Kyle Lafferty

Gary Locke

Fitzroy Pointon
1 hour ago, poultry said:

Is his contract up in the summer ? If so we should move for him.

He's only on a short term contract at Killie but Tommy Wright said last night that he wants to sign him at the end of the season. 

He might be 33 now but I would have no problem with giving him a years contract. I'm convinced he would be in double figures by the end of the season of we did. 

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• been here before

• Shaggy2

• sadj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Forever Hearts
32 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Think it’s six league goals for Killie, two of them pens. That’s four open play goals in three months. Not exactly setting the Heather in fire. Think all his goals against bottom six clubs. Hasn’t scored against a top six club for them. 

He signed in mid February, so it's hardly three months. And is there a reason why you're not including his cup goals? They might just have came in handy against Brora and Alloa. 

Forever Hearts
25 minutes ago, been here before said:

So you're saying that in your opinion Hearts should only be signing players who have done well in Scotland?

Not only. But a proven track record in the league we are playing in would be a start. 

Forever Hearts
37 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Think it’s six league goals for Killie, two of them pens. That’s four open play goals in three months. Not exactly setting the Heather in fire. Think all his goals against bottom six clubs. Hasn’t scored against a top six club for them. 

How many top six sides has he played against since he joined Kilmarnock? 

heartmussel

64 years old,scored a cracking header in the park with my grandson last night,could still do a job? Let’s move on from all this  bring them back nonsense.Let’s move on and learn from our past mistakes.

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, heartmussel said:

64 years old,scored a cracking header in the park with my grandson last night,could still do a job? Let’s move on from all this  bring them back nonsense.Let’s move on and learn from our past mistakes.

Aye, who needs goals in this outstanding Hearts team? We're fine as we are. 

6 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

He signed in mid February, so it's hardly three months. And is there a reason why you're not including his cup goals? They might just have came in handy against Brora and Alloa. 

He was on international duty when we played Brora. God knows what he was doing when we played Alloa. Didn’t he play in the loss to Peterhead?

Just playing Devil’s Advocate here as I like him as a player. However, I’ll reiterate he won’t sign for Hearts again under the current owner. He upset her enough that she won’t touch him with a barge pole. It’s not like it would have been hard to bring him back.

been here before
6 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Not only. But a proven track record in the league we are playing in would be a start. 

You're all over the shop with this.

You're basing your opinion on his last few weeks at Killie and a season he had 3 years ago.

The fact he's done **** all in between counts for nothing according to you as you "couldnt care what he's done elsewhere" unless that elsewhere is Kilmarnock.

:rofl:

****in hell!

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, been here before said:

You're all over the shop with this.

You're basing your opinion on his last few weeks at Killie and a season he had 3 years ago.

The fact he's done **** all in between counts for nothing according to you as you "couldnt care what he's done elsewhere" unless that elsewhere is Kilmarnock.

:rofl:

****in hell!

Second spell at Rangers aside, he's a proven goalscorer in Scotland. Try and understand that.👍

10 goals in 6 games according to the commentator, BBC highlights. Wonder why we didn't look at him again. Pretty sure he would have preferred our playing surface to Killie.

been here before
2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Second spell at Rangers aside, he's a proven goalscorer in Scotland. Try and understand that.👍

So now not only are his wanderings outwith Scotland to be disgarded but also his last stint in Scotland doesnt count either.

Forever Hearts

So now not only are his wanderings outwith Scotland to be disgarded but also his last stint in Scotland doesnt count either.

By his own admission, he didn't apply himself properly at Rangers in his second spell and there's probably reasons for that. Some justified, some not. But hey, we're flying at the moment and banging the goals in so who needs Kyle Lafferty and his hattricks? 🙄

Can’t wait til McInnes comes in and signs three Stocktons and Curtis Main and they are all hailed as amazing and we should have signed them years ago

been here before
8 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

By his own admission, he didn't apply himself properly at Rangers in his second spell and there's probably reasons for that. Some justified, some not. But hey, we're flying at the moment and banging the goals in so who needs Kyle Lafferty and his hattricks? 🙄

Cannae be arsed applying himself properly for his boyhood club but aye 2 hat tricks in 3 years.

Only one more than Craig Whighton.

Edited by been here before

Forever Hearts
4 minutes ago, been here before said:

Cannae be arsed applying himself properly for his boyhood club but aye 2 hat tricks in 3 years.

Only one more than Craig Whighton.

How many have we scored in the diddy league this season? 

been here before
3 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

How many have we scored in the diddy league this season? 

To of my head...

Naismith

Boyce

Wighton

Is this your latest criteria now, only hatricks count? SIngle goals, doubles, penalties no longer matter?

So its not about what he's done elsewhere, its only about what he's done if that elsewhere is Killie, its only about Scotland, but not only Scotland but his last stint at Rangers doesnt count. 

And now the only goals that matter are hat tricks?

A fair summary so far?

12 hours ago, Morgan said:

If it’s ok with you, we could ‘look forward’ to next season knowing that our centre-forward might, just might, score a fair amount of goals.

Is that enough ‘forward thinking’ for you?

If we had a forward thinking manager possibly if you believe Lafferty is a solution to our problems then enjoy next season pretty sure I won't 

Forever Hearts
18 minutes ago, been here before said:

To of my head...

Naismith

Boyce

Wighton

Is this your latest criteria now, only hatricks count? SIngle goals, doubles, penalties no longer matter?

So its not about what he's done elsewhere, its only about what he's done if that elsewhere is Killie, its only about Scotland, but not only Scotland but his last stint at Rangers doesnt count. 

And now the only goals that matter are hat tricks?

A fair summary so far?

What on earth are you slavering about? 😂 I've said (apart from his second spell at Rangers) he's a proven goalscorer in Scotland. 

been here before
9 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

What on earth are you slavering about? 😂 I've said (apart from his second spell at Rangers) he's a proven goalscorer in Scotland. 

Apart from....

'See if you dont count this... see if you ignore that... see apart from that...'

Thats your whole argument for wanting to sign him. :lol:

Forever Hearts

Apart from....

'See if you dont count this... see if you ignore that... see apart from that...'

Thats your whole argument for wanting to sign him. :lol:

Apart from the fact that it's not. 👍

heartmussel
2 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Goals are there,team badly set up.

heartmussel
2 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

We’ve won the league without Lafferty,a shambles of a season recruitment wise so let’s move on.

Fxxx the SPFL
14 hours ago, Restonbabe said:

Banging them in for fun at killie. 

Spfl definitely is his level. We passed up the chance to get him and got gandu instead. 

I know....... 

Reminds me of the John Sutton scenario he hardly scored for us because he got little or no service goes to Motherwell and starts banging them in. Big Nando could do the same for us but he is hardly getting a kick of the ball at the moment and again it's down to service or lack of. 

been here before
16 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Reminds me of the John Sutton scenario he hardly scored for us because he got little or no service goes to Motherwell and starts banging them in. Big Nando could do the same for us but he is hardly getting a kick of the ball at the moment and again it's down to service or lack of. 

And if you use the 'Doesnt matter what he's done elsewhere' and the 'see if you dont count that' criteria he has a better scoring average in Scottish football than Kyle Lafferty

Just shy of a goal every 2 games.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

His goals last night were scored from attacking play and cross balls by others.

He didn’t make any goals himself.

How would he improve us if our players can’t create opportunities for him?

Forever Hearts
23 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

His goals last night were scored from attacking play and cross balls by others.

He didn’t make any goals himself.

How would he improve us if our players can’t create opportunities for him?

Buy players who will create opportunities for him? 

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, heartmussel said:

We’ve won the league without Lafferty,a shambles of a season recruitment wise so let’s move on.

And the cups? 

Forever Hearts
Just now, sadj said:

So if wed signed Laff , wed have won the cups? 

I don't think I said that? But he might have found the net against Brora or Alloa. 

1 hour ago, Sertse said:

The fact he scores goals, the fans like him and he's a little bit controversial means it'll be a big fat no from Budge

He’s earned that no from Budge. She was in charge when he signed previously. He didn’t just become controversial at 30. 

2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I don't think I said that? But he might have found the net against Brora or Alloa. 

For the second time, he was with Northern Ireland on international duty when we played Brora.

Forever Hearts
5 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

For the second time, he was with Northern Ireland on international duty when we played Brora.

And Alloa? And all the other horrific results we've had this season? 

4 hours ago, heartmussel said:

Harry Cochrane will score a double for Ross County in 2024 and there will be a thread on here raging about how we let him go and we should re-sign him. 

Didn’t Budge say there was one footballing decision she overruled Levein on, with the implication being it was on bringing Lafferty back?

Think that bridge is burned. 

16 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

And Alloa? And all the other horrific results we've had this season? 

No idea. We weren’t actually struggling form wise when we played Alloa. The players we had should have been trusted to get the job done. Unfortunately that is probably the day of things to come. 

Anyway, he’s not coming back because Budge won’t employ him again. He’d definitely have come back but he burnt his own bridges with our owner. You don’t piss off the Big Boss to get out of your job and then expect them to rehire you (could probably put a full stop here in Lafferty’s case) when they’ve already replaced you.

Just now, Shaggy2 said:

No idea. We weren’t actually struggling form wise when we played Alloa. The players we had should have been trusted to get the job done. Unfortunately that is probably the day of things to come. 

Anyway, he’s not coming back because Budge won’t employ him again. He’d definitely have come back but he burnt his own bridges with our owner. You don’t piss off the Big Boss to get out of your job and then expect them to rehire you (could probably put a full stop here in Lafferty’s case) when they’ve already replaced you.

i watched his Open Goal interview and he said that Hearts actually gave him more money than he asked for. He was apparently on less at Rangers when he went back than he was at Hearts. Been a while since i watched it but i'm sure he said he wanted to finish his career at Hearts and the only club he would want to move for was the team he supported. Bit like Berra or Gordon coming back to Hearts for a final hurrah. I'm not complaining. We got him for free and made some decent money out of him. Twenty goals out of him as well. No idea what the problem is with Ann Budge (going by some of the posts on here) but ever since he realised his mistake of going back to Rangers he's wanted back at Hearts. He would've turned down everyone else if we had wanted him.

18 hours ago, Gary Locke said:

Maybe one we should be looking to get signed up for next year... 7 goals in 6 games in all comps before tonight scored another 2 in 40 mins. Guaranteed goals in the spl but I know there was people who were against signing him. Would they change there mind now seeing how many he’s getting at Kilmarnock

I would absolutely have him back. he is a great natural finisher always composed in front of goal, always tries to place ball low and rarely blazes over. Example to kids (and a lot of our current team) on how to finish always seems difficult for defenders to handle with his size and range.

3 minutes ago, jambonian said:

i watched his Open Goal interview and he said that Hearts actually gave him more money than he asked for. He was apparently on less at Rangers when he went back than he was at Hearts. Been a while since i watched it but i'm sure he said he wanted to finish his career at Hearts and the only club he would want to move for was the team he supported. Bit like Berra or Gordon coming back to Hearts for a final hurrah. I'm not complaining. We got him for free and made some decent money out of him. Twenty goals out of him as well. No idea what the problem is with Ann Budge (going by some of the posts on here) but ever since he realised his mistake of going back to Rangers he's wanted back at Hearts. He would've turned down everyone else if we had wanted him.

Kind of all adds weight to the theory that he did something at Hearts that has resulted in the club not wanting him back under any circumstances. He would not have been hard to deal with and it was a no brainer even if we trusted him a tiny wee bit. 
Add that to his cheerleading when they came back from a goal down to beat us 2-1 where he was a bit Elvis like and prompted Berra to call him classless. 
I believe part of the Rangers deal was that Hearts/Budge recouped money they’d paid out on his gambling debts so in real terms his contract was worth more but his take home may have been less. 

When it was talked about the last time he was available i'd read somewhere that he was actually due to come back to Hearts but Berra and Naismith didn't want him here. True or not i don't know but strange if true given his 20 goals for us.

Forever Hearts
6 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Kind of all adds weight to the theory that he did something at Hearts that has resulted in the club not wanting him back under any circumstances. He would not have been hard to deal with and it was a no brainer even if we trusted him a tiny wee bit. 
Add that to his cheerleading when they came back from a goal down to beat us 2-1 where he was a bit Elvis like and prompted Berra to call him classless. 
I believe part of the Rangers deal was that Hearts/Budge recouped money they’d paid out on his gambling debts so in real terms his contract was worth more but his take home may have been less. 

Craig Gordon had an over the top celebration at Tynecastle and Celtic Park when playing against Hearts. We missed a penalty and he was jumping about as if he'd just won the Champions League. And a boyhood Hearts fan to boot. 

2 minutes ago, jambonian said:

When it was talked about the last time he was available i'd read somewhere that he was actually due to come back to Hearts but Berra and Naismith didn't want him here. True or not i don't know but strange if true given his 20 goals for us.

As I’ve said, my understanding is that Budge doesn’t want him near Hearts. She pays the wages and, this season especially, if she wanted him back I doubt Berra and Naismith would have much say.

Just now, Forever Hearts said:

Craig Gordon had an over the top celebration at Tynecastle and Celtic Park when playing against Hearts. We missed a penalty and he was jumping about as if he'd just won the Champions League. And a boyhood Hearts fan to boot. 

I know that. I was at Parkhead and could scarcely believe what I was witnessing. The cheerleading in Lafferty’s case is just a bonus ball if you like and not the main reason, or even close to the main reason he won’t be back. 

Just now, Mighty jam said:

I would absolutely have him back. he is a great natural finisher always composed in front of goal, always tries to place ball low and rarely blazes over. Example to kids (and a lot of our current team) on how to finish always seems difficult for defenders to handle with his size and range.

I saw highlights of Killie's game recently and Lafferty chased his opponent down to the point he panicked, and kicked it back towards his keeper but ended up setting up a Killie player to score instead. Some folk might think Lafferty's a bit of a dick but he always gave his opponents something to think about.

Just now, Forever Hearts said:

Yes, i'd mentioned that previously when the usual mob of Pressley-haters were giving it the usual pish about him but Gordon doing things like that is swept under the carpet, a blind-eye turned. Pressley wasn't even a Hearts fan as a kid.

Edited by jambonian

The reason he didn't re sign has f all to do with Robbie. Budge thinks hearts should be a controversy free company  and any risk with Lafferty isnt worth the reputation of the club. She would far rather see us relegated,  the library is more exciting than the happy clapping club she is forcing us to be.

3 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

You haven’t said it directly but implied it 🙈

So if wed signed him in Feb he’d have scored v Alloa in November and while on duty wi NI he’d have scored against Brora.

**** if only we had signed Gordon he’d have kept the two terrible goals Brora scored out too.

Forever Hearts
12 minutes ago, sadj said:

You haven’t said it directly but implied it 🙈

So if wed signed him in Feb he’d have scored v Alloa in November and while on duty wi NI he’d have scored against Brora.

**** if only we had signed Gordon he’d have kept the two terrible goals Brora scored out too.

I implied that we'd have won the Scottish Cup if we had signed him? Away and don't talk nonsense. 😂

I see let's move forward being repeated. Move forward to what? Does anyone seriously think there is any chance of signing anyone else of that quality? If he were available and willing to come to Hearts it's a no brainer.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
4 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Buy players who will create opportunities for him? 

Wouldn’t that basically just mean we could rely on Boyce to score more goals? 

You’d buy players to build a team around Lafferty?