St Mirren

kingantti1874

SwindonJambo
33 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

And wearing 10 with MacKay wearing 7, Black wearing 4, Robbo wearing 9 and Berry wearing 2 

Talk about chopping and changing shirt numbers !

No fixed squad numbers on matchdays back in those days IIRC. And only 2 subs, normally numbered 12 & 14. If you lost your goalie, it was usually tough shit with an outfielder having to put on the goalie's jersey. How the game has changed!

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Boab

• Tommy Brown

• GinRummy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maroon Sailor
33 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

No fixed squad numbers on matchdays back in those days IIRC. And only 2 subs, normally numbered 12 & 14. If you lost your goalie, it was usually tough shit with an outfielder having to put on the goalie's jersey. How the game has changed!

Aye I know there were no squad numbers then but JC usually wore 7 and MacKay 10 before he ended up with the 5 shirt

SwindonJambo
1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Aye I know there were no squad numbers then but JC usually wore 7 and MacKay 10 before he ended up with the 5 shirt

Yep - JC was usually  7.  I wonder how they dealt with number changes back then? No names on shirts back then. Maybe they had a 1 size fits all policy and they just swapped shirts. I know the club was profitable back then but football finances were another World from now and they still really had to count the pennies!

4 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Fecking Baltic that day 

I missed the bus as I was late home from work  :berra: watched it on teletext 🤣

This for me is the real test, no point beating the Tim's on opening day if we can't go to paisley and win, I think we will struggle to break them down unfortunately.

What are the chances of an away ticket allocation?

I have not really been following the percentage rules for attendances so no idea if we will be offered any tickets. 

2800+. statement on another thread from their Chairman giving reasons for non use of Main Stand.

It's deemed a red zone as they are using their ground for training at present due to work being carried out at their training facility.

No chance till after 9th Aug. They’re carrying out a ballot for ST holders now. Can see the final figure being no more than 2500. 

7 hours ago, lost in space said:

I really dont like Goodwin but he will have his team motivated for the game. They look a useful side and will probably finish about 6th.  All I want is for Hearts to go there and try and win the game (not try to "not lose" it). No sideways-sideways-back-sideways-back to Gordon nonsense.

This is pretty much how we'll approach the game.

Samuel Camazzola
6 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

image.jpeg.0706eebeb531040cad67b2a46d058153.jpegSt Mirren forever contaminated

That's the saddest thing I've ever seen in Scottish football. 

The Old Tolbooth

Games like this are the acid test, our results at home are generally okay under Neilson, our away form is abysmal however, and it needs to change, he needs to start playing with the handbrake off and just let the players impose themselves on away games, we can definitely do it, but will he let us? 

Time will tell.... 

There’s many objectives for Hearts but if there’s one it’s to right the wrong of losing to teams like St Mirren, St Johnstone etc….far too often in

the last few years.  

We need to get angry again. We need to rid the complacency and lack of

tempo and hunger we’ve saw from Hearts in these games all too often for quite a while now.

Салатные палочки
3 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

There’s many objectives for Hearts but if there’s one it’s to right the wrong of losing to teams like St Mirren, St Johnstone etc….far too often in

the last few years.  

tempo and hunger we’ve saw from Hearts in these games all too often for quite a while now.

100% this. We have become a bit of a joke in that regard, turning up for the big games and switching off v. smaller teams. 

A win on Saturday would put down a big marker for us this season.  St Mirren will be pumped for it, we should be also. 

Just now, Salad Fingers said:

100% this. We have become a bit of a joke in that regard, turning up for the big games and switching off v. smaller teams. 

A win on Saturday would put down a big marker for us this season.  St Mirren will be pumped for it, we should be also. 

They will, mate.  

We all know an open game suits Hearts, and v Celtic while under pressure later, we’d had a bit joy earlier in the game. 

They’ll hound us from the start. We need to be combative and have much more resolve and persistence.  👍🏻

Bazzas right boot
19 hours ago, Savage Vince said:

We usually struggle through there and I suspect that'll continue next week. Any win will do me. 

This. 

They have also improved under Goodwin, he has them playing decent stuff. 

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

the last few years.  

By last few years, do you mean like 40/50 years? 

We've always been vulnerable away from home at these teams in my lifetime. 

The last few years ( since Bob's first term) has seen our home form slip as well v these sorts, that's been the big difference. 

10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

By last few years, do you mean like 40/50 years? 

We've always been vulnerable away from home at these teams in my lifetime. 

The last few years ( since Bob's first term) has seen our home form slip as well v these sorts, that's been the big difference. 

No I don’t mean the last 40/50 years.

If you looked, for example, St Johnstone couldn’t buy a win v us before roughly 2010. Now they have turned that around since then. 

Same with Kilmarnock(although now not in the SPL).

Did you forget the away record chat we had? You always made it out to be bad and something we shouldn’t criticise recent managers about but that wasn’t the case.  

Apart from the OF, Hearts had a good away record once upon a time.  

Heartsofgold

For me, this game is a 'consolidation' game in that, we need to consolidate where we actually are in terms of performance and expectations.

I hate St. Mirren for every reason a Hearts fan should but we should be under no illusion that Goodwin will have them fired up and prepared for us.  We need to be smart, resilient and solid.  I wouldn't be surprised if they took the lead against us and if they do then how we respond is an indicator of where the team is developmentally speaking.

Hopefully we ram it right up their Celtic loving farter.

29 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Have we won at their ground since 2013?

We've never won a league game at their new stadium. Which tells you all you need to know about our away form in the 2010s.

13 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

We've never won a league game at their new stadium. Which tells you all you need to know about our away form in the 2010s.

Grim reading that. Well, time to put at end to that. Not many better times to go there after being Celtic at home with a last minute winner. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Games we need to dominate. If you dominate enough of these games then you win your fair share. Obviously want the 3 points, but I would like to see a shift in these away games to Hearts looking the more likelier of the sides regularly, and pushing these teams back. I'd start the same way again, but this time with Haring in. If its not going so well, can always hook one of the wingers

1 hour ago, Martin_T said:

We have.

We’ve won twice at their new ground. 
League in 2010 and Cup replay in 2012.

Still an awful record though.

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, Boab said:

We have.

We’ve won twice at their new ground. 
League in 2010 and Cup replay in 2012.

Still an awful record though.

Horrible wee ground though. 😄

McGrath is a good midfielder for them, wanted by a few clubs, supposedly,we need to dominate the midfield, do that, then the 3 points are in the bag.

HHGH 

The Treasurer
20 minutes ago, scottg71 said:

Are they not steaming their games?

I thought all spfl games were to be available until the crowds were back 

Horatio Caine
On 02/08/2021 at 10:22, Maroon Sailor said:

A sticky 0-0 is on the cards

0-0 wouldn't make me sticky...

23 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Horrible wee ground though. 😄

I still have a very bad memory from the last time we where there, rushing to get through after work and watching that horrid performance and with the beginning of the lockdowns to come it was just awful ! here’s hoping we come home with three points this time.

Austin MacGlee
On 01/08/2021 at 11:12, Weebroon98 said:

This is the type of game that we will see what kind of team we have. For too many season we have struggled at grounds like this in the premier league, hoping with the confidence high we can get a decent result. 

Correct. 
I'm expecting St Liedoon to give us a harder game than their best pals did on Sat night to be honest.

As others have said, we need to turn up and go for 3 pts, anything less undos the good result against Celtic. 

Ive got some faith in this team though. Gordon between the sticks is a blessing we’ve not had in a while going there. Plus Boycie, GMS and Gino will give St Mirren something to think about. 

Think we will win and comfortably - 2-0 - Boyce and GMS with the goals 

They are a Rancid club. Not like the motivation won’t be there. 

Jambof3tornado
On 01/08/2021 at 14:16, SomethingAboutObua said:

Yep, they see us as some sort of rivals for some reason and always get their tails up for it. Agree with what other posters have said as well that them hoofing the ball against us will totally negate any good midfield advantage we have. 

Why,we don't have to hoof it straight back, thus maintaining our good midfield advantage.

We need to at least pick up a point but given our away form for the last long while thats very much in the balance.

2 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Think we will win and comfortably - 2-0 - Boyce and GMS with the goals 

They are a Rancid club. Not like the motivation won’t be there. 

There was no bigger motivation the last time we played them. Win and they were bottom. We blew it big time. 
Time to show up there and go for it.

Jambof3tornado
27 minutes ago, One five said:

I still have a very bad memory from the last time we where there, rushing to get through after work and watching that horrid performance and with the beginning of the lockdowns to come it was just awful ! here’s hoping we come home with three points this time.

This.i was hoping fans would be back in by the time we got to visit them again. After our pathetic performance that night I'd like to have witnessed our new attitude and hunger in person than on another shitty stream(hooky firestick, they can suck my festering stump if they think I'm gifting them any ppv cash).

davemclaren
40 minutes ago, One five said:

Me too. Terrible weather, match, ground, team, performance, result and incoming pandemic. 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

They will be

It only says audio available on their website and nothing in their PPV section 

It should’ve been 12!

Re PPV/Streaming -

I dropped St Mirren TV a message at the weekend and they confirmed yesterday -

PPV will be on sale later this week, PPV is video and can be viewed in the UK.“

👍💪🇱🇻