Jump to content

Stadium Improvements


Recommended Posts

iwasthere1954
On 14/09/2021 at 16:29, davemclaren said:

Only issue is if we get into the Group sections iirc. 

I think we would all like that issue to occur.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • davemclaren

    43

  • Pasquale for King

    38

  • Thomaso

    32

  • Libertarian

    22

Seymour M Hersh
21 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

 

Would be interesting, though my worry is that we end up with something like Hibs, a really cheap training ground, miles away from anything. Oriam may have higher rental costs but its location is perfect and facilities are top of the range.

 

Do you know what are we paying annually?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Bull's-eye

Doctors, Lawyers, Football managers and now architect's. 

 

JKB has most things covered.

Link to post
Share on other sites
The Tackle
14 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

 

How exactly does this pertain to stadium improvements? 

My thoughts too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/09/2021 at 07:31, Sarah O said:

Maybe it's just me.

 

But, I'd prefer a smaller ground full every single week than a larger ground with thousands of empty seats. 

 

It's not just you. Can you imagine 75% of the games every season having 15k/16k in a 30,000 seater stadium. Would look absolutely shite. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/09/2021 at 16:48, MattyK82 said:

 

 

 

Tynecastle is 20,099 capacity (not to be pedantic 🙃)

 

FWIW, stadium capacity is a key topic to debate & consider for the club, moving forward. For now, 20k imo is fine.

 

I think the stadium looks brilliant these days but appreciate there is always room for improvement.

 

I have no idea about how feasible it would be to further increase capacity because of the issues raised by numerous other posters. 
 

I think the immediate focus will be ensuring  the team are competing at the right end of the table consistently. 
 

Who knows what the future will bring though 🇱🇻

Really big and expensive project to do any expansion of the stadium if even feasible. I thought the capacity was fractionally under 20k

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, bigmack said:

Really big and expensive project to do any expansion of the stadium if even feasible. I thought the capacity was fractionally under 20k


Absolutely. It’s not a priority here and now.

 

Official capacity is 20,099 but that’s obviously not the case at the moment because of the areas which still can’t be used.

Link to post
Share on other sites
King Of The Cat Cafe
10 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Doctors, Lawyers, Football managers and now architect's. 

 

JKB has most things covered.

 

We need some grammarians to get rid of those stray apostrophes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambo 4 Ever
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Disagree, people can still go to the pub pre game & get in an absolute state (some drinking more than they would otherwise because they know they’re not getting a pint in the ground imo) & then post game can sit in the boozer and do it all again. Arseholes that go to the football to get pissed up and start a fight will do it anyway (& at least if they try it in the stadium they’ll be easier to identify & ban).

 

Meanwhile for the majority of us that can actually control ourselves we’ll have a much improved matchday experience, plus an extra revenue stream for clubs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Libertarian
42 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Disagree, people can still go to the pub pre game & get in an absolute state (some drinking more than they would otherwise because they know they’re not getting a pint in the ground imo) & then post game can sit in the boozer and do it all again. Arseholes that go to the football to get pissed up and start a fight will do it anyway (& at least if they try it in the stadium they’ll be easier to identify & ban).

 

Meanwhile for the majority of us that can actually control ourselves we’ll have a much improved matchday experience, plus an extra revenue stream for clubs.

You are absolutely correct my friend. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
1 hour ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Alcohol was sold at that game  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Libertarian
21 hours ago, AndyNic said:

 

It's not just you. Can you imagine 75% of the games every season having 15k/16k in a 30,000 seater stadium. Would look absolutely shite. 

Wait a minute. A few years ago when playing at Murrayfield we had 26,000 against Aberdeen, 36,000 against Rangers and over 20,000 against Kilmarnock and St Mirren. That was with a poor Hearts side. If we had a side which was challenging the crowds could be even bigger. This all amounts to a huge amount of lost revenue for the club. So we need a capacity of at least 30,000. We also need to increase the size of the pitch to be fully UEFA compliant. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/09/2021 at 14:34, jamboinglasgow said:

 

Would be interesting, though my worry is that we end up with something like Hibs, a really cheap training ground, miles away from anything. Oriam may have higher rental costs but its location is perfect and facilities are top of the range.


Can't be worse than what we have now. I've said for ages that I think it's bonkers training on astroturf/3G.

We play (most of) our league games on grass so we should train on grass.

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Halliphax said:


Can't be worse than what we have now. I've said for ages that I think it's bonkers training on astroturf/3G.

We play (most of) our league games on grass so we should train on grass.


Do we not train on the external grass pitches at Riccarton?

Link to post
Share on other sites
chrisyboy7

I have to say that the stadium capacity is far to low for us to achieve any sort of success long term. We need around 10k more seats but possibly adding it in stages. We are not even that brilliant right now and hitting 17k against smaller clubs....As for the big games we are losing money by not having a big enough stadium....Its time we where more ambitious and why we didn't use the Romanov blueprint for a 12k main stand was a bad decision....obviously without the hotel....At the hibs game we have sections masked off....this is the only ground in the world that does this....Out gate was 18.5k.....honestly the money getting lost is scary over the years....

I'm hoping  we can have a  new Wheatfield further back with a 2 tier holding around 10k( supporters bar included) with 2 corners filled in in the years ahead and maybe a new school end stand too.    I'm sure this can be done over the next 10 years and put the club on a higher level.

I'm sure this had all been covered but this is the only way we can grow at tyncastle. Unless your one of the ...the stadium is fine and i'm happy not competing for the league and happy with 3rd at best lol.

Lets make it happen.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
Gorgie_Rules
Just now, chrisyboy7 said:

I have to say that the stadium capacity is far to low for us to achieve any sort of success long term. We need around 10k more seats but possibly adding it in stages. We are not even that brilliant right now and hitting 17k against smaller clubs....As for the big games we are losing money by not having a big enough stadium....Its time we where more ambitious and why we didn't use the Romanov blueprint for a 12k main stand was a bad decision....obviously without the hotel....At the hibs game we have sections masked off....this is the only ground in the world that does this....Out gate was 18.5k.....honestly the money getting lost is scary over the years....

I'm hoping  we can have a  new Wheatfield further back with a 2 tier holding around 10k( supporters bar included) with 2 corners filled in in the years ahead and maybe a new school end stand too.    I'm sure this can be done over the next 10 years and put the club on a higher level.

I'm sure this had all been covered but this is the only way we can grow at tyncastle. Unless your one of the ...the stadium is fine and i'm happy not competing for the league and happy with 3rd at best lol.

Lets make it happen.....


Someone correct me if im wrong but im sure the new main stand cost in excess of £14million. Per my earlier post on this thread, I believe the only scope we have for expansion is a bigger Wheatfield but im not 100% this would be possible, and would certainly cost at least the £14million even it it was just a shell inside. 
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
chrisyboy7
4 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:


Someone correct me if im wrong but im sure the new main stand cost in excess of £14million. Per my earlier post on this thread, I believe the only scope we have for expansion is a bigger Wheatfield but im not 100% this would be possible, and would certainly cost at least the £14million even it it was just a shell inside. 
 

 

What's money got to do with it.....It's what we need to do to have any level of sustained success... We also have very wealthy people on the board that can possibly help/lend.  FOH generates currently 1.5 million a year....this could grow too along with players sales etc but it can be done...An increase of 60k fans per season would bring in around another 1.5million....It can be done or we can not bother and never really compete in Europe again......The club is operating at half of it limit.....when Romonov came the initial application for season tickets where just under 21k......that 1 season with a good team.......The skys the limit but not in the current stadium I'm afraid as we need to generate way more income......a steady expansion is the answer....We should all be more positive.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, chrisyboy7 said:

I have to say that the stadium capacity is far to low for us to achieve any sort of success long term. We need around 10k more seats but possibly adding it in stages. We are not even that brilliant right now and hitting 17k against smaller clubs....As for the big games we are losing money by not having a big enough stadium....Its time we where more ambitious and why we didn't use the Romanov blueprint for a 12k main stand was a bad decision....obviously without the hotel....At the hibs game we have sections masked off....this is the only ground in the world that does this....Out gate was 18.5k.....honestly the money getting lost is scary over the years....

I'm hoping  we can have a  new Wheatfield further back with a 2 tier holding around 10k( supporters bar included) with 2 corners filled in in the years ahead and maybe a new school end stand too.    I'm sure this can be done over the next 10 years and put the club on a higher level.

I'm sure this had all been covered but this is the only way we can grow at tyncastle. Unless your one of the ...the stadium is fine and i'm happy not competing for the league and happy with 3rd at best lol.

Lets make it happen.....

Great points. I honestly believe we would benefit massively with a larger capacity. A really good team challenging the old firm every season is my dream, I’m so done with playing for 3rd place.

 

Mr Anderson please make it happen!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Libertarian said:

Wait a minute. A few years ago when playing at Murrayfield we had 26,000 against Aberdeen, 36,000 against Rangers and over 20,000 against Kilmarnock and St Mirren. That was with a poor Hearts side. If we had a side which was challenging the crowds could be even bigger. This all amounts to a huge amount of lost revenue for the club. So we need a capacity of at least 30,000. We also need to increase the size of the pitch to be fully UEFA compliant. 

I think that was partly the novelty factor,  and both Aberdeen and Rangers in particular had massive away supports. I'm not keen on that being the way forward. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Bongo 1874
1 hour ago, chrisyboy7 said:

What's money got to do with it.....It's what we need to do to have any level of sustained success... We also have very wealthy people on the board that can possibly help/lend.  FOH generates currently 1.5 million a year....this could grow too along with players sales etc but it can be done...An increase of 60k fans per season would bring in around another 1.5million....It can be done or we can not bother and never really compete in Europe again......The club is operating at half of it limit.....when Romonov came the initial application for season tickets where just under 21k......that 1 season with a good team.......The skys the limit but not in the current stadium I'm afraid as we need to generate way more income......a steady expansion is the answer....We should all be more positive.....

 

1 hour ago, chrisyboy7 said:

What's money got to do with it.....It's what we need to do to have any level of sustained success... We also have very wealthy people on the board that can possibly help/lend.  FOH generates currently 1.5 million a year....this could grow too along with players sales etc but it can be done...An increase of 60k fans per season would bring in around another 1.5million....It can be done or we can not bother and never really compete in Europe again......The club is operating at half of it limit.....when Romonov came the initial application for season tickets where just under 21k......that 1 season with a good team.......The skys the limit but not in the current stadium I'm afraid as we need to generate way more income......a steady expansion is the answer....We should all be more positive.....

 

1 hour ago, chrisyboy7 said:

I have to say that the stadium capacity is far to low for us to achieve any sort of success long term. We need around 10k more seats but possibly adding it in stages. We are not even that brilliant right now and hitting 17k against smaller clubs....As for the big games we are losing money by not having a big enough stadium....Its time we where more ambitious and why we didn't use the Romanov blueprint for a 12k main stand was a bad decision....obviously without the hotel....At the hibs game we have sections masked off....this is the only ground in the world that does this....Out gate was 18.5k.....honestly the money getting lost is scary over the years....

I'm hoping  we can have a  new Wheatfield further back with a 2 tier holding around 10k( supporters bar included) with 2 corners filled in in the years ahead and maybe a new school end stand too.    I'm sure this can be done over the next 10 years and put the club on a higher level.

I'm sure this had all been covered but this is the only way we can grow at tyncastle. Unless your one of the ...the stadium is fine and i'm happy not competing for the league and happy with 3rd at best lol.

Lets make it happen.....

 

3 hours ago, Libertarian said:

Wait a minute. A few years ago when playing at Murrayfield we had 26,000 against Aberdeen, 36,000 against Rangers and over 20,000 against Kilmarnock and St Mirren. That was with a poor Hearts side. If we had a side which was challenging the crowds could be even bigger. This all amounts to a huge amount of lost revenue for the club. So we need a capacity of at least 30,000. We also need to increase the size of the pitch to be fully UEFA compliant. 

 

Thankyou for posting this, I genuinely couldn't be arsed pointing this out 👍, but you understand and get what the goal is ☺ this would also benefit us in years to come, and it would make us a step ahead of both Aberdeen and Hibs. 

 

Glad I'm not the only one who has this ambition. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hmfc1965 said:

I think that was partly the novelty factor,  and both Aberdeen and Rangers in particular had massive away supports. I'm not keen on that being the way forward. 

Think Aberdeen had just over 5K and the huns 13K fans. The latter was too many.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Bongo 1874
1 minute ago, EIEIO said:

Think Aberdeen had just over 5K and the huns 13K fans. The latter was too many.

I think people underestimate how big a fanbase we have, I would rather both Rangers and Celtic got feck all when coming to tynecastle. 

 

But if it's going to benefit the club in the long term, would happily give them4/5k. 

 

At the end of the day what do Hearts want to achieve as a club? Do we just want to pretend we can challenge the old firm or give it a real go, the potential we have with our fanbase is unbelievable tbh. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Bongo 1874

It would be nice to have our own training ground, but the one we currently use, is the best in Scotland so unless we can match that, I don't see the point in getting our own. 

 

 

We can get our own if we can get bigger attendances, being successful in Europe and League. 

 

And selling players for a profit. 

 

But i really believe we need to expand our stadium too get ahead of both Hibs and Aberdeen. 

 

One step ahead. 

 

Can you imagine what a 30k seater stadium would do if you had a choice of joining Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts it's a no brainer. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Bongo 1874

It would be nice to have our own training ground, but the one we currently use, is the best in Scotland so unless we can match that, I don't see the point in getting our own. 

 

 

We can get our own if we can get bigger attendances, being successful in Europe and League. 

 

And selling players for a profit. 

 

But i really believe we need to expand our stadium too get ahead of both Hibs and Aberdeen. 

 

One step ahead. 

 

Can you imagine what a 30k seater stadium would do if you had a choice of joining Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts. 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Bongo 1874
Link to post
Share on other sites
kingantti1874

Not bothered about building a training ground in all honesty. The cost of maintainance won’t be far off what it costs to use oriam.  Would rather we invested in 5000 extra seats.. 30k would be a little too much at present, 25k just perfect. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/09/2021 at 14:34, jamboinglasgow said:

 

Would be interesting, though my worry is that we end up with something like Hibs, a really cheap training ground, miles away from anything. Oriam may have higher rental costs but its location is perfect and facilities are top of the range.

100% this. 

 

Oriam should be the clubs primary option for training. 

What could be done better is to supplement the existing set up (potentially with a new building/car park/entrance/separation of Oriam and the Academy). This idea is based on land availability and planning. 

 

Edit - If you look at a map - there's a field to the South of Oriam that could potentially be home to a new facility. A new facility there with the option of renting the Oriam indoor facility could be realistic. 

 

Edited by Mysterion
Added additional bit.
Link to post
Share on other sites
A_A wehatethehibs

Meanwhile back here in reality. We can forget increasing the capacity, for at least 20 years or so. And that conversation, when it comes around, will far more likely be about a new stadium, not redevelopment at Tynecastle. If a 30,000+ capacity is the aim. 
 

A new training ground on the other hand is something we could afford in the immediate future. It’s just about the money really. Which option costs Hearts less £, option 1 a new campus, or option 2 the rent at Oriam for the next 20 years. It could be that by having our own park, we’d save a boat load of money which can get spent on players. So that decision will be left to the bean counters. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Hectormasson
On 18/09/2021 at 12:21, AndyNic said:

 

It's not just you. Can you imagine 75% of the games every season having 15k/16k in a 30,000 seater stadium. Would look absolutely shite. 

More pay at the gate, must be good for the club? I think so ,

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Not bothered about building a training ground in all honesty. The cost of maintainance won’t be far off what it costs to use oriam.  Would rather we invested in 5000 extra seats.. 30k would be a little too much at present, 25k just perfect. 

 

I think ideally, expand to 25k, prove we can fill it then move up another level after that.

 

Think there are really valid points about lost income, we think in terms of the league being designed for the OF, but its 2 guaranteed full houses against those 2, which is 4 + Hibs which is 6 (assuming the losers manage to actually finish top 6 :P). On top of that you have Aberdeen who is close to a capacity crowd too. Thats 8 out of the 18/19 home games full houses. With a bit of momentum attendances in less desirable games will rise too, and there are measures we could take to assure that - reduced ticket prices, free tickets to kids, bring a friend for a tenner  - stuff like that. I think we should seek to make the league structure work for us. The OF are never going to vote for change, neither are the smaller clubs dependent on the away end to subsidise them. 

 

I don't think its worth getting too caught up in unsold seats in games against the diddy clubs. Every club struggles to attract supporters to those kinds of games. Its nothing new to get worried about. I think we have an opportunity to show that we are a sleeping giant and begin to realise our potential, but its going to take a level of ambition from the board to achieve that. 

 

Maybe a starting point is a viability study on further expansion at Tynecastle, so we can establish what our maximum capacity could be in black and white (so everyone knows what we can and cannot do) and go from there. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Bongo 1874
1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Meanwhile back here in reality. We can forget increasing the capacity, for at least 20 years or so. And that conversation, when it comes around, will far more likely be about a new stadium, not redevelopment at Tynecastle. If a 30,000+ capacity is the aim. 
 

A new training ground on the other hand is something we could afford in the immediate future. It’s just about the money really. Which option costs Hearts less £, option 1 a new campus, or option 2 the rent at Oriam for the next 20 years. It could be that by having our own park, we’d save a boat load of money which can get spent on players. So that decision will be left to the bean counters. 

A new stadium 😂😂

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
kingantti1874
9 minutes ago, OTT said:

 

I think ideally, expand to 25k, prove we can fill it then move up another level after that.

 

Think there are really valid points about lost income, we think in terms of the league being designed for the OF, but its 2 guaranteed full houses against those 2, which is 4 + Hibs which is 6 (assuming the losers manage to actually finish top 6 :P). On top of that you have Aberdeen who is close to a capacity crowd too. Thats 8 out of the 18/19 home games full houses. With a bit of momentum attendances in less desirable games will rise too, and there are measures we could take to assure that - reduced ticket prices, free tickets to kids, bring a friend for a tenner  - stuff like that. I think we should seek to make the league structure work for us. The OF are never going to vote for change, neither are the smaller clubs dependent on the away end to subsidise them. 

 

I don't think its worth getting too caught up in unsold seats in games against the diddy clubs. Every club struggles to attract supporters to those kinds of games. Its nothing new to get worried about. I think we have an opportunity to show that we are a sleeping giant and begin to realise our potential, but its going to take a level of ambition from the board to achieve that. 

 

Maybe a starting point is a viability study on further expansion at Tynecastle, so we can establish what our maximum capacity could be in black and white (so everyone knows what we can and cannot do) and go from there. 


build it and they will come

Link to post
Share on other sites
chrisyboy7
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

 

 

 

 

Thankyou for posting this, I genuinely couldn't be arsed pointing this out 👍, but you understand and get what the goal is ☺ this would also benefit us in years to come, and it would make us a step ahead of both Aberdeen and Hibs. 

 

Glad I'm not the only one who has this ambition. 

 

 

Yes some people just dont get it...we need to start planning now

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
chrisyboy7
13 minutes ago, OTT said:

 

I think ideally, expand to 25k, prove we can fill it then move up another level after that.

 

Think there are really valid points about lost income, we think in terms of the league being designed for the OF, but its 2 guaranteed full houses against those 2, which is 4 + Hibs which is 6 (assuming the losers manage to actually finish top 6 :P). On top of that you have Aberdeen who is close to a capacity crowd too. Thats 8 out of the 18/19 home games full houses. With a bit of momentum attendances in less desirable games will rise too, and there are measures we could take to assure that - reduced ticket prices, free tickets to kids, bring a friend for a tenner  - stuff like that. I think we should seek to make the league structure work for us. The OF are never going to vote for change, neither are the smaller clubs dependent on the away end to subsidise them. 

 

I don't think its worth getting too caught up in unsold seats in games against the diddy clubs. Every club struggles to attract supporters to those kinds of games. Its nothing new to get worried about. I think we have an opportunity to show that we are a sleeping giant and begin to realise our potential, but its going to take a level of ambition from the board to achieve that. 

 

Maybe a starting point is a viability study on further expansion at Tynecastle, so we can establish what our maximum capacity could be in black and white (so everyone knows what we can and cannot do) and go from there. 

Brilliant post.....

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Hungry hippo
2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Not bothered about building a training ground in all honesty. The cost of maintainance won’t be far off what it costs to use oriam.  Would rather we invested in 5000 extra seats.. 30k would be a little too much at present, 25k just perfect. 

 

If that proves to be the case about costs being similar we won't move although I suspect it might prove to be significantly more cost effective to move away. 

 

Oriam is a great facility so if we are able to renew the lease on acceptable terms that would be ideal. The option of owning our own training facility needs to be looked at as we approach the end of the lease.

 

With the backing of FoH and James Anderson there is potential to fund something to rival Oriam as opposed to a nothing building like Hibs' barn.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sooo I'm a bit bleary eyed from nightshifts and long working week but I'm pretty sure the 5 mins I've invested in reading posts this last 24 hours surround fantasists and many a Walter Mitty... 🤪🙃😶🤯

 

Wow!!!!!!🙈

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

 

If that proves to be the case about costs being similar we won't move although I suspect it might prove to be significantly more cost effective to move away. 

 

Oriam is a great facility so if we are able to renew the lease on acceptable terms that would be ideal. The option of owning our own training facility needs to be looked at as we approach the end of the lease.

 

With the backing of FoH and James Anderson there is potential to fund something to rival Oriam as opposed to a nothing building like Hibs' barn.

 

This for me is the crux of it. 

 

If we're going to build something underwhelming then just stay at Oriam. I think we need to look at building facilities which match our ambition. We spent £26m on a new stand. Way over budget. But the funds were found and it was completed. I want Hearts to have facilities where players come and realise this is a club with demands. 

 

Murray Park was £14m (In 2001)

Lennoxtown looks like £15m was raised but construction was only £8m (In 2007). 

Hibs £5m (In 2007)

Aberdeen £13m (in 2019).

 

I think we're going to need to spend around£10-15m to get something decent based on the above. Earlier in the thread someone mentioned West Lothian which might mean cheaper land? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Bret the Hitman Hearts
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:


build it and they will come

 

Is what Scottish football clubs thought in the 1990s, and is how Airdrie ended up with a 10,000 seater stadium - madness

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Halliphax said:


Can't be worse than what we have now. I've said for ages that I think it's bonkers training on astroturf/3G.

We play (most of) our league games on grass so we should train on grass.

You do know there are about a half dozen grass pitches at Orium. Also makes sense to have 3G for when the weather is crap and to practise for games against teams who have 3G 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, chrisyboy7 said:

Yes the support is definatly there


Yes for a team playing winning and entertaining football.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Not bothered about building a training ground in all honesty. The cost of maintainance won’t be far off what it costs to use oriam.  Would rather we invested in 5000 extra seats.. 30k would be a little too much at present, 25k just perfect. 


And where exactly are these 5,000 extra seats going to go and at what cost? 🤔

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Thomaso said:


And where exactly are these 5,000 extra seats going to go and at what cost? 🤔

There seems to be a strange fascination to add 5000 extra seats, unless we have a season ticket waiting list then our current capacity is near enough perfect in my view.  Extra seats would mean a diluting of the atmosphere, a considerable cost which would impact on playing squad would be the tip of the iceberg in terms of cons.

Link to post
Share on other sites
LarrysRightFoot

Apologies if already covered but it looks like safe standing is going to keep gathering momentum. 
 

Am right in thinking 1 seat = 1.5 standing spaces? If so 5k seats being replaced by safe standing could increase capacity by 2.5k. 
 

Personally I would have liked the new stand to have been a larger 2 tier number. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

There seems to be a strange fascination to add 5000 extra seats, unless we have a season ticket waiting list then our current capacity is near enough perfect in my view.  Extra seats would mean a diluting of the atmosphere, a considerable cost which would impact on playing squad would be the tip of the iceberg in terms of cons.

I personally think an extra 5,000 seats would be great but it’s a total fantasy as there is no way of integrating them to the current stadium without a complete re-design and a budget of millions!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Tommy Brown
2 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Apologies if already covered but it looks like safe standing is going to keep gathering momentum. 
 

Am right in thinking 1 seat = 1.5 standing spaces? If so 5k seats being replaced by safe standing could increase capacity by 2.5k. 
 

Personally I would have liked the new stand to have been a larger 2 tier number. 

I very much doubt that. 

Up to someone to prove it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Apologies if already covered but it looks like safe standing is going to keep gathering momentum. 
 

Am right in thinking 1 seat = 1.5 standing spaces? If so 5k seats being replaced by safe standing could increase capacity by 2.5k. 
 

Personally I would have liked the new stand to have been a larger 2 tier number. 

 

I would doubt it. It would most likely be the same number of seats. 

 

The stands would have been designed to deal with a set number of spectators as far as exits and passageways are concerned. I'm sure the club has to prove it can empty the stands in under a set time to get their safety certificates. I would imagine we must already be pretty maxed out for our exits. 

 

I was talking to someone who is very knowlegable about safe standing. He was saying the maximum gradient for rail seats is the exact same as normal seats.  Increased from 34 to 35 degrees in 2018.  

 

More important could be the depth of the rows as they can be quite narrow in older stands. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...