*****Official Dunfermline Athletic v Heart of Midlothian thread ******

cookieboy

1 minute ago, TypoonJambo said:

I think Halliday at LB (white was shocking last week) and Irving alongside McEneff

I'd originally put that but thought it looked a bit weak in midfield (no tackler/ ball winner). Also, it sounds like Neilson may have lost the rag with the individual mistakes which cost him last week. So considering Popescu isn't good enough, and Irving seems to see his future elsewhere, I'm unsure if we'll see either again. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Harry Potter

• sadj

• NANOJAMBO

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hearts 0 at half time,

Hearts 1 at full time.

Hopefully might be enough to take the 3 points.

Then we can look forward to the fiesta of football next Friday v. Alloa and the wild celebrations after.

Control yourselves.

Edited by martoon

TyphoonJambo
56 minutes ago, OTT said:

I'd originally put that but thought it looked a bit weak in midfield (no tackler/ ball winner). Also, it sounds like Neilson may have lost the rag with the individual mistakes which cost him last week. So considering Popescu isn't good enough, and Irving seems to see his future elsewhere, I'm unsure if we'll see either again. 

Pity then that Harring looks shot. He'd have been the natural choice.

Bazzas right boot
58 minutes ago, martoon said:

Hearts 0 at half time,

Hearts 1 at full time.

Hopefully might be enough to take the 3 points.

Then we can look forward to the fiesta of football next Friday v. Alloa and the wild celebrations after.

Control yourselves.

download (9).jpeg

siegementality

Dunfermline are on a poor run of form and along come Hearts.  It’s like sitting waiting on a car crash at an accident black spot. You know it’s going to happen, it’s just a matter of how bad the crash will be.

Gnando Boyce

Walker       McEneff      Henderson

Irving

Halliday Halkett   Smith   Logan

Gordon

1 hour ago, TypoonJambo said:

I think Halliday at LB (white was shocking last week) and Irving alongside McEneff

Agree with Halliday disagree with Irving, I hope I’m wrong but get the feeling he is done with hearts. 

Pasquale for King

If he wanted to really set the cat amongst the pigeons he would drop the whole back four and obviously the GK. Logan Haring Smith Halliday with Gordon behind. Mceneff and Irving midfield with GMS Boyce Gnanduillet Walker ahead of them and go for it to wrap the league up with a bit of style. 
Unlikely? 
NURSE . . . .  I need my meds 🤪🙈

Logan will make an 8mpact. Seems hungry to play, has bags of pace and can deliver a cross. Big Gnando to grab a couple with Smith and Gordon to shore up the defence. 2-0 jambos. 

Robbo-Jambo
11 hours ago, JackLadd said:

RN to grind out a ... draw. 😒

Bore draw. 

Huffing and puffing. 

Backwards and sideways. 

Robbie to the players before the Brora game. "Now remember....you're all playing for your futures"...!

Robbie to the players before the QoS game. "Common now I mean it".....!

Robbie to the players before the Dunfermline game. "I'm not f..king kidding"......!

5 minutes ago, 5-1Jambo said:

Logan will make an 8mpact. Seems hungry to play, has bags of pace and can deliver a cross. Big Gnando to grab a couple with Smith and Gordon to shore up the defence. 2-0 jambos. 

Hard to influence a whole game/team, from right back.....

1 minute ago, Section Q said:

Hard to influence a whole game/team, from right back.....

Likes to get up the flank and put crosses in. I'm hoping we go for a high press from the start. I know too much booze. 

Gordon

S Logan  Haring   Halket   Haliday

McEneff  M Smith

Hendo    Boyce   J Walker

Gnanduillet 

Subs: Stewart, popescu, white, irving, GMS, kasteneer, Naisy. 

I think smith and Boyce link up very well, so smith shouldn't be stuck in center half.   Haliday and logan to help give solidity at the back, hope.   McEneff and Smith in the middle gives me an idea of energy, teamwork, pace, quality.   I think Hendo did well last game to get down the right, so, deserves another go.   Walker and Gnanduillet linked up well before and walkers had success on the left before. 

The subs, Popescu had a howler last time they played Dunfermline.   Also,  his last game was abit off, even though he scored his first goal.   If not Haring out for Popescu.  Stewart to be dropped for Gordon, with no qualms.   

Most of the subs have struggled so deserve to be there. Whether injury or form. 

Just an opinion.   An idea of the better form, link-up, quality players. 

Edited by HMFC01

Gordon

Logan Smith Hallkett Halliday 

GMS Irving McEniff Henderson 

Boyce Gnando

Subs: Zlamal, Berra, Popescu, Kastineer, White, Haring, Walker

Straight and simple 442, play basic and easy football. Don't try to over complicate tactics and just have a go at them. 

5 minutes ago, Weonly151 said:

Gordon

Boyce Gnando

Straight and simple 442, play basic and easy football. Don't try to over complicate tactics and just have a go at them. 

That’s a pretty good call. 

11 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Robbie to the players before the Brora game. "Now remember....you're all playing for your futures"...!

Robbie to the players before the QoS game. "Common now I mean it".....!

Robbie to the players before the Dunfermline game. "I'm not f..king kidding"......!

You forgot "there WILL be changes next season".

Players "aye , but not the changes you're thinking of, lol". 

9 minutes ago, 5-1Jambo said:

Likes to get up the flank and put crosses in. I'm hoping we go for a high press from the start. I know too much booze. 

Agree. He always put in a shift when I've seen him at Tynie.....

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, 5-1Jambo said:

Don't talk shite..... 

No such thing as too much booze. 👍

Robbo-Jambo
35 minutes ago, siegementality said:

Dunfermline are on a poor run of form and along come Hearts.  It’s like sitting waiting on a car crash at an accident black spot. You know it’s going to happen, it’s just a matter of how bad the crash will be.

We have had a habit for years of stopping other teams bad runs 😕

skinnybob72

A team that were thrashed midweek, have conceded 8 in just 2 games and are totally out of sorts. Here come Hearts....

4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Oh **** it..........................Hearts to win 2 nil.

What have you done with the real i8? 😉

Bazzas right boot
19 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Oh **** it..........................Hearts to win 2 nil.

****ing happy clapper. 

Always predictung wins, you seen how shite we are are lately? We are worse than a wee lassies team, awebody oot! 

What team are we fielding the one with the guys who are staying or the couldn’t give a **** team?

My prediction Shay Logan to be MoM wait till you see the difference between a player trying to win a contract and one who quite frankly does care so long as his 4 year deal isn’t in any danger.

It's okay.Neilson  and the players are blocking out all the external noise we are making and the players will do their talking on the pitch.Mind you he's hoping Dunfermline don't react to the Raith thumping.

SomethingAboutObua

Think we'll win, Dunfermline have the lowest points total in the Championship since January, we still have the highest.

Then again I was certain we'd beat Queens and Brora even when we went behind in both games so no idea. 

Regardless of the result, 10-0 or 0-10 Neilson still needs to go. 

billybalfour

back 4 looks to me like Logan,Halkett,Berra/Popescu and Smith at LB.Too risky for Robbie to try anything else.In front of that guess at what you want.

Jambof3tornado

We score 1st we win

They score 1st we scrape a draw.

3 nil. Gnando hat trick

Edited by Jambof3tornado
Spooling mistuk

15 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Dunfermline were awful against Raith. Get some pride back Hearts. 

I think they've been awful away from home all season and good at home, we're pretty rubbish away from home so think we'll struggle to get anything from the game. 

It's time to put these poor performances and results behind us, and go out and win this league. Narrow win for the Hearts.

14 minutes ago, billybalfour said:

back 4 looks to me like Logan,Halkett,Berra/Popescu and Smith at LB.Too risky for Robbie to try anything else.In front of that guess at what you want.

Those are all our available defenders bar Halliday. I think Logan Smith Halkett and Halliday is the best way but maybe robbie won’t agree. 

3 hours ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Snoreson will play for a draw to ensure we keep crawling over the finish line. 

We could lose all five games to come and still win this league, so shit is it. Thank Christ teams were a bit scared of us early in the season or we'd be abut fifth.

Robbo-Jambo
39 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

What team are we fielding the one with the guys who are staying or the couldn’t give a **** team?

My prediction Shay Logan to be MoM wait till you see the difference between a player trying to win a contract and one who quite frankly does care so long as his 4 year deal isn’t in any danger.

Probably pull his hamstring within 15 mins knowing our luck with new players 🤐

Robbo-Jambo
15 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Those are all our available defenders bar Halliday. I think Logan Smith Halkett and Halliday is the best way but maybe robbie won’t agree. 

He won't.

It's far too sensible 😩

1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

We score 1st we win

They score 1st we scrape a draw.

3 nil. Gnando hat trick

3 points in any fashion is what’s needed. Gnando hat trick would do as well.

Horatio Caine
2 hours ago, Weonly151 said:

Gordon

Boyce Gnando

Interesting line up.  Could work.  Will be better when we learn how to spell McEneff's name...

I'd replace Kastaneer with Naismith though.

Gordon 

Logan Smith Halkett Halliday

Haring McGill

Henderson McEneff GMS

Boyce

Need to try something different in the middle of the park and get McEneff in the position we signed him for

Maroon Sailor
21 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

No hearts tv tomorrow. Not even audio

Pretty poor considering this could have been the match that Hearts officially wrapped the league up

1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Pretty poor considering this could have been the match that Hearts officially wrapped the league up

I imagine it's not been Hearts' decision...

15 hours ago, HillmanHearts said:

I wonder if Smithie knows he’s playing centre half yet, and if he and CG have been introduced to the new right back.

Tricky time frame to bed in a new right back and to reshape the back four before Saturday.

However based on recent defensive ineptitude it’s probably still the right thing to do.

Both teams with a lot to prove.

I can’t call it.
Dunfermline have been dire but we are pretty gutless - especially away from home.

2-2.

We all know what happens when we play a team that can't buy a win.

39 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Interesting line up.  Could work.  Will be better when we learn how to spell McEneff's name...

I'd replace Kastaneer with Naismith though.

I would send him back to Coventry.

The Wrinkly Ninja

0-0

Hoping we don’t concede a goal because we will have to change our game plan and try to score.