Streaming service for ST holders

Francis Albert

Pipleith
22 hours ago, davemclaren said:

The answer is that it’s easier for Hearts and their streaming partners to do everything via one platform.  It’s the corporate world of solution rationalisation/simplification. 

‘This season all games will be streamed via Hearts TV.  The Season Pass website used last season will no longer be used as our streaming partners, Stream Digital, will run one site – Hearts TV – in attempt to streamline the process of logging in and watching games, and also to provide support for any issues which may arise’

You're quite right, it simplifies the situation for the club if not its season ticket holders in the short term. I just wasn't thinking it through yesterday. Today I registered for a second Hearts TV account (luckily I have more than one e-mail address, otherwise I would have been snookered), wherein I successfully redeemed the season ticket code without having to take out another subscription. I still think that all of this jumping through hoops shouldn't be necessary.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Francis Albert

• davemclaren

• Jambo-Fox

• upgotheheads

Francis Albert
43 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Having redeemed ST voucher is that it for the rest of the season. 

Is it straight onto the video stream from now on ? 

No more ****ing around with codes etc ? 

Who knows? The latest email suggests the code is for use for the rest of the season for as long as capacity restrictions apply. 

When I started the thread a few uber Hearts fans were quick to deride the idea that the process was any more complicated than last year's and accuse me of attention seeking by suggesting otherwise. Let's see how it goes for the Celtic game.

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

Having redeemed ST voucher is that it for the rest of the season. 

Is it straight onto the video stream from now on ? 

No more ****ing around with codes etc ? 

Yes I believe so. It worked perfectly well for me for the Sunderland game. I logged onto Hearts TV and there was an icon to click on for the game and it all worked well so I expect it to be the same for the Celtic game. I even thought that the quality was a bit better than last season. I found it all very simple and straightforward but I didn't already have a Hearts TV subscription and that appears to be where the difficulties lie.

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, 1953 said:

Yes I believe so. It worked perfectly well for me for the Sunderland game. I logged onto Hearts TV and there was an icon to click on for the game and it all worked well so I expect it to be the same for the Celtic game. I even thought that the quality was a bit better than last season. I found it all very simple and straightforward but I didn't already have a Hearts TV subscription and that appears to be where the difficulties lie.

Yes  having  an existing  Hearts TV  subscription certainly  complicated things

Jambo Ell

Apologies if this has already been covered. I bought a season ticket but currently recovering from Covid and unsure when I’ll feel ready to be back inside the ground again.

I presume by not opting in, I’ll be able to watch the games on Hearts tv via my season ticket? I tried to have a look but couldn’t see what happened if you didn’t opt in. Just wondering if anyone knows? 

Or if I did opt in, was successful in the ballot, could I return the ticket and watch the game on Hearts tv?

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Jambo Ell said:

Apologies if this has already been covered. I bought a season ticket but currently recovering from Covid and unsure when I’ll feel ready to be back inside the ground again.

I presume by not opting in, I’ll be able to watch the games on Hearts tv via my season ticket? I tried to have a look but couldn’t see what happened if you didn’t opt in. Just wondering if anyone knows? 

Or if I did opt in, was successful in the ballot, could I return the ticket and watch the game on Hearts tv?

If you didn’t opt in to the ballot then you can watch the stream. You need to use the code Hearts sent you to set up your account though. 

Mr Sifter

Another who’s not read the thread, so please forgive me if this has been asked already…

My dad has decided he wants to go to the games if he can, so he’s entered the ballot. I’m no fussed to be honest. But my dads (helpfully😳) put me into the ballot too, via his ‘network’. So if I am selected for a ticket for a game, does my streaming device become disabled for that one game? 

Jambo Ell
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

If you didn’t opt in to the ballot then you can watch the stream. You need to use the code Hearts sent you to set up your account though. 

Brilliant - thanks very much for that! 

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

Another who’s not read the thread, so please forgive me if this has been asked already…

My dad has decided he wants to go to the games if he can, so he’s entered the ballot. I’m no fussed to be honest. But my dads (helpfully😳) put me into the ballot too, via his ‘network’. So if I am selected for a ticket for a game, does my streaming device become disabled for that one game? 

I would doubt it to be honest. Too much effort for Hearts I imagine. 

Rogue Daddy
6 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

Should still get the game mate -

• Free streaming of games when played behind closed doors or at limited capacity.

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/tickets-and-hospitality/season-tickets/season-tickets-2021-22

Mr Sifter
5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I would doubt it to be honest. Too much effort for Hearts I imagine. 

2 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Should still get the game mate -

• Free streaming of games when played behind closed doors or at limited capacity.

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/tickets-and-hospitality/season-tickets/season-tickets-2021-22

That’s great gentleman, thanks for the replies 👍🏼

AndyNic

What's the deal with this? If you watch a game on the stream does it count towards your ST guarantee of 18 games? I carried 2 season tickets over from last season so don't want the same situation as we have 4 season tickets as a family in the same household.

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

What's the deal with this? If you watch a game on the stream does it count towards your ST guarantee of 18 games? I carried 2 season tickets over from last season so don't want the same situation as we have 4 season tickets as a family in the same household.

Didn’t know there was such a guarantee this season. 

AndyNic
10 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Didn’t know there was such a guarantee this season. 

Last year's guarantee which said 18 home games...