• sadj

• Rogue Daddy

• vegas-voss

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No longer active
39 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

We've got a sell on fee here, right?

I think Hickey insisted on a 25% sell on, for what Hearts did to develop him; but that's hearsay!

2 hours ago, George Cowie said:

I think Hickey insisted on a 25% sell on, for what Hearts did to develop him; but that's hearsay!

Was that not Patterson when he went to Cardiff? 

17 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

Yup. As far as I'm aware it was never reported whether we have one for Hickey or not. I'd like to think we had the foresight to have insisted on one but there's no guarantee. 

16 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

Pretty sure you are right.

We likely have one but less than that. Wouldn't surprise me if the amount works out to be what we gave Celtic.

Would be disappointed after only 11 appearances if Hickey gave up on developing in Italy.

This is the usual weegia pish to hype up the green cheek. Italian paper (La Nazione) apparently saying Bologna don't want to sell, see him as one for the future and may even sell Dijks.

I don't believe for 1 minute they are able to spend 3.5mil on a player. 

But stories like this help them forget about losing "the ten", the fans attacking the team bus, Lawwell rinsing the club for 25mil, having a team of disinterested players that don't want to be there.

Fancy Midtjylland to hammer them home and away, causing more anguish that will be washed away with a 'Celtic join battle with PSG and Barca for Messi' headline.

22 minutes ago, Longbaws said:

This is the usual weegia pish to hype up the green cheek. Italian paper (La Nazione) apparently saying Bologna don't want to sell, see him as one for the future and may even sell Dijks.

But stories like this help them forget about losing "the ten", the fans attacking the team bus, Lawwell rinsing the club for 25mil, having a team of disinterested players that don't want to be there.

Fancy Midtjylland to hammer them home and away, causing more anguish that will be washed away with a 'Celtic join battle with PSG and Barca for Messi' headline.

Good post. Its usual Single Fish by the rags to try and make them relevant. 

Spellczech
22 minutes ago, Longbaws said:

Agreed this is just a familiar name for the tabloids to report to get the bhoys fans beating their meat before some unknown arrives from Oz for 200k. Celtic have another young LB they debuted at the end of the season anyway.

If Roma, Napoli and Fiorentina are interested, I'd suspect there will be clubs in Spain, Germany and England interested as well. 

Even then, he's better staying at Bologna and playing 20-30 games a season alongside good players and vs. better opposition than moving to a bigger club like Roma where he wouldn’t be guaranteed first team football. 

Anyway I reiterate that Bologna won't be selling him for a price Celtic can afford, especially when they need to buy a whole new team, I can't see an 18yr old left back being the no. 1 priority. 

If Bologna sign Kolarov and punt Djiks, which I suspect is the plan, then that's a great mentor for him and Kolarov won't play every game at his age. 

If there are bigger Italian clubs in for him then he would be mad to turn down the opportunity to develop further in a top league to go back to smeltic and finish second in this poor league.

9 hours ago, George Cowie said:

Not heard that one ever, have a feeling you are telling porky pies...

3 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Why would Berra agree to give them any comment about anything to do with Tic...he actually doesn't appear to be a sharp cookie at all Berra, listening to him over the years...just tell them to bolt unless your ego dictates you want a piece in a redtop....Nice of him to admit we were a shyte team and Hickey managed to excell in that....

Honestly 🤮🤢🤮🤢

No longer active
5 hours ago, GavK1012 said:

Like I said - it's hearsay

noun. unverified, unofficial information gained or acquired from another and not part of one's direct knowledge:  an item of idle or unverified information or gossip; rumor: hearsay.

10 hours ago, Longbaws said:

Celtic could comfortably afford to buy Hickey. They are not flush like they used to be but they still have a significant budget and have players like Ajer and Eduard leaving which will cover easily fees like this one. 

Not really sure you have thought through the size of Celtic’s budget. Even if not up front fees it’s easily something they can afford on a 1-2 season payment. 

Looking at the rest of your post - I disagree it’s been about bigging up the Tic in newspapers. If anything it looks like one of their usual buy low/sell high plans which has generated significant transfer fees for them.

That said - delighted Hickey has no interest in coming back to Scotland. 

complete control
6 hours ago, GavK1012 said:

Why would Berra agree to give them any comment about anything to do with Tic...he actually doesn't appear to be a sharp cookie at all Berra, listening to him over the years...just tell them to bolt unless your ego dictates you want a piece in a redtop....Nice of him to admit we were a shyte team and Hickey managed to excell in that....

Honestly 🤮🤢🤮🤢

I'm sure berra was a Celtic fan growing up before he signed for us. 

6 hours ago, GavK1012 said:

Honestly 🤮🤢🤮🤢

Not really sure what you are getting offended by.

Journalist approaches him for an interview, it keeps Berra (apparently) relevant and may lead to him being approached again for other interviews/pundit gigs.

As for the content - he's been asked about a former team mate and he's evaluated it on a cost basis. If you take the transfer fee and split it across 3yrs then Berra is right about it being a good deal. It's tremendous value if they can either sell him or if he went on to have longevity like Scott Brown did for them. 

Generally - disagree with your post entirely for being a knee jerk reaction. :lol:

Rogue Daddy

Do Bologna even know shellick are interested? The Scottish red tops seem to know far more about it! As of yesterday, I couldn’t find anything about it in a short search of Italian sports media. Maybe Bologna should ask them for more information.  

Rogue Daddy
21 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

Celtic could comfortably afford to buy Hickey. They are not flush like they used to be but they still have a significant budget and have players like Ajer and Eduard leaving which will cover easily fees like this one. 

Not really sure you have thought through the size of Celtic’s budget. Even if not up front fees it’s easily something they can afford on a 1-2 season payment. 

Looking at the rest of your post - I disagree it’s been about bigging up the Tic in newspapers. If anything it looks like one of their usual buy low/sell high plans which has generated significant transfer fees for them.

Yeah, I’m sure Celtic could afford 3.5 mill… however, with 2 years still to go on his contract, I don’t thing that figure is close to what it would take. In fact I think the whole story is BS. 

27 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

Any player they have of any value, with the exception of Turnbull, can sign a pre contract in the next transfer window. 

Lawwell has left because the money has run out. It's a trait of his.

Celtic are in turmoil and if the tabloids paid just 10% of the negative attention they did when Cathro came here, the barriers would be outside Parkhead again👍

1 hour ago, Mysterion said:

Celtic could have comfortably afforded John McGinn too. Among others it was unwilling to pay the fee requested. 

Niemi’s gloves
1 hour ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Do Bologna even know shellick are interested? The Scottish red tops seem to know far more about it! As of yesterday, I couldn’t find anything about it in a short search of Italian sports media. Maybe Bologna should ask them for more information.  

Classic OF behaviour I’d say - an attempt to unsettle a player with help from their friends in the media. 

Batistuta87

Quite relieved to be seeing some reports suggesting that Bologna aren't interested in selling, and that Hickey isn't interested in leaving. Other reports suggesting they'd take €8M, with Napoli and Fiorentina interested. Apparently Roma want to sign Djiks, so if that happens then even more likely that Hickey will be staying put.

Edited by Batistuta87

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Celtic could have comfortably afforded John McGinn too. Among others it was unwilling to pay the fee requested. 

Which was down to Lawell being an abject failure in his role as chief exec. Lawell's ego thought that he could bully clubs/Hibs and get what he wanted. 

The McGinn saga really showed how Lawell had lost whatever midas touch (and luck given Rangers were liquidated) he had. New CEO though and I suspect the SRU boy who runs Celtic will be more self aware of how the business is viewed by fans/commercial partners if they screw up.  

Going back to the original point and responses - yeah it's fairly obvious Celtic could afford Hickey at the figure quoted and even with other issues in play (eg. One response pointed out they have a number of players in their final years of contract) they could afford it. To think otherwise is ignoring the reality of the size of the business that happens to operate a football club.

Overall the debate is moot since it looks like he's going no where. 

8 hours ago, GavK1012 said:

I heard about this in CP deal to Cardiff - I'm sure if this was a thing we would of heard about it when the deal was done with the Italian team Hickey signed for.

Also at the time of the transfer I couldn't imagine our people who dealt with transfer being wise and negotiation a clause in the contract of 25% sell on. It's not something we do we look at the money being offered and snap their hand off. 

St Mirren deal with McGinn is massive they will score out it from Hibs when they get their sell on clause 

Liverpool are good at Sell on clauses. 

Clerry Jambo

Charlie Nicholas getting his usual anti hearts dialogue into his column today saying Celtic should go for Doig. Better defender bla bla and Hearts just let him play to his strength going forward rather than defending - arse piece

Bob Loblaw
2 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Charlie Nicholas getting his usual anti hearts dialogue into his column today saying Celtic should go for Doig. Better defender bla bla and Hearts just let him play to his strength going forward rather than defending - arse piece

Spoken like a man who never watched him at Hearts.

23 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Quite relieved to be seeing some reports suggesting that Bologna aren't interested in selling, and that Hickey isn't interested in leaving. Other reports suggesting they'd take €8M, with Napoli and Fiorentina interested. Apparently Roma want to sign Djiks, so if that happens then even more likely that Hickey will be staying put.

From outside looking in, Aaron is in a great position just now.  I did say last year that you'd think Bologna may well cash in on Dijks to an extent.  No world beater, so if they can sell him at his peak, they would surely.  That leaves LB open for Hickey.

But reports that they're after Kolarov are even better.  He's what 35/36 surely?  He's in to add experience - won't play every week, not at fullback anyway.  If that's how it plays out, it's Bologna showing faith in Aaron, rather than keep Dijks or indeed replace him with another 20odd yearold. 

Aaron can also play RB, remember.  I think if he stays put, he'll get plenty game time.  Remember a year ago, he had other options and chose the one he thought gave him game time.  Can't think that attitude will have changed.

Sit tight, get another 20+ games under the belt, hopefully with a bit better luck on the injury front, and then season after world could be his oaxter.

Or come back to Celitc with huge uncertainty, new manager etc, to play against St Mirren 4 times a season again for a club who are famed for spitting out Scottish talent if they don't taste great straight away!?  Or even to go to a bigger Italian club and perhaps end up in the 21s?  You'd think the lad is in just the right place just now.

3 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Really?!?!  If anything surely it's the other way round?  At Hibs, Doig's job seems to be to get his head down and run fast with the ball.

Hickey is a cultured player who can defend and has amazing composure.  Lacked a bit physically yes, but that comes.

Both decent players, but Hickey has WAY more football from what I've seen, including his defensive acumen

Francis Albert
7 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

The first defender to play regularly in Serie A who is weak at defending? A rare talent indeed.

Clerry Jambo
39 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Really?!?!  If anything surely it's the other way round?  At Hibs, Doig's job seems to be to get his head down and run fast with the ball.

Hickey is a cultured player who can defend and has amazing composure.  Lacked a bit physically yes, but that comes.

Both decent players, but Hickey has WAY more football from what I've seen, including his defensive acumen

he just likes a hit at Hearts BigO, always has done...................plus he loves Hibs

8 hours ago, George Cowie said:

Like I said - it's hearsay

noun. unverified, unofficial information gained or acquired from another and not part of one's direct knowledge:  an item of idle or unverified information or gossip; rumor: hearsay.

Cheers George, thanks for that cutting insight 🤪....nobody on here prior to you has mentioned anything remotely similar to that made-up 'hearsay' you are ITK with...using your logic, any tom, dick or walter mitty can spout equally as daft comments and use the old 'hearsay' line to fill their day 😂🤣😅

7 hours ago, Mysterion said:

Not really sure what you are getting offended by.

Journalist approaches him for an interview, it keeps Berra (apparently) relevant and may lead to him being approached again for other interviews/pundit gigs.

As for the content - he's been asked about a former team mate and he's evaluated it on a cost basis. If you take the transfer fee and split it across 3yrs then Berra is right about it being a good deal. It's tremendous value if they can either sell him or if he went on to have longevity like Scott Brown did for them. 

Generally - disagree with your post entirely for being a knee jerk reaction. :lol:

I spose it may have something to do with promoting Tic, the article, as all pieces tend to be, the article suggesting Berra was positively on edge with hopeful anticipation on how it pans out🙄...call me cynical, but we know Berra left under circumstances that were less than positive and that it could be viewed as a chance to have a wee dig, insofar as he admits the team were shyte but Hickey rose above that...sometimes dignified silence is best all round 👌 as opposed to commenting needlessly 😉 no Jambo worth their salt would talk anything positively about Tic and Tic related matters 🤮🤢

A_A wehatethehibs

5 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Spraffing pish because he knows full well that Hickey is not going to move to Celtic :lol: 

5 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

I heard about this in CP deal to Cardiff - I'm sure if this was a thing we would of heard about it when the deal was done with the Italian team Hickey signed for.

Also at the time of the transfer I couldn't imagine our people who dealt with transfer being wise and negotiation a clause in the contract of 25% sell on. It's not something we do we look at the money being offered and snap their hand off. 

St Mirren deal with McGinn is massive they will score out it from Hibs when they get their sell on clause 

Liverpool are good at Sell on clauses. 

Aye you have misunderstood...I was commenting specifically about Hickey and that deal alone, not about Dr Funk or anyone else...totally diff matters....simply the 25% Hickey chat was clearly just made up nonsense from that poster....walter mitty stuff....

Just now, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Spraffing pish because he knows full well that Hickey is not going to move to Celtic :lol: 

We will see, I think he might.

A_A wehatethehibs
28 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

We will see, I think he might.

Maybe at some stage in his career but not after only a year out there. Especially with the Napoli's sniffing about. He's not even had his chance to play in front of the Italian fans yet has he? Away at Juve, San Siro, Rome etc. Missed out on the chance to play against Ronaldo last season too. 

Why would he want to come back and play at fir park, st mirren, easter road etc shite holes :lol: under a Celtic manager who is a huge gamble, no track record and absolutely no clue what he has got himself into and how out his depth he's going to be. 

ford donald
21 hours ago, Jamboross said:

Yup. As far as I'm aware it was never reported whether we have one for Hickey or not. I'd like to think we had the foresight to have insisted on one but there's no guarantee. 

I think it was 15% when CP went to Cardiff.

1 hour ago, GavK1012 said:

Aye you have misunderstood...I was commenting specifically about Hickey and that deal alone, not about Dr Funk or anyone else...totally diff matters....simply the 25% Hickey chat was clearly just made up nonsense from that poster....walter mitty stuff....

I wasn’t pulling you up or that just responding maybe not Q the correct message lol 

Is Hickey so celticy that they would be his choice.  Mum and dad in  hospitality watching clubs like Ross county being thrashed.

Set your sights higher Aaron.

45 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Is Hickey so celticy that they would be his choice.  Mum and dad in  hospitality watching clubs like Ross county being thrashed.

Set your sights higher Aaron.

His family is Celtic minded, that's all. He's not going there.

21 minutes ago, Wilson said:

His family is Celtic minded, that's all. He's not going there.

That's great.  I love scottish football  but I honestly believe a young guy with his talent is much better off in one of the bigger leagues.

Like everyone, I was astounded at his performance in that cup final.  What a player.

Italy on the verge of a Euros win which has been achieved by a squad of players from all over Serie A, not just the top clubs. 

As a defender / attacking wing back and given Italy's new approach to football he will never be in a better place to develop as a player. 

He's not going to play for Italy of course but to give that all up to come back to this shite house of a league would be the most stupid thing on a footballing level ever.

jamboinglasgow
6 hours ago, Wilson said:

On this, I am ITK. Aaron is settled in Italy.

With all the preparation its taken, how he has adapted out there, and having the faith and opportunity that he got to make a number of Serie A appearances in his first season and now getting attention from bigger Italian clubs, he would be mad to go back to Scotland. I hope he has a great second season and pushes for the Scotland squad.

Byyy The Light
27 minutes ago, Homme said:

Italy on the verge of a Euros win which has been achieved by a squad of players from all over Serie A, not just the top clubs. 

As a defender / attacking wing back and given Italy's new approach to football he will never be in a better place to develop as a player. 

He's not going to play for Italy of course but to give that all up to come back to this shite house of a league would be the most stupid thing on a footballing level ever.

Spot on. Would be absolutely bonkers and if he did it, I’d want his career to flunk.

Stay as far away from the Scottish football asylum as you possibly can Aaron. Go and make a life for yourself.

1 hour ago, Homme said:

:spoton:

If he can stay in Italy for a couple of years, training and playing with and against some very experienced professionals, in a totally different footballing culture, he will develop so much more than sitting on Celtic's bench getting the occasional game against Motherwell and Ross County.

He would be absolutely ****ing stupid to even consider signing for them.  The next 3 to 5 years of his career are absolutely critical for him to make the most of, and try and develop himself as much as he can, or he could quite easily join the faceless cast of thousands that have pissed it all away and ended up nowhere.