Peter Haring

Stendelnator

1 hour ago, stevie1874 said:

Scandalous that Andy Halliday has kept him out the team. Let’s hope all his injuries are behind him. 

Presumably because Haring's not been fully fit?

A fit Haring would start every match. Here's hoping. Great to see him take charge tonight. That's what he does so well.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A_A wehatethehibs

• Pasquale for King

• john thomas

• JamboBoy

Absolutely immense tonight, one of the  best performances I have seen from a Hearts player in a long time, if we can get him and Soapy back to their peak, along with Gordon, Smith, Boyce and Gino, we will have a very decent spine to build around next season, a lot of work to be done in the transfer window

30 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

Presumably because Haring's not been fully fit?

A fit Haring would start every match. Here's hoping. Great to see him take charge tonight. That's what he does so well.

Why would we have someone not fit enough to play sitting on the bench every week?

Captain Canada

He was fantastic tonight. I'm really pleased to see him back to his best. He's a huge asset when he plays like that. His pass for Hendo's goal was top notch. 

When he got sent off a few weeks back after only being on for 5 mins or so, I stupidly said we might never see him in a Hearts shirt again. Im glad I was so wrong. He needs to play every minute of the remainder of the season. A fully fit Haring next season is vital.

38 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Why would we have someone not fit enough to play sitting on the bench every week?

we were probably hoping that the games would be over after say 60-70 mins so could ease him back into playing with 20 min run outs at the end of games

6 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

we were probably hoping that the games would be over after say 60-70 mins so could ease him back into playing with 20 min run outs at the end of games

Fair enough 👍 would rather have seen a fully fit youngster get a run out in they circumstances. 

Best player on the park by a country mile tonight. It’s sad we’ve been playing Irving and Halliday all season.

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Strolled the game! Finally think we've found a midfield that complements each other 

If we're going to play that formation in the Premiership we'll need better wing backs though I think. Smith and Logan don't do it for me as wing backs. Smith is a very solid FB and Logan has quality but is getting on a bit. Imagine if we had still Paterson and Hickey! We need FBs like them again.

He is a great player, plays every pass with purpose and has great vision.

Should have been back in the team weeks ago! 

StirlingJambo

Great performance for the big man and hopefully on the road to his old self again after that long time out.

What a difference it makes having a player in the middle of the park that passes it first time or one touch then passes. Doesn’t allow the opposition to get back in and get organised. Controls the full game when he does that.

John Kimble

Superb last night. The vision and timing for the pass to Henderson was unbelievable. Written off far too early, well done Peter. 

BackOfTheNet

My only genuine worry is that Haring and McEneff only got paired together in the centre (as they should have been since January) due to bad form and injuries. If we didn’t have to slot Halliday at LWB would Haring have played? That’s the ridiculousness of this season’s team selections right there. It was just common sense to have Haring in the deep role and McEneff slightly ahead in his box to box role, but we persisted with Halliday and Irving in the centre, with Haring on the bench and McEneff pushed out on the right. Made absolutely no sense.

And for those saying Halliday was playing as Haring was unfit. Nah, don’t buy it. Haring is match fit now as the whole time he’s been on the bench. He’s only had two competitive 90 minutes under his belt in the last two games. There’s no reserve league or anything to get match fit. So goes to prove he should’ve been in the side for months, and not just the last few games.

The league is effectively wrapped up now. We only have 3 competitive games left, if capable Haring should get 90 in all of those 3. I don’t want some lame excuse of “he needs a rest” so Halliday can be accommodated back in there again.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

Back to his very best tonight. Technically the best player we have. Assured on the ball. Never panics. Passes crisply in whatever direction he plays it. That pass to Henderson was as good as it gets quite frankly. Class act but we already know that and I just hope he can get a run of games under his belt before the season ends early next month. 

Ita been a long road for Haring, but what a joy to watch him playing like that. Granted its Alloa, but hopefully that's him back.

The midfielder we've been crying out for for the last 18 months.

Seymour M Hersh

Absolutely stoked for the guy. Starting to look like his old self tonight. Hope for him and us it continues in this vein. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
4 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

If we're going to play that formation in the Premiership we'll need better wing backs though I think. Smith and Logan don't do it for me as wing backs. Smith is a very solid FB and Logan has quality but is getting on a bit. Imagine if we had still Paterson and Hickey! We need FBs like them again.

Agree! We need lot more than that to compete in premiership starting with new head coach 

Played really well and looked fully fit for the whole game. Probably did help he had mceneff who is full of running around him

3 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Played really well and looked fully fit for the whole game. Probably did help he had mceneff who is full of running around him

Thought they played well together. Haring was outstanding and we got a look at what McEneff can offer in the role we supposedly bought him for. 

9 hours ago, stevie1874 said:

I get the impression (might be wrong) that Jamie Walker isn't fit enough to last 90 minutes.

He sits on the bench most weeks, nevertheless, and his contributions speak for themselves.

My main point is that there is no way a manager wouldn't pick a fully-fit Haring. Because a fully-fit Haring would be the first outfield name on the team sheet. He's in a different class.

Having big Pete back gives confidence throughout the team as the defense know they have midfield protection and the attack know he will try and move the ball forward rather than sideways/backwards if there is an option

Brauhauser2012
14 hours ago, JamboBoy said:

Back to his very best tonight. Technically the best player we have. Assured on the ball. Never panics. Passes crisply in whatever direction he plays it. That pass to Henderson was as good as it gets quite frankly. Class act but we already know that and I just hope he can get a run of games under his belt before the season ends early next month. 

This is my opinion too. On his game a fantastic player.