Kyle Lafferty

Gary Locke

Greedy Jambo
Years Team Apps (Gls)
1999–2002 Hradec Králové 37 (8)
2002–2003 Slavia Prague 57 (13)
2003–2006 Marseille 20 (1)
2004–2005  Panathinaikos (loan) 16 (1)
2005–2006  Heart of Midlothian (loan) 35 (16)
2006–2009 Southampton 83 (5)
2008  Hertha BSC (loan) 16 (2)
2009 Slavia Prague 5 (3)
2010 Larissa 7 (0)
2010–2012 Heart of Midlothian 58 (25)
2012–2013 Dundee United 14 (1)
2013 Slavia Prague 5 (0)
2015–2016 Mladá Boleslav 2 (0)
2016–2017 Raith Rovers 24 (0)
2017–2019 1. FK Příbram 43 (5)

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• been here before

• Shaggy2

• sadj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Greedy Jambo

Some absolute statistical clueless arse holes on here. 

If you want to talk about stats, pm tosh. He'll tell you all you need to know about nothing. 

Edited by Greedy Jambo

2 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

In what way is he a better player though? Is it purely the goals, or are you taking into account all round play? Gnanduillet has not played 90 minutes of every game but has 5 in 12 (almost 1 every 2) and assists - Lafferty infamously never provided one assist in a Hearts shirt. Hold up play, heading, defensive work? What is it that makes him a better player?

I’m not sure either way by the way. Gnanduillet came in after months of not playing and is probably still not 100% fit, but despite that and playing in a team bereft of confidence and not playing well, his record is decent to say the least.

Lafferty or Gnanduillet? A guy that has managed to turn Killie around?. 

His goals with us which in my opinion, was the difference in keeping us up, under Levein. 

The fact he is scoring goals in the division above. 

On 22/04/2021 at 06:14, been here before said:

In the 2 and a half years since leaving us prior to signing for Killie, Lafferty played 48 games for 4 different teams and scored a whopping 8 goals.

Even adding in his recent exploits its 18 in 56.

Granted he's hit form for Killie just now but its hardly the pedigree to get worked up about.

There's a bizarre fascination on here about ex players coming back.

Maybe Scottish football is where he plays his best. After all, It has happened with a few other players. 

Listen, I don't really care if we sign him or not, but if he wants to come to Hearts, maybe we could at least have the conversation and iron out any grubbles from both parties, if there is any. 

We could do with the experience when we go back up, even if only for 1 or 2 years. 

Edited by ri Alban

BackOfTheNet
6 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Lafferty or Gnanduillet? A guy that has managed to turn Killie around?. 

His goals with us which in my opinion, was the difference in keeping us up, under Levein. 

The fact he is scoring goals in the division above. 

So you’re basing your opinion on what Lafferty did with us before (understandable, but was 3 years ago) and what he’s doing with Killie now (again, understandable) and comparing it with what Gnanduillet has done in 12 (not all full 90 minute) games since joining less than 3 months ago. A player who had not played for a few months at that point due to the pandemic and is getting used to a different country’s style of football (yes he played in England but not the same). You’re also comparing Lafferty under Levein and Wright compared to Gnanduillet under Neilson.

Dunno about you but I’d say Gnanduillet deserves more time to show whether or not he was the right signing choice. We won the league, and would have won it with or without either of them, so the real test starts next season. What Gnanduillet has going for him is his age means he can keep going for us for a few seasons yet should all parties agree to that. What he has going against him is Neilson’s style of play and naive tactical awareness.

Just think it’s an odd comparison to make, especially when we aren’t in a short sighted market right now where we can’t look past this season. Next season will be different, we could be in danger in my opinion if we don’t change management, but we still have to have a signing policy that is based on the future as well as now. A 34/35 year old striker by the end of next season wouldn’t be it.

Lafferty may well have helped us off bottom last season but let's not forget he dropped us at first chance.  I get that he needed the money but it didn't exactly help his career.  

Forever Hearts
5 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

Lafferty may well have helped us off bottom last season but let's not forget he dropped us at first chance.  I get that he needed the money but it didn't exactly help his career.  

He didn't leave for more money. 

Just now, Forever Hearts said:

He didn't leave for more money. 

I'm sure he did due to his on going gambling debts.  

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, TexasAndy said:

He said himself that he was on more money at Hearts than he was at Rangers. He left because he wanted to play for the club he supported as a kid. 

2 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

It really isn't. 😂

Obtuse aint ya.

Lets beg to differ on what you implied because tbh your history doesnt suggest theres much point trying to explain anything

4 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

Nah much as Forever Hearts is 🤯 he is correct about that , well sort of😉. What he maybe didn’t mention is the fact that the deal KL signed meant first season a higher wage to bridge the diff between what he had been getting and a more normal amount up here. The second year was greatly reduced terms. So the wage at Ibrox wouldn’t have been much different or maybe would have been higher than the second year here. 

Forever Hearts
19 minutes ago, sadj said:

Obtuse aint ya.

Lets beg to differ on what you implied because tbh your history doesnt suggest theres much point trying to explain anything

Ok, I'll humour you. In my 45 years of watching Hearts I've seen us win THREE trophies. Why, in the name of God, would I assume that one of the worst Hearts teams in that 45 years would win the Scottish Cup just because we signed Kyle Lafferty? 

Edited by Forever Hearts

12 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Ok, I'll humour you. In my 45 years of watching Hearts I've seen us win THREE trophies. Why, in the name of God, would I assume that one of the worst Hearts teams in that 45 years would win the Scottish Cup just because we signed Kyle Lafferty? 

Oooh come on now... You can't add a little perspective to the conversation.

been here before
2 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

You've been arguing this for 3 days now. :lol:

Give it up man, he's gone, he's not coming back.

Forever Hearts
35 minutes ago, been here before said:

You've been arguing this for 3 days now. :lol:

Give it up man, he's gone, he's not coming back.

I didn't think he would be coming. After all, he scores goals. 

been here before
22 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I didn't think he would be coming. After all, he scores goals. 

Only under certain strict criterea and if you ignore the stuff that doesnt suit.

But... regardless... its time...

unnamed.jpg.ff52ee969d10f8cae0b27849abf29d42.jpg

Forever Hearts
27 minutes ago, been here before said:

Only under certain strict criterea and if you ignore the stuff that doesnt suit.

But... regardless... its time...

unnamed.jpg.ff52ee969d10f8cae0b27849abf29d42.jpg

Maybe you should do the same? 

Byyy The Light

Scored a superb free kick for Hearts in front of 30,000 and didn’t celebrate.

Dropped us as soon as Rangers flashed their shitestained y fronts at him. 

Was a bawbag when he came back to Tynecastle with Rangers.

He can get to **** in my eyes. 

7 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

So you’re basing your opinion on what Lafferty did with us before (understandable, but was 3 years ago) and what he’s doing with Killie now (again, understandable) and comparing it with what Gnanduillet has done in 12 (not all full 90 minute) games since joining less than 3 months ago. A player who had not played for a few months at that point due to the pandemic and is getting used to a different country’s style of football (yes he played in England but not the same). You’re also comparing Lafferty under Levein and Wright compared to Gnanduillet under Neilson.

Dunno about you but I’d say Gnanduillet deserves more time to show whether or not he was the right signing choice. We won the league, and would have won it with or without either of them, so the real test starts next season. What Gnanduillet has going for him is his age means he can keep going for us for a few seasons yet should all parties agree to that. What he has going against him is Neilson’s style of play and naive tactical awareness.

Just think it’s an odd comparison to make, especially when we aren’t in a short sighted market right now where we can’t look past this season. Next season will be different, we could be in danger in my opinion if we don’t change management, but we still have to have a signing policy that is based on the future as well as now. A 34/35 year old striker by the end of next season wouldn’t be it.

Lafferty would bring in the experience of being an international player, that he has done it for his country. 

And a player like armand could only dream of winning the league, Lafferty has done that. 

An another thing i will add Lafferty is a shirt seller, in fact when he was at the club, he was best shirt seller 😉

Hearts need 4 strikers for the Scottish Premiership, Boyce has no competition, but with Lafferty he would. 

People complain about Naismiths first touch, did you see armands on Tuesday 😂

Jamstomorrow
On 21/04/2021 at 21:01, 1971fozzy said:

And some folk here thought we shouldn’t sign him 🤣🤣🤣 .

jesus wept

Plenty on here thought we should not sign Craig Gordon.

49 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Who said we shouldn’t sign gordon? Also a big difference between Craig Gordon and Kyle Lafferty

A_A wehatethehibs

I took absolute pelters in the Jan window thread for suggesting he would have been a good signing. All the usual "no thanks" and "no ta" absolute roasters. 

I am gutted and unsurprised at the club, that a striker of that quality walked right up to our door step who we sold for 500k just 2 seasons ago, walked right back to us on a free transfer and we never even bothered to try and get him.

The best player of the Budge era and biggest mistake of the Levein era to sell him without adequate replacement. And typical of the clown show not to bring him back on a free. Certainly the best since Paterson and Sow left of that there's no doubt. Naismith had moments but so long on the treatment table. Maybe Boyce can write his name up there as the best next season. Would be a perfect time for him to step up and have a career best season 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

A_A wehatethehibs
6 minutes ago, sadj said:

Who said we shouldn’t sign gordon? Also a big difference between Craig Gordon and Kyle Lafferty

Not that big a difference between them quality wise. Both top top proven quality in terms of the Scottish game. 

4 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Not that big a difference between them quality wise. Both top top proven quality in terms of the Scottish game. 

Not a lot of difference? I think Gordon is far superior in terms of quality and professionalism. Opinions i guess 👍🏻

A_A wehatethehibs
13 minutes ago, sadj said:

Not a lot of difference? I think Gordon is far superior in terms of quality and professionalism. Opinions i guess 👍🏻

You exaggerate as if there's a colossal gulf. There isn't. Gordon shades it for being more of a model pro. But they're both in the same bracket as SPL performers, competitors, Lafferty is right up there with the likes of Craig Gordon in his on the pitch performances in the SPL over his career. And on the pitch is all that matters. Both would be in Hearts team of the decade comfortably. 

19 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I think he has the attributes to play well in the Premiership. In fact playing to his strengths could see him get anywhere between 10-15 goals I would say. He’d need to play in a proper system with a tactically astute manager for that to happen though. Also he and Boyce still seem to be disconnected and haven’t quite formed a partnership yet. Good news is he’s 29 so effective in his prime and we’re seeing him at a time where he hadn’t played much. So maybe with a pre-season and getting used to his teammates he’ll step up a notch (not that he hasn’t been good as it is, his record is just under 1 goal every 2 games).

🤞🏻Thank you 🤞🏻

43 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

You exaggerate as if there's a colossal gulf. There isn't. Gordon shades it for being more of a model pro. But they're both in the same bracket as SPL performers, competitors, Lafferty is right up there with the likes of Craig Gordon in his on the pitch performances in the SPL over his career. And on the pitch is all that matters. Both would be in Hearts team of the decade comfortably. 

Pedant alert - Gordon didn’t play for Hearts in the same decade as Lafferty in the way most folk measure decades (2010-2019). Anyway, I’m not too sure a team of the decade spot would be that comfortable in Lafferty’s case. Sow would run him close if you were going with a lanky striker. I would also play Naismith as striker if I was picking him from 2017/18. How many games do you have to play to qualify? Beattie would also be seriously considered for my main striker. His link up play with Skacel, who definitely would be a comfortable pick, was magnificent. 

BackOfTheNet
2 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Lafferty would bring in the experience of being an international player, that he has done it for his country. 

And a player like armand could only dream of winning the league, Lafferty has done that. 

An another thing i will add Lafferty is a shirt seller, in fact when he was at the club, he was best shirt seller 😉

Hearts need 4 strikers for the Scottish Premiership, Boyce has no competition, but with Lafferty he would. 

People complain about Naismiths first touch, did you see armands on Tuesday 😂

Will have to agree to disagree on this one. I just don’t think he’s what we need. To succeed we need a team, he is in no way shape or form a team player. He succeeded when we were mediocre as he’s doing with Kilmarnock and as he did back in the day with N. Ireland. I think we should aim higher than him. Not saying Gnanduillet is the highest calibre but genuinely believe he has what it takes to become a success in the Premiership and he has years ahead of him to prove that.

Listening to Sportsound talking about Aberdeen v Dundee Utd this weekend. Didn’t realise Wednesday’s hat trick was against Dundee Utd reserves. Seven changes, nothing to play for. Remember Ryan Stevenson did similar to Killie but Budge (Levein) didn’t want him for the next season due to potential squad unrest his influence may have caused. Lafferty has nae chance of being a Jambo again. 

Toxteth O'Grady
5 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Listening to Sportsound talking about Aberdeen v Dundee Utd this weekend. Didn’t realise Wednesday’s hat trick was against Dundee Utd reserves. Seven changes, nothing to play for. Remember Ryan Stevenson did similar to Killie but Budge (Levein) didn’t want him for the next season due to potential squad unrest his influence may have caused. Lafferty has nae chance of being a Jambo again. 

Yup he isnt bland enough

10 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

He said himself that he was on more money at Hearts than he was at Rangers. He left because he wanted to play for the club he supported as a kid. 

He had already played for Rangers before he jumped ship when they went bust. (Like a flash, anaw) 

Forever Hearts
9 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

He had already played for Rangers before he jumped ship when they went bust. (Like a flash, anaw) 

Yes, and guess what? He wanted to play for them again. 

1 hour ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Yup he isnt bland enough

No, it’s cos he was a cock the last time when trying to expedite his departure. I take your point about the club being full of bland shite, though. We could definitely do with a Maverick. 

4 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Will have to agree to disagree on this one. I just don’t think he’s what we need. To succeed we need a team, he is in no way shape or form a team player. He succeeded when we were mediocre as he’s doing with Kilmarnock and as he did back in the day with N. Ireland. I think we should aim higher than him. Not saying Gnanduillet is the highest calibre but genuinely believe he has what it takes to become a success in the Premiership and he has years ahead of him to prove that.

Good post 👍🏻 Too sensible for this thread though 😉🤣

Edited by sadj

6 hours ago, sadj said:

Quite a few on here actually “He bumped us for Celtic”, “He’s finished”, etc

9 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Quite a few on here actually “He bumped us for Celtic”, “He’s finished”, etc

typical of fans. They forget its a career it has limited earning potential in terms of years. As you know you need to follow your ambition and the money for you and your family. Well most do. 

A_A wehatethehibs
11 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

Pedant alert - Gordon didn’t play for Hearts in the same decade as Lafferty in the way most folk measure decades (2010-2019). Anyway, I’m not too sure a team of the decade spot would be that comfortable in Lafferty’s case. Sow would run him close if you were going with a lanky striker. I would also play Naismith as striker if I was picking him from 2017/18. How many games do you have to play to qualify? Beattie would also be seriously considered for my main striker. His link up play with Skacel, who definitely would be a comfortable pick, was magnificent. 

When I say decade I’m talking about the decade that has now passed since that last beloved team which lasted from 2010-2012. I don’t draw a line at decade on 1 jan year 0 of the decade, I think in terms of teams. We’ve seen dreadful players since that time when we had Rudi Beattie etc. So I’m talking about after that team as in Gordon this season. For the impact he has had. I don’t think we’d have got promoted without him. You could maybe put McLaughlin in there but come on. Take big CG with 1 arm ahead of him. Anyway in that context, the highest goal scoring center forward we have had since John Robertson, the 7 foot Hammer of Celtic, is definitely in. As for Sow well for me he is just another hard luck story that makes me hate those in charge of the club. Could’ve easily hit the heights if we hadn’t sold him mid season  This was what i hoped fan ownership would help us to stop. Selling your best most irreplaceable player in a January window on the eve of the cup derby? Maybe for £10m not for £1m.  Still pisses me off to this day. And that was the moment I started to turn on Levein. Would rather have just let Sow walk for free at the end of that season. He never even wanted to go to ****ing China. And the same with Laff by the way. I’d have told Rangers to ram their money and Laff to suck it up he’s staying. Vlad style. And then it would’ve been him coming on for the injured Naismith at Murrayfield instead of Danny Amankwaa. The one lesson the club should’ve learned over the last decade. You gain absolutely nothing when you sell a talisman for a few quid. You ruin a team. So only silly silly money is worth it. As in multi millions. See if Boyce is unreal next season, top of the charts, flying form and a £500k or even £1m offer comes in January? Get it punted into touch, and tell him he’s under contract and staying here till 2023 end of. 

Anyway Laff back in is a fantastic option if a deal can be done. The fans would be delighted. For that reason there’s no way Neilson would do it he will feel Gbaduillet and Henderson are better. Delusional. 

1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

When I say decade I’m talking about the decade that has now passed since that last beloved team which lasted from 2010-2012. I don’t draw a line at decade on 1 jan year 0 of the decade, I think in terms of teams. We’ve seen dreadful players since that time when we had Rudi Beattie etc. So I’m talking about after that team as in Gordon this season. For the impact he has had. I don’t think we’d have got promoted without him. You could maybe put McLaughlin in there but come on. Take big CG with 1 arm ahead of him. Anyway in that context, the highest goal scoring center forward we have had since John Robertson, the 7 foot Hammer of Celtic, is definitely in. As for Sow well for me he is just another hard luck story that makes me hate those in charge of the club. Could’ve easily hit the heights if we hadn’t sold him mid season  This was what i hoped fan ownership would help us to stop. Selling your best most irreplaceable player in a January window on the eve of the cup derby? Maybe for £10m not for £1m.  Still pisses me off to this day. And that was the moment I started to turn on Levein. Would rather have just let Sow walk for free at the end of that season. He never even wanted to go to ****ing China. And the same with Laff by the way. I’d have told Rangers to ram their money and Laff to suck it up he’s staying. Vlad style. And then it would’ve been him coming on for the injured Naismith at Murrayfield instead of Danny Amankwaa. The one lesson the club should’ve learned over the last decade. You gain absolutely nothing when you sell a talisman for a few quid. You ruin a team. So only silly silly money is worth it. As in multi millions. See if Boyce is unreal next season, top of the charts, flying form and a £500k or even £1m offer comes in January? Get it punted into touch, and tell him he’s under contract and staying here till 2023 end of. 

Anyway Laff back in is a fantastic option if a deal can be done. The fans would be delighted. For that reason there’s no way Neilson would do it he will feel Gbaduillet and Henderson are better. Delusional. 

You might not believe me, but I agree with (almost) all of what you say, especially the bit about Sow being sold immediately before a cup derby. If we’d been playing Rangers or Celtic and the media released the inevitable story about him wanting to join one of them we’d be going batshit crazy, or if you’re my age you’d be sighing and rolling your eyes. Remember Hibs sold Gary O’Connor just before the 2006 semi and that worked out well for them. That was us in 2016. 
The only bit about your post I’m not sure of is the ability to tell Lafferty he was staying. It worked in 2005 with Paul Hartley but I reiterate that Lafferty was an absolute cock in those talks and used underhand tactics with Budge to ensure the move went through. That’s the main reason she is pulling rank and he’s never returned. 

Tommy Brown
21 hours ago, Jamstomorrow said:

I could dig out the thread after rudi returne, that would embarrass a few

Jamstomorrow
On 23/04/2021 at 16:35, sadj said:

Plenty on here, that's who!

Fxxx the SPFL
13 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

The bigot brigade would love him him back not for me i'm afraid imo

Forever Hearts
4 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:

We're good enough without him. Who needs big goals?

5 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:

No I want a striker that can challenge Boyce and 10 goals in 8 games suggests to me he can. 

If lafferty can last a full game and Naismith can't, Robbie has drained Naismiths confidence that much he's starting to believe he's finished. 

The guy that come on against hibs in the semi and changed things, now believes he might be finished. 

And that's with him looking after himself 😂