Pre Season Friendlies 2021/22

Footballfirst

Footballfirst

I've noted the first references to a couple friendly games against Linlithgow Rose (end June) and Whitehill Welfare (3rd July). It will likely be a Hearts youth/development side in both games.

https://www.midlothianadvertiser.co.uk/sport/football/hearts/hearts-to-visit-whitehill-welfare-for-pre-season-friendly-3209218 

It should be possible to attend these games as Scotland drops through the Levels framework.

Level 2 (from 17 May) - Max outdoors seated - 500, free standing - 250

Level 1 (early June) - Max outdoors seated - 1,000, free standing - 500

Level 0 (late June) - Max outdoors seated - 2,000, free standing - 1,000

Italian Lambretta

Im not expecting any decent away trips it will be the same as the last 3 years over to Fife and back again.

I suspect Herr Levein will be working on the details at the moment and will be in touch with the Head of Football Frau Budge in due course.

Preston Jambo

Hearts playing Berwick Rangers at Shielfield on the 25th June .

First home game for me since PNE in 2006!!

Might go along and see Danny Graingers team as well.

📅 | The club is pleased to confirm its plans for pre-season with fixtures set to take place at Shielfield Park against HeartofMidlothianFCNorth Shields FC and Workington AFC Official
Hospitality bookings for our fixture against Hearts on Friday 25th June (7pm KO) are now available at £30pp. To book, please contact [email protected]
Further information on the friendlies, including dates and kick-off times can be seen below.
More 👇
May be an image of text that says 'CLUB UPDATE ស 越乐 ONE TEAM YOUR TEAM DREAM TEAM BERWICK RANGERS FOOTBALL CLUB'

40 minutes ago, Preston Jambo said:

Hearts playing Berwick Rangers at Shielfield on the 25th June .

First home game for me since PNE in 2006!!

Might go along and see Danny Graingers team as well.

📅 | The club is pleased to confirm its plans for pre-season with fixtures set to take place at Shielfield Park against HeartofMidlothianFCNorth Shields FC and Workington AFC Official
Hospitality bookings for our fixture against Hearts on Friday 25th June (7pm KO) are now available at £30pp. To book, please contact [email protected]
Further information on the friendlies, including dates and kick-off times can be seen below.
More 👇
May be an image of text that says 'CLUB UPDATE ស 越乐 ONE TEAM YOUR TEAM DREAM TEAM BERWICK RANGERS FOOTBALL CLUB'

Would be great to get a day out in Berwick for that assuming we're allowed back in by then. 

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, Locky said:

Would be great to get a day out in Berwick for that assuming we're allowed back in by then. 

You will  almost certainly be OK.  England looks as if it will be a bit ahead of Scotland in that regard.

30 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

You will  almost certainly be OK.  England looks as if it will be a bit ahead of Scotland in that regard.

That was my other thought though. Do BRFC, as a club in an English town follow their rules, or as a club in the Scottish leagues follow our rules? 

8 hours ago, Locky said:

That was my other thought though. Do BRFC, as a club in an English town follow their rules, or as a club in the Scottish leagues follow our rules? 

They are bound by the SFA's and the Lowland League's football rules, but as far as the law of the land goes it's whatever goes in England, e.g their pubs, shops, social distancing etc. will be the English rules at the time.

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

They are bound by the SFA's and the Lowland League's football rules, but as far as the law of the land goes it's whatever goes in England, e.g their pubs, shops, social distancing etc. will be the English rules at the time.

Nice one, cheers FF.

Doing my annual pre-season wish list.

Peterborough away would be nice 😉

Although, I would be surprised if we have any games outside of Scotland, even if freely being able to travel/crowds admitted are allowed

45 minutes ago, sandyk said:

Doing my annual pre-season wish list.

Peterborough away would be nice 😉

Although, I would be surprised if we have any games outside of Scotland, even if freely being able to travel/crowds admitted are allowed

Neilson has stated they are planning a training base in the north of England with a couple of games being included

12 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Neilson has stated they are planning a training base in the north of England with a couple of games being included

Cool, missed that.  Anywhere on the east coast line would be good :)

Already booked in for the berwick 'home' game for me haha. 

Would have to ask the club but pretty sure you can get a beer at the club house and sip it during the spectacle. 

If not nearest pub is angel Inn about a 5 minute walk to the ground. Theirs a chineese and chippy 2 mins away aswell. 

Plus plenty of pubs along the way in berwick itself. 

Curfew micropub is the pick. Also new venue down hide hill called limoncello. 

Opposite premier Inn along with a night club just up the way if your are staying over 

36 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

York away would be a nice compromise

I'd take that!  Great day out is York too 🍺🍺

2 hours ago, Restonbabe said:

Already booked in for the berwick 'home' game for me haha. 

Would have to ask the club but pretty sure you can get a beer at the club house and sip it during the spectacle. 

If not nearest pub is angel Inn about a 5 minute walk to the ground. Theirs a chineese and chippy 2 mins away aswell. 

Plus plenty of pubs along the way in berwick itself. 

Curfew micropub is the pick. Also new venue down hide hill called limoncello. 

Opposite premier Inn along with a night club just up the way if your are staying over 

The Berwick game sounds a great day / night out. I like Berwick, nice wee town. Not been there since we beat them 5-0 in 1996. Just checked London Hearts and the attendance was 1,159.

Could be more than that this time as we're all gagging on a day out and a match!

I'm up for this. 

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

York away would be a nice compromise

Aw man, I'd kill for a day out in York followed by a Hearts game. Quick trip to the railway museum to see the Hearts supporting director and a few pints!

9 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Aw man, I'd kill for a day out in York followed by a Hearts game. Quick trip to the railway museum to see the Hearts supporting director and a few pints!

Hearts supporting director?

23 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Hearts supporting director?

Yeah, director and head curator is a mate since school days (Porty high) and a good Hearts man. 

Practically a home game for me. If allowed in, could be train jaunt and wee Berwick sesh before game.. wonder what The Assessor is up to that day..

Malinga the Swinga
On 30/04/2021 at 12:35, Italian Lambretta said:

Im not expecting any decent away trips it will be the same as the last 3 years over to Fife and back again.

I suspect Herr Levein will be working on the details at the moment and will be in touch with the Head of Football Frau Budge in due course.

Why would you expect that? Levein has left club. 

Why Frau Budge instead of Mrs Budge? 

Are you trying to be funny or are you just a simpleton?

7 hours ago, brawlad74 said:

Practically a home game for me. If allowed in, could be train jaunt and wee Berwick sesh before game.. wonder what The Assessor is up to that day..

Count me in brawlad, not far up on train and a few cans consumed.

Puzzled why level 0 has restrictions. Seems a bit ridiculous. That could be kept there indefinitely to the detriment of many. 

Level 5 to 1 I get but level 0 seems like a contentious thing to come 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Puzzled why level 0 has restrictions. Seems a bit ridiculous. That could be kept there indefinitely to the detriment of many. 

Level 5 to 1 I get but level 0 seems like a contentious thing to come 

It might be if they hadn’t said that we should be below level 0 in July, -1 perhaps like it is now 🥶

Pasquale for King
11 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

Yeah, director and head curator is a mate since school days (Porty high) and a good Hearts man. 

Who is that BB?

No way am I flying over 1st class to a pre season game in Berwick.  Pretty sure I'm boycotting them after the way they voted.

Footballfirst
4 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

No way am I flying over 1st class to a pre season game in Berwick.  Pretty sure I'm boycotting them after the way they voted.

They didn't have a vote as they were in the Lowland League at that point.