Pre Season Friendlies 2021/22

Footballfirst

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

I think he looks like Gwyneth Paltrow 🥰

Maybe he will have a conscious uncoupling from Brighton and sign for us 🤔?

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Footballfirst

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Stu_HMFC

• John Findlay

Rogue Daddy
4 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Bloody ridiculous we signed Cochrane. Look at him scoring goals for us, this obviously benefits the hobos somehow

:rolleyes5:

Wish I’d been there watching. Instead I’ve watched Sweden v Ukraine playing for extra time from the 46th minute 😡😡😡

Bazzas right boot

Good to hear we are scoring. 

Good to GMS keeping his confidence up, he finished last season well. 

Good to see our new boy grabbing a goal and decent for Damour to get game time and play well. 

Means little in prep for the new season overall  but God for match fitness and confidence. 

Just need a couple of whelms to sign now. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Wish I’d been there watching. Instead I’ve watched Sweden v Ukraine playing for extra time from the 46th minute 😡😡😡

It's been a bit shit. 

davemclaren
23 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Well either get him fit and play him or get him fit so someone will take him I suppose. 

Correct. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

How are we playing generally?

Formation?

Pace?

Better in midfield?

Or just up against shite?

Rogue Daddy
12 minutes ago, geomac said:

a Shallow Hal Gwyneth? big and not so big...

… just regular Gwyneth 🥰 sigh. 

While it's good to be winning and scoring plenty goals it's worth noting Armadale Thistle beat Linlithgow comfortably this evening playing Lithgy off the park in fact so that's level we are operating at for these friendlies.

No real point to make other than to highlight Armadale beat Linlithgow as it's not happened for a while 😃

Cant win on here, if we struggle pre season posters up in arms, we win bang in goals its happy clappers etc etc, wtf do people want?

These games are to get the players fit shake off the rust.

gashauskis9
29 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

I think he looks like Gwyneth Paltrow 🥰

Slide-in doors….I’ll get my coat

August Landmesser

Loads of goals is nice, but more amazing with our recent luck is that nobody's been injured

If Loic is fit, motivated and is willing to fight for a place in the team then fair do's and if he was genuinely injured last season then ia'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Happy for him to prove us all wrong if he can. 

Under the floodlight
3 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

Cant win on here, if we struggle pre season posters up in arms, we win bang in goals its happy clappers etc etc, wtf do people want?

A psychiatrist's dream.

Just back from Ainslie. Obviously you have to take the opposition into account but it was still good to see us play at a good tempo and the workrate was excellent. Boyce was best on the park but Damour was very good, absolutely strolled it. All he can do is play well when given the chance, whether that's with an eye on changing Robbie's opinion or getting a move away at least his attitude looks good.

Young Flatman and McGill were very good I thought. Fitness is the most important thing, but can't hurt anyone's confidence to get a few goals.

Do we have any more friendlies coming up. Kind of gutted I missed this considering I stay two minutes from Ainslie Park. :sad:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
40 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

What position did he say he should be playing? Warnock played Paterson at 10 for flick ons.

Pressing further up he said, not a holding midfielder at all also said he had a goal in him. 

Not as if we are flush in midfield not to give him a chance before the window is over 

Edited by Sir Gio

Geoff Kilpatrick

Every year, it is guaranteed people take pre-season friendlies far too seriously! :laugh:

Footballfirst

Some thoughts on having watched both games.

The selection for the CSS game suggested that those with a history of injuries would play there on grass rather than on the Ainslie Park astro. (Souttar, Haring, Walker, Ginelly)

CSS put more into the game than Spartans particularly in the first half when Stewart probably had more touches than any other Hearts player.  Haring looked more mobile than he was last season. Walker was decent, but the other midfielders in Halliday and McEneff were ineffective. MOTM was Connor Smith who worked his socks off in the right wing back role before moving into centre midfield after a raft of subs.

Spartans were hit with a couple of early goals and were never in the game. Hearts looked much more composed and under less pressure throughout. The astro surface meant that fewer passes were misplaced or mis-controlled.  Damour was decent as was his goal which finished off a fine team goal. He also rattled the post late on. He was ably assisted in midfield by Scott McGill. GMS was another who had a good game, kept possession well and took the chances that came his way. Cochrane showed up well, with good pace and strength, although seemed reluctant to use his weaker foot. The defence was never stretched, but Callum Flatman looked very composed on the ball, won his fair share in the air and his distribution was good.

I would find it difficult to select a first XI out of the two teams tonight, but the following would deserve it on th.

(4-5-1)

Stone

C Smith Souttar Halkett Cochrane

Ginelly Haring Damour Walker GMS

Boyce

57 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

The thing is with Damour is that he was always comfortable on the ball and had a good touch. He could play. 

However, he often wanted too long on the ball and never adapted, he also looked unfit. 

He played a lot in the championship so he's definitely a player that can offer something. 

He should be decent. 

No am not having that, you make it up as you go along.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Pressing further up he said, not a holding midfielder at all 

No doubt why he kept getting caught on the ball as DM costing us goals

Guest ToqueJambo

Why are we playing youngsters and practising scoring goals when Neilson hates playing youngsters and scoring goals (apparently)? Get it sorted Neilson 😡

Edited by ToqueJambo

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Why are we playing youngsters and practising scoring goals when Neilson hates playing youngsters and scoring goals (apparently)? Get it sorted Neilson 😡

It won't last come first few league games they will have vanished. Unless odd bench filler.

47 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

What position did he say he should be playing? Warnock played Paterson at 10 for flick ons.

“He could do a man-marking job for me as well if I asked him. He is versatile and can play in a lot of positions in midfield. The question I have about Hearts is I don’t think they every really gave him a chance further forward. He was always in a defensive midfield role when I saw him play for Hearts.

“I’d like to see him further up the pitch because he makes some good runs. The first time we lost the ball, he was the first one trying to win it back even if it was high up.”

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Lfhearts said:

It won't last come first few league games they will have vanished. Unless odd bench filler.

😂

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

“He could do a man-marking job for me as well if I asked him. He is versatile and can play in a lot of positions in midfield. The question I have about Hearts is I don’t think they every really gave him a chance further forward. He was always in a defensive midfield role when I saw him play for Hearts.

“I’d like to see him further up the pitch because he makes some good runs. The first time we lost the ball, he was the first one trying to win it back even if it was high up.”

Edit, sorry thought he meant CP.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Who said this? I think DM was the only position we never played CP in. He was a goal-scoring WB/FB, occasional wide mid and occasionally Striker.

Neil warnock re damour

Edited by Newton51

Aussie Jambo

Anymore glamour games?

Hearts v McDonalds drive thru

Hearts v LRT bus drivers. 

Cannae wait. 

tenor.gif

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

Neil warnock re damour

Yeah, just realised my mistake. Can't hurt to try him further up but he's never exactly looked dynamic.

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Pressing further up he said, not a holding midfielder at all also said he had a goal in him. 

Not as if we are flush in midfield not to give him a chance before the window is over 

Would explain a lot, just another guck up by Levein. 
Yeah there’s a place to be had if we can’t get rid of him and he’s fit and raring to go. 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Interesting, definitely not a holding midfielder. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

Anymore glamour games?

Hearts v McDonalds drive thru

Hearts v LRT bus drivers. 

Cannae wait. 

tenor.gif

Hahahahaha I didn’t even know we were playing 😆

9 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

The couple of good games he had under Stendel, he was more advanced

Batistuta87
59 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Good to hear we are scoring. 

Good to GMS keeping his confidence up, he finished last season well. 

Good to see our new boy grabbing a goal and decent for Damour to get game time and play well. 

Means little in prep for the new season overall  but God for match fitness and confidence. 

Just need a couple of whelms to sign now. 

Was a good game for us, decided to take the wee man through to get away from the England game and it was entertaining enough for my 8 quid 🙂

GMS had a good game but was subbed in the 2nd half and limped round to the changing rooms carrying a bag of ice. 

Damour was actually superb. Strolled it. Pinging 40 yard passes, pressing, won the ball back a good few times, scored... I wonder if he's going to get a chance to prove himself or if we're just putting him in the window.

Really encouraged by Hendo as well. Good pace, good attitude, and seems to have gained a bit of confidence and finishing ability. Hopefully he cracks on this season.

The new lad looked lively if maybe a bit out of puff towards the end.

Boyce was on another level to the opposition. Absolutely strolled it. Lovely wee dummy to send the full back through on goal late on. 

Stone looks like a very good keeper and I'm hoping he takes over from Gordon whenever he calls it a day. He didn't have much to do, but when he did have to save a shot or two, he seemed assured and his movements were really quick. 

The young lad at centre back looked quite calm and composed as well, won a few headers and moved the ball around well. Might be one to have around for backup next season. 

Of course it's only Spartans, but we looked well drilled and let's not forget that we lost 1-0 to a team from the same level of the pyramid last season.

Feeling.... Encouraged...? 

Edited by Batistuta87

Guest ToqueJambo
39 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

They're trolls. They don't care about the football, they just want a reaction.

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Was a good game for us, decided to take the wee man through and was entertaining enough.

GMS came off limping with a bag of ice in his hand so must have strained something.

Damour was actually superb. Strolled it. Pinging 40 yard passes, pressing, won the ball back a good few times, scored... I wonder if he's going to get a chance to prove himself or if we're just putting him in the window.

Really encouraged by Hendo as well. Good pace, good attitude, and seems to have gained a bit of confidence and finishing ability. Hopefully he cracks on this season.

The new lad looked lively if maybe a bit out of puff towards the end.

Boyce was on another level to the opposition. Absolutely strolled it.

Stone looks like a very good keeper and I'm hoping he takes over from Gordon whenever he calls it a day.

The young lad at centre back looked quite calm and composed as well, won a few headers and moved the ball around well. 

Of course it's only Spartans, but we looked well drilled and let's not forget that we lost 1-0 to a team from the same level of the pyramid last season.

Feeling.... Encouraged...? 

It's ages since we brought through a decent centre back. 15 years ago with Berra? Jordan McGhee and Dylan McGowan never quite cut it in that position. If we can finally bring a CB and striker (although the might be asking for a bit much) through that would be very encouraging. 

Rogue Daddy
39 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

If Loic is fit, motivated and is willing to fight for a place in the team then fair do's and if he was genuinely injured last season then ia'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Happy for him to prove us all wrong if he can. 

Yeah, I’d agree with that. It’s a strange one, certainly! His last competitive game for us was against the hobos when we pumped them at the methadome, and I thought he had a good game. 

2 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Yeah, I’d agree with that. It’s a strange one, certainly! His last competitive game for us was against the hobos when we pumped them at the methadome, and I thought he had a good game. 

Nope he played v st Mirren in that game 

Batistuta87
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

It's ages since we brought through a decent centre back. 15 years ago with Berra? Jordan McGhee and Dylan McGowan never quite cut it in that position. If we can finally bring a CB and striker (although the might be asking for a bit much) through that would be very encouraging. 

Mate that would be amazing - it would solve two immediate problems without having to enter the transfer market and would give us some hope long term. Need to see more of the lad at CB but he played better than Popescu. I really hope Hendo gets his chance this season - would love for him to be key for us. He's a good lad. 

Rogue Daddy
2 minutes ago, ericb said:

Nope he played v st Mirren in that game 

👍my mistake! Still done ok at fester road. 

1 hour ago, Barack said:

You'd swear GMS was suffering from some wasting disease.

Must haunt his own house. :lol:

Screenshot_20210629-213014_Twitter.jpg

Would make a great gif that pic lol

What shop window do people think Loic Damour was in tonight? 

Agents and scouts queuing up for entry to Ainslie Park in late June?

heartsfc_fan

Who are the 5 meant to be isolating? Neilson is one. Any players?

No Halkett or Stewart v Linlithgow but featured this evening.

Hungry hippo
2 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Someone said it was one U18 and 4 non playing staff. I can't remember who posted that but they seemed very sure and it wasn't a poster I have on ignore which is a decent sign that they don't normally post nonsense.

4 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Alot off our support would say Halkett has been isolating and social distancing for the last 18 months 

6 minutes ago, Boghell51 said:

Alot off our support would say Halkett has been isolating and social distancing for the last 18 months 

would they really?

51 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

He had a great game v Hibs and v Rangers. Clearly capable. 

Proper Hearts man saying he didn't realise Hearts were playing two games tonight to keep up his pretence 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤣🤣