Beni Baningime

Deodato

Rogue Daddy

…from the BBC website (yeah, I know right?)

The 22-year-old boasted a passing accuracy over over 83%, won more more tackles than any other player, made the second-most interceptions, won 60% of his duels, and conceded just one foul. 

Compare that to his opposite number Ismaila Soro. The Celtic midfielder won just 33% of his duels, conceded five fouls, made seven fewer successful tackles than Baningime and two fewer interceptions. 

Beni - 10/10

HMFC New Recruitment Department - 10/10

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• milky_26

• Bongo 1874

• Cruyff

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Far from it. Did some tremendous work in drawing their back line and midfield out of position. A couple bits of his decision making in possession could have been improved but for his overall contribution, it was far from anonymous. 

Thought Boyce was magnificent. Vv hard working display from our no. 9

Thought he looked a tad slow on the ball in the opening minutes, but he adapted very quickly to the pace of the game. He has huge potential with us if he keeps they performances up.

Got a good one with this lad. He looks the real deal. Another three signings in the right places and we’ll have a very decent squad.

Made 8 tackles in the game yesterday, no one else in the league made more than 5 (as per whoscored.com).

Also made 4 interceptions, only Greg Taylor’s 5 was more.

7 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Thought Beni would be taken off as he visibly tired but kept going .

The criticism of Boyce baffles me 

Me too !!

the guy ran himself to a standstill closing down , a lonely and difficult job the way we were set up. When the ball did get to him he tried hard to make good use of it

3rd name on team sheet for me after Craig and Soapy

11 hours ago, sadj said:

No , ill elaborate….If you think Boyce was anonymous you don’t understand what he was being asked to do and just what effort he put in defensively. Gino and GMS were our outballs not Boyce tonight

the only thing boyce got wrong last night was at times he held onto the ball too long rather than pkaying a quick pass. the one where smith ended up offside a case in point. apart from that like everyone he played well

13 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Thought Beni would be taken off as he visibly tired but kept going .

The criticism of Boyce baffles me 

Any criticism of Boyce’s over all performance last night is just plain wrong. You can always pick up on individual passes or passages of play but his contribution was superb. 

rudi must stay

I think this guy is brilliant. When he gets it it's almost like he says "just give me a minute to think about it" but he's brilliant. Good that his game has a bit of humour in it as well 

highlandjambo3
3 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Boyce seems about 1 second slow on the trigger…..I’m seeing it more and more often now, seems to often be looking down at his feet when he has the ball…..look up man.

Please don’t take my post (above) as criticism of Boyce in any way, he works his backside off and he’ll bag a few this season…..I just would like him to look around a bit just before he gets the ball and, whilst it’s at his feet.

Brick Tamland
2 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

The 22-year-old boasted a passing accuracy over over 83%, won more more tackles than any other player, made the second-most interceptions, won 60% of his duels, and conceded just one foul. 

Compare that to his opposite number Ismaila Soro. The Celtic midfielder won just 33% of his duels, conceded five fouls, made seven fewer successful tackles than Baningime and two fewer interceptions. 

Very impressive stats, what impressed me on top of all that was his composure, old head on young shoulders.

Very early days but a great start to his career at Hearts.

AllyjamboDerbyshire

Thought he was great last night, played as I'd hoped/expected he might. I think, though, that the real test will come in games where the defence/he is not put under so much pressure and he has to look for someone to defend against. If he plays as well against the lesser sides as he did/will do against the better sides, he will be some player. 

He looked like a real team player, and did so after only two days of training with his new teammates.

chuck berrys hairline

Grew in stature as the game went on when he realised Celtic aren't all that! Bossed it second half with some mazy runs 😏

The Hogfather

I actually thought he had a shaky first half hour or so, but really grew into the game. Couple of times he seemed like he was a bit reluctant to commit for a ball that was his, but it's his first game in a new league with new team mates so I'm not going to get worked up about it. Really grew into the game and a very deserving MoTM.

2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Correct. Anyone who doesn't appreciate Boyce has no knowledge whatsoever of the game and what he brings to the team.

😍 

36 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

the only thing boyce got wrong last night was at times he held onto the ball too long rather than pkaying a quick pass. the one where smith ended up offside a case in point. apart from that like everyone he played well

👌🏻

3 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

My main worry after beating Celtic is the officials will punish him for almost every tackle and I was surprised he go away with some even though they were brilliant. The ref last night allowed them some very dodgy fouls and I was sure he would blow every time Beni made a tackle. He will be immense for us if this is his quality.

Actually I think this will be less of a problem for Beni compared to say Brellier or Adao.  

Beni does the dirty work but based on last night it was often clever or just sticking a leg round to get a little nick away etc

As opposed to going into more robust challenges.

Very promising start for the lad. With Soutter Beni and Boyce as the spine of the outfield  and Gordon in goals he has great a great chance to shine. 

Jambof3tornado
2 hours ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

He got better and better as the game went on. Seems to have extendable legs, some of those tackles were unreal. 

Looks composed on the ball too. 

Just the way he times nipping in between legs to steal a touch. Several times he had 3 celtic players round him and still somehow apeared with the ball.

Putting the Japanese lad on his ass twice was comedy gold.

If thats the standard we are aiming for then bring it on( I know its only 1 game but its a bloody good start).

Thought Beni was brilliant and got better as the game went on and adapted to the pace of the game..

im hoping this is the level he plays to week in week out and not a one off…

well done recruitment team 

Yup well done Beni. Struggled for the first 15 minutes or so and tired for the final 10 minutes but what an engine. I'm hoping that he will bring Haring back to his peak now that the defensive duties are being split between them. Not sure where this leaves Halliday as I like like him but we can't have a midfield full of defensive players. Cover I guess.

Outstanding shift from the lad. He put in a power of graft but showed he can play too.

Cant wait to see him when he’s up to full speed.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

That's it minds made up. I'm calling him banger. Don't care if nobody else does lmao. 

Haven't seen the entire game but, for those who have, how does Beni's debut compare to Sibbick?

7 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Far from it. Did some tremendous work in drawing their back line and midfield out of position. A couple bits of his decision making in possession could have been improved but for his overall contribution, it was far from anonymous. 

I'm with you, guys in front of me were losing their shit while I was thinking his play was excellent and allowed others to get into the game 

4 minutes ago, martoon said:

Haven't seen the entire game but, for those who have, how does Beni's debut compare to Sibbick?

Beni was a more complete debut, I'd take sibbick back in a heartbeat

6 minutes ago, martoon said:

Would take both. 

Both were outstanding debuts. 

You have to take into account what sort of game the managers try to play, sibbick under stendel we played a more open game but possession based. 

Under Robbie more to frustrate and hit on the break, but it was very effective and worked. 

Beni was outstanding last night, and like I said on the transfer thread if he plays half just half of what he is capable of, he won't be with us for long. 

7 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Would take both. 

You have to take into account what sort of game the managers try to play, sibbick under stendel we played a more open game but possession based. 

Under Robbie more to frustrate and hit on the break, but it was very effective and worked. 

Beni was outstanding last night, and like I said on the transfer thread if he plays half just half of what he is capable of, he won't be with us for long. 

Aye some folk you can't get rid off, others leave too soon. Still one game in eh, must enjoy before he goes

2 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Aye some folk you can't get rid off, others leave too soon. Still one game in eh, must enjoy before he goes

Very good player mate who lost his way in an English premiership side, that have spent a fair bit of cash over the years. 

Has been extremely unlucky with injures, but there is no doubt he has the talent to play at the very highest level of the game. 

Already being touted signing of the season by pundits. 

When you consider what Celtic paid for Sorro etc he's a far more composed player than him, and we got him for free. 

Between us and Rangers our recruitment teams must be laughing there Co**s off 😂 Beni free, Kamara 50k, Soro £2.5 mil 😂😂😂

How can you have those sorts of funds and get it so wrong, massive problems at Celtic. 

6 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Stumbled?

Guess you missed the mocking nature of my post. It was in reference to those so keen to have a go at Savage and his recruitment team he has assembled. I’m pretty sure we didn’t just stumble across this lad. 👍

47 minutes ago, brux said:

Beni was a more complete debut, I'd take sibbick back in a heartbeat

44 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Would take both. 

Cheers lads.

Sibbick's was one of the best debuts I've seen.

Watching him off the ball was as pleasing as him on it. His reading of the game in front of him was very impressive. Looking forward to seeing him fully fit. Well done BB😁

davemclaren
32 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

Watching him off the ball was as pleasing as him on it. His reading of the game in front of him was very impressive. Looking forward to seeing him fully fit. Well done BB😁

He should get fully fit in the next two or three games I reckon. If he can improve on last night then he looks like a great signing. 

What's amazing is the fact he was only signed a few days earlier, thrown into a game against Celtic, and put in a MoM performance.

I hear some people making excuses for Starfelt, who had an inconsistent start for Celtic, because he was playing his first game and had only had had one training session with the team.  Starfelt has far more experience of playing first team football than Beni, so should have been better able to cope with the situation than a youngster with just a handful of first team appearances under his belt.

The frightening thing (in a good way) is that Beni can surely only get better as he gets up to full speed fitness wise and spends more time on the training pitch with his new team mates.

I really hope this is a sign of things to come under our new recruitment team, as that has been an area in which we have badly underperformed in recent years.

2 minutes ago, RobNox said:

The frightening thing (in a good way) is that Beni can surely only get better as he gets up to full speed fitness wise and spends more time on the training pitch with his new team mates.

Experience tells us that this is often not the case.

Logic tells us that a player should become more comfortable as he settles in to the first team and gets more match time. But how many times have we seen it go the other way. I've lost count of the number of players I've seen perform well on their first few games and thought they can only get better and it just doesn't happen.

I mean Mark De Vreis and Jean Louis Valois never did live up to their derby showing when they were new signings and not match fit...

LarrysRightFoot
4 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

Logic tells us that a player should become more comfortable as he settles in to the first team and gets more match time. But how many times have we seen it go the other way. I've lost count of the number of players I've seen perform well on their first few games and thought they can only get better and it just doesn't happen.

I mean Mark De Vreis and Jean Louis Valois never did live up to their derby showing when they were new signings and not match fit...

Surely you are not suggesting that our level can drag players down. 

Do The Dance
15 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

Yeah, my first thought too, unfortunately. Too much experiences of it going the other way.

Hopefully not the case here.

15 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

I accept that MDV never again scored 4 goals in a game against Hibs, but come on, he was a good striker for us.  Both MDV and Valois were experienced players when we brought them in, Beni has far more potential to develop than either of those did.

You could no doubt then point out Harry Cochrane as an example of a player who didn't go on to live up to the expectations he set after that performance against Celtic, but Beni is a far more impressive physical specimen than Harry.

I'm not suggesting that Beni can go on to become a world beater, just that on the basis of his debut performance when he's only been in the door for days, I can see him go on to become a big player for us this season. 

Early days, incredible performance, looks a brilliant player, smart, composed and athletic, could be the best signing any team makes this season...only caveat is it's not brilliant to judge a player on one game, remember how excited we were about Tzolis? 

4 minutes ago, Hilary Briss said:

Superb debut. Only gonna get better too. Early days but looks cracking signing

No, apparently he has peaked and it's going to be downhill all the way from here 🙂

He played well considering he only signed a day before, but will have a lot more to give which is a worry to those enough have went over the top in this thread.

Pasquale for King

Looks like a great signing, a more attacking midfielder can play alongside him when he gets more used to things. 

jamboinglasgow

First half I thought he had overall been rusty with some good flashes, but second half he looked fantastic. Hopefully not a one off, but considering he has had 2 training sessions with the team and not player senior football since January, the potential is exciting.

1 hour ago, RobNox said:

I accept that MDV never again scored 4 goals in a game against Hibs, but come on, he was a good striker for us.  Both MDV and Valois were experienced players when we brought them in, Beni has far more potential to develop than either of those did.

You could no doubt then point out Harry Cochrane as an example of a player who didn't go on to live up to the expectations he set after that performance against Celtic, but Beni is a far more impressive physical specimen than Harry.

I'm not suggesting that Beni can go on to become a world beater, just that on the basis of his debut performance when he's only been in the door for days, I can see him go on to become a big player for us this season. 

Yeah, I was only kidding about Valois and De Vreis.

But agreed on the rest. The general rule is you'd expect most to improve after a debut, acclimatising to their surroundings, gaining match fitness, getting used to their teams style, managers philosophy and pace of the game in a new country etc.

But there are plenty of examples of exceptions to that rule