Hickey being linked with Celtic

Ecce Romanov

9 hours ago, CJGJ said:

The McGinn deal re sell on was posted by myself and others way before a move to Villa...in actual fact it was also released to St Mirren fans at a meeting the club held with them

People should try 20% and they may be near just what we have negotiated re Hickey

Surely Levein couldn’t have been that savvy in negotiations could he ? I’ll raise your bid to 25% 

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Last Laff

• sadj

• Rogue Daddy

• vegas-voss

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Seen by his coach as 1st choice for the coming season, factual or bumming up his price tag.

i've seen things in reports his main competition dijks is a target for roma as they now need a left back due to the injury spinazolla sustained during the euros. That would suggest unless they sign a new first choice LB hickey would be the man in the frame for it

Sporting director issues hands off warning to clubs interested in Hickey.Said he has many suitors after him but that he will be staying a Bologna player.

Guest ToqueJambo

The thing about this is even at 8m if I was a Celtic fan I'd want them to pay that for him. He'll go straight into the first team to fill a position they need filled and if they get him on a 5 year contract they can realistically look at getting 15-20m+ for him after 3 years if he develops at the rate he has been and the demand for good left-sided players continues.

But they won't, they'll rather sign a 23-25 year old foreign player with less sell-on potential for 5-6m instead. They're so unwilling to invest in Scottish talent.

21 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Sporting director issues hands off warning to clubs interested in Hickey.Said he has many suitors after him but that he will be staying a Bologna player.

Based on that he might well go, but not for the 2-3m Celtic want to pay

Thinking about it - remembering our documentary - it covered the sale of Hickey I think (albeit I think he was unnamed but maybe not) and I am sure they were talking about ensuring there was a sell on fee.

Am I right in thinking that because of his age, he'd be considered a home grown player in Italy when he turns 21?

Guest ToqueJambo
On 10/07/2021 at 05:33, No Idle Talk said:

I have never seen Hickey playing for Bologna but if he is doing as well over there as some people say he is then Celtic would be a crap move for him at this point in his career. If he is doing well at Bologna he will be well and truly on the radar of clubs like Juventus, AC Milan, and Inter. Or even clubs the level below that like Roma, Lazio, or Napoli. All of these clubs would be a better environment than Celtic for Hickey to improve his game and develop his career. Living in Italy will also help him to lead a healthier lifestyle away from football than if he comes back here to Scotland and our drinking culture.

Stay where you are young man.

I watched his first few games and it just confirmed what we knew already - he's the real deal. The comparisons with Doig are laughable.

For the sake of penny pinching or rather not wanting to give another Scottish club 2m or so, Celtic probably cost themselves 10 in a row and at least a £10m+ profit from Hickey a few years down the road. See also John McGinn. Chumps. Hopefully he has a very long career abroad - looking forward to seeing him a Scotland shirt too.

2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

I watched his first few games and it just confirmed what we knew already - he's the real deal. The comparisons with Doig are laughable.

For the sake of penny pinching or rather not wanting to give another Scottish club 2m or so, Celtic probably cost themselves 10 in a row and at least a £10m+ profit from Hickey a few years down the road. See also John McGinn. Chumps. Hopefully he has a very long career abroad - looking forward to seeing him a Scotland shirt too.

I think Celtic listened to kickback on McGinn and declined.

John McGinn! - The Terrace - Jambos Kickback (hmfckickback.co.uk)