why the hate get behind the team

wattie exploited

Just now, Herbert said:

So the ones that watched it and said it was the same shite as last season what about them, Are they irrelevant?

They can make an informed opinion, having actually seen it !

It was a decent performance. Do you believe me ?

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Herbert.

• frankblack

• jambopilms

• Boab

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Gambo said:

What I find totally weird is fans who go and support the team for 90mins get annihilated by the same 3 or four posters on here when they come on to a Hearts supporters forum to discuss the performances. Weird.

These 3 or 4 posters never see anything wrong in any display/result.

Weird.

These 3 or 4 posters prefer to blame the fans for Boyce starting in midfield in a game we need goals etc.

Weird.

These 3 or 4 posters don't seem to know the difference between supporting the team for 90mins then discussing the performances afterwards on a fans forum. 

Weird.

My opinion of these 3 or 4 posters is they don't hold the 3rd biggest club in Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC in very high regard, they don't seem to want the best or expect the best from our team, the bare minimum is more than acceptable to them, but hey ho we are all entitled to different opinions.

Well said Gambo 👍

1 minute ago, Boab said:

They can make an informed opinion, having actually seen it !

It was a decent performance. Do you believe me ?

Dunno you've been calling me names and I don't like you right now. Ask me in a few days when I like you again.

Might want to pose that question to Budge and her pals on the board because on the evidence every other part of the club has had there full backing 

1 minute ago, Herbert said:

Dunno you've been calling me names and I don't like you right now. Ask me in a few days when I like you again.

:sadrobbo:

Roll on Thursday !

16 minutes ago, Boab said:

Getting your information from Kickback is perilous, sadj, as we can see from this bombscare of an afternoon on social media !

Isnt it 🤣 , opinions are fine but balance id lacking in most posts

14 minutes ago, Herbert said:

I get drug tested at work so nothing gets sniffed, smoked or injected and I'm offended by the suggestion I'm on drugs.

Guilty type post imo

Just now, pointon said:

My apathy is with the club not particularly the team 

See now thats fair. I think we are all apathetic to a lot of what weve seen since at least Oct 18(?)

frasermck11

We are nowhere near ruthless enough as a club on or off the pitch. 

Yesterday being the prime example. We knew fine well before the game that we needed to score 2 goals but at no point was there any urgency or sense that we were remotely bothered. We continued the slow, methodical, boring build up until Walker came on and gave a bit of inventiveness. 

Good hearts teams of old would’ve chalked up 2 goals within the first 15 to 20 minutes. 

Instead due to naivety/arrogance/stubbornness (not sure which) we now find ourselves effectively out of one of the two trophies we could win this season before we’ve really got going. 

It’s infuriating and anyone who honestly thinks ending up with Celtic at Parkhead is a good draw needs their head examined. 

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, frasermck11 said:

Good hearts teams of old would’ve chalked up 2 goals within the first 15 to 20 minutes. 

Plenty good Hearts teams have failed to even win games like yesterday's in the LC, never mind scoring for fun in the first 20 minutes.

10 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I was in section M of the Roseburn last night,I would say apart from 1 bald guy shouting abuse at Neilson most were backing the team,however as the game grew more and more fans started to get pissed off.

The reason is the way we play,Neilson harps on about how he knows Hearts should play but his teams revert back to this ponderous,slow and laboured passing between centre backs trying to work it wide.We pass the ball to death just for the sake of it.A full Tynecastle will shred this team for playing like that.

Was in section M too and had the misfortune of listening to him also, toilets after FT and he wanders in stating "it's gonna be a long season eh lads" 🤦 most (all except 1 or 2 people) just looked at each other like "wtaf" 

Some people aren't happy unless they have something to moan about 🤷

Edited by WDJ87

8 hours ago, Gambo said:

What I find totally weird is fans who go and support the team for 90mins get annihilated by the same 3 or four posters on here when they come on to a Hearts supporters forum to discuss the performances. Weird.

These 3 or 4 posters never see anything wrong in any display/result.

Weird.

These 3 or 4 posters prefer to blame the fans for Boyce starting in midfield in a game we need goals etc.

Weird.

These 3 or 4 posters don't seem to know the difference between supporting the team for 90mins then discussing the performances afterwards on a fans forum. 

Weird.

My opinion of these 3 or 4 posters is they don't hold the 3rd biggest club in Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC in very high regard, they don't seem to want the best or expect the best from our team, the bare minimum is more than acceptable to them, but hey ho we are all entitled to different opinions.

Absolutely spot on 👏 You would think a couple of them are plants by the club to jump on any dissenting views on our coaching team. Everybody wants Hearts to succeed on here,  just a large part can’t see that happening partly due to last seasons football. 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Absolutely spot on 👏 You would think a couple of them are plants by the club to jump on any dissenting views on our coaching team. Everybody wants Hearts to succeed on here,  just a large part can’t see that happening partly due to last seasons football. 

Which is weird because experience should tell you football doesn't work like that, especially with Hearts. No-one predicted the start we made to 18/19 after the way the previous season had gone, for example. Hearts history is littered with good seasons (sometimes amazing seasons) following bad ones, and vice versa. Often under the same managers and with mostly the same team.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Which is weird because experience should tell you football doesn't work like that, especially with Hearts. No-one predicted the start we made to 18/19 after the way the previous season had gone, for example.

We shall see very shortly when we move up to play better teams. I’ll always want Hearts to win,  and that won’t change just to prove a point.  I just don’t think our coach is the man to take us forward and reach our potential. The annoying thing is we’ve never been in better shape out with the first team. It’s all set up to move forward. 

24 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Plants, happy clappers, etc. :rofl:

Maybe its simply other posters are fed up with the incessant negative drivel from a core group of posters, who always want to put the club down?

5 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Plants, happy clappers, etc. :rofl:

Maybe its simply other posters are fed up with the incessant negative drivel from a core group of posters, who always want to put the club down?

Glad that cheered you up 👍 

if you don’t like some peoples views put them on ignore. It’s a forum to discuss Hearts (good & bad) 

Just now, stevie1874 said:

Glad that cheered you up 👍 

if you don’t like some peoples views put them on ignore. It’s a forum to discuss Hearts (good & bad) 

You are the one accusing people of being club plants, and now you are saying its a forum to discuss Hearts (good and bad) but as long as people don't disagree with you?

:conspiracy:

3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

You are the one accusing people of being club plants, and now you are saying its a forum to discuss Hearts (good and bad) but as long as people don't disagree with you?

:conspiracy:

I said you would think they are plants, mainly due to everything is always rosy in the garden comments. Plenty people I should imagine disagree with things I post 🤷‍♂️ Just my opinions. No point in letting other peoples opinions get to you. 

been here before

kinguber and dusk_til_dawn have their posts all typed up and prepared to go after every game regardless of the result or petformance.

Same shit on each and every thread. Relentless. Sitting there hoping for a defeat every game, we fingers and toes crossed. 

Youd think the two of them could hook up and work on each others frustrations together.

Its beyong me why anyone even replies to their pish. They've just become funny parodies of themselves and each other.

Edited by been here before

1 hour ago, pointon said:

My apathy is with the club not particularly the team 

What is it you want from the club if it's not winning games?

20 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

really so much hate on here 

its a new season so lets get behind the team and Robbie he is the manager and doing his best so instead of slagging him off lets see how we do after our first 10 games starting next week .:rifle:

recruitment yes we all know we need 3 to 4 new signing but its better to get quality over the 99 waste of space mostly that we have had over the last 5 years !

last year it wasn't great to watch but we got back up so lets be positive its a new day and a new start so lets give the team all the support and feel good factor to help them when we are allowed back in the ground in numbers 

Its got be to better than the last 4 years so lets look forward together hearts are a great force come on the jambos :rifle:

Nice one Wattie , your starting to come across as a bit of a wordsmith ,I definitely agree with all of the above 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻.    👏🏻

gorgie rd eh11

2 hours ago, stevie1874 said:

🙃 Aye not whining like a wee lassie must make someone a plant.

22 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

🙃 Aye not whining like a wee lassie must make someone a plant.

Never said they were a plant and some do a lot of whining 😁👍

The Mighty Thor

The time for talk is over and the time for the proper football is almost here.

We've got the infrastructure right off the pitch now apparently. The football department is exactly how we want it.

The fans have responded by buying season tickets in incredible numbers considering and the replica kit is flying out the door.

So i'd suggest that there's no hating going on, the fans are right behind the team and the football club. 

Now it's all down to Bob. It's Bob's team, a full pre-season under their belt, a full summer of working with the same players as last season (with the addition of Cochrane), working on his formations and his tactics, working on their physical conditioning and preparing for this Saturday and the start of the season proper so we can come out and hit our target for the season, whatever that may be.

No more excuses, no more playing against posties and plumbers, it's football against guys that do it for a living now. 

Over to you Bob. 

Niemi’s gloves

Two thoughts following from this: 

Firstly, will people accept that with the existing squad, top 6 is a reasonably demanding target for a newly promoted team or will they continue to set the bar higher so they can claim that Robbie has failed?

Secondly, responsibility has been blurred by the appointment of Joe Savage. Robbie has indicated he wanted to work with a tighter squad but he did want reinforcement in some positions. If this doesn’t happen, whose fault is it and should Robbie take all the flak?

36 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

We've got the infrastructure right off the pitch now apparently. The football department is exactly how we want it.

The fans have responded by buying season tickets in incredible numbers considering and the replica kit is flying out the door.

So i'd suggest that there's no hating going on, the fans are right behind the team and the football club. 

Now it's all down to Bob. It's Bob's team, a full pre-season under their belt, a full summer of working with the same players as last season (with the addition of Cochrane), working on his formations and his tactics, working on their physical conditioning and preparing for this Saturday and the start of the season proper so we can come out and hit our target for the season, whatever that may be.

No more excuses, no more playing against posties and plumbers, it's football against guys that do it for a living now. 

Over to you Bob. 

2 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Over to you Bob. 

Good post, God of Thunder, but wait until the first defeat on here !

C5092A8B-DAB4-4E17-BB1A-5CC7930E098A.jpeg

Auld Reekin'
3 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Over to you Bob. 

Excellent post.

2 hours ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Firstly, will people accept that with the existing squad, top 6 is a reasonably demanding target for a newly promoted team or will they continue to set the bar higher so they can claim that Robbie has failed?

Secondly, responsibility has been blurred by the appointment of Joe Savage. Robbie has indicated he wanted to work with a tighter squad but he did want reinforcement in some positions. If this doesn’t happen, whose fault is it and should Robbie take all the flak?

Firstly... this person would certainly accept that a top 6 place is a "reasonably demanding" target with the existing squad, manager, and coaching staff. (Possibly even too demanding, in our current circumstances. :ermm:  )

Secondly... if the required recruitment doesn't happen then we'll probably never actually know whose fault this was. I'd be inclined to level blame at Savage and the other staff recently recruited to bring in the right personnel to the club, rather than the manager. If we make signings in the required positions and they turn out to be shite, then all involved in their recruitment should rightfully be judged as at fault, very much including "Bob" as  - presumably - he will still have the final say as to who comes in and who departs.

3 hours ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Outside of Rangers and Celtic their is not much between all the other teams.  This top 6 is demanding of a newly promoted team is nonsense imo. We’ve current and past internationalist in our squad and should we add a couple more I’d expect to be fighting out with Aberdeen, Hibs & possibly St Johnstone for 3rd. As someone else said no excuses this season the preparation has been good. It’s now over to the team to deliver. 👍

20 hours ago, frasermck11 said:

Yesterday being the prime example. We knew fine well before the game that we needed to score 2 goals but at no point was there any urgency or sense that we were remotely bothered. We continued the slow, methodical, boring build up until Walker came on and gave a bit of inventiveness. 

Instead due to naivety/arrogance/stubbornness (not sure which) we now find ourselves effectively out of one of the two trophies we could win this season before we’ve really got going. 

It’s infuriating and anyone who honestly thinks ending up with Celtic at Parkhead is a good draw needs their head examined. 

There's good manager's that can get the best out of their squad and there's mediocre, we have the latter, I don't think for one min there's a single player that's playing for Neilson, and that is the problem. 

Niemi’s gloves
45 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Outside of Rangers and Celtic their is not much between all the other teams.  This top 6 is demanding of a newly promoted team is nonsense imo. We’ve current and past internationalist in our squad and should we add a couple more I’d expect to be fighting out with Aberdeen, Hibs & possibly St Johnstone for 3rd. As someone else said no excuses this season the preparation has been good. It’s now over to the team to deliver. 👍

So basically you’re in the “set the bar as high as possible and then claim that the manager/players/club has failed” camp. Personally I prefer to see realistic targets and hope to be surprised on the upside by the outcomes. And no, that is not accepting mediocrity. 

The Mighty Thor
3 hours ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

My View is this;

This is Bob's squad so the targets agreed by the football department should be in line with the squad and the aspirations of the club and the fans. My opinion is we should be a top 4 football club in Scotland. Otherwise we are not getting the bang for our considerable buck.

Responsibility and accountability is clear to me. We've got a much vaunted 'football department' that we were keen to set up and get the individuals in place so now that's been achieved then there's no more excuses for under-performance. They deliver or they're emptied.

The problem, and it's where the current I'll feeling stems from, is that every year for the last 5 or 6 the excuse for underperformance changes. Levein, Cathro, Stendel, lack of pre-season, short season, and all manner of nonsense in-between. 

So for me it's new season, fresh start and let them all, players included, be judged on the football results and if they aren't performing then it's thanks very much, see ya. 

The issue of the management of the parent company is a whole different conversation but the culture of mis-management and underperformance seems to run through the whole organisation.  

4 hours ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

I think that top 6 is a reasonably challenging target. I hope (and expect) to achieve top 4, but accept it won't be easy. On the second point, fault is, to me, irrelevant. The question is "who is responsible?". To me the buck should stop with the Sporting Director, but when? I think we all have to accept that we are in the midst of very difficult times with extraordinary challenges facing most, if not all clubs, in many areas. We need to be patient. 

1 minute ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

So basically you’re in the “set the bar as high as possible and then claim that the manager/players/club has failed” camp. Personally I prefer to see realistic targets and hope to be surprised on the upside by the outcomes. And no, that is not accepting mediocrity. 

If I was setting the bar as high as possible I’d say let’s win the league but realise that’s a pipe dream due to finance etc. I look at Hearts as the 3rd biggest team in Scotland, as I’ve said before everything is great about our club apart from  the first team. Stadium built which will generate our biggest turnover, debt free once Mrs Budge paid back and a constant stream of extra funding over our rivals due to FOH. We have to move on from 5 year plans and setting easy targets. Top 6 should always be a given at Hearts and if we don’t achieve it then the people running the football dept have serious questions to answer. 

4 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

My View is this;

This is Bob's squad so the targets agreed by the football department should be in line with the squad and the aspirations of the club and the fans. My opinion is we should be a top 4 football club in Scotland. Otherwise we are not getting the bang for our considerable buck.

Responsibility and accountability is clear to me. We've got a much vaunted 'football department' that we were keen to set up and get the individuals in place so now that's been achieved then there's no more excuses for under-performance. They deliver or they're emptied.

The problem, and it's where the current I'll feeling stems from, is that every year for the last 5 or 6 the excuse for underperformance changes. Levein, Cathro, Stendel, lack of pre-season, short season, and all manner of nonsense in-between. 

So for me it's new season, fresh start and let them all, players included, be judged on the football results and if they aren't performing then it's thanks very much, see ya. 

The issue of the management of the parent company is a whole different conversation but the culture of mis-management and underperformance seems to run through the whole organisation.  

👏👏

Niemi’s gloves
10 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

My View is this;

I agree we should be a top 4 football club in Scotland and believe we are on course for that, possibly this season if we can make 2-3 good signings, failing that in 2022-23 and subsequent years. But for me, continuity and evolution, including bringing through young players, are important. Finishing 6th this season would not be failure if it is clear that we are moving forward on the park as well as behind the scenes. 

Independence
On 25/07/2021 at 23:57, wattie exploited said:

its a new season so lets get behind the team and Robbie he is the manager and doing his best so instead of slagging him off lets see how we do after our first 10 games starting next week .:rifle:

recruitment yes we all know we need 3 to 4 new signing but its better to get quality over the 99 waste of space mostly that we have had over the last 5 years !

last year it wasn't great to watch but we got back up so lets be positive its a new day and a new start so lets give the team all the support and feel good factor to help them when we are allowed back in the ground in numbers 

Its got be to better than the last 4 years so lets look forward together hearts are a great force come on the jambos :rifle:

Keyboard warriors and H1b5.

Niemi’s gloves
16 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

If I was setting the bar as high as possible I’d say let’s win the league but realise that’s a pipe dream due to finance etc. I look at Hearts as the 3rd biggest team in Scotland, as I’ve said before everything is great about our club apart from  the first team. Stadium built which will generate our biggest turnover, debt free once Mrs Budge paid back and a constant stream of extra funding over our rivals due to FOH. We have to move on from 5 year plans and setting easy targets. Top 6 should always be a given at Hearts and if we don’t achieve it then the people running the football dept have serious questions to answer. 

Ok perhaps we are not too far apart. For me, top 6 should be a given under normal circumstances. However for this season to me it’s a reasonable as a minimum target, with the hope of doing better and the expectation of progressing further in subsequent years.

RasberryJam

I think 3rd should be the minimum goal this season. We have the foundations of a very decent side. As others have mentioned, 2-3 good additions and we can most definitely compete for those European spots + reach a cup semi final/final.

St Johnstone look set to lose McCann, Rooney, Kerr and McCart this window. 4 key players that they will struggle to replace given their resources. Middleton, whose loan has already ended with them, looks set to sign for St Mirren. St Johnstone are going to struggle to replicate last seasons accomplishments.

Hibs will have to sell 2 or 3 of Doig, Nisbett, Porteous and/or Boyle (500k minimum release clause). They are a decent side but I actually believe we are just a couple of signings (this window) away from overhauling them for third.

As for Aberdeen, I think they are about to set off back into the banter years and fully expect them to scrap a 6th place finish this season. They'll be slugging it out with St Mirren, Motherwell and St Johnstone. And in truth, Aberdeen realistically should always be finishing around 8th to 5th with the occasional one off season push for 4th place.

I think it'll be a straight battle for third between ourselves and Hibs. Dare I say it, I think we'll finish 3rd and reach a cup final. 4th spot at a minimum.

Edited by RasberryJam

1 hour ago, RasberryJam said:

I think 3rd should be the minimum goal this season. We have the foundations of a very decent side. As others have mentioned, 2-3 good additions and we can most definitely compete for those European spots + reach a cup semi final/final.

St Johnstone look set to lose McCann, Rooney, Kerr and McCart this window. 4 key players that they will struggle to replace given their resources. Middleton, whose loan has already ended with them, looks set to sign for St Mirren. St Johnstone are going to struggle to replicate last seasons accomplishments.

Hibs will have to sell 2 or 3 of Doig, Nisbett, Porteous and/or Boyle (500k minimum release clause). They are a decent side but I actually believe we are just a couple of signings (this window) away from overhauling them for third.

As for Aberdeen, I think they are about to set off back into the banter years and fully expect them to scrap a 6th place finish this season. They'll be slugging it out with St Mirren, Motherwell and St Johnstone. And in truth, Aberdeen realistically should always be finishing around 8th to 5th with the occasional one off season push for 4th place.

I think it'll be a straight battle for third between ourselves and Hibs. Dare I say it, I think we'll finish 3rd and reach a cup final. 4th spot at a minimum.

Jam tomorrow! 🤣

ford donald
On 26/07/2021 at 17:43, frasermck11 said:

Can't argue with your verdict, in the cups the old firm away is the draw you don't want,unless your name is RN.

Auld Reekin'
3 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

My View is this;

Another spot-on post.   :icon14:

wattie exploited
7 hours ago, Independence said:

Keyboard warriors and H1b5.

seems you could be right on here I can think off  a couple but they are best left on ignore :rifle:

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
On 25/07/2021 at 23:57, wattie exploited said:

Nothing but love for the jts man. 

I for one like style king. He has his detractors but I like him he has a presence about him and his results stats are impressive as hearts manager irrseoctive of what people say. 

Only neg for me this pre season is could be more signings and the home jersey is shite. Proper banger 3rd kit. If the away kit is good it bodes well and finlay pollock looks a top prospect. 

Kirky Jambo
14 hours ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Is this a serious post?

How bad have things become when a hearts fan genuinely declares a top 6 finish to be a “demanding target” 😔 

Niemi’s gloves
9 hours ago, everton_jambo said:

Is this a serious post?

How bad have things become when a hearts fan genuinely declares a top 6 finish to be a “demanding target” 😔 

I said “reasonably demanding target” and I said “with the existing squad”. I would hope to finish higher particularly if we make 2 or 3 good signings. I have also made it clear in subsequent posts - you don’t have to go back far to find them - that I regard regular top 4 as what we should be looking for in the medium term and think it is what we are on target for in 22/23 and subsequent years, given the structures we are putting in place. 

Perhaps the problem is with what different people mean by a “target”. If it’s something you would like  or hope to achieve, then ok top 6 this year isn’t ambitious. If it’s a minimum acceptable level, then top 6 is right for this season. The issue is about what folk deem to be “failure”. Some people clearly want Robbie out come what may and thus constantly try to set the bar high.  (On page three of this thread you’ll find a poster who says he hopes we will be papped every game until “Nheilson” is launched, although he later claimed that because he is a PHM this shouldn’t be taken as applying to Hibs or Celtic games.) For me, the key is to avoid a return to an unnecessary revolving door of managers and players; and to build a stable squad worthy of our club. That requires both ambition and realism. 

Governor Tarkin
On 27/07/2021 at 09:39, The Mighty Thor said:

Over to you Bob. 

:greatpost:

colinmaroon
On 26/07/2021 at 00:09, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Convinced there's quite a few hobos on here ! 

A FEW???

Hoaching!!

Kirky Jambo
9 hours ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

I said “reasonably demanding target” and I said “with the existing squad”. I would hope to finish higher particularly if we make 2 or 3 good signings. I have also made it clear in subsequent posts - you don’t have to go back far to find them - that I regard regular top 4 as what we should be looking for in the medium term and think it is what we are on target for in 22/23 and subsequent years, given the structures we are putting in place. 

Perhaps the problem is with what different people mean by a “target”. If it’s something you would like  or hope to achieve, then ok top 6 this year isn’t ambitious. If it’s a minimum acceptable level, then top 6 is right for this season. The issue is about what folk deem to be “failure”. Some people clearly want Robbie out come what may and thus constantly try to set the bar high.  (On page three of this thread you’ll find a poster who says he hopes we will be papped every game until “Nheilson” is launched, although he later claimed that because he is a PHM this shouldn’t be taken as applying to Hibs or Celtic games.) For me, the key is to avoid a return to an unnecessary revolving door of managers and players; and to build a stable squad worthy of our club. That requires both ambition and realism. 

Yeah sorry mate I hadn’t properly read the context, all of that is fair.

For me a target is an objective to aspire to rather than the minimum acceptable outcome, but you’re right its a grey area

My annoyance comes from this:

You get the bus to work, the bus company are great, the bus is a beauty, the company runs very well, the fare very reasonable, total model set up, the fellow passengers are great people and we all get on well.

The driver is hopeless, we’re all late for work most days, the day we make it on time is a total fluke and when that happens the driver talks as if he’s a legend.

I want a new driver. The bus company deserve a new driver.

(Totally aware this will piss people off but it’s just how I feel about it all).