NHL playoffs

Jimmy McNulty

Still the current badge rather than the pigeon though. ;)

Still dont like the yellow.

:rofl:

Parros? :lol:

You're confusing me now...I said I liked that jersey, you said you didn't like the pigeon logo, I posted the jersey I meant!

And Parros - he won't play for the Habs again. In fact, I think he'll retire at the end of the season.

Reckon Murray will be in the lineup (for Bouillon) and potentially Moen (for Bournival). Not sure who Galchenyuk will replace though.

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gershwin

• Chester™

• JamboInSouthsea

• alwaysthereinspirit

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You're confusing me now...I said I liked that jersey, you said you didn't like the pigeon logo, I posted the jersey I meant!

It was binned as it wasnt too popular IIRC.

And Parros - he won't play for the Habs again. In fact, I think he'll retire at the end of the season.

Reckon Murray will be in the lineup (for Bouillon) and potentially Moen (for Bournival). Not sure who Galchenyuk will replace though.

Take it Crankshaft's suspension is over or was that just for the regular season?

alwaysthereinspirit

Double cups are being ordered for the roster.

Will be interesting to see what line up changes we'll make for your brand of goon hockey.

Hopefully it is our goon hockey you're up against but still a long way from being confirmed. Detroit are a pretty good number 8 seed.

Bruins/Canadiens would be good though.

Hopefully it is our goon hockey you're up against but still a long way from being confirmed. Detroit are a pretty good number 8 seed.

Bruins/Canadiens would be good though.

If the Huns and Detroit win through I say we have an excellent chance of making the Stanley Cup final. Not sure we could take out Boston and Pittsburgh though.

If the Huns and Detroit win through I say we have an excellent chance of making the Stanley Cup final. Not sure we could take out Boston and Pittsburgh though.

No question you'll pump the latter. Beating a team from the West is the issue for whoever wins the East.

In other news, here's the Lady Byng candidates:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=450084

All award candidates named each day for next wee while.

Edited by Chester?

alwaysthereinspirit

No question you'll pump the latter. Beating a team from the West is the issue for whoever wins the East.

In other news, here's the Lady Byng candidates:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=450084

All award candidates named each day for next wee while.

West teams overall were better during the regular season but injuries during the play-offs to big names can be a difference maker during a long series.

A bit of luck is sometimes needed to go all the way. Colarado just found out the hard way. Unfortunately.

West teams overall were better during the regular season but injuries during the play-offs to big names can be a difference maker during a long series.

A bit of luck is sometimes needed to go all the way. Colarado just found out the hard way. Unfortunately.

The West teams, IMO, have greater strength in depth. While anything can happen, the Western Conference winner is the likely fave for the lot.

Just watched the Huns Flyers highlights...

Carcillo's celebration.

:cornette:

What a dick.

Just seen it. I thought it was quite amusing (as did The Hockey News). In fairness, the Philly Fifers fans were flicking him the vickys before the staredown. :lol:

JamboInSouthsea

Excellent win for Les Habs again last night and looking forward to Pingus @ BJ's tonight.

:rofl:

Top goaltending from Fleury last night.

You're never winning anything with that huddy in goals.

Apart from The Stanley Cup in 09 you mean?

Aside from what I've heard last night, we'll win feck all if our 'superstars' dont show up (I'm looking at you Captain Crosby with NO goals in 30+ periods of playoff hockey). And thats on top of making the same mistakes time and again (I'm looking at YOU Bylsma, Letang, Malkin, Neal, et al).

Aside from what I've heard last night, we'll win feck all if our 'superstars' dont show up (I'm looking at you Captain Crosby with NO goals in 30+ periods of playoff hockey). And thats on top of making the same mistakes time and again (I'm looking at YOU Bylsma, Letang, Malkin, Neal, et al).

:seething:

:jj:

alwaysthereinspirit

Crosby is one of the best in the regular season. Everything personal awards are based on. Needs to toughen up in play-offs. Don't know that he can.

Not that I give a toss.

:seething:

:jj:

I think you'll find a number of these criticisms I level on a regular basis. :smuggy:

In other news, Matt Cooke, rightfully, gets 7.

alwaysthereinspirit

I think you'll find a number of these criticisms I level on a regular basis. :smuggy:

In other news, Matt Cooke, rightfully, gets 7.

Cooke did say he was sorry so all is good again in the world.

$#!thead.

alwaysthereinspirit

Bruins struggling right now. No oomph.

Really struggling now.

Edited by alwaysthereinspirit

alwaysthereinspirit

Big win for the Boo-ins there. Jammy winner though.

Dirty overtime winner. Either the greatest feeling or the absolute worst.

Nothing to beat overtime hockey in the play-offs.

JamboInSouthsea

Huns v Flyers now tied.

It's going to be a fair few days til Les Habs play again...what's the chances we can get somebody to coach us how to score PP goals?

Quite a big gap in play of games, will the rest we have be good or bad?

Surprised Plekanec never got a Selke nomination.

Im not. Its probably the most easily predictable of the awards each year.

Seems the Vezina nomination of Varlamov has caused a stir because of the domestic violence allegations. Though if Rask doesnt win it, its a stitch up. Bishop rounds out that category.

Calder nominations - MacKinnon, Johnson, Palat. Media raising eyebrows about the lack of a D man, specifically Trouba and Maatta.

Edited by Chester?

alwaysthereinspirit

Huns v Flyers now tied.

It's going to be a fair few days til Les Habs play again...what's the chances we can get somebody to coach us how to score PP goals?

Quite a big gap in play of games, will the rest we have be good or bad?

If the Bruins win today then Bruins/Canadiens could start as early as Tuesday I think.

If the Bruins win today then Bruins/Canadiens could start as early as Tuesday I think.

If other series finish quickly. They wont be starting until all series are finished IIRC.

alwaysthereinspirit

If other series finish quickly. They wont be starting until all series are finished IIRC.

What! What is the point then? Can't stand the Canadiens but not fair on them if they need to hang around even more.

Being punished for being good.

What! What is the point then? Can't stand the Canadiens but not fair on them if they need to hang around even more.

Being punished for being good.

Most will see the extra rest as a reward. Staying fresh for teams that get more banged up? Im sure many will take that.

In other news, looks like GM McPhee and Adam Oates are out in Washington.

1-0 Coats. Jenner.

As expected, D pish and not doing their job in clearing the crease area. Again.

:arry:

JamboInSouthsea

Just got in and up for the duration tonight :2thumbsup:

How have tonight's games been?

alwaysthereinspirit

Just got in and up for the duration tonight :2thumbsup:

How have tonight's games been?

Bruins clinched so a good start to the evening.

If you're into that sort of thing.

:yas:

JJJUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSIIIIIIIIIII!! :jjyay:

2-1 Pens.

Great play from Stempniak, initially, to get the first shot on goal.

• Maple Leaf unpinned this topic
  • Maple Leaf pinned this topic