*****Official Dunfermline Athletic v Heart of Midlothian thread ******

cookieboy

5 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

We should edge it.  Defence should be stronger and hopefully Naisy can influence higher up the park.  

Be good to get this league won next Friday so I don’t have to think about football until June! 

Totally. I want this season to be history. Pronto. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Harry Potter

• sadj

• NANOJAMBO

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Class of 75
3 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

I,with a Pars buddy, once left the Las Vegas strip early (we were in the RAF and practically lived there for 2 years) to log into Pars tv and got a mention. Now however, I wouldn't give them the steam of my piss.

Knowing the RAF, I take it you had a good hotel? 😉

davemclaren
24 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Dunfermline pulling an Arbroath with their coverage.

Not a penny from me.

Correct. Nice weather tomorrow so will sit in the garden with the family, a beer and the scores on my phone. 

56 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Just so they can bring in some fresh blood for you to moan at after the first bad result or signing you don't approve of?

I'm calling for the next manager's head as soon as he walks in the door, I'll be proved right eventually.

5 hours ago, jambo191 said:

Gordon and Smith will shore us up.

0-0.

That probably means Hearts 0 at half time.

Again!!!!!

Seething and booing already.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr 

Fortunately I won't be seething and booing as it happens.  Due to some clock changing, climate change nonsense, the k o is 2am here.

I'll be fast asleep.

1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Not a penny from me.

👍

You want to think a reaction will be forthcoming

Then again so will Dunfermline after their midweek performance

You would think a side stronger than the last couple of weeks will take the field....Gordon, Naismith and Smith for example

Then again we have had poor results with them playing

You want a win to more or less confirm our club as champions and at worst put all the pressure on the sides below

Then again some will say win and nothing will change in terms of management whereas lose and the pressure continues to grow on the manager and those in charge

I always want us to win so it's easy for me to continue that stance but given it's success as a club we want and over a decent period of time if you don't see that success with Robbie then I can at least recognise that....though not agree with it

So after all that 3-1 Hearts

TyphoonJambo
9 hours ago, Class of 75 said:

Knowing the RAF, I take it you had a good hotel? 😉

With a free bar from 5 to 9. Happy daze.

We don't "dig in" we "check in"

Edited by TypoonJambo

Class of 75
7 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

With a free bar from 5 to 9. Happy daze.

We don't "dig in" we "check in"

😂😂😂👍

13 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

100% banned from Tynecastle, has to be. 

Unlikely. That would have meant attending in the first place. The way he goes on, he’d make out he’s Gorgie through and through. Reality is it’s been years since he visited Tynecastle.

He’s just a loud mouthed, attention seeking, online fan. This place is riddled with them.

*Hopefully a win today - that would sew the title up. More dropped points and I’d expect Neilsons end of the season departure to be brought forward.

Edited by Whatever

8 hours ago, Awbdy Oot said:

I'm calling for the next manager's head as soon as he walks in the door, I'll be proved right eventually.

:gok:

31 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Unlikely. That would have meant attending in the first place. The way he goes on, he’d make out he’s Gorgie through and through. Reality is it’s been years since he visited Tynecastle.

He’s just a loud mouthed, attention seeking, online fan. This place is riddled with them.

*Hopefully a win today - that would sew the title up. More dropped points and I’d expect Neilsons end of the season departure to be brought forward.

There are a few folk saying Neilson will be gone at the end of the season. Have you heard that from somewhere or just what you reckon will happen?

Just now, GinRummy said:

There are a few folk saying Neilson will be gone at the end of the season. Have you heard that from somewhere or just what you reckon will happen?

It’s just the scenario that makes the most sense to me, GR.

There are certain results that make a managers position untenable. Heart of Midlothian losing to Brora Rangers is one of they results.

We all know he’s finished, He knows he’s finished and even Budge knows he’s finished. 

There will be a certain degree of firefighting going on just now from both sides. RN will want to be able to point at back to back promotions on his cv. Budge will want to say RN achieved the primary goal in getting us back to the Premiership.

I fully expect a ‘left by mutual consent’ statement, once the season ends.

It’s too far gone. There’s no other alternative than Neilson leaving Hearts.

Only dropped points today will hasten matters, imo.

1 minute ago, Whatever said:

There are certain results that make a managers position untenable. Heart of Midlothian losing to Brora Rangers is one of they results.

We all know he’s finished, He knows he’s finished and even Budge knows he’s finished. 

There will be a certain degree of firefighting going on just now from both sides. RN will want to be able to point at back to back promotions on his cv. Budge will want to say RN achieved the primary goal in getting us back to the Premiership.

Cheers. Hope you’re right and you probably will be. I’ve just got this horrible feeling he’ll get the start of next season, probably based on the time CL got. 

8 minutes ago, Barack said:

Dunfermline to bounce back today from their Raith loss.

Hearts' "leaders" are back though. Possibly only a 2-0 victory to Dunfermline in that case.

You're being too kind to us here, there's no way our shambles of a defence are conceding any less than 3.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Cheers. Hope you’re right and you probably will be. I’ve just got this horrible feeling he’ll get the start of next season, probably based on the time CL got. 

Money talks. In an already challenging environment, the club needs to maximise income from its customer base.

The club cannot afford to not let Neilson go.

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Gordon's back. Don't think he's conceded 3 in a game since he played...us.

:lol:

Raith at home?

7 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Money talks. In an already challenging environment, the club needs to maximise income from its customer base.

The club cannot afford to not let Neilson go.

Makes sense. 👍

35 minutes ago, Whatever said:

100% this! 
Simply a matter now of when and not if. Wee photo with the trophy for his cv and thanks very much but we are going in a different direction.

The season has been so disappointing considering our resources and the cup exits are the clinchers! 

Thank god for Craig Gordon!

3-3, which will be annoying as we will be 1-3 up with 13 mins to go.

Lee McCullough's teeth to fall out at the equaliser.

The biggest worry today is Dunfermline will have to play a proper striker and not some dumpling that masquerades as one.  

😬

Japan Jambo
11 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Not a penny from me.

think I'll cave to the wife and go out,if I miss a classic so be it!!

Ex member of the SaS

Can only hope for a Hearts win but can see another disaster. We need the win, it's not a matter of wanting one, we really do need this. Said before when people were shouting about the league being over weeks ago, it's not over until it's mathematically impossible to lose.

A scrappy 0-1 and another Robbie bore fest.

God I hope I am wrong and we go out and show we can play.

Despite the fact that Dunfermline have been poor just like us for some time now they are no different to most clubs when they play us.

They usually manage to lift their game and they certainly need to do that after their humping by Raith.

We will still be the usual tippy tappy sideways and backwards looking as if we have never played together and for that reason I think the best we can expect is a draw.

It is frustrating going into a game at this level feeling that Hearts are not going to go out there and control the game and win comfortably as they should but we all know what to expect.

I really hope they surprise us with a decent performance and win but I very much doubt it.

OmiyaHearts
2 hours ago, Barack said:

Gordon's back. Don't think he's conceded 3 in a game since he played...us.

:lol:

The guy is weird, he also claimed it will be yet 'another' Hearts nil result. We've scored in every league game bar one.

3 goal victory for us.

The quicker we get over the line and rid of Neilson the better.

Edited by Gambo

Neilson’s excuse for today’s pish performance:

“I think the pressure is getting to the group and that’s having an affect on our play on the grass.    Obviously there is a lot of noise off the park and the group have found it difficult to concentrate on their work. I get that the fans are unhappy, Hearts are a big club, but Man City are far bigger so feck off and watch them and stop calling me phoodle, phoodle for FFS, I’ve got more of your Afghan hound look anyway!!”.

Edited by Ethan Hunt

john thomas
17 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I bear grudges.  Way back in the day we played them on the 2nd of January every year.  Huge crowds would attend.  20,000 plus at east end park, particularly if we had thumped the cabbages the previous day.

They won too many of these games.  They added insult to injury by defeating us in a Scottish Cup Fina, just because we chose to be rubbish that day.

Last year, they voted against us.

They qualify for cruel and unusual punishment.  It's high time we started showing upstarts like them who we are.

Crush them.

We weren't just rubbish that day

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Raith at home?

Let in 7 at the cup final ffs . . . 

We wouldn’t be top without him this season. 

It's a beautiful day where I live. My wee grandson will need someone to push his pram this afternoon so that is a more attractive proposition than watching the game on a dodgy stream. I might miss a cracker of a game that we win 6-0 but I'll take my chances with the pram.

Selkirkhmfc1874

3pts is all that matters today ! Mon Hearts let's get over the line asap and then let the takeover/clearout begin

willie wallace
8 minutes ago, 1953 said:

It's a beautiful day where I live. My wee grandson will need someone to push his pram this afternoon so that is a more attractive proposition than watching the game on a dodgy stream. I might miss a cracker of a game that we win 6-0 but I'll take my chances with the pram.

I haven't seen my grandkids for a year now so if you need a hand between 3 -5 I'm your man.🙂

upgotheheads

Are Dunfermline selling a stream for this game? Not that I'd be buying, but there's more chance that it will appear on here as a link.

Rick Sanchez

I bet there's a few players playing today that are sighing that they need to botch another game to keep the pressure on.

Them and the ones that will be released regardless. It's a dangerous mix.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

It’ll be shite but we should win this.

Then there’s no excuse for FOH not pulling their finger out and no excuse for no giving various people their jotters, Neilson first of all.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I bet there's a few players playing today that are sighing that they need to botch another game to keep the pressure on.

Them and the ones that will be released regardless. It's a dangerous mix.

It’s very obvious that the players aren’t having him. And when a gash Championship squad can’t be arsed with you, you really are in trouble.

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Are Dunfermline selling a stream for this game? Not that I'd be buying, but there's more chance that it will appear on here as a link.

Yeah £12. Hopefully on hesgoal.