Aberdeen Attendance - ‘full’ capacity confirmed ( updated )

mitch41

Jambo 4 Ever
17 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

Was hoping Aberdeen would hibs it last night so we can have a Saturday fixture but hey ho the advantage of Working from Home on a Monday is that you can get tanned on a Sunday 🙂

Why do you have to get “tanned” at all?

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Boab

• Pasquale for King

• davemclaren

• DETTY29

Fozzyonthefence
11 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Rangers reduced Celtic's allocation to 700 and Celtic reciprocated. So if there is a rule it must be under 2% of the crowd.

There is no percentage figure for league games.  But there is a requirement to give the away fans tickets in normal circumstances (obviously we didn’t give Celtic any because even more of our ST holders that had already paid for that game would’ve missed out).   Can’t be arsed looking it up but it’s been discussed before and the rule is something along the lines of a “reasonable amount”, unlike the Scottish Cup which is 20% iirc. 

A_A wehatethehibs
6 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I don’t think we can afford to lose the money but its not been announced yet. 

It's got nothing to do with affording anything, it's just about what makes logical sense. It makes logical sense to sell every available seat. Say we had 15,000 home fans for Aberdeen which would be a very healthy home support given a lot of people are still concerned about the virus. Why the **** would we happily leave 5000 empty seats? or depending on the covid red zone at least a couple of thousand empty seats?

41 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Why do you have to get “tanned” at all?

I cannot speak on behalf of TexasAndy, but for me, a good few peeves is a major part of the match day. It’s getting up and about early doors, couple of bacon rolls before leaving the house. Into the boozer to meet the boys, few scoops, bit of craic. Maybe put a coupon on, the early kick off game on the pub tellys in the background as the drinks are flowing. Then off to the game itself. Magic. There are many times though that due to work, I have to take the motor to Gorgie, go to the game then straight back home. Those days are no half as much fun though 🙁

2 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

Can season ticket holders watch the game on Hearts Tv if they can't go for health reasons?

Don't think so, is it now not business as usual, ie pre covid in that regard...

13 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

Can season ticket holders watch the game on Hearts Tv if they can't go for health reasons?

Yes

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, jonesy said:

It takes the edge off reading your posts on here, before, during and after games. ;) 

:laugh2:

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Could actually get a right good drinking game out of 'down a bottle of Merlot every time our Hamilton correspondent posts a question'. 

My liver may disagree, however.

👍

Your liver might get a bigger fright if you drink water.

Nelly Terraces
2 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

Was hoping Aberdeen would hibs it last night so we can have a Saturday fixture but hey ho the advantage of Working from Home on a Monday is that you can get tanned on a Sunday 🙂

:lol:... This man gets it. 👍

Jambo 4 Ever
1 hour ago, Mr Sifter said:

I cannot speak on behalf of TexasAndy, but for me, a good few peeves is a major part of the match day. It’s getting up and about early doors, couple of bacon rolls before leaving the house. Into the boozer to meet the boys, few scoops, bit of craic. Maybe put a coupon on, the early kick off game on the pub tellys in the background as the drinks are flowing. Then off to the game itself. Magic. There are many times though that due to work, I have to take the motor to Gorgie, go to the game then straight back home. Those days are no half as much fun though 🙁

Can still have fun without getting drunk though surely 

heisenberg86

Will this game 100% be moved to the Sunday? Would struggle to make it on the Saturday so I’m really hoping it’s changed 😬

The Real Maroonblood
16 minutes ago, heisenberg86 said:

Will this game 100% be moved to the Sunday? Would struggle to make it on the Saturday so I’m really hoping it’s changed 😬

I'm sure it'll be moved.

Keep checking the website. 

People booking hospitality will have to be told soon.

16 minutes ago, heisenberg86 said:

These European games are played on a Thursday so it is highly likely that the game will be moved to Sunday.

They play away to FK Qarabag on (19 August) who are an Azerbaijani Club so they have a long journey after their game so I would imiagine the game will be moved to Sunday.

When I looked this morning, BBC Sport had

No European Conference fixtures up for 19th

Aberdeen away to Qarabag on the 19th

Hearts at home to Aberdeen on the 21st

Aberdeen away to Hearts on the 22nd

Edited by DETTY29

heisenberg86
6 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

These European games are played on a Thursday so it is highly likely that the game will be moved to Sunday.

They play away to FK Qarabag on (19 August) who are an Azerbaijani Club so they have a long journey after their game so I would imiagine the game will be moved to Sunday.

Awesome! Long flight home and then slapped about Tynecastle on a Sunday afternoon…beautiful! 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

:rofl:

1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

:rofl:

I've edited my post and added in that they do have Aberdeen away to Qarabag on Thursday.

FFS....bloody rail strikes on the Sunday....what an absolute joke...

That should have been taken into consideration tbh when moving this....trying to encourage people to the game and you can't even get a fecking train on a Sunday... 🤯🤧🤢😡😖

Pathetic.. 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

I've edited my post and added in that they do have Aberdeen away to Qarabag on Thursday.

👍

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

It's got nothing to do with affording anything, it's just about what makes logical sense. It makes logical sense to sell every available seat. Say we had 15,000 home fans for Aberdeen which would be a very healthy home support given a lot of people are still concerned about the virus. Why the **** would we happily leave 5000 empty seats? or depending on the covid red zone at least a couple of thousand empty seats?

You seem to be arguing with me whilst agreeing that we will sell tickets to them, maybe go and ask the poster I replied to why he thinks we won’t sell tickets to them?

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Aberdeen away to Qarabag on the 19th

They had no mention of Aberdeen’s score last night before, during or after the game. 

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Could actually get a right good drinking game out of 'down a bottle of Merlot every time our Hamilton correspondent posts a question'. 

My liver may disagree, however.

so would your bank balance

A_A wehatethehibs
7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You seem to be arguing with me whilst agreeing that we will sell tickets to them, maybe go and ask the poster I replied to why he thinks we won’t sell tickets to them?

I read your post as, “we can’t afford it” as in, this fake news myth that the clubs struggling / skint. 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

8 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

FFS....bloody rail strikes on the Sunday....what an absolute joke...

That should have been taken into consideration tbh when moving this....trying to encourage people to the game and you can't even get a fecking train on a Sunday... 🤯🤧🤢😡😖

Pathetic.. 

It is a pain but you can’t expect the sheep to play in Azerbaijan on Thursday and Edinburgh on Saturday.

There’ll also be replacement buses. The biggest joke is how long this has been going on. Scotrail don’t seem to care.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I read your post as, “we can’t afford it” as in, this fake news myth that the clubs struggling / skint. 

We are obviously a bit down on finances but I’m not of the opinion we are skint, especially seeing the savings we made on the wage bill.

I can’t see us splashing out on anymore transfer fees but we are paying for Devlin if he gets his work permit, which must surely come through in the next few days. 

Pasquale for King
34 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Yeah it’s been confirmed 

57 minutes ago, heisenberg86 said:

F78C32A2-E31B-4C9B-957A-B07417854DB6.jpeg

1 hour ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Can still have fun without getting drunk though surely 

Of course you can. No one suggested otherwise did they? 🤔

9 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

Of course you can. No one suggested otherwise did they? 🤔

I've watched Hearts sober, it's not recommended 🤣🤣

4 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣

True tho 🙁

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣

True tho 🙁

I’m usually sober 😱🙈

4 hours ago, Boab said:

I’m not sure there is that rule, and if there is, I’d like to see it. I say that on the back of a dispute between the old firm years back when they both refused tickets to be given for away fans.

Maybe my memory is playing tricks but I’m sure that happened, and not in the distant past either.

In any case, methinks it very unlikely Hearts would cut Hibs allocation unless they had to. Police wouldn’t be happy with a mixed stand, ticket office wouldn’t want to deal with the fallout if they cut our allocation etc 

16 minutes ago, JCR said:

In any case, methinks it very unlikely Hearts would cut Hibs allocation unless they had to. Police wouldn’t be happy with a mixed stand, ticket office wouldn’t want to deal with the fallout if they cut our allocation etc 

Hibs are separate. We give each other a stand. The OF on the other hand..!

Delighted the club can finally generate match day income from tickets, hospitality and food and drink sales. Delighted the fans are buying uk tickets and season tickets and supporting the club. We have come through this spell so far unharmed which is really down to budge and co doing a tremendous amount of work to find diners and keep the club on a even keel. 

Delighted, family break away would have meant i'd missed the game on the sat, we'll be back in plenty of time for a few scoops before 3pm on the sunday!

Train and hotel all sorted despite the fixture changed to the Sunday can’t wait to get up there and sample Edinburgh hospitality and to see Tynecastle rammed full to capacity  with Jambos, hope I get a brilliant weekend! Also hope to be up there for the wee team derby, cannot wait! HHGH Terry

19 minutes ago, CARDIFFBOY said:

Train and hotel all sorted despite the fixture changed to the Sunday can’t wait to get up there and sample Edinburgh hospitality and to see Tynecastle rammed full to capacity  with Jambos, hope I get a brilliant weekend! Also hope to be up there for the wee team derby, cannot wait! HHGH Terry

👍 Hope it meets yer expectations.

The Treasurer
41 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

We have given Aberdeen an allocation of 1,200.

Two sections, I think that will leave enough room to meet demand 

AlphonseCapone
44 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

We have given Aberdeen an allocation of 1,200.

Don't think there will be any Hearts fans that want to go missing out because of this. I'm glad there will be away fans, atmosphere is going to be incredible. 

Clerry Jambo
5 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Don't think there will be any Hearts fans that want to go missing out because of this. I'm glad there will be away fans, atmosphere is going to be incredible. 

Absolutely 

3 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

I always watch Hearts sober, perhaps I should try the alternative.😁