Oli McBurnie (NHC - Thank Goodness)

Zen Jambo

I know he has not been great for Scotland but we are hardly in a position to not select a £20 million striker.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Shanks

• i8hibsh

• BigAlim

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Glad hes been lifted.  You cant go around attacking people just because you dont like something they’ve said. 

Almost everything in life boils my piss nowadays but this filming eveything and eveybody to post on their facebook is up there.

The first thing these low life scumbags do (and that they are) and think about in an emergency is getting their phones out.

18 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Glad hes been lifted.  You cant go around attacking people just because you dont like something they’ve said. 

But surely it would be fair to get the 'whole' story?  

Accusations and 3 minutes of film on a camera phone are not and should never be the end of a story.

5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

But surely it would be fair to get the 'whole' story?  

Accusations and 3 minutes of film on a camera phone are not and should never be the end of a story.

Definitely, i hate the whole camera/ social media shite and have nothing to do with it. 

All I’m saying is that you cant just attack someone because you dont like what they’ve said. 

1 minute ago, Shanks said:

Definitely, i hate the whole camera/ social media shite and have nothing to do with it. 

All I’m saying is that you cant just attack someone because you dont like what they’ve said. 

No arguments with that.  I'm always very sceptical of all this though.

Footballers are not brains of Britian but they know what side their bread is buttered on and I refuse to believe they act like this unprovoked etc.  

They will know the ramifications.  I would expect to see an all charges dropped soon once a full investigation has been carried out.

Cretins like this nomark, will have seen McBurnie as a mark and went all out to provoke.

It will be trial by social media until then tho.

Everyone (well the social media world at least) is a journalist, a judge, a jury, a moral guardian and expert on everything now.

I really do hate these Twitter and Facebook type platforms - they are what can only be described as evil monsters of gargantuan power. 

35 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

No arguments with that.  I'm always very sceptical of all this though.

Footballers are not brains of Britian but they know what side their bread is buttered on and I refuse to believe they act like this unprovoked etc.  

They will know the ramifications.  I would expect to see an all charges dropped soon once a full investigation has been carried out.

Cretins like this nomark, will have seen McBurnie as a mark and went all out to provoke.

It will be trial by social media until then tho.

Everyone (well the social media world at least) is a journalist, a judge, a jury, a moral guardian and expert on everything now.

I really do hate these Twitter and Facebook type platforms - they are what can only be described as evil monsters of gargantuan power. 

100% spot on.  

mcburnie needs to realise that this world is full of attention seeking weirdos though, they can’t wait to post up on Facebook what they had for breakfast never mind a football player that they’ve managed to annoy. 

It doesn’t excuse attacking someone though (unless in an act of self defence).

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

The boy with the phone is a dick, but on the basis he will get a shit load of  ‘likes’ on social media, a bit of fame with his fellow road men and probably get a pay day from McBurnie to make it go away. He’s more likely to be setting up a ‘triggered footballers’ account on tick tok than regretting his actions., tbh.

Hopefully the next footballer he does that too goes all "big Dunc" on him. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Shanks said:

100% spot on.  

mcburnie needs to realise that this world is full of attention seeking weirdos though, they can’t wait to post up on Facebook what they had for breakfast never mind a football player that they’ve managed to annoy. 

It doesn’t excuse attacking someone though (unless in an act of self defence).

Act of self defence is an Interesting turn of phrase. 

Does it mean only retaliating when hit first or does it mean being physical when you feel threatened. 

In this case, McBurnie had an out and was in no immediate danger but the phrase of "self defence" is an interesting one. 

If you get hit first you often then are unable to defend yourself-in theory you could be knocked out or hit in such a way to render you defenisless , so it's a bad turn of phrase imo if folk relate it to only " hitting back" and not hitting first. 

If self defence is used to express the fight part of  the flight or fight response then everyone will have a different threshold and respond differently. 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Zen Jambo said:

According to that prick he was trying to calm McBurnie down who was having a heated argument with a young lady. Apparently. 

As I said if the boy was being a prick and abusibg/ winding McBurnie up then he deserved thumped imo, if McBurnie was being the prick he'll deserve to be charged. 

Easy way out for Sheffield Utd - £1M off wage bill - I am not saying that’s the correct decision 

Heartsofgold

For me, the biggest problem in society right now is the lack of consequences for ones actions, and I don't just mean incidents like this.  Things were a lot simpler when, if someone said something derogatory to you in any way, you gave them a smack in the mouth.  This either ended the situation or it got you a pasting from someone who new how to handle themselves.

Now with the social media shite and everyone having a camera, the consequences of this action are plastered all over the internet.  25 years ago, if someone got a belt in the mouth for being a wide arse then the only way the person who hit him got in trouble is if a police report was made.  Now, the video evidence available means this is not the case.

That clip that was on Twitter was what, 25 seconds long?  How long had he actually been filming him?  What had he already said or maybe even threatened McBurnie with?

Do I condone what McBurnie did?  No I don't.  Do we know the whole story?  No we don't but McBurnie is now utterly ****ed.

I can almost guarantee that the majority of posters on this forum have dealt out a smack in the puss or been on the receiving end of one for being a big mouthed shitehawk.

Bag of worms opened.

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Act of self defence is an Interesting turn of phrase. 

Does it mean only retaliating when hit first or does it mean being physical when you feel threatened. 

In this case, McBurnie had an out and was in no immediate danger but the phrase of "self defence" is an interesting one. 

If you get hit first you often then are unable to defend yourself-in theory you could be knocked out or hit in such a way to render you defenisless , so it's a bad turn of phrase imo if folk relate it to only " hitting back" and not hitting first. 

If self defence is used to express the fight part of  the flight or fight response then everyone will have a different threshold and respond differently. 

Oli mcburnie walked towards the guy, so there's no self defence to be had. 

And Oli Mcburnie is a Swansea casual. 

Anyone who smacks someone because they're getting a bit of a slagging, is an utter cock womble. 

Edited by Norm

New video has emerged.

Looks like the victim could’ve been lying when he spoke to the Sun. 

Ibrahim Tall

The guy that got hit deserved it, that’s not a justification or ‘well done’ to McBurnie but we seem to now be in a time where it’s apparently ‘normal’ to be a complete ***** and randomly abuse people in the street and not expect a reaction.  :facepalm:

It’s a problem with society in general. When I was a kid I’d never have dreamed of mouthing off at some random adult in the street etc because I’d have expected a sore face as a result and my parents pointing out I’d deserved it. Now the first thing cretins do is run to the police or press about a reaction to something they’ve instigated. 

OmiyaHearts
25 minutes ago, Norm said:

Anyone who smacks someone because they're getting a bit of a slagging, is an utter cock womble. 

When they're following your and your Mrs home, filming it while shouting abuse? I'd 100% leather them.

7 hours ago, martoon said:

I could walk past him in the street  and not know who he is.

Same goes for most of the Scotland team.

B588984D-2B91-4D1A-A285-314C9B40B89A.jpeg

Heartsofgold
31 minutes ago, Norm said:

As is anyone who starts with the verbals and expects no consequences. 

The 'laddie' who was shouting abuse at Mcburnie, whilst filming his reaction is 21. Personally I think he deserved a slap.

*Mcburnie is still pish though.

1 minute ago, brianmc said:

The 'laddie' who was shouting abuse at Mcburnie, whilst filming his reaction is 21. Personally I think he deserved a slap.

*Mcburnie is still pish though.

Jeez i didn't realise he was that old, looks like a bairn.

Fair enough then, McBurnie is well within his right to leather him. Just wish he'd show the same passion in a Scotland shirt

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Oli mcburnie walked towards the guy, so there's no self defence to be had. 

And Oli Mcburnie is a Swansea casual. 

Swansea have casuals? 🙄

30 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

As is anyone who starts with the verbals and expects no consequences. 

Oh, 100%.

15 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Jeez i didn't realise he was that old, looks like a bairn.

Fair enough then, McBurnie is well within his right to leather him. Just wish he'd show the same passion in a Scotland shirt

Why is he within his right to leather him?  Do you think it’s okay to attack someone if they say something you don’t like? 

9 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Why is he within his right to leather him?  Do you think it’s okay to attack someone if they say something you don’t like? 

Depends how persistent they are with it

Gorgieshed
8 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Come on, seriously? The boy continually shout abuse at him. I dont like McBurnie but he is hasn't done much wrong here. The boy filming got away lightly IMO.

1 minute ago, BigAlim said:

Depends how persistent they are with it

Really? So if someone is filming you persistently you can just turn round walk 10 yards and ‘leather them’.  

I think people - especially professional sportspeople, should be able to rise above it.  

Would it make a difference if a female was persistently videoing someone?  Would she deserve to be leathered?   Just curious where the line is drawn. 

3 minutes ago, Gorgieshed said:

Come on, seriously? The boy continually shout abuse at him. I dont like McBurnie but he is hasn't done much wrong here. The boy filming got away lightly IMO.

So you think it’s okay to attack a person if you don’t like the words they are saying at you :lol: lovely. 

Just curious where the line is drawn. 

Battering a lassie is never ok

if some wee ***** is giving you pelters all the way up the road then he needs to realise that there are consequences attached

2 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Battering a lassie is never ok

if some wee ***** is giving you pelters all the way up the road then he needs to realise that there are consequences attached

And there is consequences attached to you turning around and assaulting another person for calling you names you don’t like.  

also find it strange that its okay if it’s a lassie calling you names but if it’s a boy/man they are getting attacked. 

Edited by Shanks

And there is consequences attached to you turning around and assaulting another person for calling you names you don’t like.  

also find it strange that its okay if it’s a lassie calling you names but if it’s a boy/man they are getting attacked. 

If you think it’s weird to dissociate hitting a woman from hitting a man then I’m afraid I can’t help you 

1 minute ago, BigAlim said:

If you think it’s weird to dissociate hitting a woman from hitting a man then I’m afraid I can’t help you 

I don’t think you should hit either just for calling you names. 

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Shanks said:

So you think it’s okay to attack a person if you don’t like the words they are saying at you :lol: lovely. 

Depends on what they said. 

If someone is slagging an old person, maybe slagging a cancer patient for being bald  taking the piss out of a disable person or being xenophobic, racist and/ or sexist then they deserve to be hit for their words. 

Also if they are being consistent and intruding your personal space or being threatening then yes they could also  very well deserve to be hit. 

Everyone will have a different threshold, but if you go about mouthing of to folk randomly in the street you can expect someone will hit you. 

If you are being verbally attacked, threatened or abused then it could be ok to hit someone, in my book anyway. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

2 minutes ago, Shanks said:

I don’t think you should hit either just for calling you names. 

Fair enough, these instances are always situation specific 

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Depends on what they said. 

If someone is slagging an old person, maybe slagging a cancer patient for being bald  taking the piss out of a disable person or being xenophobic, racist and/ or sexist then they deserve to be hit for their words. 

Also if they are being consistent and intruding your personal space or being threatening then yes they could also  very well deserve to be hit. 

Everyone will have a different threshold, but if you go about mouthing of to folk randomly in the street you can expect someone will hit you. 

If you are being verbally attacked, threatened or abused then it could be ok to hit someone, in my book anyway. 

So if you said something to someone and they deemed it to be a hitable offence, you may not have realised it was so bad but the person you’ve said it too is so offended that they attack you.  You would accept that?  

genuinely interested to hear where the line is.  

6 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Fair enough, these instances are always situation specific 

I’m afraid by the law it isn’t.  You can’t just walk up to someone and attack them.

jamboinglasgow

There is an element of people who think footballers going about their everyday life are free game to try and wind up. 

McBurnie will rightly face consequences for his actions but there needs to be discussion about abuse players get and what is acceptable.

Banter is one thing, abuse on the Terraces is another and expected. Having someone following you, filming and abusing you in front of friends/family (even without them present) is not acceptable. The wee scrote got off lightly in my opinion with a couple of slaps. Oli will get punished no doubt as he is a meant to be a role model for his club, but to me I hope its a light punishment

How do you walk away from that when the guy is following you and continually giving abuse, also why should he give up his day/evening to do so as he is doing nothing wrong?    

Gorgieshed
2 hours ago, Shanks said:

100% if they are constantly having a go. I like the way u dumb down the person antagonising him with 'words'. It's abuse. Just because McBurnie is a professional football player and in the public eye, it doesn't make him have less emotions than Joe public. The boy filming took a liberty from McBurnie because he was famous. At the end of the day the boy deserved more than a slap.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Shanks said:

So if you said something to someone and they deemed it to be a hitable offence, you may not have realised it was so bad but the person you’ve said it too is so offended that they attack you.  You would accept that?  

genuinely interested to hear where the line is.  

Dunno where the line is but I wouldn't shout at someone in the street. 

If I did shout threats or insults at passers by I'd expect to be  hit by at least one eventually. 

I generally couldn't care but im more Likley to get physical if someone verbally abuses my friends or family. 

Although Calling me a tory  could me hit someone. 😜

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

There is an element of people who think footballers going about their everyday life are free game to try and wind up. 

McBurnie will rightly face consequences for his actions but there needs to be discussion about abuse players get and what is acceptable.

That it! 

****ing coward with phone, abuse another, film it then greet to the police. 

****ing waste of police time as well. 

Charge the wee scrote. 

jamboinglasgow
6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

That it! 

****ing coward with phone, abuse another, film it then greet to the police. 

****ing waste of police time as well. 

Charge the wee scrote. 

I think its telling that McBurnie asks him why he is filming and basically put the camera away. I saw the person who put this video (who is not the guy in the video, just seen it posted and put up to show the other side of the incident) said that the guy had been following McBurnie and his girlfriend around the place.

These people want their moments on camera, which they can then either spread around the internet or show to their mates about what they did. Reminds me a bit of a journalist I heard talk about a chat he had with Anton Ferdinand about racism on social media and players posting it with the persons name to shame them. Anton Ferdinand said that it has become pointless doing that as there are people who take it as a badge of honour getting called out by a player so players get it even worse. This seems the same, abuse a footballer to get them to react then share it online to get likes.

Edited by jamboinglasgow

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I think its telling that McBurnie asks him why he is filming and basically put the camera away. I saw the person who put this video (who is not the guy in the video, just seen it posted and put up to show the other side of the incident) said that the guy had been following McBurnie and his girlfriend around the place.

These people want their moments on camera, which they can then either spread around the internet or show to their mates about what they did. Reminds me a bit of a journalist I heard talk about a chat he had with Anton Ferdinand about racism on social media and players posting it with the persons name to shame them. Anton Ferdinand said that it has become pointless doing that as there are people who take it as a badge of honour getting called out by a player so players get it even worse. This seems the same, abuse a footballer to get them to react then share it online to get likes.

Yip, ****ing weirdos. 

Hungry hippo

For the first and probably last time in my life I'm fully with McBurnie. 

The guy videoing was bad enough during the incident but to then lie about it to the press is pathetic. The second video vindicates McBurnie IMO.

8 hours ago, Hungry hippo said:

For the first and probably last time in my life I'm fully with McBurnie. 

The guy videoing was bad enough during the incident but to then lie about it to the press is pathetic. The second video vindicates McBurnie IMO.

I’ve gone 180 on this story more times than I care to remember- I’ve got things I should be getting in with. 

McBurnie was an idiot for landing a punch, it’s still assault. But, hopefully the fact that this young lad was quick to sell is (likely, made up) story to the Sun for a quick buck, puts him in a spot of bother. 

I don’t know the laws about that stuff, but you can’t go blabbing to the tabloids before an arrest is even made. 

Cruickie's Moustache

I remember hearing some time ago that the actor Robert Carlyle stopped going out for meals with his wife and family because, even with the best of intentions, people were always coming up to say hello, thanking him for work, get an autographs (this was pre-selfie) etc. He was saying that you manage to get a couple of hours free for a night out and by the time six people have come up you have lost half of your evening. 

Therefore very frustrating with people just being nice. Just then imagine being hounded and filmed by some mouthy prick when you are just trying to go about your normal business. Can't say I'm surprised McBurnie went full Begbie on the lad.

Not what I would do myself but I can understand why Oli reacted the way he did. Not exactly the calming him down story he presented to the Sun!