Alloa and Brechin

rory78

Fozzyonthefence
18 minutes ago, Under the floodlight said:

Mainly Ken Ferguson but. SPFL as well.

Understandable.  The hypocrisy from Ken Ferguson / Brechin between how they behaved / voted last year and what he’s saying now has been astounding. 

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Footballfirst

• Mikey1874

• Fozzyonthefence

• Rogue Daddy

Under the floodlight
33 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Understandable.  The hypocrisy from Ken Ferguson / Brechin between how they behaved / voted last year and what he’s saying now has been astounding. 

Unfortunately he is one of many, need a Wyatt Earp type to hunt them down and red them out.

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Take it rangers aren’t as fussed about it this year. No smoking gun?

They went quiet on everything last year as soon as that charge was dropped against them.  Strange that, almost as if they’d been bribed with that for their continued silence. 

Nookie Bear
2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

They went quiet on everything last year as soon as that charge was dropped against them.  Strange that, almost as if they’d been bribed with that for their continued silence. 

Not sure you can bribe rangers. They basically had zero case and only caused a massive delay that played into the hands of the league. 

So, do clubs get a say on this? Wonder what such as Cowdenbeath would say?  They might be happy to have a Derby potentially. We know that Albion Rovers would probably oppose a play-off because they’d be terrified that Brora might win it.

I know that letting clubs vote rarely ends well but if it prevents a stitch-up, it might be worth it.

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, AndrewB said:

So, do clubs get a say on this? Wonder what such as Cowdenbeath would say?  They might be happy to have a Derby potentially. We know that Albion Rovers would probably oppose a play-off because they’d be terrified that Brora might win it.

I know that letting clubs vote rarely ends well but if it prevents a stitch-up, it might be worth it.

Clubs only vote when they can be lied to and bribed to get the required result. 

For Doncaster and his cohorts to be even contemplating cancelling the pyramid playoffs again, suggests to me that Ken knows where all the skeletons are buried.

davemclaren
8 minutes ago, true-jambo said:

For Doncaster and his cohorts to be even contemplating cancelling the pyramid playoffs again, suggests to me that Ken knows where all the skeletons are buried.

It does make you wonder. The fact that it’s the same three teams that would have been involved based on ppg for two consecutive seasons would suggest it’s absolutely fair to hold the playoff. 

4 hours ago, AndrewB said:

There is no way in hell Cowdenbeath want Brora or Kelty in next season.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

There is no way in hell Cowdenbeath want Brora or Kelty in next season.

Absolutely not, Brechin are at least another season’s cushion for them on if there’s no play-off. 

Fozzyonthefence
4 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Not sure you can bribe rangers. They basically had zero case and only caused a massive delay that played into the hands of the league. 

Maybe / maybe not.  But it’s very suspicious that (after going all guns blazing to get rid of Doncaster and others) we didn’t hear another peep out of them after the long outstanding SFA / SPFL (I can’t remember which) case against them was dropped. Call me cynical but I’m not buying that it was a coincidence. 

Nookie Bear

When they decided to shorten the League 1&2 season did they say then that the playoffs may not happen and that it was still under discussion?

If not then (and here’s the issue) a proper SPFL/SFA leadership would nip this in the bud right away by saying the play off will go ahead as usual. If Brechin have a problem with that then they need to challenge it through the proper channels. 

Jerah Jambo
50 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Absolutely not, Brechin are at least another season’s cushion for them on if there’s no play-off. 

And this is the nub. There will be a fair number of teams in League 2 who are worried that their place in Scottish Football is under threat because of ambitious, well run clubs with a bit of money behind them and who might find it difficult to get back again if they end up in the HL/LL league. 

Donald Findlay at Cowdenbeath saying that's it's not fair and lacks sporting integrity for club 42 to have to play a playoff because Brora/Kelty had only played 3 games - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56910145

Don't see how it's any less fair or lacks less integrity than demoting teams without playing all the fixtures last year personally. 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, dtgj said:

Donald Findlay at Cowdenbeath saying that's it's not fair and lacks sporting integrity for club 42 to have to play a playoff because Brora/Kelty had only played 3 games - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56910145

Don't see how it's any less fair or lacks less integrity than demoting teams without playing all the fixtures last year personally. 

…because it poses a risk next season to his team I imagine. He was the guy that that said last season the the decision to call the leagues wasn’t anything to do with fairness but was still the correct decision. 

TyphoonJambo
5 minutes ago, dtgj said:

I'd love to see the likes of Brora or Kelty smashing this hypocritical victorian fossils' crappy we team into oblivion. Blue nose bigoted old git.

Edited by TypoonJambo

Nookie Bear
2 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

I'd love to see the likes of Brora or Kelty smashing this hypocritical victorian fossils' crappy we team into oblivion. Blue nose bigoted old git.

:bravo:

Abiola Dauda
1 minute ago, TypoonJambo said:

I'd love to see the likes of Brora or Kelty smashing this hypocritical victoriana fossils chappy we team into oblivion. Blue nose bigoted old git.

Saw his team beat City 1-0 to go top of the league a couple of seasons ago. He was still absolutely raging and kicking the seat in front of him. 

Fozzyonthefence
37 minutes ago, dtgj said:

Indeed, and his club voted to do precisely that.  Hypocrite!

If it was just this season then he has a point with the 3 game thing.  The HL should really have been null and void. But everyone knows they were trying to right the wrong of Brora being shafted last year. 

And another thing - if the play off is cancelled because Brora have only played 3 games, why can’t it go ahead between Kelty and Greetin Brechin?  I think Kelty played 13 games but as there is no rule on this who gets to decide if 3 or 13 or whatever is acceptable?  The HL and LL clubs have already voted - they have their champions ready to play off.  Just get it done ffs!

I think the 2 leagues should have null and voided this season and put forward the champions from Last year as their nominees as didn’t get the opportunity for the play off last season. Knew this was coming after the highland league only played 3 games

1 hour ago, dtgj said:

Kelty played more games. That argument has a point. But it depends if you still ignore both clubs winning their leagues after playing more than enough games last season.

upgotheheads

Surely Brechin avoiding a play-off would lack sporting integrity if they're propping up the leagues. If the best team in the leagues below League two can be identified by a series of play-offs, with Brechin having the chance to maintain their status by beating them, then where's the lack of sporting integrity?

Baldwigforjack
6 hours ago, Newton51 said:

I think the 2 leagues should have null and voided this season and put forward the champions from Last year as their nominees as didn’t get the opportunity for the play off last season. Knew this was coming after the highland league only played 3 games

It would still be Brora/Kelty.

Just now, Baldwigforjack said:

It would still be Brora/Kelty.

Exactly but doesn’t give them counter argument that only 3gsmes were played.

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

Exactly but doesn’t give them counter argument that only 3gsmes were played.

But they probably wouldn’t have been allowed to do that and that’s why they’ve declared champions this season.  I’m assuming null and void this season would’ve automatically meant no play off. 

Would have been interesting though if HL had been null and void but Kelty still declared champions after 13 games.  Could Kelty still proceed direct to a play off v Club 42?  

I don't understand what its got to do with Brechin etc how many games Cove or Kelty have played 🙄 the fact remains Brechin will end up bottom so should be in a playoff regardless especially after last years skullduggery

Fozzyonthefence
25 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Just waiting for the league reconstruction proposals to appear and save clubs who were on the brink of relegation 

I can see Rangers and Celtic being all over this with their colts pish.  

The HL / LL play off was supposed to be last Saturday.  Why have we not heard anything from the SPFL / SFA?  Absolute shambles. 

Nookie Bear
5 minutes ago, indianajones said:

I cant make sense of that at all. 

Utterly bamboozling. 

I see it gets their C**** teams in though. 

The split has worked well with the lower division so could see 12 12 12 12 which would save Alloa and Brechin with kelty and brora automatic 

drumie jambo
21 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

The split has worked well with the lower division so could see 12 12 12 12 which would save Alloa and Brechin with kelty and brora automatic 

The fact is that Brora and Kelty Hearts would smash all of Division 2 and most of Division 1. There are many more stronger teams waiting to climb the pyramid, so Brechin , Cowdenbeath etc. are shiting themselves. They know if they go down it will be tattie bye and never to be seen again.

Baldwigforjack
53 minutes ago, indianajones said:

What don't you understand? 3 divisions with a 6-8 split in each division after two rounds of games. Top 6 then play each other H and A for a total of 36 games,bottom 6 play each other H and A for a total of 40 games. Two down, two up in each division. But I'd forget the colts and just go 3 divisions of 14.

Baldwigforjack
53 minutes ago, indianajones said:

What don't you understand? 3 divisions with a 6-8 split in each division after two rounds of games. Top 6 then play each other H and A for a total of 36 games,bottom 6 play each other H and A for a total of 40 games. Two down, two up in each division. But I'd forget the colts and just go 3 divisions of 14.

This article says SFA want the play offs but SPFL not sure. Also the Colts proposal is not happening and Brechin could still go to Highland League as proposal to change boundary not approved.

Rogue Daddy
18 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

This article says SFA want the play offs but SPFL not sure. Also the Colts proposal is not happening and Brechin could still go to Highland League as proposal to change boundary not approved.

I like the part where they've written to the SPFL wanting to expand the league with uglies colt teams...... then the article reveals they were given 3 loanees from Rangers in January, to bolster their squad🤣🤣🤣 Scottish football.... ****ing joke.

..just GTF brechin! Dry our eyes and take your medicine.

FTSPFL FTSFA FTH

davemclaren
32 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Interesting in that they are a members club and that’s seen as a barrier to external investment. 

Niemi’s gloves
4 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

I like the part where they've written to the SPFL wanting to expand the league with uglies colt teams...... then the article reveals they were given 3 loanees from Rangers in January, to bolster their squad🤣🤣🤣 Scottish football.... ****ing joke.

..just GTF brechin! Dry our eyes and take your medicine.

FTSPFL FTSFA FTH

Unfortunately for Brechin, our one loan to then fellow strugglers, Albion Rovers, has had a much bigger positive impact than Brechin’s three from Rangers.