***Official Celtic v Hearts LC Match Thread***

colinmaroon

15 minutes ago, Nobreath said:

The average salary per player.

Celtic - £895,564

Hearts - £137,942

This. On average it means you’re gonna win 9 games out of 10.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Harry Potter

• daavojaay

• Cruyff

15 minutes ago, Nobreath said:

The average salary per player.

Celtic - £895,564

Hearts - £137,942

Were the figures vastly different a fortnight ago?

14 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

Good grief.

Time you started posting opinion rather than inflammatory snippets. 

What part of my post did you disagree with ? 

Were we not over run ? 

You think RN said to the players ' let's not bother playing lads we'll just let Celtic fire shots at us all afternoon' 😁 

Going by the bit you've highlighted it appears you do think the second scenario is true😂😂☺️

You're so blinded by your dislike for Robbie Neilson you can't think straight. 

KyleLafferty
5 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Right guys,when you get the ball in defence look for a marroon top,they're the dark red ones with no green stripes,then play it out. Don't just bang it into nowhere cause guess what? It's coming straight back at you.

To quote Bob Paisley " if they don't have the ball,they can't score"

But remembering every single one of their players would walk into our team? 

Crap as it was this wont define our season.

As I said earlier, a few more quality players in and watch us go (ever the optimist)

4 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Can anyone remember a 1st half when we were so bad, need help on this one, doubt i will sleep well

tonight , that 1st half has done me in.😕.

Today could have been avoided though with an extra goal against cove or inversnecky. 

Mentioned it on another thread and have just checked the date, 20/10/02 lost 1-4 to Celtic at Tyncastle and they scored all 4 in the first half, with Gary Wales scoring in the 89th minute.

The amount of times Gordon should have played it short in the first half instead just punting it and giving it back. Some great saves today but just need to mix distribution up

4 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

But remembering every single one of their players would walk into our team? 

I think everyone knows they are a better team with better players. Most of the criticism is levelled at how we approached the first half. 

So we’ve established how good celtic are but how could Hearts (because it’s Hearts we’re all concerned with at the end of the day) have made it any easier for Celtic on the first half?

6 minutes ago, Beni said:

Mentioned it on another thread and have just checked the date, 20/10/02 lost 1-4 to Celtic at Tyncastle and they scored all 4 in the first half, with Gary Wales scoring in the 89th minute.

0-7 at Tynecastle in the SC in 2013 was worse. Only around 7000 Hearts bothered to turn up and we were 0-5 down at HT. I hung on for a bit but there was hardly anyone left around me. That’s the worst I’ve experienced and can’t think of a worse first half. And at Tynecastle.

Edited by Boab

Gordon Ramsay

Boreson, shit the bed tactics first half are never going to work at Celtic Park. 

On another day they could have scored 7 or 8.

Usual Glasgow shite. Never a 3-2 game 🤣

upgotheheads
5 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Can anyone remember a 1st half when we were so bad, need help on this one, doubt i will sleep well

tonight , that 1st half has done me in.😕.

Today could have been avoided though with an extra goal against cove or inversnecky. 

I don't think I can, and I've been watching Hearts for 68 years. Fortunately I had the excuse of bailing out at half-time to watch my granddaughter play football in Prestwick. Naturally I kept an eye on the score fearing the worst and was surprised to see 2-1, and relieved to see that we didn't get the doing that looked on the cards at half-time. The record books will show a 3-2 defeat to Celtic at Parkhead.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

I think everyone knows they are a better team with better players. Most of the criticism is levelled at how we approached the first half. 

So we’ve established how good celtic are but how could Hearts (because it’s Hearts we’re all concerned with at the end of the day) have made it any easier for Celtic on the first half?

Was it a deliberate tactic or did the players just freeze ? 🤔 

No regrets Neilson. That is a fault right there. An honest manager would own up to his mistakes, this one doesn’t. The set up was wrong and after going two down the least he could do was put Ginnelly on. Tip the balance the other way what was there to lose? Another goal which in the end we did anyway. Who knows we could have gone in at halftime with a better score line. 

3 minutes ago, luckydug said:

If you look at the odd time we managed to boot the ball deep inside celtics half and 4 or 5 off their players were in their own half, we were lined up ten yards inside our own half waiting on them coming back at us. There was no attempt to push up the park that I can remember apart form Haring randomly appearing beside Boyce and GMS at one point. 

Edited by GinRummy

As expected Neilson apologists have come out from hiding. But it’s clear that Until we can get Hearts players going to Glasgow without looking like frightened rabbits in the headlights, we can expect more of the same to come. Neilson’s  job and his coaches is to instil that belief. We are a million miles from achieving that. 

Pains to say it but I think you have to give them credit the way they started the game and the first half in general. No team in Scotland could have dealt with that today.

10 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

The amount of times Gordon should have played it short in the first half instead just punting it and giving it back. Some great saves today but just need to mix distribution up

I'm sure he'd like to discuss his failings with you lol

22 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Was that the same salaries 2 weeks ago?

You might get the odd result like 2 weeks ago but statistically when you are playing against players of a higher calibre they will win the majority of the time. 

The question is did the players do what was asked first half ?? For me players of a lesser calibre bottle it and dont perform as they should I dont believe Neilson asked them to sit in, run around diving in and miscontrolling the ball.

Edited by Jamboelite

KyleLafferty
7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I genuinely think it was a catch 22. They way Celtic played first half, they pushed as back, our players weren’t aggressive enough and not much support for boyce. 
If we went and pressed them high would they have passed round us? More than likely. Celtic look for run in behind which we stopped tremendously at tynie. So we tried to sit in with the extra midfielder, cause their wingbacks come inside to play in the middle, so it was 5v3. It’s so hard to overcome? Second half we bring Gino on and his pace pushes the full backs back which means more space in the middle. 

4 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

You might get the odd result like 2 weeks ago but statistically when you are playing against players of a higher calibre they will win the majority of the time. 

A lot of smaller teams than us get more than the odd result v us.

Mars plastic
19 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Time you started posting opinion rather than inflammatory snippets. 

What part of my post did you disagree with

Were we not over run ? 

You think RN said to the players ' let's not bother playing lads we'll just let Celtic fire shots at us all afternoon' 😁 

Going by the bit you've highlighted it appears you do think the second scenario is true😂😂☺️

You're so blinded by your dislike for Robbie Neilson you can't think straight. 

Erm….the part in bold perhaps?

Mars plastic
4 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Plenty of our results last season would suggest the complete opposite.

Just now, OldGorgie said:

As expected Neilson apologists have come out from hiding. But it’s clear that Until we can get Hearts players going to Glasgow without looking like frightened rabbits in the headlights, we can expect more of the same to come. Neilson’s  job and his coaches is to instil that belief. We are a million miles from achieving that. 

What coach within our budget could do that ? 

When was the last Hearts coach/manager to achieve positive results in Glasgow on a regular

basis ?

Probably Tommy Walker😕

4 minutes ago, norrie1952 said:

I'm sure he'd like to discuss his failings with you lol

Halkett and souttar were screaming at him to play it short. Could have been time wasting. 

Need to try and retain the ball at times

55 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

The apologists trying to have us believe we were playing Real Madrid. 

The roasters are ignoring the vast difference in spending power, even though it was the reason why we should have been winning by bucket loads last season.

Celtic looked suss at the back when we finally pressed them.

Brillcream boy looks shaky in goal and will get caught out wandering.

Halliday was invisible and makes a bigger impact at LB.

Halkett only has one foot and is putting the beef on again.

GMS needs protection....... badly.

Our spine remains promising though.

Hope the Aussie steps up.......👍

41 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

For the folk saying the first half performance was due to how good celtic were and nothing to do with the way we set up and our negative tactics, why did the game completely turn around when we brought on ginelly and adopted more positive tactics at half time? That was nothing to do with celtic all of a sudden becoming a crap team at half time. 

Perhaps a team playing at a very high intensity from the first whistle getting a little tired.

For the folk saying it was all due to Robbies negative tactics, they seem to be conveniently forgetting there were two teams on the park today.

And one of those teams is significantly better than ours.  

15 minutes ago, Boab said:

0-7 at Tynecastle in the SC in 2013 was worse. Only around 7000 Hearts bothered to turn up and we were 0-5 down at HT. I hung on for a bit but there was hardly anyone left around me. That’s the worst I’ve experienced and can’t think of a worse first half. And at Tynecastle.

Yes I'd forgotten that, that was dire, it would have been the 13/14 cup because Hibs knocked us out of the 12/13 cup in December 2012. It must have been during administration, so a bit more understandable.

44 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Fair enough if that’s your reading of it. What I saw was our players waiting on Celtic to come into our half before doing anything at all. They may have over run us anyway, no doubting their attacking quality,  but we made it a much easier for them and played right into their hands. Playing higher up can leave you exposed but it’s the only way to get at their ropey defence. 

Didn’t see the game today but by what I read on here (and looking at the stats)… I tend to agree with you, as that’s exactly what we did for about 60 minutes at Tynie. On that night they could wander into our half without being challenged, which IMO, is criminal against the uglies. Only when Haring and Gnando came on for the last 20 mins we changed tactics, whenever smelltic had goal kick, we were standing on the edge of their box, pushing them. It made a huge difference. 
Why oh why we stand off them I’ll never know. If your ‘happy to let them have the ball’ you’ll always get over run by the uglies… but we do it time and time again. The first half stats were absolutely embarrassing. 
At least in the second half, we showed a bit of character. 

6 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

Plenty of our results last season would suggest the complete opposite.

Yes and no we won the league at a canter.

I would also point out the gap is exponentially bigger in the quality of player when you jump that high up in salary.

Your 10k-15k a week player is massively better than your £3k a week player, whereas the jump in quality Isnt the same when its £1k - £3k between the majority of teams in the premiership.

Edited by Jamboelite

1 minute ago, Beni said:

Yes I'd forgotten that, that was dire, it would have been the 13/14 cup because Hibs knocked us out of the 12/13 cup in December 2012. It must have been during administration, so a bit more understandable.

It was, mate. A horrendous day.

upgotheheads
11 minutes ago, luckydug said:

There was a play in the first half ( I missed the second) when Boyce found himself wit the ball at his feet inside the Celtic half with two Hearts players in front of him, GSM and  Halliday I think, he delayed a fraction of a second then duffed the pass.

That's the difference between our players and theirs, the difference between £895k and £135k if you like.

6 minutes ago, Homme said:

Pains to say it but I think you have to give them credit the way they started the game and the first half in general. No team in Scotland could have dealt with that today.

Spot on.

9 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

I genuinely think it was a catch 22. They way Celtic played first half, they pushed as back, our players weren’t aggressive enough and not much support for boyce. 
If we went and pressed them high would they have passed round us? More than likely. Celtic look for run in behind which we stopped tremendously at tynie. So we tried to sit in with the extra midfielder, cause their wingbacks come inside to play in the middle, so it was 5v3. It’s so hard to overcome? Second half we bring Gino on and his pace pushes the full backs back which means more space in the middle. 

It’s a fair opinion but the other advantage of playing higher is that you can pressure them into mistakes in their own half. You need to at least try and rattle them. 

3 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

Perhaps a team playing at a very high intensity from the first whistle getting a little tired.

For the folk saying it was all due to Robbies negative tactics, they seem to be conveniently forgetting there were two teams on the park today.

And one of those teams is significantly better than ours.  

Apologist 😁

It's so obvious the hate Robbie mob have been waiting for this result. 

manaliveits105

Ginelly had a bug and couldn’t play full game and Gnando pulled out - ignored by the usual bangers though as facts don’t suit their agendas 

36 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Right guys,when you get the ball in defence look for a marroon top,they're the dark red ones with no green stripes,then play it out. Don't just bang it into nowhere cause guess what? It's coming straight back at you.

To quote Bob Paisley " if they don't have the ball,they can't score"

So is it Neilson's fault our players  are  colour blind?. Sorry mate couldn't resist it.😄

KyleLafferty
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It’s a fair opinion but the other advantage of playing higher is that you can pressure them into mistakes in their own half. You need to at least try and rattle them. 

Aw I totally agree winning the ball higher up the park would be better but I don’t think haring or Halliday against better sides have the capacity to do that. 
We were defensive, but I think if you stop them over loading in the middle of the park you can stop most of their attacks. 
How you stop that Japanese boy is different cause his movement causes chaos.

Maybe Devlin and a dominate centre back will help our cause.

41 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Was that the same salaries 2 weeks ago?

BOOM!!

kingantti1874

No great at all, .  Their resources are hugely superior and their squad is on an different level .. but I still think we can and should have a go.. leave with a bit of dignity having at least tried to lay a glove on them. 

im not going to moan too hard though.  Said this was a free pass after the first two weeks and I’ll stick to my word.  Massive game next week now against Aberdeen.  We have got to get back on track 

1 hour ago, KyleLafferty said:

Aw I totally agree winning the ball higher up the park would be better but I don’t think haring or Halliday against better sides have the capacity to do that. 
We were defensive, but I think if you stop them over loading in the middle of the park you can stop most of their attacks. 
How you stop that Japanese boy is different cause his movement causes chaos.

Maybe Devlin and a dominate centre back will help our cause.

Studs to the knee and hope for a yellow card👍

The only player who is able to stop the other team progressing is Beni, he put in a good few tackles. Everyone else just runs around chasing shadows or backing up to the 18 yard box.

It's been a problem for a couple of years, when then the other team have the ball we don't get it back until a last ditch tackle in the box.

I thought this was Hallidays and Harings job to win tackles but no, they never do against anyone.

4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

No great at all, .  Their resources are hugely superior and their squad is on an different level .. but I still think we can and should have a go.. leave with a bit of dignity having at least tried to lay a glove on them. 

im not going to moan too hard though.  Said this was a free pass after the first two weeks and I’ll stick to my word.  Massive game next week now against Aberdeen.  We have got to get back on track 

Aberdeen should be relatively easy, they will be returning from a long jaunt to Baku and back.

24 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

As expected Neilson apologists have come out from hiding. But it’s clear that Until we can get Hearts players going to Glasgow without looking like frightened rabbits in the headlights, we can expect more of the same to come. Neilson’s  job and his coaches is to instil that belief. We are a million pounds from achieving that. 

FTFY 

29 minutes ago, Homme said:

Sad but true.

25 minutes ago, luckydug said:

What coach within our budget could do that ? 

When was the last Hearts coach/manager to achieve positive results in Glasgow on a regular

basis ?

Probably Tommy Walker😕

Usual feeble excuses. Presumably you weren’t around when Vlad was in charge. 

Jambo_jim2001

Sellick has spent how much to beat us with just one goal ?anyhoo as per usual we dust ourselves off and put the scarf on again next week,like the rest i hate it when we lose but thats part and parcel of following hearts,as long as .A we beat hibs and B we finish above them then normal service is resumed,,funny how though the two ugly sisters always seem to avoid each other in the draw