**Mafia - The Ankh-Morpork Chronicles

The Hogfather

The Hogfather
1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

we were not given an order on who would have the action or how it would work

As I explained to you in the PM, there was no “order” at all and where you got the idea there was is beyond me. 

You lost, get over it. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• yvonnejambo

• Tenaciousdandy

• Riddley Walker

• The Hogfather

Tenaciousdandy
3 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

we were not given an order on who would have the action or how it would work

personally i'd think it would go

dibbler seeing as he could block any player

doc or cop

goons

spotter

assassin

The Hogfather
Just now, Tenaciousdandy said:

doc or cop

goons

spotter

assassin

Milky had the opportunity to raise the question during the PM thread and decided not to. Until he decided he was unhappy (after he was already dead), then he started complaining. Now he’s back, complaining about it after the fact, rather than asking when it mattered. 

1 minute ago, Nunya Business said:

Milky had the opportunity to raise the question during the PM thread and decided not to. Until he decided he was unhappy (after he was already dead), then he started complaining. Now he’s back, complaining about it after the fact, rather than asking when it mattered. 

Possibly drunk.

yvonnejambo

Don’t worry Nunya, I think every game I have modded I have always had someone/ or a team complain about something ☺️

The Hogfather
Just now, yvonnejambo said:

Don’t worry Nunya, I think every game I have modded I have always had someone/ or a team complain about something ☺️

Thanks Yvonne. It’s been an overall positive experience. If certain players are unhappy with the way I’ve run the game, they know what to do the next time I run one :) 

1 hour ago, Tenaciousdandy said:

I let you live peasant 🤣🤣🤣 I defended you as you had voted stuart 

Yes, I fully intended for you to think it was your idea 🤪

Prince Buaben

Thanks for the game Nunya.

Wasn't familiar with the theme and it lost me from there. Well done though don't envy modding this lot

Echo what’s already been said.

Excellent modding Nunya on what was an imaginative and now doubt tricky first game to run.

Think I will relax with a couple of glasses of red and a winners grin in n my face 😘

Tenaciousdandy
3 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

Thanks Yvonne. It’s been an overall positive experience. If certain players are unhappy with the way I’ve run the game, they know what to do the next time I run one :) 

thought you did well considering the amount of roles you had for your first attempt at running a game, good to hear you'll be doing it again 

Tenaciousdandy
5 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Echo what’s already been said.

Excellent modding Nunya on what was an imaginative and now doubt tricky first game to run.

Think I will relax with a couple of glasses of red and a winners grin in n my face 😘

we were doubting you when you did your good deed then followed with the leave us turncoats for now 

Edited by Tenaciousdandy

Great game Nunya and I loved the theme. I was sure Yvonne wasn't bad, but hadn't picked up on the Doc role.

And what a debut for Wee Jambo. I went over the game concept and roles before the start then left him to it. No help or coaching from me at all. The only indication from him came today when he couldn't hide his delight at Bunny being a goon :rofl:

1 minute ago, Tenaciousdandy said:

we were doubting you when you did your good deed then followed with the leave us tuencoats for now 

I forgot about that.

Im still non the wiser about the official word?

Rudi was adamant my vote on Dunks should have stood?

17 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

Great job mate. I couldve argued you did me out of winning the game on a technicality, but i'm happy to go with the refs decision. I even accepted your answer for a couple of hours, which could have won it for the goons. But the way you structured your answer made me think i was missing something and i'm glad thats the way it was in the end - kept a good game going longer.

I did have to check the original post 15million times though 🤣🤣

Rudi Skacel
5 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

I forgot about that.

There was a lynch late last night. Non voters only get punished if they dont vote by deadline. Not for a lynch day kill. 

Tenaciousdandy
1 minute ago, Vlad Magic said:

I forgot about that.

probably wanted rid of dunks as hes a good player and was suspicious of bunny 

4 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Great game Nunya and I loved the theme. I was sure Yvonne wasn't bad, but hadn't picked up on the Doc role.

And what a debut for Wee Jambo. I went over the game concept and roles before the start then left him to it. No help or coaching from me at all. The only indication from him came today when he couldn't hide his delight at Bunny being a goon :rofl:

great wee addition to the mafia game

Tenaciousdandy
6 minutes ago, Seats said:

Great job mate. I couldve argued you did me out of winning the game on a technicality, but i'm happy to go with the refs decision. I even accepted your answer for a couple of hours, which could have won it for the goons. But the way you structured your answer made me think i was missing something and i'm glad thats the way it was in the end - kept a good game going longer.

I did have to check the original post 15million times though 🤣🤣

yep tbh the goons should have been done for as bunny should have had to confirm the kill so works  all ways 

Well done fellow townies.

Cheers fot the game Nunya. Even if I did have to keep going back to check what all the roles were :lol:

Tenaciousdandy
1 minute ago, iantjambo said:

Well done fellow townies.

Cheers fot the game Nunya. Even if I did have to keep going back to check what all the roles were :lol:

tbh  i just had a tab with page 1 open lol 

Peakybunnet
59 minutes ago, Tenaciousdandy said:

doc or cop

goons

spotter

assassin

Assassin could only kill during the day. 

The Hogfather
8 minutes ago, Boof said:

So, chaps, for someone who has read NO Pratchett (yet)...where do I start?

Definitely Mort. It’s one of his earliest ones but widely regarded as the best. 

Tenaciousdandy
1 minute ago, Peakybunnet said:

Assassin could only kill during the day. 

brain fart moment lol

Tenaciousdandy
2 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

I'm going to read them when i go back to work to pass the time

7 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

Amazon is telling me it's DiscWorld 4 - is that a series where you get to know the characters as you go along?

Would I be better going for DW1?

The Hogfather
7 minutes ago, Boof said:

Amazon is telling me it's DiscWorld 4 - is that a series where you get to know the characters as you go along?

Would I be better going for DW1?

There’s a few mini-series that go on through the books, but there’s a few standalone ones too. Mort is more of a standalone book, but the first two describe the setting really well. 

The Colour of Magic & The Light Fantastic follow the same characters but they don’t really feature much in later novels. Apart from Rincewind, he pops up now and again. 

19 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

Binky is the real star :D

The Hogfather
Just now, Dunks said:

Binky is the real star :D

Blasphemy :laugh: Albert is the true star of the Death books. 

Tenaciousdandy
9 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

Blasphemy :laugh: Albert is the true star of the Death books. 

i personally think its the librarian is true star of all the books :lol:

The Hogfather
2 minutes ago, Tenaciousdandy said:

i personally think its the librarian is true star of all the books :lol:

I’m not gonna lie, he’s only just beaten to number one by Death for me. I’ve listened to a lot of the audiobooks read by Nigel Planer and he brings him to life so well!

Tenaciousdandy
9 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

I’m not gonna lie, he’s only just beaten to number one by Death for me. I’ve listened to a lot of the audiobooks read by Nigel Planer and he brings him to life so well!

haha cool i was only saying that due to my role lol i could get in to the audio books tbh especially at work as i usually have a earphone in listening to something to pass the pass 

have you watched good omens? that is based on pratchett stories is it not? i've started it, its pretty decent so far altho i do like tennant and sheen 

Edited by Tenaciousdandy

The Hogfather
2 minutes ago, Tenaciousdandy said:

haha cool i was only saying that due to my role lol i could get in to the audio books tbh especially at work as i usually have a earphone in listening to something to pass the pass 

have you watched good omens? that is based on pratchett stories is it not? i've started it, its pretty decent so far altho i do like tennant and sheen 

Yeah, I read and watched that last year. It’s really, really good. I’m a fan of Neil Gaiman too so it’s a no brainer when the two of them get together!

Bunny Munro
1 hour ago, Dunks said:

I'll take that as a compliment 😂

Peakybunnet

Cheers  Nunya.

Well modded. 

There are always challenges and sometimes it has to be your way or the highway. 

Overall think the game got easier for the town due to the extra investigations Shapes had. 

Without that they could easily have lost. 

Bunny Munro

I've never read the discworld books, but did play the PC point and click adventures as a kid, where Rincewind was the lead character.

Agree with those who enjoy the librarian monkeying around.

Tenaciousdandy
6 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

I'll take that as a compliment 😂

So was my theory right about you hoping a non goon would vote yvonne lol 

Bunny Munro
1 hour ago, Tenaciousdandy said:

So was my theory right about you hoping a non goon would vote yvonne lol 

More or less. I thought there might be scope to get Yvonne lynched so tried to push it that way. Fruitless it was.

The Hogfather

For anyone that might be interested in the audiobooks of the series, I have them on my hard drive and am going to try and put them them on Google Drive for Dandy. If I get it working, happy to send the link to anyone who wants it.

Cheers.

Tenaciousdandy
2 hours ago, Wee jambo said:

I liked annoying Andy and milky :sergioyay:that was fun and well done town

Yeah well done archie 🤪😂 I had put Alfie first then edited it as I second guessed myself and thought it was wrong lol 

Stuart McNeill
55 minutes ago, Wee jambo said:

Who’s doing the next game 

I think shapes said she was organising one. A birthday theme for her and Princes birthday.