Jump to content

Streaming service for ST holders


Francis Albert

Recommended Posts

Francis Albert

Why is the process for accessing this more complicated this season. Just got an email with lengthy instructions and a special code. Only needed customer reference number last season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Francis Albert

    51

  • davemclaren

    46

  • Jambo-Fox

    20

  • upgotheheads

    14

davemclaren
11 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Why is the process for accessing this more complicated this season. Just got an email with lengthy instructions and a special code. Only needed customer reference number last season.

Just to annoy you FA I imagine. 😄

 

I assume this is a one off and normal service will resume for league games? 🤷‍♂️

Link to post
Share on other sites
Lone Striker
18 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Just to annoy you FA I imagine. 😄

 

I assume this is a one off and normal service will resume for league games? 🤷‍♂️

Not sure about that Dave. The email says your special code gets you access to the Sunderland game and "other streams throughout the 21/22 season".     Hmmmm....curiouser and curiouser  :kirk:

Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Not sure about that Dave. The email says your special code gets you access to the Sunderland game and "other streams throughout the 21/22 season".     Hmmmm....curiouser and curiouser  :kirk:

Indeed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Jibbers

I was able to access this by typing in my details in the same format as last season, without the special code referred to, just name and customer reference number. Whether this works for the game on Saturday is another matter though it does say on the Hearts website that if you are already registered you don't need to go through this process.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambo-Fox

Quote on HMFC SITE;

”…… Season ticket holders will receive an email on Thursday evening that contains a unique code that must be registered prior to the game….”
 

 

With 1 hour 5 minutes left of Thursday evening I’m still waiting …..

Link to post
Share on other sites
Fat Striker
7 minutes ago, Jibbers said:

I was able to access this by typing in my details in the same format as last season, without the special code referred to, just name and customer reference number. Whether this works for the game on Saturday is another matter though it does say on the Hearts website that if you are already registered you don't need to go through this process.

Even if already registered, you still need to go to account settings and redeem the season ticket voucher - that’s when you use the code in the email. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
milky_26
3 minutes ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

I have my code but no link 

click the "read the supporters guide" in the email and you will find a link to hearts tv along with everything you need to do

Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambo_Gaz
1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

click the "read the supporters guide" in the email and you will find a link to hearts tv along with everything you need to do

Yep that helps. 🤪

Link to post
Share on other sites
jamboman9
10 minutes ago, Jibbers said:

I was able to access this by typing in my details in the same format as last season, without the special code referred to, just name and customer reference number. Whether this works for the game on Saturday is another matter though it does say on the Hearts website that if you are already registered you don't need to go through this process.

Was that not the Match day/Heartspass you used last season?

You have to use Hearts TV this time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks like it provides full access to hearts tv this time 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Lone Striker

 So if you log in to Hearts TV on Saturday using your "new" username & password, will the match link just magically be there ?    Or do they send you another email on the day with a link on it ?   (Sorry - I've never used Hearts TV as such before). 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Francis Albert
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Just to annoy you FA I imagine. 😄

 

I assume this is a one off and normal service will resume for league games? 🤷‍♂️

They don't need to go to these lengths to annoy me!

Anyway it seems odd that we are urged to register as soon as possible on the Thursday night when the first game is less than two days away. 

And if as has been suggested the registration gives us full access to Hearts TV I can presumably cancel my Hearts TV subscription and the club will lose money compared to last year's simpler process?

And if so why has this not been advertised as a benefit of renewing or buying your ST this season?

Edited by Francis Albert
Link to post
Share on other sites
luckydug

I went through the form and when I pressed register it just took me to the log in page for my Hearts TV pass that I used last season. 

Didn't get the chance to put the code in. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
neilnunb

Not received any email. Must mean I'm getting to attend every game. 😁

Link to post
Share on other sites
Jibbers
1 hour ago, Fat Striker said:

Even if already registered, you still need to go to account settings and redeem the season ticket voucher - that’s when you use the code in the email. 

Yes, it did seem a bit too straightforward just using last season's login.  Thanks for the clarification, I'll give that a go. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Francis Albert
Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I went through the form and when I pressed register it just took me to the log in page for my Hearts TV pass that I used last season. 

Didn't get the chance to put the code in. 

I followed instructions and clicked on my user name when I logged in to my Hearts TV subscription and clicked Redeem Season Ticket code from the drop down menu. Put in my code and got the message "cannot redeem season ticket code as you already have an active subscription". ?

 

 

Edited by Francis Albert
Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambo-Fox

It’s now Friday and still no sign of this [promised on Thursday evening] e mail from Hearts with codes for games this season …..

Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
16 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

It’s now Friday and still no sign of this [promised on Thursday evening] e mail from Hearts with codes for games this season …..

Spam folder? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Hungry hippo
45 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I went through the form and when I pressed register it just took me to the log in page for my Hearts TV pass that I used last season. 

Didn't get the chance to put the code in. 

 

You don't need to do the register part as you can skip that by just going to the sign in page like we did last season for streaming and enter your ref number as the password. 

 

Then select your name from the menu, account settings, then redeem season ticket code and you can enter as per the email

 

My code worked although some posters seem to getting a fault at that stage.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Niemi’s gloves
1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

They don't need to go to these lengths to annoy me!

Anyway it seems odd that we are urged to register as soon as possible on the Thursday night when the first game is less than two days away. 

And if as has been suggested the registration gives us full access to Hearts TV I can presumably cancel my Hearts TV subscription and the club will lose money compared to last year's simpler process?

And if so why has this not been advertised as a benefit of renewing or buying your ST this season?

I don’t think registration is giving free access to Hearts TV. I think I have registered successfully and all I’m getting is the usual freeview goals plus the first 30 seconds of other items

Link to post
Share on other sites
Francis Albert
11 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

I don’t think registration is giving free access to Hearts TV. I think I have registered successfully and all I’m getting is the usual freeview goals plus the first 30 seconds of other items

Thanks. Didn't make sense to get Hearts TV free with ST. Not clear why we get stream for Saturday free when the game would not normally be part of your ST.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Hungry hippo
11 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Thanks. Didn't make sense to get Hearts TV free with ST. Not clear why we get stream for Saturday free when the game would not normally be part of your ST.

 

 

 

I suspect the Sunderland stream is being used as a bit of trial run for IT purposes like we did with a friendly last season - I think Partick from memory. Trying to get all the registration issues out of the way for a meaningless game rather than chaos for a Celtic game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
jambosean75
6 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

I followed instructions and clicked on my user name when I logged in to my Hearts TV subscription and clicked Redeem Season Ticket code from the drop down menu. Put in my code and got the message "cannot redeem season ticket code as you already have an active subscription". ?

 

 

 

i'm getting this as well

Link to post
Share on other sites
jambosean75
6 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

I get this error message.

C26AE05C-2418-4B60-A82A-35D5E01E3961.jpeg

 

i'm the same

 

i've emailed them on the address provided.

 

waiting to hear back

Link to post
Share on other sites
Hannibal Lecter
5 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

How much is the ppv for the sunderland game.

A tenner

Link to post
Share on other sites
The Treasurer
8 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

They don't need to go to these lengths to annoy me!

Anyway it seems odd that we are urged to register as soon as possible on the Thursday night when the first game is less than two days away. 

And if as has been suggested the registration gives us full access to Hearts TV I can presumably cancel my Hearts TV subscription and the club will lose money compared to last year's simpler process?

And if so why has this not been advertised as a benefit of renewing or buying your ST this season?

I could be wrong but this may have something to do with the Premiership matches being shown via Sky whereas last season it was the club's own streaming service.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Why is the process for accessing this more complicated this season. Just got an email with lengthy instructions and a special code. Only needed customer reference number last season.


How is more complicated ? You already use hearts tv so I can’t see how this would confuse you. 
 

Looks to me like until we get all season ticket holders back into the stadium it gives season ticket holders to live games hearts tv will already be screening. Hence the reason for the unique code, we will lose access once we can fully use our season tickets. Seems pretty straightforward. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Malinga the Swinga
7 minutes ago, Dazo said:


How is more complicated ? You already use hearts tv so I can’t see how this would confuse you. 
 

Looks to me like until we get all season ticket holders back into the stadium it gives season ticket holders to live games hearts tv will already be screening. Hence the reason for the unique code, we will lose access once we can fully use our season tickets. Seems pretty straightforward. 

It's not more complicated. It's just another excuse for op to moan. Doesn't take much for that to happen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3fingersreid

I’ve received a code for my youngest daughters  to watch but bugger all for myself or my older daughter yet we all use the same e mail address ( and my money to pay for ST’s) .

 

If she uses hers to watch whilst at her pals , will I be able to use it too whilst in my house ???

Link to post
Share on other sites
Tams bird
30 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

I’ve received a code for my youngest daughters  to watch but bugger all for myself or my older daughter yet we all use the same e mail address ( and my money to pay for ST’s) .

 

If she uses hers to watch whilst at her pals , will I be able to use it too whilst in my house ???

 Need a different code I assume.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry Potter
2 hours ago, Hannibal Lecter said:

A tenner

cheers bud, great effort by many, season ticket sales over 10000.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3fingersreid
37 minutes ago, Tams bird said:

 Need a different code I assume.

I did think that , I’m sure I’ll get an e mail today 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
Francis Albert

 

1 hour ago, Dazo said:


How is more complicated ? You already use hearts tv so I can’t see how this would confuse you. 
 

Looks to me like until we get all season ticket holders back into the stadium it gives season ticket holders to live games hearts tv will already be screening. Hence the reason for the unique code, we will lose access once we can fully use our season tickets. Seems pretty straightforward. 

I understand fully the second paragraph. Why is redeeming a season ticket code (or in my case trying to and failing to) necessary when all I needed last season was my name and customer reference number to sign in for each game? There may be a good reason. Maybe it makes it more secure. But I can't see how anyone can deny it is more complicated. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
jambosean75

Hi S,

The season ticket is a separate account from your subscription so you will have to register a new account for your season ticket details. 

Kind Regards

 

Support

 

this is the answer from the support line which seems to contradict the line from the page that says

 

Note; if you already have an active Hearts TV account then you do not need to register, just click on SIGN IN

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Francis Albert
Posted (edited)

Thanks I was about to email as I get the same error message as you. I assume what they mean is you register by changing your account settings once you have signed in to Hearts TV but I get the same error message when I do that. 

Edited by Francis Albert
Link to post
Share on other sites
jambosean75
2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Thanks I was about to email as I get the same error message as you. 

 

i've just queried it with them and got the following back

 

Hi S,

This is incorrect, please register as a new user for your season ticket account. 

The club will correct their site later today. 

Kind Regards

 

Support

Link to post
Share on other sites
jambosean75

well i've registered now and so hopefully it works this weekend

Link to post
Share on other sites
jonnothejambo

Registered fine but how do you actually get to watch the match ?

 

Will a match icon appear tomorrow? 

 

Probably daft questions but never been on Hearts TV before. Last year I just used the Hearts Pass icon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Francis Albert
28 minutes ago, jambosean75 said:

 

i've just queried it with them and got the following back

 

Hi S,

This is incorrect, please register as a new user for your season ticket account. 

 

The club will correct their site later today. 

Kind Regards

 

Support

Congratulations. I registered but still get the same error message when I reach the final step and enter my season ticket code.

 

Will try again when the club correct their site "later today".

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Registered fine but how do you actually get to watch the match ?

 

Will a match icon appear tomorrow? 

 

Probably daft questions but never been on Hearts TV before. Last year I just used the Hearts Pass icon.

I've just got registered and once on the page where you can select to watch goals, highlights etc scroll down and the match icon for tomorrow is at the bottom. Presumably they will put a specific icon up for every home game.

 

I'm sorted now but it does seem like a much longer winded way of doing things than last season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
jonnothejambo
16 minutes ago, 1953 said:

I've just got registered and once on the page where you can select to watch goals, highlights etc scroll down and the match icon for tomorrow is at the bottom. Presumably they will put a specific icon up for every home game.

 

I'm sorted now but it does seem like a much longer winded way of doing things than last season.

 

Cheers mate. 

 

I'm keeping logged on....

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Robin mcewan

Still no e-mail or code. Contacted Hearts TV, been told to contact ticket office. Nothing so far. 😦

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




  • Popular Now

×
×
  • Create New...