece of music. All of those brass sounds and drums are entirely synthesised. It sounds really warm, it's well sequenced and is a highly accomplished production.

200milesfromgorgie
Have you not heard his remix of the radiohead tune? I don't like what he's done with it but that's an entirely electronic piece of music. All of those brass sounds and drums are entirely synthesised. It sounds really warm, it's well sequenced and is a highly accomplished production.

how can it be remix if its all electronic? surely it becomes a cover?

and from my own experience it is fecking hard to record brass (trupmets ooh thats a toughy), so replicating them can be an easier option.

p.s. same with cello.

how can it be remix if its all electronic? surely it becomes a cover?

I don't know if it is a cover or a remix to be honest, probably a cover. Is it him singing, i have no idea? It sounds like live guitar and bass at the start so i was probably exaggerating when i said it was all electronic.

Nelly Terraces

You can have all the 'talent' in the world (though what you outlined almost left me in a coma, sounded like dull muso talk). It's how you use it that counts Cosa. Everything this evil barsteward has done so far has been utter pash. Producers are over rated. This one is overhyped.

200milesfromgorgie
I don't know if it is a cover or a remix to be honest, probably a cover. Is it him singing, i have no idea? It sounds like live guitar and bass at the start so i was probably exaggerating when i said it was all electronic.

no worries i'll let you off. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions as long as at the end of the day you realise i'm right! :P

Have u heard his first ( i think ) album, thats just hip-hop? I think you'd like it.

I actually quite like Ronson if im being honest....

You can have all the 'talent' in the world (though what you outlined almost left me in a coma, sounded like dull muso talk). It's how you use it that counts Cosa. Everything this evil barsteward has done so far has been utter pash. Producers are over rated. This one is overhyped.

I sort of agree, he's done nothing of note other show off some production skill on poor music. He's like listening to Kylie Minogue tracks like slow or i believe in you. Pretty poor tunes, terrible lyrics, really cheesy pop music but whoever writes for her knows how to make beats and basslines.

I actually remembered a Mark Ronson tune that i do like. He made a tune called Dirty, Dirty for ODB that's excellent. He should just stick to making original hiphop beats for rappers and stop putting out his own stuff.

Have u heard his first ( i think ) album, thats just hip-hop? I think you'd like it.

I actually quite like Ronson if im being honest....

I have the ooooh-weeee tune. It's ok.

Is that on his first LP?

I have the ooooh-weeee tune. It's ok.

Is that on his first LP?

Sure is:

"This DJ"

"Bluegrass Stain'd" (featuring Nappy Roots & Anthony Hamilton)

"Ooh Wee" (featuring Ghostface Killah, Nate Dogg, Trife & Saigon)

"High" (featuring Aya)

"I Suck" (featuring Rivers Cuomo)

"International Affair" (featuring Sean Paul & Tweet)

"Diduntdidunt" (featuring Saigon)

"On The Run" (featuring Mos Def & M.O.P.)

"Here Comes The Fuzz" (featuring Freeway, ***** Costa & Jack White)

"'Bout To Get Ugly" (featuring Rhymefest & Anthony Hamilton)

"She's Got Me" (featuring Daniel Merriweather)

"Tomorrow" (featuring Debi Nova & Q-Tip)

"Rashi" (Outro)

some ***** hot guests on that album as well actually

200milesfromgorgie
Sure is:

"This DJ"

"High" (featuring Aya)

"Rashi" (Outro)

:eek:

Sure is:

"This DJ"

"High" (featuring Aya)

"Rashi" (Outro)

I'll need to check out his tune with Mos Def. He's a great vocalist.

I'll need to check out his tune with Mos Def. He's a great vocalist.

just download the album illegally, coz then if u dont like it you can smugly appreciate the fact that you've ripped the ****er off:)

200milesfromgorgie
just download the album illegally, coz then if u dont like it you can smugly appreciate the fact that you've ripped the ****er off:)

LOL

I'll download that tune and give it a try. :)

The View, One Night Only, The Feeling, The Hoosiers do my head in.

Maybe I'm just jealous of the fact that because of the industry they're in then they get birds on tap. I may actually start to learn the guitar...

GET IT PUMPED

Sorry couldn't resist

The People's Chimp

you know, one thing about the view, is that when "wasted little djs" came out, i thought they were going to be great. I still think it's a brilliant tune, shame about the rest.

Nelly Terraces

For anyone interested there's a cd/record fair at the Assembly Rooms this Saturday. 10am - 4pm. http://www.recordfairsinscotland.co.uk/

I'll be there, rummaging around trying to find those pieces of shiny or black plastic gold. Great way to spend a coupla hours, I always come away wi loadsa goodies, then hit a boozer and have a good gander at what I bought. Simple pleasures in life.....

F ** K ITunes.

200milesfromgorgie
For anyone interested there's a cd/record fair at the Assembly Rooms this Saturday. 10am - 4pm. http://www.recordfairsinscotland.co.uk/

I'll be there, rummaging around trying to find those pieces of shiny or black plastic gold. Great way to spend a coupla hours, I always come away wi loadsa goodies, then hit a boozer and have a good gander at what I bought. Simple pleasures in life.....

F ** K ITunes.

i like cats.

monkfish1979

Scouting for Girls, Gallows, Just Jack, Sandy Thom, The Feeling, The Wombats, the Sugar"babes", The Ting Tings, every single person that's ever been on X-Factor and especially Pete Docherty should all be encased in lead and catapulted into the core of the sun.

They don't have a scrote hair's worth of musical talent between the lot of them. It is, though, mildly amusing to see them perform "live" in the full knowledge that every single musician out there that's worth their salt is shaking his/her head in amused disbelief.

Archived