why the hate get behind the team

wattie exploited

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Deevers said:

We made plenty of chances last night. A combination of good goal keeping and poor finishing stopped us racking up a good score last night. We are crying out for penalty box finisher. The management team must see this.  Every match played in the this completion should have been won by more than the results final scores showed. 

Tbf, in order to give Gnando a run out he played Boyce behind him. 

So Robbie takes that on the chin 

This should not happen in any league game. 

Hopefully we have a brand, spanking new attacking midfielder in soon to make that need redundant anyway. 

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Herbert.

• frankblack

• jambopilms

• Boab

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Tbf, in order to give Gnando a run out he played Boyce behind him. 

So Robbie takes that on the chin 

This should not happen in any league game. 

Hopefully we have a brand, spanking new attacking midfielder in soon to make that need redundant anyway. 

What’s done is done. I’ve no doubt Gnando needed the match practice with the league games about to start. We need to be at our very best on Saturday  -  Celtic are no world beaters and actually look to have regressed.  A couple of decent signings will make all the difference to us. Hopefully that’s on the near horizon now.

8 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Nailed it. Totally weird

What I find totally weird is fans who go and support the team for 90mins get annihilated by the same 3 or four posters on here when they come on to a Hearts supporters forum to discuss the performances. Weird.

These 3 or 4 posters never see anything wrong in any display/result.

Weird.

These 3 or 4 posters prefer to blame the fans for Boyce starting in midfield in a game we need goals etc.

Weird.

These 3 or 4 posters don't seem to know the difference between supporting the team for 90mins then discussing the performances afterwards on a fans forum. 

Weird.

My opinion of these 3 or 4 posters is they don't hold the 3rd biggest club in Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC in very high regard, they don't seem to want the best or expect the best from our team, the bare minimum is more than acceptable to them, but hey ho we are all entitled to different opinions.

We've toiled badly in these games in recent years (as have a few other premier league sides) so to win 4 out of 4 and still have folk moaning is baffling. The only reason we got done with the goal difference is the stupid covid rules. Let's get behind the team and see what happens. We would more than likely need to beat Celtic or Rangers anyway to win the cup so might as well do it in the next round. They are no world beaters either so really not the worst time to be playing them. 

I don’t think it’s a Hearts issue or a football fan related issue in general. There’s just some people in life that would much rather focus on the negatives. I’m sure there will be a name for this particular personality disorder.

These are the posters (we all know exactly the ones I’m talking about) that don’t log on after a win or good performance but at the slightest hint of anything not so good will be on here pronto, pants round the ankles with a massive grin on their face. 

On this occasion, we’ve won all our games, conceded 0, created a multitude of chances and played some decent stuff going forward. Craig Gordon hasn’t conceded in 11 games. But because teams got handed 3-0 wins and we never scored another goal it’s all hands on deck for the half-wits. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

The club make it hard to be enthusiastic. Anyone who disputes that has either been asleep for four years or is deliberately trying to deflect.

If Hibs had followed our path recently, we’d be taking the piss out of them and their owner (even more than we do anyway). That’s a fact.

9 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

7 years of utter tripe and a shit load of money pumped in. 

There's the simple answer, it's actually a lot worse than that. 

Totally. The mis-management of the club has taken its toll on quite a few die-hard supporters, and I include myself in that. Myself, along with family members and pals don't even get excited when Hearts are playing anymore. That doesn't mean we don't care or want the team to win, of course we do, but apathy has set in and it's deep rooted. We don't have an identity anymore and that's what needs to change (for me) to get some fans back on side.

37 years I've supported Hearts and in those years we've always had the tag as being a big, physical shitehouse side who every **** hates playing against. Teams were terrified playing at Tynecastle because the poisonous atmosphere and the way the team went about its business - I don't condone violence, by the way. Now, imo, we are a soft touch to the core, nicey, nicey,  who's fans are put on the naughty step every time they try to create an atmosphere. 

Having said all that 🤣 I don't know if I'm feeling this way because I haven't stepped foot inside Tynecastle in ages.

I felt Gnando was unlucky not to score. Boyce set up Walker for the goal.  We had about 20 shots on goal.  Find it hard to blame the tactics/formation.

Niemi’s gloves
10 minutes ago, Gambo said:

What I find totally weird is fans who go and support the team for 90mins get annihilated by the same 3 or four posters on here when they come on to a Hearts supporters forum to discuss the performances. Weird.

Weird.

These 3 or 4 posters prefer to blame the fans for Boyce starting in midfield in a game we need goals etc.

Weird.

These 3 or 4 posters don't seem to know the difference between supporting the team for 90mins then discussing the performances afterwards on a fans forum. 

Weird.

My opinion of these 3 or 4 posters is they don't hold the 3rd biggest club in Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC in very high regard, they don't seem to want the best or expect the best from our team, the bare minimum is more than acceptable to them, but hey ho we are all entitled to different opinions.

I don’t think that really stands up to scrutiny. The odd thing after yesterday’s match was the complete lack of the usual threads discussing individual performances - good or bad - and the fact that one well known negative poster saw fit to start a deliberately and provocatively anti-Neilson thread at the first opportunity. Is it really wrong if people call out that sort of crass negativity?

Gordon Ramsay

We got through the group easily, played some decent stuff going forward and didn't concede. 

Still think the urgency and application isn't up to scratch at times, very disappointing to end up unseeded. 

We desperately need some players in if we are going to be competing at the top end of the league. We aren't strong enough, especially midfield and at the back. I think Celtic will exploit that on Saturday. 

Biffa Bacon
9 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Tonight the masks slipped for some who are clearly champing at the bit to stick the knives into Robbie at the earliest opportunity in a bid to engineer a crisis that doesn't exist.

They have zero interest in getting behind the team, they're more interested in things going sour so they can force a sacking. It's almost like they thrive on perpetual crisis. 

Agreed, and if it isn't Robbie it will revert to someone else. There is a continual scapegoat(s), it was Levien, Budge who's is next after Neilson moves on? It seems everyone loves Savage (although it is not clear what he has contributed to date) and there is a big hate for Robbie according to what we read on here. Will he be the next target?

If some fans are really screwed up, and full of hatred for Hearts, perhaps another pastime is the answer. 

10 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

The club make it hard to be enthusiastic. Anyone who disputes that has either been asleep for four years or is deliberately trying to deflect.

If Hibs had followed our path recently, we’d be taking the piss out of them and their owner (even more than we do anyway). That’s a fact.

Nothing will make some happy until Nielson leaves though. What more can the club do apart from win games comfortably ? What's the point in moaning about last season when it is long gone ?

11 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

I felt Gnando was unlucky not to score. Boyce set up Walker for the goal.  We had about 20 shots on goal.  Find it hard to blame the tactics/formation.

On another night we would have won by four or five. Bad luck and great goalkeeping kept the score down.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Nothing will make some happy until Nielson leaves though. What more can the club do apart from win games comfortably ? What's the point in moaning about last season when it is long gone ?

Because there’s a bigger picture of incompetence which has been damaging us for a while. And as it’s gone on, a lot of people on here keep telling those of us who complain to forget about the errors and move on. The product of that is constant mediocrity, much of which goes unchallenged precisely because so many supporters tolerate it. 

John Findlay
1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Because there’s a bigger picture of incompetence which has been damaging us for a while. And as it’s gone on, a lot of people on here keep telling those of us who complain to forget about the errors and move on. The product of that is constant mediocrity, much of which goes unchallenged precisely because so many supporters tolerate it. 

How many times have you challenged the club directly? Oh that's right, none you are far to busy in your very important job. It's far easier to bumph your gums on a social media site.

The only person still at the club from those mistakes is Budge, who will move when the FOH transfer happens post covid.  While Budge made some mistakes she also had a number of successes off the park in running the business side, however I guess you don't care about how the club is run.

The rest of your grudge is about something that is history and either back the team or go find something else to do with your time.  The team is moving on regardless of what you think.

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

You think anybody need reminding of the bad times of the last few years ? We all get it. If you think that the reason for mediocrity (KB bingo) is because not everyone complains you are crazy. Your moaning achieves nothing. Booing loudly achieves nothing. We never got relegated because there wasn't enough negative posts on the internet.

2 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

The point is we just seem to be continually kicking the can down the road so the point of moaning about last season is that it's likely to be exactly the same this season. As Einstein said, the definition of madness is doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting different results. 

I'm neither a happy clapper nor in the phoodle out camp. I'm absolutely ecstatic if Hearts score / win but I could just about greet when I think of the lack of leadership, money pissed up a wall over the last seven years and the state of the team.

We have zero ambition as a football club and no-one is taking accountability for the utter dross we've been watching. 

I really, really want Robbie to succeed but I honestly think he's not up to the job and we're just wasting more time and money by not taking action when we should have. 

Wanting him out had nothing to do with Brora for me (although no Hearts manager should survive a result like that) but more to do with the general play and lack of tactical ability. 

Which is all valid if we didn't win the league at a canter and we weren't on a decent spell of results. The angry reaction to winning a match is crazy. Massive failure was stated by someone after last night's win. We aren't even a support who sing when they are winning anymore, sing when we are winning by a few goals but only if it's really entertaining. Folks bitterness towards Neilson has blinded what's actually going on in front of them, decent results.

What Neilson has done is steady the ship. A ship that was sinking, full of players who couldnt give a shit or buy a win. I thought we might have struggled for promotion before last season but we won at a canter. A lot of it wasn't pretty but it was a lot better than we had seen the previous two years. This season seems to be going better again. Many on here don't want to see us win under Neilson because of their hatred of him and this place has more negative feeling now  than when we were bottom of the league with a handful of wins in 18 months.

bigsuperslim1874
10 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Tonight the masks slipped for some who are clearly champing at the bit to stick the knives into Robbie at the earliest opportunity in a bid to engineer a crisis that doesn't exist.

They have zero interest in getting behind the team, they're more interested in things going sour so they can force a sacking. It's almost like they thrive on perpetual crisis. 

:spoton:

It utterly tiring. Folk have a right to complain etc absolutely but there are folk on here who just have an agenda and like the ‘sound of their own voice’ - they are absolutely incessant.

Surely to **** we all want the team to succeed? There were some utter horror results and performances last season - no doubts. Let’s at least try and support the team - utterly ridiculous we are having to have this conversation before a league game has been played. :facepalm:

Edited by bigsuperslim1874

3 hours ago, Baxfee said:

Yip, most of my pals don’t read JKB as they just think the comments by some are vile. Have to agree that there’s about 10 idiots who go on and on. Very tedious and usually wrong and sum up all that’s wrong with social media 

I agree, I think the ignore function isn’t blocking mentions, so end up seeing same old bile when posters reply to the brothers Grimm. It’s exactly the same points repeated thousands of times, very dull if nothing else.  

Would like better filtering to ignore entirely certain posters.  Can we ignore threads based on poster starting them?

Edited by naeclue

Ainsley Harriott
22 minutes ago, jimbojambo said:

I have yet to have an answer from anyone in the Neilson out camp who they would bring in as the new manager?

Alex Neil 

Supporting Hearts has never really been easy but it’s the love for the club that keeps us going.

We are not Bayern Munich we will never be like that.

Over the years the moaning brigade has got worse and possibly look to often to see what’s happening over at ER. Aye ok that lot are playing in Europe and they beat Arsenal in a friendly. Who give a ****.
Everyone has a right to their own opinion but I wonder why some of them go along.

Maybe they’re like this in every day life.

Please give it a rest Victor Meldrew Hearts Supporters Club.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
31 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

You think anybody need reminding of the bad times of the last few years ? We all get it. If you think that the reason for mediocrity (KB bingo) is because not everyone complains you are crazy. Your moaning achieves nothing. Booing loudly achieves nothing. We never got relegated because there wasn't enough negative posts on the internet.

Nor have the positive posts helped to achieve anything. If anything, they’ve looked more and more clueless as time has gone on.

The mods should probably purge my account because I’m wildly at odds with a percentage on here. Admin are very pro Budge anyway.

AC Mallin_51

It was disappointing not to get a seeded place. However that’s certainly not fully down to Robbie. 4 out of 4 wins without a goal conceded. 2 of the seeded teams awarded 3-0 wins isn’t Robbies fault. For an extra bit of bad luck if it wasn’t for the extra European spot we’d have been seeded. Been the best 4 winners every year until now 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
37 minutes ago, frankblack said:

The only person still at the club from those mistakes is Budge, who will move when the FOH transfer happens post covid.  While Budge made some mistakes she also had a number of successes off the park in running the business side, however I guess you don't care about how the club is run.

The rest of your grudge is about something that is history and either back the team or go find something else to do with your time.  The team is moving on regardless of what you think.

We’ve wasted loads of money on her watch. As for the team “moving on”, your posting history suggests an inability to know a good team when you see one.

We’ve wasted loads of money on her watch. As for the team “moving on”, your posting history suggests an inability to know a good team when you see one.

Ah, the money wasted line from the tried and trusted cliches in the Neilson Out thread.  How original, and utterly irrelevant to this season.

Playing the man with your second sentence just makes look look sad and desperate.

4 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Nor have the positive posts helped to achieve anything. If anything, they’ve looked more and more clueless as time has gone on.

The mods should probably purge my account because I’m wildly at odds with a percentage on here. Admin are very pro Budge anyway.

I wish the mods would take some control over this place. If an outsider looked at our results and then at this forum, they wouldn't think it was a place for Hearts fans.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, frankblack said:

Ah, the money wasted line from the tried and trusted cliches in the Neilson Out thread.  How original, and utterly irrelevant to this season.

Playing the man with your second sentence just makes look look sad and desperate.

You were the one talking about Budge’s off field successes. Either she’s been good value for money or she hasn’t.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, jambopilms said:

I wish the mods would take some control over this place. If an outsider looked at our results and then at this forum, they wouldn't think it was a place for Hearts fans.

Ask them to expel me and others who are critical. Go for purity.

It is hard to argue in favour of the withdrawal of your main goalscorer in a match where goals are required.  Park that alongside experimenting in a cup tie vs Brora Rangers.

3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

You were the one talking about Budge’s off field successes. Either she’s been good value for money or she hasn’t.

Have a look at the turnover pre-Covid compared to when she took over. 👍

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Have a look at the turnover pre-Covid compared to when she took over. 👍

I get that we’re commercially stronger, set against the lowest of low bars which a lad created.

She’s also had millions of supporter donations. That versus the performance of the team is a poor result 

I get that we’re commercially stronger, set against the lowest of low bars which a lad created.

She’s also had millions of supporter donations. That versus the performance of the team is a poor result 

She doesn't manage the team, she provides funds for the managers to recruit players.  Any wastage was on them, or a lack of having the right scouting people in place, which we have since recruited for.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

She doesn't manage the team, she provides funds for the managers to recruit players.  Any wastage was on them, or a lack of having the right scouting people in place, which we have since recruited for.

It’s ultimately her judgement in appointing people and her responsibility.

Hagar the Horrible

Robbies stats are up there with the best. The performance was as dull as dish water but 4 wins and we conceded zero goals. It was clear we did not know we needed a second goal. But thats a club failing. However the good news is everybody apart from hibs. Aberdeen and Sevco have gone backwards. But nobody is going to be running scared of us. And any Club who smells blood will know we will turn against him. Robbie should have gone after Brora. But this is going to be another write off season. We will be looking for a new manager by Christmas. Sorry robbie fans its with 20/20 foresight that this is not gping to end well

2 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Robbies stats are up there with the best. The performance was as dull as dish water but 4 wins and we conceded zero goals. It was clear we did not know we needed a second goal. But thats a club failing. However the good news is everybody apart from hibs. Aberdeen and Sevco have gone backwards. But nobody is going to be running scared of us. And any Club who smells blood will know we will turn against him. Robbie should have gone after Brora. But this is going to be another write off season. We will be looking for a new manager by Christmas. Sorry robbie fans its with 20/20 foresight that this is not gping to end well

Its Robbie's fault the players had 21 shots and only scored 1 goal. :rofl:

giphy.gif

Edited by frankblack

7 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

She is going in the near future, so what exactly do you think you are going to achieve bumping your gums?

I’ll get behind any Hearts team and have done for 60 + years. I will complain and point out the obvious when I see glaring faults in the team and/or management. We needed two goals yesterday but we failed. It was only in the last twenty minutes we seemed to switch on principally when Walker came on but the team selection and setup was baffling. That is down to one man, Neilson.

Hagar the Horrible

Its Robbie's fault the players had 21 shots and only scored 1 goal. :rofl:

giphy.gif

Yeah if they were any good they would have scored one more

Niemi’s gloves
5 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

It is hard to argue in favour of the withdrawal of your main goalscorer in a match where goals are required.  Park that alongside experimenting in a cup tie vs Brora Rangers.

That second sentence is a new one, at least to me. Surely you don’t think the absence of Craig Gordon and Michael Smith was some sort of experiment?

Yesterday RN took a risk in leaving out Souttar and having to re-jig the formation as a result; but it was a risk most fans surely agreed with to maximise the chances that he is fully fit for the opening league game. Playing Boyce deeper to accommodate Gnanduillet (and thus have both our main strikers on the park) was also a risk, one that seems not to have worked out. Disappointing but not a major tragedy.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
6 minutes ago, frankblack said:

She is going in the near future, so what exactly do you think you are going to achieve bumping your gums?

Am I right or not?

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

35 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

33 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

28 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

27 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Ask them to expel me and others who are critical. Go for purity.

18 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

15 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Am I right or not?

1 page. 1 page.

This place is totally poisonous and not worthy of the club or it's supporters.

3 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

That second sentence is a new one, at least to me. Surely you don’t think the absence of Craig Gordon and Michael Smith was some sort of experiment?

Yesterday RN took a risk in leaving out Souttar and having to re-jig the formation as a result; but it was a risk most fans surely agreed with to maximise the chances that he is fully fit for the opening league game. Playing Boyce deeper to accommodate Gnanduillet (and thus have both our main strikers on the park) was also a risk, one that seems not to have worked out. Disappointing but not a major tragedy.

Could robbie not have played Boyce up beside Gnando? I know it's a outrageous idea of playing 2 strikers beside each other but I recon it could catch on.

Jeffros Furios
1 hour ago, Gambo said:

Weird.

Weird.

Weird.

Excellent post .

1 hour ago, Gambo said:

Weird.

Weird.

Weird.

:spoton: 

3 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I was in section M of the Roseburn last night,I would say apart from 1 bald guy shouting abuse at Neilson most were backing the team,however as the game grew more and more fans started to get pissed off.

The reason is the way we play,Neilson harps on about how he knows Hearts should play but his teams revert back to this ponderous,slow and laboured passing between centre backs trying to work it wide.We pass the ball to death just for the sake of it.A full Tynecastle will shred this team for playing like that.

Was wondering. Heard a few boos on telly but you’re never sure where they’re aimed unless you’re  there.

Im not a massive RN fan but we created enough chances yesterday to be out of sight. Can’t blame him for them not becoming goals.

We need new players. Even one quality centre mid who can receive the ball, turn and get forward would make a huge difference. Boyce playing there yesterday was a waste.

I also thought Gino was as poor as I’ve seen him and GMS flitted in and out of the game

Niemi’s gloves
4 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Could robbie not have played Boyce up beside Gnando? I know it's a outrageous idea of playing 2 strikers beside each other but I recon it could catch on.

A reasonable point but unfortunately in games at the end of last season, they never really gelled together. I suppose what we need is a third striker who can play with either. 

13 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

No Boyce at Brora until we are predictably toiling. Thought he could play with any combo he fancied up front at a time when performances and results were less than convincing. This time our top goalscorer withdrawn to 'accommodate' player way behind Boyce.

Edited by Riccarton3