Oli McBurnie (NHC - Thank Goodness)

Zen Jambo

Awful footballer, awful person. 

Gave some young lad a pasting on the weekend just a stones throw from my house. 

Maybe it didn't just happen unprovoked, I am sure there was fuel to the fire before the camera was rolling, but this is outrageous. 

Knuckle dragger. 

https://talksport.com/football/878916/sheffield-united-video-oli-mcburnie-news-punch-fight/

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Shanks

• i8hibsh

• Zen Jambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ainsley Harriott
1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

out of order from him but do think there is more to this story then has been said. 

Agree the fact the guy had his phone out filming him he was absolutely trying to provoke however his reaction was bang out of order 

In case the title confuses anyone, it is Oli McBurnie. Not some innocent guy called Oli NcBurnie. 🤣

Mods, do your thing. 

jamboinglasgow
4 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Agree the fact the guy had his phone out filming him he was absolutely trying to provoke however his reaction was bang out of order 

The fact the guy who posted the video (either the camera person or one of the guys) did it with laughing emoji's suggests he got what he wanted.

My guess either they have been following him around taunting him, or they have said some pretty horrible things. Thats no excuse for McBurnie's actions but too many people think players are fair game to taunt and provoke in every day life.

Edited by jamboinglasgow

Four faces
14 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

That probably has ruined his last remaining chances of playing at the Euros. 

Every cloud.

Four faces
6 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Drunken arseholery all round. I’m just surprised he got any kicks or punches on target. 

Noticed he couldnae even cross the road.

• davemclaren changed the title to Oli McBurnie (NHC - Thank Goodness)
19 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Let’s hope so. He’s ****ing shite. 

John Findlay
6 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

The fact the guy who posted the video (either the camera person or one of the guys) did it with laughing emoji's suggests he got what he wanted.

My guess either they have been following him around taunting him, or they have said some pretty horrible things. Thats no excuse for McBurnie's actions but too many people think players are fair game to taunt and provoke in every day life.

Say they have been following him around and taunting him, and saying horrible things. People say his reaction was out of order.

So, if thats the case then Glen Kamara's actions in the tunnel at Ibrox were out of order and his three game ban was a very lenient sentence for using violence towards another player, regardless of the horrible thing that player said to him.

Or are we saying if its racist its okay to use violence but, any other player is fair game?

Bazzas right boot

Be interesting to see how it started. 

If a grown adult starts shouting abuse at you and slagging you then what do you expect? 

It's all very brave of some to give abuse  to a player from the safety of stand, but if you do that kind of shite in the street you can  expect to get thumped imo. 

Ofc, if he's just being a dick then hopefully he gets charged. 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Say they have been following him around and taunting him, and saying horrible things. People say his reaction was out of order.

So, if thats the case then Glen Kamara's actions in the tunnel at Ibrox were out of order and his three game ban was a very lenient sentence for using violence towards another player, regardless of the horrible thing that player said to him.

Or are we saying if its racist its okay to use violence but, any other player is fair game?

100%

Some Folk think they can translate the abuse from the stand or social media to the player in person and there will be no consequences. 

That guy found out the hard way you can't. 

24 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

You can’t just attack someone because they are saying something you don’t like - no matter what is said. 

Unless of course you are in danger of violence yourself. 

Edited by Shanks

Pasquale for King

Couldn’t even break the phone the useless *****, one goal this season. Hope he gets done for it and has played his last game for Scotland. 

Byyy The Light
44 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Personally think more of these phone twats need a good slap. They'd maybe stop being knobs to people who are just going about their business if they got a sore face for trying to get likes on social media.

Tommy Brown
22 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Personally think more of these phone twats need a good slap. They'd maybe stop being knobs to people who are just going about their business if they got a sore face for trying to get likes on social media.

totally agree

Everyone seems to get treated like a zoo animal.

"oh there's such and such"  phone out, point, film, post.

Folk need to get a ****ing life.

Mad that someone so passive on the pitch can be such a radge off it. 

I must admit i'm not exactly appalled by it, bunch of wee laddies being dicks have succeeded in rattling his cage and making him look a tit

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

I agree. 

Kamara got off very lightly and Rangers players were kicking everyone in sight BEFORE the racist remark. 

That McBurnie guy should be nowhere near a Scotland squad though anyway, he's rubbish. 

Byyy The Light
3 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

totally agree

Phone out, abuse, ridicule, act the knob, edit that bit out. Post online to try and make yourself seem relevant.

Absolute clowns.  

Auld Reekin'
48 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Couldn’t even break the phone the useless *****, one goal this season. Hope he gets done for it and has played his last game for Scotland. 

Good point: Oli fails to hit the target yet again!   :mw_rolleyes:  Agree with other posters though, that if he was getting dogs' abuse by the guys with the 'phone then you can't blame him too much for his reaction. 

wattie exploited

people seem to think because your in the limelight that they can say and talk shit to you with out a reaction some people pick on the wrong person and get everything they deserve !

I dont blame him at all !

football wise I don't like him but he still has a right not to let any ***** talk shit to him and film him :rifle:

coatbridgejambo
20 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

totally agree

spot on

Pasquale for King
25 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

Good point: Oli fails to hit the target yet again!   :mw_rolleyes:  Agree with other posters though, that if he was getting dogs' abuse by the guys with the 'phone then you can't blame him too much for his reaction. 

Yes to an extent but unfortunately it’s part of the job, doesn’t look drunk either which can be used as an excuse. No sympathy for the guy with the phone either. 

Think the lads in the video are only 15 or something. Probably just being wee weapons. Much ado about nothing really but doesn't change that McBurnie is a tit.

King prawn

Awful player and a complete roaster. Couldn’t hit a barn door from 3 ft away but plays with the arrogance of a 30 goal a season striker. 

Hope that’s him out of the Scotland squad for good. 

Cut The Crap
6 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Job’s a good un.

CostaJambo

If he had half a brain he would realise he is punching massively above his weight in terms of wages -v- actual ability and keep himself out of the limelight accordingly.

How the Sheffield United and Scotland management teams let him (and Fleck) get away with disrespecting their team mates by not taking part in huddles, I don't know.

I suppose Fleck at least contributes something on the pitch.

Cruickie's Moustache

Don't really rate McBurnie but the fact remains that he is a highly trained professional sportsman used to physical contact.

Can't understand why blokes in the street don't consider that someone fitter, stronger and faster than them might be able to give them a good doing if they decide enough is enough.

7 minutes ago, Cruickie's Moustache said:

Don't really rate McBurnie but the fact remains that he is a highly trained professional sportsman used to physical contact.

Can't understand why blokes in the street don't consider that someone fitter, stronger and faster than them might be able to give them a good doing if they decide enough is enough.

:gok: 

So, apparently he wasn’t being harassed by a group of kids. 

According to the victim, McBurnie was being a bit of a weapon towards a women. 

Mmmm, 6 of 1 half a dozen of the other? 

Wonder if the CCTV camera was pointing down the high street? 

I could walk past him in the street  and not know who he is.

Same goes for most of the Scotland team.

If he was filmed by some nobody then had the video posted on social media then that is good enough for me.

Burn him, slit his throat, gas his family and jail him for life and hopefully he will lose his job, custody of his children and his life savings.

Or, in the real world - let us hear his side of the story and carry out an official impartial investigation.

32 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Beginning to feel like that about the Hearts team :sob:

Aye.

I've had one or two who the feck is that moments, myself. 

It's easier to get to know new faces when attending games rather than on TV.

6 minutes ago, martoon said:

Aye.

I've had one or two who the feck is that moments, myself. 

It's easier to get to know new faces when attending games rather than on TV.

When you are a speccy 4 eyes like me and you are wathcing Hearts on the TV whilst having a few shandies and vinos Boyce and Naismith are anyone's guess.  Always mistake them.

19 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

When you are a speccy 4 eyes like me and you are wathcing Hearts on the TV whilst having a few shandies and vinos Boyce and Naismith are anyone's guess.  Always mistake them.

😄

It's Halkett and McEneff and sometimes Irving who I get mixed up. The beer blurred vision doesn't help and neither does watching on the kitchen portable.

I live in a female ruled household and I know my place.

As they do.

Edited by martoon

1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

O'm sure a few quid here or there and it all disappears.

Happens a lot up here with a certain family that.....

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

As much as I might not like it, I would either ignore it or take the piss out him or maybe even myself; try and defuse the situation. Someone shouting abuse, isn’t justification for physical violence, outside ‘bro law’. He’s a grown ass adult and I would expect to him have some self control. Especially considering his ‘high profile’ nature and every bam nowadays is more concerned about likes than fights, 

What benefits will his actions bring ? Nothing except trouble for himself. His actions, irrespective of how justified he may have felt was the wrong on a number of levels. Doing something to your own detriment, with no benefit is stupid, 

I would imagine he’s regretting his actions and rightly so.

If saying nasty/ abusive things about people was justification for physical violence, you’d be dead 🤷🏻‍♂️

Don't know if it's justification or understanding. 

If someone screamed racial abuse at someone I'd expect them to react, Likley physically. 

If someone screamed at my kids or wife and gave them dogs abuse then they'd get hit. 

It does not justify the above actions but it is certainly understandable. 

Where is the line, can you go an inch from someones face and scream what you want - racial, xenophobic, vile, personal insults and if you get hit it's the other person's fault. 

Is it OK to shout across from the street. 

Can you call some a jock *******, ugly, fat ******* and not expect to be hit but if you call someone a black ******* then it's OK? 

Where is the line. 

Lots of folk defended Kamaras actions a few weeks ago and imo rightly so. 

If you shout abuse and record  a young lad in his twenties and continue to do it, then imo it's your own fault if you get thumped. 

If he's reacted  to something really insignificant, then he's just been a dick.

Anyway, everyone will think different and this is more of a shed topic, not for me. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
42 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

That has been challenging. 

When the baldy guys goes past 2 players then falls over then its Boyce, if he's shouting, pionting and misplacing 5 yard passes it's Naismith. 🙄

If it's knocking hibs out of semi finals it's Wighton or Boyce. 

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

It might be understandable but absolutely no benefit will come from it for him. Him failing to control his emotions, is going to cost him, by the looks of it in a number of ways. Carrying out an action that has no benefit from it, is stupid tbh.

it’s not ok to shout abuse at anyone imo but a person being abused, has lots of choices how they react to it. They choose to react by physical violence, they weren’t forced to, they could have easily reported, ignored, defused the situation. His action was his choice and he clearly moved some distance to carry the action out. 

You can come up with imaginary scenarios, but essentially people are choosing to react and that due to an absence of self control. Something he has demonstrated before. MycBurnie, is more likely been having a bad day and reacted to something he didn’t like, being filmed or called him shite, than racial, xenophobic or family abuse tbh. So it probably best we leave the whabatoury alone. 

Getting got on camera phone thumping some is beyond stupid as well. 

Adults take responsibility for their actions they don’t pretend someone forced them to do something. That excuse making and nothing more,

Anyway he’s been charged so he will go through the legal process, most likely. 

All fine, but maybe the benefit is that prick with the phone won't do  what he did again to some other person minding their own business. 

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

All fine, but maybe the benefit is that prick with the phone won't do  what he did again to some other person minding their own business. 

According to that prick he was trying to calm McBurnie down who was having a heated argument with a young lady. Apparently. 

Unknown user
21 hours ago, Cruyff said:

21 hours ago, Four faces said:

Every cloud.

And an Amen from me