Scottish Parliament Elections tactical voting guide

Nucky Thompson

The big question is: who will be eating this when the results come out? ;)

humble-pie.jpg

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Space Mackerel

• Ainsley Harriott

• Konrad von Carstein

Shanks said no

Edinburgh Western Constituency - 2 votes for Liberal

Lothian List - 2 votes for Alba

Can’t support Sturgeon 

Junior broke ranks and gave both to SNP

Just now, redjambo said:

The big question is: who will be eating this when the results come out? ;)

humble-pie.jpg

Depends which way you read the results. 

SNP majority = no argument

Large Indy majority and no SNP majority = Unionists celebrate SNP failure.  Independence supporters claim victory. 

Paddy Crossan
2 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I don't think I could bring myself to vote for a party called the Greens. It still takes me all my time to wear a green item of clothing :biggrin2:

I agree butI I  they’ve changed their name a few times. I was an active member of what then called the Ecology party in the late 70s

Roxy Hearts
12 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Edinburgh Western Constituency - 2 votes for Liberal

Lothian List - 2 votes for Alba

Can’t support Sturgeon 

Junior broke ranks and gave both to SNP

SNP 1 Alba 2. Wife and daughter voted Lib Dem, raging ☹

Ainsley Harriott
32 minutes ago, gjcc said:

The one I saw was her calling someone a racist and fascist. Probably be picked up without context by some. 

Context: the person she was “conversing” with was convicted criminal, former EDL, current Britain First activist Jayda Fransen. Both a fascist and a racist. 

Well done Nicola. 

Nicola has very little self awareness she herself is the definition of a fascist. 

Brighton Jambo

I’m about as anti independence as you can get but I’m increasingly thinking we need a second referendum otherwise Scotland cannot move forward and will be stuck in this endless constitutional loop.

I don’t think there’s any chance it will be a yes vote.  Polls have had no ahead for 7 years since the last indyref other than a few months where it got an artificial bump from Covid that has now dropped away.  Johnson should just call the SNP bluff, take control of the timescales, set the question he wants he and say take it or leave it to the SNP.  If they chose to leave it that’s the end of that, if they go for it every indication is No would win (or should I say remain with the new question 😉)

Space Mackerel
3 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I’m about as anti independence as you can get but I’m increasingly thinking we need a second referendum otherwise Scotland cannot move forward and will be stuck in this endless constitutional loop.

I don’t think there’s any chance it will be a yes vote.  Polls have had no ahead for 7 years since the last indyref other than a few months where it got an artificial bump from Covid that has now dropped away.  Johnson should just call the SNP bluff, take control of the timescales, set the question he wants he and say take it or leave it to the SNP.  If they chose to leave it that’s the end of that, if they go for it every indication is No would win (or should I say remain with the new question 😉)

I really like the way you didn't mention the vote of the Scottish people in that post.

Space Mackerel
10 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Nicola has very little self awareness she herself is the definition of a fascist. 

Can you give one reason that she has clamped on your civil liberties?

Brighton Jambo
Just now, Space Mackerel said:

I really like the way you didn't mention the vote of the Scottish people in that post.

The Scottish people have been asked to vote for something that has been made abundantly clear isn’t in the gift of Holyrood to grant.   Time and time again they have been told and no matter how many times you say it it doesn’t change that fact.  By saying she can deliver it, as she has in every election since 2016 she has lied to the Scottish people and shock horror failed to deliver.  What’s her new plan this time that she hasn’t been able to deploy any of the other times.  And all the sheep lap it up.  

Space Mackerel
8 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Any mention of any reliable exit polls on the go after the polling stations close?  

No exit polls carried out on Scottish elections.

Victorian
1 minute ago, Space Mackerel said:

No exit polls carried out on Scottish elections.

Cheers.  

Shanks said no
10 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Any mention of any reliable exit polls on the go after the polling stations close?  

My understanding was there were NO exit polls tonight in Scotland 

Space Mackerel
Just now, Victorian said:

Very high postal vote seems to kybosh exit polls I suppose.  

Full results out Saturday I think.

jack D and coke
22 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

The Scottish people have been asked to vote for something that has been made abundantly clear isn’t in the gift of Holyrood to grant.   Time and time again they have been told and no matter how many times you say it it doesn’t change that fact.  By saying she can deliver it, as she has in every election since 2016 she has lied to the Scottish people and shock horror failed to deliver.  What’s her new plan this time that she hasn’t been able to deploy any of the other times.  And all the sheep lap it up.  

https://www.lcil.cam.ac.uk/blog/could-scotland-stage-independence-referendum-without-uk-approval-what-law-says-prof-marc-weller
Seems we probably could. 

Brighton Jambo
Just now, jack D and coke said:

So why didn’t she go down that route after you all voted for a referendum in 2016, or 2017 or 2019?!  

But this time she really really means it right?  Those other times were what exactly?  Lies, mistruths, she forgot?? 

It funny how you all merrily trot out to vote for her thinking she wouldn’t let you down this time.  This time it will definitely be different.  What’s the definition of insanity again....

Space Mackerel
1 minute ago, Brighton Jambo said:

So why didn’t she go down that route after you all voted for a referendum in 2016, or 2017 or 2019?!  

But this time she really really means it right?  Those other times were what exactly?  Lies, mistruths, she forgot?? 

It funny how you all merrily trot out to vote for her thinking she wouldn’t let you down this time.  This time it will definitely be different.  What’s the definition of insanity again....

Who do you think it should be up to to have the legal ability to hold a referendum?

Shanks said no

What’s going to happen on Friday and Saturday?

Most councils across Scotland are beginning their counts at 9am or 10am, with the first results expected at about noon.

However, only 46 constituencies will be completed during the day, with the remaining 27 not being counted until Saturday. This will allow the remaining 56 regional seats to be calculated and allocated and the final result announced.

Which constituencies are being declared on Friday?
Aberdeen Central, Aberdeen Donside, Aberdeenshire East, Airdrie and Shotts, Angus North and Mearns, Argyll and Bute, Ayr, Banffshire and Buchan Coast, Caithness, Sutherland and Ross, Clydebank and Milngavie, Coatbridge and Chryston, Cowdenbeath, Cunninghame North, Cunninghame South, Dumbarton, Dundee City West, East Lothian, Eastwood, Edinburgh Central, Edinburgh Southern, Edinburgh Western, Ettrick, Roxburgh and Berwickshire, Falkirk East, Glasgow Anniesland, Glasgow Maryhill and Springburn, Glasgow Pollok, Glasgow Southside, Greenock and Inverclyde, Hamilton, Larkhall and Stonehouse, Inverness and Nairn, Kilmarnock and Irvine Valley, Kirkcaldy, Linlithgow, Midlothian North and Musselburgh, Moray, Motherwell and Wishaw, Na h-Eileanan an Iar, North East Fife, Orkney Islands, Paisley, Perthshire North, Renfrewshire North and West, Rutherglen, Shetland Islands, Stirling, and Strathkelvin and Bearsden.

Which constituencies are being declared on Saturday?

Aberdeen South and North Kincardine, Aberdeenshire West, Almond Valley, Angus South, Carrick, Cumnock and Doon Valley, Clackmannanshire and Dunblane, Clydesdale, Cumbernauld and Kilsyth, Dumfriesshire, Dundee City East, Dunfermline, East Kilbride, Edinburgh Eastern, Edinburgh Northern and Leith, Edinburgh Pentlands, Falkirk West, Galloway and West Dumfries, Glasgow Cathcart, Glasgow Kelvin, Glasgow Provan, Glasgow Shettleston, Mid Fife and Glenrothes, Midlothian South, Tweeddale and Lauderdale, Perthshire South and Kinrossshire, Renfrewshire South, Skye, Lochaber and Badenoch, and Uddingston and Bellshill.

When will the final result be known?

The result is expected on Saturday afternoon, although some individual results may not be announced until Sunday if there are any unforeseen delays.

jack D and coke
4 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Lol I just said we could hold one without WM govt say so. I didn’t suggest anything else. 
Chill winston...

Brighton Jambo

Who do you think it should be up to to have the legal ability to hold a referendum?

Given the law on devolved matters is what it is my opinion doesn’t matter.

Tell me, after you voted SNP in 2016, 2017 and 2019 and they failed to deliver a referendum what new option/cunning plan do they have this time to actually deliver for you.  And why did they not enact that option sooner?  

She keeps dangling that referendum and you all keep voting her in.  Surely she won’t let you all down again will she? 

Brighton Jambo
1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

Lol I just said we could hold one without WM govt say so. I didn’t suggest anything else. 
Chill winston...

Yeah sorry I thought I was replying to Space Mackeral.  

Space Mackerel
3 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Tell me, after you voted SNP in 2016, 2017 and 2019 and they failed to deliver a referendum what new option/cunning plan do they have this time to actually deliver for you.  And why did they not enact that option sooner?  

She keeps dangling that referendum and you all keep voting her in.  Surely she won’t let you all down again will she? 

I'll ask you again, who should be able to call a referendum in Scotland?

Ainsley Harriott
44 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Can you give one reason that she has clamped on your civil liberties?

_115093962_scotland_covid_tiers_v02_640_3x-nc-002.png

Brighton Jambo
3 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

I'll ask you again, who should be able to call a referendum in Scotland?

If we were starting the devolved rules from scratch I think it should be up to the people of Scotland.  However we are not and I certainly don’t think it can be the case that the rules can just be totally ignored because they don’t suit the current Scottish  government.  That’s not how laws work.  

JimmyCant
12 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

The last Scottish parliamentary election was 2016. God knows what other ones you are talking about. Independence or a referendum was a buried issue until Brexit was more or less delivered and probably wouldn’t have been a pressing issue this time round had we not been taken out of the EU recklessly and against the democratic will of the Scottish electorate 

Space Mackerel
5 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

If we were starting the devolved rules from scratch I think it should be up to the people of Scotland.  However we are not and I certainly don’t think it can be the case that the rules can just be totally ignored because they don’t suit the current Scottish  government.  That’s not how laws work.  

So the people of Scotland, under fair and PR voting system.

Ta muchly.

Ainsley Harriott
7 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

I take it you're an anti-masker?

No but you asked for restrictions on civil liberties at a time the country has been locked down by the government. Have you been living under a rock? 

JimmyCant
2 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

No but you asked for restrictions on civil liberties at a time the country has been locked down by the government. Have you been living under a rock? 

Those restrictions saved thousands of lives for Christ’s sake

Space Mackerel
1 minute ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

You have been sat in your house playing video games and watching Netflix, its hardly you're an evacuee in the 2nd World War. lol

Space Mackerel
2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Those restrictions saved thousands of lives for Christ’s sake

Millennials eh? First wee problem comes along and they all shit the bed. 

JimmyCant

Millennials eh? First wee problem comes along and they all shit the bed. 

It’s like they think  they’ve been corralled into a Jewish Ghetto by the Gestapo. They’ve been stopped from clubbin for a year !! I hope we never have to fight another war with lily livered selfish twat jelly people like that on board.

Brighton Jambo
21 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

The last Scottish parliamentary election was 2016. God knows what other ones you are talking about. Independence or a referendum was a buried issue until Brexit was more or less delivered and probably wouldn’t have been a pressing issue this time round had we not been taken out of the EU recklessly and against the democratic will of the Scottish electorate 

Are you seriously suggesting that in the 2017 and 2019 General Elections an independence reference wasn’t part of of the SNP manifesto.  Really????

Space Mackerel
1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

It’s like they think  they’ve been corralled into a Jewish Ghetto by the Gestapo. They’ve been stopped from clubbin for a year !! I hope we never have to fight another war with lily livered selfish twat jelly people like that on board.

Them in the UK forces? :rofl:

Their parents have let them run wild and gave them everything they've asked for without a days work. Spoilt brats.

S10 Respirator fitting for PS generation please! lol

JimmyCant
19 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Are you seriously suggesting that in the 2017 and 2019 General Elections an independence reference wasn’t part of of the SNP manifesto.  Really????

Westminster elections do not give a mandate to the SNP or the Scottish government to demand a referendum. It was barely mentioned in 2019 which was all about stopping Brexit. 2017 was more or less the same and far too soon after the 2014 referendum to be a serious issue. They didn’t really run on an independence ticket in either of those elections  even a clean sweep in WM doesn’t give any power or right to demand or promise a referendum. It’s been mentioned in every single manifesto the SNP have ever produced. Hardly a surprise when you consider what the letters S & N stand for. If you don’t want indie, that’s your right in a democracy and it’s your right to vote tactically or otherwise against it. But the majority have a right to demand a referendum and we’ll get one if the pro Indy parties have a mandate to demand one. It cannot be denied. To do so would be utterly undemocratic, subjected to a legal test, and would cause a level of civil unrest and disobedience that would break the union anyway. Why you actually give a shit from Brighton is a mystery though.

Edited by JimmyCant

Ainsley Harriott
31 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

You have been sat in your house playing video games and watching Netflix, its hardly you're an evacuee in the 2nd World War. lol

So what do you class as a restriction civil liberty? 

Space Mackerel
2 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

So what do you class as a restriction civil liberty? 

There is no civil liberty being loss. Whats being imposed if you want to call it that, is civil liberties being gained by people who are older and have a greater chance of being killed by a virus.

Space Mackerel
Just now, weehammy said:

So the UK (I.e. the country we’re citizens of) should have no say in a part of it potentially breaking off?

:vrwow:

The UK is NOT a country. Its a political and economic Union.

Brighton Jambo
6 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Westminster elections do not give a mandate to the SNP or the Scottish government to demand a referendum. It was barely mentioned in 2019 which was all about stopping Brexit. 2017 was more or less the same and far too soon after the 2014 referendum to be a serious issue. They didn’t really run on an independence ticket in either of those elections  even a clean sweep in WM doesn’t give any power or right to demand or promise a referendum. It’s been mentioned in every single manifesto the SNP have ever produced. Hardly a surprise when you consider what the letters S & N stand for. If you don’t want indie, that’s your right in a democracy and it’s your right to vote tactically or otherwise against it. But the majority have a right to demand a referendum and we’ll get one if the pro Indy parties have a mandate to demand one. It cannot be denied. To do so would be utterly undemocratic, subjected to a legal test, and would cause a level of civil unrest and disobedience that would break the union anyway. Why you actually give a shit from Brighton is a mystery though.

I’ve lived in Scotland for 40 years, a Scottish wife and two kids born up here.  There’s that casual anti-English sentiment sneaking in again though.  Nationalism at its finest.  

Ainsley Harriott

There is no civil liberty being loss. Whats being imposed if you want to call it that, is civil liberties being gained by people who are older and have a greater chance of being killed by a virus.

Aye tell all those business owners that have lost their livelihoods that. She did a great job of protecting care home residents right enough

Space Mackerel
Just now, Ainsley Harriott said:

Aye tell all those business owners that have lost their livelihoods that. She did a great job of protecting care home residents right enough

Are you a business owner?

JimmyCant
Just now, Brighton Jambo said:

I’ve lived in Scotland for 40 years, a Scottish wife and two kids born up here.  There’s that casual anti-English sentiment sneaking in again though.  Nationalism at its finest.  

Apologies if you took it way. I wrongly assumed you lived in Brighton thats all

Ainsley Harriott
4 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Being forbidden to enjoy a glass of wine with a restaurant meal.

Or travel within the country you hold nationality of, run a business, pump a lassie, see a pal or visit a relative in hospital. But according to MacKerel theres been no restrictions placed on our civil liberties 

Edited by Ainsley Harriott

JimmyCant
4 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Being forbidden to enjoy a glass of wine with a restaurant meal.

You’re not seeing the bigger picture reason for that ?

Ainsley Harriott

Scotland was formed before England. Go on. Google it

Scotland isn't a sovereign country in the eyes of the UN. 

4 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Not so bad as the institutionalised anti-Scottish sentiment currently seen openly in Westminster?