***Official Heart of Midlothian v Celtic Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Great night that was, love sticking it up that mob. Hungover to **** this morning

Loved it.

First time I've sat and watched a game in the boozer in years and to top it off I was there with my wife who supports Celtic.

Couldn't have been better.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• milky_26

• sadj

• Cruyff

Ex member of the SaS

Why is it when Celtic ( or Sevco ) get beat the media always focus on how poor they were, rather than how good the opposition were?

Ok we let them run over the mid for a lot of the game but for long spells we more than matched them, yet it was Celtic's failings that cost them the game and not a brilliant ball into the box for a brilliant header home.

Mr Elwood P

Fair play to those posters attempting to find negatives from last night. A unique type of person …

Edited by Mr Elwood P

30 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

What a great result that was. Every player played their part in a real team performance. We finished the stronger team as well. 

Credit to Robbie and his coaches too. Great substitutions. You could see him urging the team further forward and when it didn't happen he changed it. 

Also the team spirit seems to be great too. 

Anyone who moans about last night can just feck off. They don't know their arse from their elbow.

:spoton:

What a feeling scoring a last minute winner against that lot. 

Like so many I was gutted not to be there last night but I want to come on and congratulate you 5k loud, Gorgie Rules, Hearts loving, legends!

The atmosphere sounded tremendous on the tv, that’s was Tynie is all about, that’s when Hearts are at their best, when the Cauldron is bubbling.

Take a bow every one of you!

Unknown user
8 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

70s throwback? Beatles vibe?

They split in April '70. I know it's being pedantic but I physically couldn't let it slide, really sorry

maroondevo52

Sore throat today but that was wonderful, padded seat for the first time but hardly used it.

This thread highlights the need for 2 threads after a match.

One to celebrate a victory/meh a draw/👎a loss, but no talking about how we played etc.

Then another one where we can celebrate a win but discuss performance of team/players/tactics, meh a draw but discuss performance of team/players/tactics or 👎a loss but discuss team/player/tactics.

This way those who can't cope with the 2nd thread would have no need to pop into that one. They seem to struggle with the concept.

Jkb would be a better place for it imo.

52 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

Loved it.

First time I've sat and watched a game in the boozer in years and to top it off I was there with my wife who supports Celtic.

Couldn't have been better.

Another with a Celtic fan wife. Watched it in the house and she went to bed to watch Below Deck after JS scored 😂

Just woke up with a very sore head and told I may be banned from the Irish bar in Tavira (Portugal). Apparently some glasses levitated from the table onto the floor when Soappy scored. Ah well who gives a pheck. We pumped them. Yeehaaaa!!! 

We've got to get out of this habit of sitting deep against the OF.  We were so deep at times I thought we were going to end up having 11 men on goal line.

1 hour ago, Jack Torrance said:

BBC News - Hearts 2-1 Celtic: How Tynecastle side's backbone showed up visitors' frailties
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58043953

good analysis of starfelt from levein

Former Hearts manager Craig Levein was left umimpressed. "I look at Starfelt, and okay it's his first match, but he's not a dominant centre half," he said on Sportsound. "Boyce beat him in the air in the first half half a dozen times.

"What kind of centre back is he going to be? Is he a ball playing centre half - I didn't see enough of that. Has he got pace, no - Ginnelly burned him two or three times down the side in the first half.

"Compare him to [Hearts'] John Souttar, and for me it's just night and day. John's got pace, he's a good passer, he's good in the air. Things that you can see in one match."

Maroon Sailor
4 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

good analysis of starfelt from levein

Former Hearts manager Craig Levein was left umimpressed. "I look at Starfelt, and okay it's his first match, but he's not a dominant centre half," he said on Sportsound. "Boyce beat him in the air in the first half half a dozen times.

"What kind of centre back is he going to be? Is he a ball playing centre half - I didn't see enough of that. Has he got pace, no - Ginnelly burned him two or three times down the side in the first half.

"Compare him to [Hearts'] John Souttar, and for me it's just night and day. John's got pace, he's a good passer, he's good in the air. Things that you can see in one match."

Souttar has got a bit of Levein about him

2 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Souttar has got a bit of Levein about him

i bet steve clarke wishes he took souttar to the euros. we might have actually got out of the group if he was there (along with playing big craig)

Maroon Sailor
5 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

i bet steve clarke wishes he took souttar to the euros. we might have actually got out of the group if he was there (along with playing big craig)

Clarke can come across as a bit of an arsehole. Still think he's to blame for not getting out of that group. His selections were based on loyalty and not form imo

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Rick Sanchez
17 hours ago, Jeff said:

Him and Madden are best mates

Good call mate. Wish I'd consulted first! 

Brick Tamland
2 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Why is it when Celtic ( or Sevco ) get beat the media always focus on how poor they were, rather than how good the opposition were?

Ok we let them run over the mid for a lot of the game but for long spells we more than matched them, yet it was Celtic's failings that cost them the game and not a brilliant ball into the box for a brilliant header home.

It typifies everything that is wrong with Scottish football.

Everything football wise in this country is set up to support the old firm, because they are the biggest clubs with the biggest support and nobody wants to upset that order. The media and the authorities don't want competition which is what every fan and club is desperate for, they want the uglies to champion the Scottish cause in Europe and don't accept that competition is a good thing in this country.

My list below, which is a long long way from being exhaustive, is pretty good evidence to that. 

In no particular order...

The uglies can play friendlies during the season and can cancel games to do so whilst other teams struggle to field a team because of illness but can't get a postponement.

No other team outwith the OF gets any level of coverage, e.g. St. Johnstone should have been back page headlines for weeks following their double but nope it was very quickly back to the arse cheeks.

The media consistently point out the OF failings rather than how good the opposition were.

The media coverage of the Sevco v H1b5 cup final - especially the piece written that every Rangers player was assaulted...

The Sun's fake pic of Rudi spitting at Lennon

The 5 way agreement

The TV deal which guaranteed 4 OF matches 

The media tend to ignore the bigotry and I have yet to hear any channel properly condemn it, or consistently bring it up in interviews.

There is absolutely no doubt that they are treated differently and favourably over other teams - Miko, Fysass, Boyds tackle on , Mcgregors challenge on Calum Elliot - there are hundreds of other examples

The media treatment of Vlad compared to that of Murray, Lawell, White, King 

The media treatment of Cathro compared to Lennon, Caixinha, Le Guen, 

The media treatment of Miko was atrocious and especially by Dick Gordon.

The referees treatment of Scot Brown was a joke, some of the things he got away with were outrageous but whenever he or his team mates were on the receiving end the opposition were lambasted - Naismith's challenge on him that was scrutinised in fine detail by the media.

The coincidence of them avoiding each other in early rounds of cups and league games.

The treatment of our demotion last year and the mocking of Budge trying to fight it whilst lying on their back getting their belly rubbed at Celtic winning their 8.7th title 

Levein's rant re the referee whilst he was at Dundee Utd.

The constant media tactics of trying to unsettle opposition players in the week running up to playing them - the latest being "Celtic should resign Craig Gordon" last week.

I could go on but I don't think there is any doubt that the Scottish footballing authorities, supported ably by the media, are only interested in 2 clubs.

This why I despise both clubs and can't stand the shite level of journalism in this country and why beating them is such a sweet thing.

Rant over  

Edited by Brick Tamland

Maroon Sailor

Luke Shanley post match interview with Ange Postecoglou

" Are you frustrated already ? You seem to be repeating yourself "

" Well you are asking me the same questions so I'm going to repeat the same answers "

🤣🤣🤣

2 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

If they were truly saying that then they would say we mugged them, which we pretty much did. Simple truth is that Celtic playing well will beat Hearts playing well 99 out of 100 times. We rely on them either not playing well or preventing them from playing well. I'm not sure that possession of 73% means we prevented Celtic playing well. Our defending was good but Celtic were pretty useless up front despite having the ball 3/4 of the match. Their shots on target was 5 to our 4...

Edited by Spellczech

Maroon Sailor
12 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

If they were truly saying that then they would say we mugged them, which we pretty much did. Simple truth is that Celtic playing well will beat Hearts playing well 99 out of 100 times. We rely on them either not playing well or preventing them from playing well. I'm not sure that possession of 73% means we prevented Celtic playing well. Our defending was good but Celtic were pretty useless up front despite having the ball 3/4 of the match. Their shots on target was 5 to our 4...

It was a good time to get them and we capitalised on it. Apart from the goal and those 2 saves in the 94th minute Gordon wasn't really tested.

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Savage Vince
11 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Definitely mugged them. There's no better way. 😊

Had a feeling we would win but did not want to post as these things come back to bite you on the bum.

Thankfully not my cheeks with teeth marks.

5 minutes ago, indianajones said:

They really are a different breed.

Cannot put into words how much i HATE that entitled bunch. Every single one of them is a ****ing arsehole. 

They get worse every year. 

CornhillHearts

A link to Aaron’s Vlog from last night, felt like a real privilege to be there and have to admit was a wee bit emotional.

I’m sure I, and many others will look back on the night with much fondness in the future.

Enjoy fellow Jambos.

Rick Sanchez

I was too caught up with yesterday to find out but where was Walker? Knock, unfit or shite? 

34 minutes ago, CornhillHearts said:

A link to Aaron’s Vlog from last night, felt like a real privilege to be there and have to admit was a wee bit emotional.

I’m sure I, and many others will look back on the night with much fondness in the future.

Enjoy fellow Jambos.

Watched this earlier. Great viewing. Very jealous of those that were there. 

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

I don't say this lightly but I have a very good feeling about this side at the moment. A very good feeling. You just know with Gordon in goals and Souttar in defence we're solid as a fu**ing rock. Added to that a strong defensive midfielder in banger then I see silverware. 

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, Smithee said:

They split in April '70. I know it's being pedantic but I physically couldn't let it slide, really sorry

That’s the 70s 🤔😂😜?

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, indianajones said:

They really are a different breed.

Cannot put into words how much i HATE that entitled bunch. Every single one of them is a ****ing arsehole. 

The hilarious thing is they don't see decisions as being for us they seem them as decisions for Rangers. 

And of course completely ignoring not only the many decisions that go their way every season (Scott brown alone probably got most of them) and the fact they were handed a title last season though a very dodgy decision, including behind the scenes shenanigans involving their CEO, that also saw us get demoted. Imagine the outcry if that had been them in our shoes?

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

That’s the 70s 🤔😂😜?

I will have to bite my tongue and accept this!

Guest ToqueJambo
4 hours ago, Spellczech said:

The game basically panned out like a lot of their games against better teams in Europe, except we did more attacking than they typically do in those games and we won.

I think they did win one when Tony Watt scored and don't they celebrate that as one of their finest ever European nights despite Barca having 89% possession?

They're either shameless hypocrites or too stupid and obsessed with their conspiracy theories to see it. I'll go with all of the above.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, CornhillHearts said:

Enjoy fellow Jambos.

Brilliant 👍🏽

John Findlay

If Celtic had won last night in the manner we did, then the Scottish media would be lauding them for a tremendous performance in defence, and being clinical in front of goal.

That is how hypocritical the Scottish media are.

So not one ounce of sympathy for either Celtic or the Scottish media.

They both got what they deserved, a Celtic defeat.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I will have to bite my tongue and accept this!

Call it a draw 😜

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

The game basically panned out like a lot of their games against better teams in Europe, except we did more attacking than they typically do in those games and we won.

I think they did win one when Tony Watt scored and don't they celebrate that as one of their finest ever European nights despite Barca having 89% possession?

They're either shameless hypocrites or too stupid and obsessed with their conspiracy theories to see it. I'll go with all of the above.

Both 

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, RENE said:

We've got to get out of this habit of sitting deep against the OF.  We were so deep at times I thought we were going to end up having 11 men on goal line.

Hopefully with this confidence boost we can press them a bit more as although Rangers had a great defensive record last season they lost a lot of goals in Europe when teams pressed them, Celtic need a better whole new defence 😆

5 hours ago, Brick Tamland said:

It typifies everything that is wrong with Scottish football.

Everything football wise in this country is set up to support the old firm, because they are the biggest clubs with the biggest support and nobody wants to upset that order. The media and the authorities don't want competition which is what every fan and club is desperate for, they want the uglies to champion the Scottish cause in Europe and don't accept that competition is a good thing in this country.

My list below, which is a long long way from being exhaustive, is pretty good evidence to that. 

In no particular order...

The uglies can play friendlies during the season and can cancel games to do so whilst other teams struggle to field a team because of illness but can't get a postponement.

No other team outwith the OF gets any level of coverage, e.g. St. Johnstone should have been back page headlines for weeks following their double but nope it was very quickly back to the arse cheeks.

The media consistently point out the OF failings rather than how good the opposition were.

The media coverage of the Sevco v H1b5 cup final - especially the piece written that every Rangers player was assaulted...

The Sun's fake pic of Rudi spitting at Lennon

The 5 way agreement

The TV deal which guaranteed 4 OF matches 

The media tend to ignore the bigotry and I have yet to hear any channel properly condemn it, or consistently bring it up in interviews.

There is absolutely no doubt that they are treated differently and favourably over other teams - Miko, Fysass, Boyds tackle on , Mcgregors challenge on Calum Elliot - there are hundreds of other examples

The media treatment of Vlad compared to that of Murray, Lawell, White, King 

The media treatment of Cathro compared to Lennon, Caixinha, Le Guen, 

The media treatment of Miko was atrocious and especially by Dick Gordon.

The referees treatment of Scot Brown was a joke, some of the things he got away with were outrageous but whenever he or his team mates were on the receiving end the opposition were lambasted - Naismith's challenge on him that was scrutinised in fine detail by the media.

The coincidence of them avoiding each other in early rounds of cups and league games.

The treatment of our demotion last year and the mocking of Budge trying to fight it whilst lying on their back getting their belly rubbed at Celtic winning their 8.7th title 

Levein's rant re the referee whilst he was at Dundee Utd.

The constant media tactics of trying to unsettle opposition players in the week running up to playing them - the latest being "Celtic should resign Craig Gordon" last week.

I could go on but I don't think there is any doubt that the Scottish footballing authorities, supported ably by the media, are only interested in 2 clubs.

This why I despise both clubs and can't stand the shite level of journalism in this country and why beating them is such a sweet thing.

Rant over  

The worst one of all is missing - that Celtic's paranoia about officials reached such a level that the referees went on strike...

Got to boo the huddle/ taking the knee/ Neilson /Madden& his huddy linesman & go mental as Hearts beat the Celtic, great to be back 👍

davemclaren
41 minutes ago, escobri said:

Got to boo the huddle/ taking the knee/ Neilson /Madden& his huddy linesman & go mental as Hearts beat the Celtic, great to be back 👍

Presumably you cheered a few things as well…

Sub4TiddlerMurray
5 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

"However, what also can’t be denied is the ridiculousness of the decision not to allow Celtic to go 2-1 ahead after Anthony Ralston had cancelled out Gary Mackay-Steven’s opener."

Simple facts:

a) you cannot score a goal after play has been stopped by the ref. Madden had already blown the whistle before 5-year-contract popped it into the net.

b) A player is in an offside position if any part of the head, body or feet is nearer to the opponents’ goal line than both the ball and the second-last opponent (hands & arms don't count). Greg Taylor's head and knee were both nearer to the goal line, ergo offside.

c) Michael Stewart does talk p!sch at times

Edited by Sub4TiddlerMurray

Hope the 8 and a half title's were worth it you horrible horrible football club, ripped the entire hole out of Scottish football to justify a title you never truly won. 

You reap what you sow who's laughing now, **** you and you're horrible animal of a football club rot in hell. 

GIRFUY and St Mirren you're wee pals along with Dundee and you're cousins Hibs i sincerely hope we give all these teams the Hot Boaby this season Gorgie Rules!!!. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Rogue Daddy
On 31/07/2021 at 17:32, Rick Sanchez said:

Can see that coming in mate!

Screenshot_20210731-172323_Sky Bet.jpg

Fecking Halliday! Cannae believe he wasn’t carded for his challenge on McGregor! 😂😂😂 cost me £90!.. and you £200! He’s off my Christmas card list!

2 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Wonder where Walker was last night?

didnt he take a sore one late on v inverness?

I'm just skipping through the full match on my Sky recording and we were pretty loud weren't we! Main stand won the singing contest from my perspective 😎

• JKBMod 3 locked this topic