Beni Baningime

Deodato

BackOfTheNet

Commented during the game that he has a distinct ‘footballing brain’ which other lack. If you know what I mean. The way he looks in every direction as a ball is dropping before deciding what to do with the ball and where to play it was immense. His pick-pocketing of players was glorious too.

However before the game I was worried. I thought a young guy had been thrown in the deep end too early only a couple of days after signing and could have long term consequences in terms of confidence and player/fan relations. After the first 15 minutes I was worried the game may pass him by. The best thing about him today though - the BEST thing - is his post match interview where he himself mentioned it took him around 15 minutes to get used to the pace and style of the game. His footballing brain is immaculate  and a rare ability and he can be a huge player for us if he keeps that up.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• milky_26

• Bongo 1874

• Cruyff

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

weegie jambo

Calm in possession, always looking to drive forward, no sideways or back passing. Seems to have extending legs the number of times he smuggled the ball off an opponent. Very impressive debut and his smile walking along trackside after his TV interview was a joy to behold. I think we have a real player here!

Boy has Go Go Gadget legs!! Seemed to be able to wrap himself around anything tonight and get a poke on the ball. Very good first performance tonight, they won't all be like that, but if the majority are, then the boy is going to be a firm favourite. 

3 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Commented during the game that he has a distinct ‘footballing brain’ which other lack. If you know what I mean. The way he looks in every direction as a ball is dropping before deciding what to do with the ball and where to play it was immense. His pick-pocketing of players was glorious too.

However before the game I was worried. I thought a young guy had been thrown in the deep end too early only a couple of days after signing and could have long term consequences in terms of confidence and player/fan relations. After the first 15 minutes I was worried the game may pass him by. The best thing about him today though - the BEST thing - is his post match interview where he himself mentioned it took him around 15 minutes to get used to the pace and style of the game. His footballing brain is immaculate  and a rare ability and he can be a huge player for us if he keeps that up.

Great spacial awareness and can hold it tight as well. I though he read the game fantastically for a young lad.

3 minutes ago, Fraggle said:

Boy has Go Go Gadget legs!! Seemed to be able to wrap himself around anything tonight and get a poke on the ball. Very good first performance tonight, they won't all be like that, but if the majority are, then the boy is going to be a firm favourite. 

🤣🤣

Go Go Gadget Beni - Beni Gadget-ime

drumie jambo
7 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

The best hearts debut since djoum. Hopefully his career goes the same way.

As long as he is played in his best position.

Maybe missed it,  but was Beni interviewed after the game ?. Would love to know what he thought.

Just now, whodanny said:

Maybe missed it,  but was Beni interviewed after the game ?. Would love to know what he thought.

Big grinning cheeser covers it

Just now, sadj said:

Big grinning cheeser covers it

Hope so, the lad deserves to be grinning till he's sore.

Just now, RULEOF3 said:

Dont want to hijack a thread and dont slate me - this is an aside - did anyone feel Boyce was fairly anonymous - felt sure hed be off after an hour

No , ill elaborate….If you think Boyce was anonymous you don’t understand what he was being asked to do and just what effort he put in defensively. Gino and GMS were our outballs not Boyce tonight

Edited by sadj

2 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

I know it's just one game and I don't really want to get carried away, however I thought he was absolutely class tonight! Never wasted the ball one, looks so so good when he got on the ball. Early days but looks like he has the potential to turn into a diamond 💎

He looked very good but I think going by his interview at half time on Hearts TV there will be a lot more to come from him and he will be a lot more expressive in other games.Very confident young lad he came across as but not cocky.

16 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

He looked like he knew where to be 10 seconds before he had to be there. If he can do the same against the other teams in this league then what a signing he could be. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 minute ago, RULEOF3 said:

Dont want to hijack a thread and dont slate me - this is an aside - did anyone feel Boyce was fairly anonymous - felt sure hed be off after an hour

Boyce did a power of work throughout and was still going strong at the end. If anyone faded it was GMS but he did very well early doors and was replaced at the right time.

17 minutes ago, sadj said:

🤣🤣

Go Go Gadget Beni - Beni Gadget-ime

😅

Go Go Gadget Beni Legs

wattie exploited

he is fast ,he wins tackles he was brilliant :rifle:

trying to think when we had a midfield player who had as great a first game for us a  :toasting:

only hope this is just a taste of what is to come from him he was great tonight :jambobanana:

All roads lead to Gorgie

It is the timing and the angle of his tackles that impressed me most. Even Madden couldn't give free kicks against him hard as he tried.

8 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

he is fast ,he wins tackles he was brilliant :rifle:

trying to think when we had a midfield player who had as great a first game for us a  :toasting:

only hope this is just a taste of what is to come from him he was great tonight :jambobanana:

I think he will get better still. Unfamiliar team mates, different pace of the game up here, has he played much lately ? Just imagine when he gets up to speed and full match fitness. I think we've signed a gem here Wattie !

52 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Spent the first 15 minutes thinking WTF before he got into it, then enjoyed it, felt good, boys have really welcomed him and helped him. The odd football cliche chucked in for good measure

Bit of a shy lad who’ll let his football do the talking I think.

SpruceBringsteen

Once he gets up to speed he's going to be a guy we talk about for a long, long time.

1 hour ago, Diego10 said:

An outstanding debut.  So many interceptions, can run with the ball and his passing was positive.

Carries on in that vein and what a signing he'll be

Carries on in that vein, we should enjoy his performances as he won’t be here for that long. Absolutely no doubt in my mind that we saw the potential in this player. He was happy signing a 3 yr deal, knowing, that if he shines, then he can use us as a springboard to get noticed again, and possibly get a big move back down south 

A young player, coming from a big pedigree Premiership club, with the ability he obviously has, and with the motivation to play well, week in and week out, and for the sake of his own career. 

Exactly the type of buying strategy we should be looking at and for all other players - so pleased with this bit of business. If this is a result of the new scouting re-structure then fantastic news for us 👍

J.T.F.Robertson

IF he can keep that up, we have really knocked it off!

I thought he was something else.

wattie exploited
1 hour ago, whodanny said:

I think he will get better still. Unfamiliar team mates, different pace of the game up here, has he played much lately ? Just imagine when he gets up to speed and full match fitness. I think we've signed a gem here Wattie !

he held the ball up great and doesn't panic with the ball just hope he doesn't get injured :toasting:

After about 10-15 minutes settling he never put a foot wrong, seemed to be everywhere and never missed a tackle. Great find on this showing and genuinely excited if this is the talent our new recruitment team can bring to the club. 👍

Brilliant debut, once he gets to know the other players better and gets his fitness up to speed he will be one of the most important players this year for us

CloustonHMFC
3 hours ago, sadj said:

No , ill elaborate….If you think Boyce was anonymous you don’t understand what he was being asked to do and just what effort he put in defensively. Gino and GMS were our outballs not Boyce tonight

How very condescending of you mate 😉🤣

4 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

How very condescending of you mate 😉🤣

😇 don’t know whatever you mean good sir

Radio Ga Ga

Great debut, two or three posters on the match thread giving him pelters before he had time to settle into the game, JKB at its finest…

7 hours ago, Newton51 said:

I rate pollock but spent money on mceneff and out of favour 

A long season ahead, and no doubt both will start in games. It’s up to Players to show they are good enough to be picked.

highlandjambo3
7 hours ago, sadj said:

Boyce seems about 1 second slow on the trigger…..I’m seeing it more and more often now, seems to often be looking down at his feet when he has the ball…..look up man.

Samuel Camazzola
7 hours ago, RULEOF3 said:

Far from it. Did some tremendous work in drawing their back line and midfield out of position. A couple bits of his decision making in possession could have been improved but for his overall contribution, it was far from anonymous. 

Ex member of the SaS

My main worry after beating Celtic is the officials will punish him for almost every tackle and I was surprised he go away with some even though they were brilliant. The ref last night allowed them some very dodgy fouls and I was sure he would blow every time Beni made a tackle. He will be immense for us if this is his quality.

RustyRightPeg

What a performance from this lad. 

Countless interceptions, won his tackles and didn’t waste the ball. Brilliant. 

Салатные палочки
1 hour ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Far from it. Did some tremendous work in drawing their back line and midfield out of position. A couple bits of his decision making in possession could have been improved but for his overall contribution, it was far from anonymous. 

This. We can't underestimate the importance of Boyce to this team. 

Carl Fredrickson

Tremendous debut. His energy and tackling is something we have lacked for a while. The likes of Brentford have done well with "cast offs" from EPL academies and I am glad that we are looking at this level of player. 

Beni could become a star for us and I would love to see us with lots of similar aged players (Cochrane is another) who have a point to prove and the desire to prove others wrong. 

IF he keeps up that level of performance then he will get a move back south and we will have benefitted from his performance, probably get a fee and hopefully others will see us as an opportunity to kick-start their careers. 

Салатные палочки
3 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

What a performance from this lad. 

Countless interceptions, won his tackles and didn’t waste the ball. Brilliant. 

He seems quite skilful also, able to work himself into a bit of space to pick out a pass. Doesn't allow himself to be rushed. Whether he can carry that into the season with the pace of the game up here remains to be seen but I was really impressed with his debut. 

1 hour ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Boyce seems about 1 second slow on the trigger…..I’m seeing it more and more often now, seems to often be looking down at his feet when he has the ball…..look up man.

Boyce is absolutely brilliant, the down side is he doesn't shoot that often. His shot to goal ratio is really impressive - overall though its just brilliant to see an intelligent striker up top for us. For years we've just sat and watch headless chickens running around.

Gordon Ramsay

He got better and better as the game went on. Seems to have extendable legs, some of those tackles were unreal. 

Looks composed on the ball too. 

LarrysRightFoot
42 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

This. We can't underestimate the importance of Boyce to this team. 

Boyce is a number 10 not a 9 - well he certainly is in this formation. If he had a 9 in front of him we’d be a bigger threat IMO. I’m not sure looking at our players what formation would get the best out of everyone. Early days though. 

William H. Bonney

Listening to the bbc podcast and John Collins reckons there won’t be a better signing in the league this season. 
High praise indeed.