Streaming service for ST holders

Francis Albert

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

My mate contacted them this morning as his email address was out of date. Now got the email. 

If I was you I’d contact them via the support link in the article. 

That’s a reasonable suggestion!

I wonder how many thousands of season ticket holders have not received ‘the e Mail’? And probably most unless they have read this thread of have looked at the Hearts website will not be expecting one, and are thus carrying on blissfully thinking last seasons arrangements will roll over to this season!

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Francis Albert

• davemclaren

• Jambo-Fox

• upgotheheads

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Congratulations. I registered but still get the same error message when I reach the final step and enter my season ticket code.

Will try again when the club correct their site "later today".

I sent an email to the link on the instructions explaining this. The reply is that if I redeem a season ticket on my HeartsTV account I would lose access to al  the other features of Hearts TV except the ST screening service. I am recommended to create a second account (presumably a second Hearts TV account)  "to use as your season ticket" and redeem the season ticket code on there. 

Of course I am just moaning for the sake of it but this didn't come across clearly in the instructions!

Edited by Francis Albert

8 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I sent an email to the link on the instructions explaining this. The reply is that if I redeem a season ticket on my HeartsTV account I would lose access to al  the other features of Hearts TV except the ST screening service. I am recommended to create a second account (presumably a second Hearts TV account)  "to use as your season ticket" and redeem the season ticket code on there. 

Of course I am just moaning for the sake of it but this didn't come across clearly in the instructions!

Not a handy suggestion if you only have one email account!

Emailed ticket office at lunchtime today as I hadn’t received an email and received email back saying account reset and unique code attached. Great service, again. 

Francis Albert
7 hours ago, davieholt said:

Not a handy suggestion if you only have one email account!

Opened a new email account. The revised instructions say you have to enter different details without specifying what needs to be different but from trial and error it is user name and password as well as a different email address.  I am now the proud owner of two Hearts TV accounts and yet another user name and password to add to my collection. But it is apparently according to some  no more complicated than last year's process. It would be nice to know the reason for the change. I assume it was abused in some way.

Anyway I hope I am not tempting fate and it actually works tomorrow.

davemclaren
13 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Opened a new email account. The revised instructions say you have to enter different details without specifying what needs to be different but from trial and error it is user name and password as well as a different email address.  I am now the proud owner of two Hearts TV accounts and yet another user name and password to add to my collection. But it is apparently according to some  no more complicated than last year's process. It would be nice to know the reason for the change. I assume it was abused in some way.

Please let me know us know how it goes. 😄

26 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Well done for navigating your way through this!

I’ve not even had the e mail from Hearts but as I can’t watch match tomorrow (in London from mid-day on a Stag including ‘axe throwing’ in Vauxhall!!), I’m going to leave it until i need to set up for the Celtic match. However what I will not do under any circumstances is create a new e mail account!!

I look forward to hearing reports on the game and how access to view it goes!

♥️♥️♥️♥️

3fingersreid

Still no code , tried to register anyway but form kept clearing after pressing the register button . Guess I’ll not be watching 😡😡😡

In no way will I blame the men, women , laddies or lassies who deal with the public at what I would describe the coal face , but those people further up the scale , please get this sort of confusion sorted out ffs . 
I know I’m not very technically gifted but reading this thread there are a number of people who do know IT and they seem to be toiling with it too. 
At the minute , not good enough Hearts 

The Treasurer
11 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Still no code , tried to register anyway but form kept clearing after pressing the register button . Guess I’ll not be watching 😡😡😡

In no way will I blame the men, women , laddies or lassies who deal with the public at what I would describe the coal face , but those people further up the scale , please get this sort of confusion sorted out ffs . 
I know I’m not very technically gifted but reading this thread there are a number of people who do know IT and they seem to be toiling with it too. 

If you were registered last season it seems like you don't have to re-register using this code. At least that's what happened when I tried to use the new code number

portobellojambo1

Think I'm happy that I have a ticket for this game so don't have to play about with my access to view games online. Difficult to work out if this new code to be input applies solely to today's game against Sunderland or if once input the system will save and store it and that for any other games this season it will revert to just signing in using a logonid and password (trying to remember what information I had to put in way back when the HeartsPass started (think it was a game versus Partick Thistle) and if there was a code the system retianed for the full period of the season not long finished).

As an aside are Stirling Albion one of the teams we should be ignoring or does the fact that for the stream they are providing the money generated is split between both clubs mean it is OK to purchase the ppv stream for that game later this week ?

3fingersreid
29 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

If you were registered last season it seems like you don't have to re-register using this code. At least that's what happened when I tried to use the new code number

We watched the games on my daughters ticket last season , I thought money was going to be an issue so I rolled over my ticket and we used hers being a student , made it cheaper to renew ,that said my wife bought the soldier statue to make up for not having to buy my ST .

I’ll just get updates from here 

portobellojambo1
1 hour ago, 3fingersreid said:

I don't know if you have the following email address already but a post just appeared on FB from the club and one of the things mentioned related to people not receiving the code to watch todays's game. They gave the following email address if you want to contact the club - [email protected]

Edited by portobellojambo1

Francis Albert
55 minutes ago, leith_dude said:

Worked fine for me!

Did you have an existing Hearts TV account? I think my problems arose from that.

4 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Did you have an existing Hearts TV account? I think my problems arose from that.

Yes my account is the one that was created to use my season ticket last season. 

3fingersreid
27 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I don't know if you have the following email address already but a post just appeared on FB from the club and one of the things mentioned related to people not receiving the code to watch todays's game. They gave the following email address if you want to contact the club - [email protected]

I did that last night but thanks for replying . As I say the strange thing is my daughter got hers and I’ve not , not sure with us using the same email address has caused a wee glitch 🤷🏻‍♂️

portobellojambo1
1 minute ago, 3fingersreid said:

I did that last night but thanks for replying . As I say the strange thing is my daughter got hers and I’ve not , not sure with us using the same email address has caused a wee glitch 🤷🏻‍♂️

Can you not set up a separate account for yourself with a different logonid/password but using the same email address, or is it the email address part that the system is recognising and therefore thinks an account already exists for you ?

Francis Albert
4 minutes ago, leith_dude said:

Yes my account is the one that was created to use my season ticket last season. 

I am pretty sure I didn't need to  create an account last season but just logged in for each streamed game  using my customer reference number and name. This year the original instruction to people with an  existing Hearts TV account was to skip the registration step and just log into your Hearts TV account and submit the code via the Account Settings bar. This simply rejected  the submission with a message saying I already had a Hearts TV account or  words to that effect

The instructions were then changed presumably following my and others messages to the help link) without notice or explanation to say that Hearts TV subscribers did after all  have to register with the vague and unhelpful advice to use "different details". This means  using a different email account (as advised to me in a further exchange with the helplink) and I think from trial and error also different user name and password from those used for your existing Hearts TV account. Otherwise I was told I would lose access to Hearts TV content other than the streaming service (including presumably audio coverage of non-streamed games).

Good that this is being trialled for the pre-season friendly but there should surely have been a smaller scale trial of the system before it was implemented live with supporters.

davemclaren

A positive is that they are piloting this for a friendly rather than a competitive match you’ve actually paid to see. 😬

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

A positive is that they are piloting this for a friendly rather than a competitive match you’ve actually paid to see. 😬

Agreed. Still not clear why last year's simple scheme could not have been retained and access closed if and when we can all attend.

davemclaren
10 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Agreed. Still not clear why last year's simple scheme could not have been retained and access closed if and when we can all attend.

There were a few problems for folks setting up last years scheme as well iirc but no idea why it’s been changed. I had the same issue as you but registered ok using an alternative email address. 

portobellojambo1
11 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Just now, davemclaren said:

There were a few problems for folks setting up last years scheme as well iirc but no idea why it’s been changed. I had the same issue as you but registered ok using an alternative email address. 

Should they be effectively forcing people to create additional email addresses though dave. I've had the same email address forever and a day and it is easier to have everything across online and personal usage linking in to one email address.

Fort Vallance

My grandson and I renewed at the same time. I got an email with a code and he didn't. Not great but as has been said, better to get the glitches out of the way before the proper action starts.

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I’ve only got one e mail address!

I’m always a little bit suspicious of people that have more than one e mail address, makes me wonder if they are involved in illegal activities or have something to hide 😉 

I’ve also only got one postal address, imagine if the club said you had to get another postal address to receive tickets ….

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Should they be effectively forcing people to create additional email addresses though dave. I've had the same email address forever and a day and it is easier to have everything across online and personal usage linking in to one email address.

I don’t think it’s a neat or appropriate solution at all. 

Francis Albert
9 minutes ago, maroondevo52 said:

I logged into Hearts TV as normal and it gives you the countdown to the game.

Could be for audio coverage?

maroondevo52
1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

Could be for audio coverage?

It says Live video coverage for season ticket holders and international subscribers, hasn't asked for a code yet.

Francis Albert
26 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

No unless it is necessary and I can't believe it is. I had only ever had one email address until yesterday. Techy types laugh when I quote it because it is one of the original domains or whatever you call them, now rarely used but it meets all my needs or did until yesterday.

2 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Maybe that's why it's refusing to recognise my email code. 

I hope so anyway. 

I'm confused 😕 

maroondevo52
4 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Maybe that's why it's refusing to recognise my email code. 

I hope so anyway. 

I'm confused 😕 

If you were registered last season I don't think you need the code they sent yet, Like I said I just logged in as normal and it gives me the countdown to when the game starts, I've a feeling I will need the code nearer kick off.

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, maroondevo52 said:

If you were registered last season I don't think you need the code they sent yet, Like I said I just logged in as normal and it gives me the countdown to when the game starts, I've a feeling I will need the code nearer kick off.

Keep us posted on your ‘experience’. 

I never used my old Heartstv account last season to watch matches so this is all a tad confusing. 

Sub4TiddlerMurray

I just emailed Hearts support as I do not have a second email address. This was their reply:

Unfortunately, you cannot overwrite the current Hearts TV account as this is a different package from the season ticket.

The latter is hopefully only a temporary login until everyone is back in the stadium.

You may have to register a temporary email address for the duration of the season ticket account.

I'm not happy at all about setting up a second email address. 

Edited by Sub4TiddlerMurray

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

I just emailed Hearts support as I'm do not have a second email address. This was their reply:

Unfortunately, you cannot overwrite the current Hearts TV account as this is a different package from the season ticket.

The latter is hopefully only a temporary login until everyone is back in the stadium.

You may have to register a temporary email address for the duration of the season ticket account.

It is a bit of an inconvenience but additional email addresses are free and easy to set up. 

maroondevo52
10 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Keep us posted on your ‘experience’. 

I never used my old Heartstv account last season to watch matches so this is all a tad confusing. 

According to this looks like I will have to re register.

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/season-ticket-access-to-sunderland-livestream

3fingersreid
1 hour ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Can you not set up a separate account for yourself with a different logonid/password but using the same email address, or is it the email address part that the system is recognising and therefore thinks an account already exists for you ?

I possibly could but I’m not going through all that as I can guarantee you I’ll **** it up somehow , still no reply from the club which doesn’t surprise as I’m sure they’re very busy ( they’re usually excellent when I get in touch with them so I’ll not complain too much ) . 
It seems a long convoluted way of watching a bloody game of football 

40 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

I just emailed Hearts support as I do not have a second email address. This was their reply:

I’m not changing my e mail address for anybody …. even Hearts!

♥️♥️♥️♥️

Rick Sanchez

I just used my usual log in to watch games from last season on the new website they gave, clicked my username, redeem season ticket code and done.

davemclaren
14 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

I’m not changing my e mail address for anybody …. even Hearts!

♥️♥️♥️♥️

You don’t have to change it. Just get a free one for this purpose only. Five minute job. 

3fingersreid

Ticket office do their stuff , code came through 5 mins ago , this time thanks to Lyndsay for helping me out . 

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I just used my usual log in to watch games from last season on the new website they gave, clicked my username, redeem season ticket code and done.

Do you mean the combination of name and customer reference number we (or at least I) used to access streams for individual games last season? There was a direct link on the Hearts main site for each game and you didn't need to log in to anything - just enter a your first and last name and a combination of that and your customer reference number. It was the same stream used for Hearts TV overseas video but there was no direct link for the customer to Hearts TV just the main Hearts site.

21 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Ticket office do their stuff , code came through 5 mins ago , this time thanks to Lyndsay for helping me out . 

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Like wise excellent speed of response to email enquiry albeit yesterday. 👌🏻

Rick Sanchez
16 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Do you mean the combination of name and customer reference number we (or at least I) used to access streams for individual games last season? There was a direct link on the Hearts main site for each game and you didn't need to log in to anything - just enter a your first and last name and a combination of that and your customer reference number. It was the same stream used for Hearts TV overseas video but there was no direct link for the customer to Hearts TV just the main Hearts site.

Yep.

I had my details saved from last season. Just loaded up the website in the email we got, copied and pasted my log in details from last season and it logged me in.

Firstname-secondname-seasonticketnumber

Password: seasonticketnumber

Edited by Rick Sanchez

45 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

You don’t have to change it. Just get a free one for this purpose only. Five minute job. 

OK - I assume my current e mail (to which I receive all things Hearts on) will be wiped from the Hearts database and substituted with the new one (which I’ll never use).

This all feels rather odd and unprofessional. I can’t actually watch today so I’ll wait and see if this is just for today’s match or whether it’s a requirement for the league matches.

davemclaren
Just now, Jambo-Fox said:

OK - I assume my current e mail (to which I receive all things Hearts on) will be wiped from the Hearts database and substituted with the new one (which I’ll never use).

This all feels rather odd and unprofessional. I can’t actually watch today so I’ll wait and see if this is just for today’s match or whether it’s a requirement for the league matches.

Your current email address won’t be wiped from any database. It’s just an email address for this signon. 

Sub4TiddlerMurray
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

It is a bit of an inconvenience but additional email addresses are free and easy to set up. 

I know. But I really don't want another google or other provider email address.

That said, I have a mac.com email and Hearts tv support emailed me back on me.com, which just so happens to be one of I think 3 options you get if you have a mac.com account. And, that worked!

Moral of the tale: anyone that has a Mac.com can simply use me.com

So I need to get another email🙄.  Look it it tomorrow.  Off to the match.

davemclaren
17 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

I know. But I really don't want another google or other provider email address.

That said, I have a mac.com email and Hearts tv support emailed me back on me.com, which just so happens to be one of I think 3 options you get if you have a mac.com account. And, that worked!

Moral of the tale: anyone that has a Mac.com can simply use me.com

Yeah, me.com exists for all Apple accounts and can be used. 👍

I have an email and a code. When I follow the link to Hearts TV in the email or go directly, I click on register and/or sign in and nothing happens!