Kyle Lafferty

Gary Locke

portobellojambo1
1 hour ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Would take him back in a minute, the kind of player we need more of. I get that he rubbed folk the wrong way last time, but at least it meant something to him.

We have a recent history of taking back people who walk out on the club, as per Robbie Neilson.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• been here before

• Shaggy2

• sadj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Gary Locke said:

Maybe one we should be looking to get signed up for next year... 7 goals in 6 games in all comps before tonight scored another 2 in 40 mins. Guaranteed goals in the spl but I know there was people who were against signing him. Would they change there mind now seeing how many he’s getting at Kilmarnock

We missed the boat on that one AGAIN! 😏

In hindsight, he would have probably been a better signing than Gnando, but he's at the tail end of his career now. We need to be looking for the next Kyle Lafferty, not the old one. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
2 hours ago, Tazio said:

Oh and Big Uche scored tonight as well so we can get him back. 

:lol:

heartsfc_fan

I rate the guy but he scurried off to Rangers quick enough.

We've already won the league as it is. Would Lafferty have saved the embarrassment v Brora or made won us the league a couple of games before? Hard to tell.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
2 hours ago, martoon said:

Doesn't have the right character to play for Budge/Neilson's Hearts.

Edgy, a bit of a maverick, likes to attack and scores goals...no thanks.

"Who needs that Robbie"?

"Not us, Ann".

"Another scone, Robbie"?...

:spoton:

Lafferty’s night could have been oh, so different tonight. Was his straight leg, studs up challenge at 0-0 any less dangerous than the one he received a red card for at Pittodrie for us? I don’t think it was. 

2 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

We've already won the league as it is. Would Lafferty have saved the embarrassment v Brora or made won us the league a couple of games before? Hard to tell.

If he’d signed for us and started well, he may have been away with Northern Ireland. Or has he retired from international football?

16 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

:spoton:

It's feckin sickening, bud.

In no way funny, as it's probably not that far from reality.

29 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

In hindsight, he would have probably been a better signing than Gnando, but he's at the tail end of his career now. We need to be looking for the next Kyle Lafferty, not the old one. 

Ah but is he the old Kyle Lafferty or is he the current one? 🤔

I suppose it just shows us all how important man management is.

Tommy Wright consistantly gets the best out of players, I wonder if he has the ability to build them up, they seem to want to run that bit harder, try that much more, feel good about themselves and bust a gut for the team. Wonder if he'd get a tune out of the present mob. 

I wonder if he'd do to Vanacheck what " Levein did? 

Nothing to do with tactics,  formation , systems or analysis, but everything to do with energising the players and them wanting to do it for you the manager. Talent not in doubt !

Hectormasson
39 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Might have won us the Scottish Cup in December though ?

3 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Neilson would just ruin him as he has with every other player under his tenure

Thought Neilson was a gonner, or is that more pish 

Arthur Morgan
31 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Might have won us the Scottish Cup in December though ?

Would have been a nap, imo.

Forever Hearts
7 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Quite clearly remember the majority of us didn’t want him back when it was clear he was available.

Aye, all you experts were bang on with that one.🙄

Forever Hearts
5 hours ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Player in wanting to play for the team he supports shocker! 

johnking123

You all say he would score. But remember who would be coaching him! It all down to coaching and rolls our players have been asked to do.

been here before

In the 2 and a half years since leaving us prior to signing for Killie, Lafferty played 48 games for 4 different teams and scored a whopping 8 goals.

Even adding in his recent exploits its 18 in 56.

Granted he's hit form for Killie just now but its hardly the pedigree to get worked up about.

There's a bizarre fascination on here about ex players coming back.

Forever Hearts
4 minutes ago, been here before said:

In the 2 and a half years since leaving us prior to signing for Killie, Lafferty played 48 games for 4 different teams and scored a whopping 8 goals.

Granted he's hit form for Killie just now but its hardly the pedigree to get worked up about.

Would he improve Hearts?

6 hours ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Wrote this at the time. 
I play for Hearts. Hearts supporter. Bleed maroon. I have to leave through no fault of my own. I have a fairly nomadic career and end up at Dundee Utd......scoring goals for fun. Hearts come back in for me and offer me more money and the chance to work for a huge name in football. Cheers Dundee Utd but I’m out of here. Thanks for the memories.

been here before
7 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Would he improve Hearts?

Im not sure he would.

He's had a good few weeks following over 2 years of nothing.

A good few on here said with great confidence Lafferty was past it. That about sums up the so-called experts on JKB and their knowledge of football.

letsalllaughathobos
10 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Other than games v Celtic, Lafferty barely broke sweat when playing for us. 

The vast majority were happy when he left and didn't want him back. 

He has had good few games with Lillie and now he is messiah. 

No guarantee his efforts would have been same here.

What a load of rubbish, 

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, been here before said:

Im not sure he would.

He's had a good few weeks following over 2 years of nothing.

You honestly don't think an on-form Kyle Lafferty would improve one of the worst Hearts teams in living memory? 

I remember him scoring a goal on the volley that even a very good striker couldn't have scored.  Think it may have been against Celtic.

No way we would want a player of that calibre who wanted to come and who we could have signed for nothing.  Bearing in mind he was terrific when he was here and we made £500,000 from his sale.

Is his contract up in the summer ? If so we should move for him.

Edited by poultry

jamboiain13
11 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Other than games v Celtic, Lafferty barely broke sweat when playing for us. 

The vast majority were happy when he left and didn't want him back. 

He has had good few games with Lillie and now he is messiah. 

No guarantee his efforts would have been same here.

exactly!

been here before
24 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

You honestly don't think an on-form Kyle Lafferty would improve one of the worst Hearts teams in living memory? 

He only seems to have been "on form" for about 3 weeks in the last 2.5 years though.

Whose to say we'd get him on form?

Forever Hearts
3 minutes ago, been here before said:

He only seems to have been "on form" for about 3 weeks in the last 2.5 years though.

Whose to say we'd get him on form?

Sometimes it's about taking a risk. He loved it at Tynecastle and only left because Rangers came calling. Who's to say he wouldn't start banging the goals in again at a club where he was previously happy and successful? 

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, fancy a brew said:

Another 33 year old looking for one last decent pay day before retirement could be the elusive final piece in the jigsaw.

:facepalm:

Or he could get us some much needed goals. 🤔

been here before
4 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Sometimes it's about taking a risk. He loved it at Tynecastle and only left because Rangers came calling. Who's to say he wouldn't start banging the goals in again at a club where he was previously happy and successful? 

And if you were to assess that risk it would suggest he's unlikely to start banging them in again.

SectionDJambo

Our problem is that we aren't attacking quickly enough to create chances. It's not that we're missing loads of chances. 

Lafferty would be doing the same as our current strikers in this Hearts team. Running around waiting for the cross that doesn't come or coming back into his own half to get a touch.

10 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Nandos a good striker that's very good in the air. Not his fault Robbie sets up his team not to cross the ball and the service he gets is so bad he has to continually drop into his own half for a touch. Lafferty would also struggle for goals in our team

Don’t agree 

Forever Hearts
6 minutes ago, been here before said:

And if you were to assess that risk it would suggest he's unlikely to start banging them in again.

Based on what? 

3 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

He'll be 34 at the start of next season. He wasn't renowned for his work rate 3 years ago, I doubt it will have improved. The problem is creating chances rather than taking them, and he couldn't get out the door quick enough last time. 

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but it's a no from me.

Batistuta87
10 hours ago, Morgan said:

🤷🏿‍♂️

What is that supposed to mean?

An expression of frustration 🤷🏻

been here before
9 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Based on what? 

That he's one pretty much **** all since leaving, apart from get 2 years older.

Go back and read the conversation we've just had. The clues are there.

Forever Hearts
3 minutes ago, been here before said:

That he's one pretty much **** all since leaving, apart from get 2 years older.

Go back and read the conversation we've just had. The clues are there.

I couldn't care what he's done elsewhere. 

Forever Hearts
7 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

He'll be 34 at the start of next season. He wasn't renowned for his work rate 3 years ago, I doubt it will have improved. The problem is creating chances rather than taking them, and he couldn't get out the door quick enough last time. 

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but it's a no from me.

Who cares about his work rate or age? Rangers have just pissed the league with a few OAP's in their team. Lafferty's job is to score goals and he managed it the last time he was here and he's still managing it at Kilmarnock. 

been here before
5 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I couldn't care what he's done elsewhere. 

So your criteria of signing players is 'not caring what he's done elsewhere' but you're getting excited over him having a good few weeks at Killie?

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, been here before said:

Don't forget three of those goals were against the mighty Stenhousmuir

Yes, before anyone says it our forwards failed to score against Brora, but it does put a bit of context on his stats

40 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Think it’s six league goals for Killie, two of them pens. That’s four open play goals in three months. Not exactly setting the Heather in fire. Think all his goals against bottom six clubs. Hasn’t scored against a top six club for them. 

13 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Who cares about his work rate or age? Rangers have just pissed the league with a few OAP's in their team. Lafferty's job is to score goals and he managed it the last time he was here and he's still managing it at Kilmarnock. 

Players get worse with age, that's just reality.

As I said everyone is entitled to their opinion, I hope we never get the chance to find out which of us is right.

Forever Hearts
17 minutes ago, been here before said:

So your criteria of signing players is 'not caring what he's done elsewhere' but you're getting excited over him having a good few weeks at Killie?

By elsewhere I meant abroad, not Scotland, where he is currently scoring goals in the league we will be in next season.  

been here before
1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

By elsewhere I meant abroad, not Scotland, where he is currently scoring goals in the league we will be in next season.  

So you're saying that in your opinion Hearts should only be signing players who have done well in Scotland?

mellors1874
12 hours ago, Gary Locke said:

Maybe one we should be looking to get signed up for next year... 7 goals in 6 games in all comps before tonight scored another 2 in 40 mins. Guaranteed goals in the spl but I know there was people who were against signing him. Would they change there mind now seeing how many he’s getting at Kilmarnock

No point as we creat the square root of SFA for out strikers