Won the Championship by 12 Points (title updated)

wattie exploited

2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

I’d be surprised if Halkett plays 

if so - who replaces him? or perhaps a back three? white, smith, logan???

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• jr ewing

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, daavojaay said:

Personally i would put out a youth team that would at least give something back as they have futures to play for,these players have nothing to play for. There future is already decided so why are they gonna try any harder

What players would you play, have the yoofs been playing well? 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Hope you’re right but... 

Team on a poor run, getting hammered by fans, can’t win a game, manager under pressure. Teams next fixture is Hearts. 

.... Hang on a sec I’ve seen this film 

Ends the same ****ing way every time. 

We're like a gift in this scenerio, probably give them a goal in the first minute or so just to give them a wee boost. 

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

I’d firmly suggest Dunfermline is a must win game. 

As I say, you seem not to be grasping the meaning of "a  must win game". 

Folk do use it to create a bit of drama tho, so I get the context.

1 hour ago, Riccarton3 said:

Well, we'll see. I think he'll start on the bench.

Believe he has been brought in because we only have three defenders available and one of them hasn’t played for a while. 

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Rubbish, I’d take 10 points clear with five to go in any season in the future. I think every club and fans would. Squeaky bum time is when you are 1 or 2 points ahead with five to go. 

Yip, this is just a bit shite, stumbling. 

Squeaky bum time and must win games could be incoming tho if we don't win any games soon. 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Yip, this is just a bit shite, stumbling. 

Squeaky bum time and must win games could be incoming tho if we don't win any games soon. 

Have said for a couple of weeks now we already have enough points. Think that’s still the case.  
Another 3-6 would keep everybody happier though. 

So, it's down to 10 points ahead now. 

When we played QoS down at their place i'm sure (when Neilson was interviewed pre-match) he was told that a win tonight would put us 15 points ahead. His response was that that was basically his team-talk. We didn't win. That was about seven games ago and a potential 21 points up for grabs. The title may have (would have) been already sewn up. So why is it that we've struggled since? What's gone on in the players' heads? Wasn't that incentive enough!?

Nothing less than three points on Saturday will do. It will ease any pressure and for me, i'd feel that it was important enough to say that the title is won. I think we'd beat Alloa at Tynie...job done but this Dunfermline one is vital. 

As bad as we have been don't think we are going to suddenly lose all 5 of our remaining games. I think we will beat Alloa and probably at worst draw with Morton and Inverness. In that scenario that's enough to get us up. 

16 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

As bad as we have been don't think we are going to suddenly lose all 5 of our remaining games. I think we will beat Alloa and probably at worst draw with Morton and Inverness. In that scenario that's enough to get us up. 

Yep, there’s been a lot of pant-wetting last 26  pages. 

hmfc_liam06
3 hours ago, gashauskis9 said:

Yep.  If we win and both Raith and Dundee lose their next game then it’s done. 

Even draws would do, not mathematically but as good as.

1 hour ago, H2 said:

Our record this year is mid table stuff

P 14 W5 D4 L5, so we have only won 5 out of 14 games in 2021

That would be bad enough in premier league never mind the championship 😱

27 minutes ago, theshed said:

That would be bad enough in premier league never mind the championship 😱

To be fair they are not all Championship games, there is the Scottish Cup game too!!!!!

20 hours ago, Jim Panzee said:

ordinarily I would have Haring in like a shot. but feedback on here suggests his legs have gone?

I am no sure on this one.

If not Haring then the boy Mcgill. Either way Irving needs to be taken out of the firing line. 

bringonthesevco
On 31/03/2021 at 11:00, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Because no bigger clubs are in the division as was the case over the last 6-7 years when Hibs Rangers and DUFC all struggled to get out. There’s 1 automatic promotion slot and it should be guaranteed for us. That’s why it’s the worst in years. There is nobody even remotely close to Hearts in terms of money.

That’s why Saturday is so important to banish the doubts. It has been a horrendous feeling over the last week to see players completely shrink and vanish, some of them appeared to quit / give up, maybe because they know they’re already as good as emptied. That trends needs to be reversed by those players with some semblance of self respect like Boyce Halliday Walker Smith Gordon who’ve been the leaders this season in terms of their individual contributions to the games we have won. Fail to win Saturday and there will be more than a few cheeky tenners being chucked on Hearts to bottle this league. Must win. 

I'm assuming you adding Halliday in there is an April Fools ???

Saint Jambo
19 hours ago, H2 said:

Our record this year is mid table stuff

P 14 W5 D4 L5, so we have only won 5 out of 14 games in 2021

I thought I'd have a look at this on my lunch break.

Our record this year in all competitions is actually

P14 W6 D4 L4

In the league it is

QotS    P12 W7 D2 L3 Pts 23

Hearts P13 W6 D4 L3 Pts22

Raith P13 W6 D3 L4 Pts21

Inverness P13 W4 D6 L3 Pts20

Dundee P11 W5 D2 L4 Pts17

Arbroath P12 W4 D5 L3 Pts17

Ayr United P12 W3 D4 L5 Pts 13

Dunfermline P11 W3 D2 L6 Pts11

Alloa P12 W2 D5 L5 Pts11

Morton P13 W2 D5 L6 Pts11

So 2nd rather than mid table form.

Queen of the South have had a great second half of the year, but were truly awful in Oct to Dec, taking 7 points from 10 games. Dunfermline have really struggled after a great start. Hearts have the three teams bottom of this form table still to play, with two of those at home. Not time to panic quite yet!

(I guess I should point out that I don't think this means we are great or that there is nothing wrong at the club. I still want rid of Neilson. Just pointing out that sometimes the facts aren't quite as dire as people want to make them out to be.)

59 minutes ago, Rods said:

I am no sure on this one.

If not Haring then the boy Mcgill. Either way Irving needs to be taken out of the firing line. 

it could be a case of no confidence with the current defence (in the last few games) thats seen Haring struggle - and Irving as well. 

I'm hoping a solid defence will spread confidence throughout the rest of the team and rejuvenate team mates 

A_A wehatethehibs
1 hour ago, bringonthesevco said:

I'm assuming you adding Halliday in there is an April Fools ???

You could say the same about Walker

and Smith neither of them have had a good season, been disinterested and sloppy on many occasions. But the 5 players mentioned have been the back bone of the 14 wins we have had in my opinion, Hallidays played in all them wins, so we need these guys to step forward and win the game on Saturday and see Hearts season through. Because if we lose it is well and truly panic button time. Obviously Smith and Gordon coming back are far more important than Halliday though tbf - by miles. And hopefully Logan will show a bit of bravery and leadership as well, to set some higher standards. A depressing end to the season to be 5 games out but still giving other teams hope 

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

It would perfectly sum up the season if we beat Dunfermline, get beat by Alloa on the telly next week and then win the league because Raith get beat the following day. Just feels right.

Under our current governance and team management I'm almost scared of promotion.

Never thought I would see the day when we would be considered underdogs in comparison to clubs like Ross County and Livingston.  That's where we find ourselves and it's been like that for a long time now.

Trusting the same people who created this disgrace to get us out of it is laughable and insulting.

We should live in the top 6 and be well capable of challenging for 3rd place at the very least.  We're miles off that.

1 hour ago, Saint Jambo said:

I thought I'd have a look at this on my lunch break.

Our record this year in all competitions is actually

P14 W6 D4 L4

In the league it is

QotS    P12 W7 D2 L3 Pts 23

Hearts P13 W6 D4 L3 Pts22

Raith P13 W6 D3 L4 Pts21

Inverness P13 W4 D6 L3 Pts20

Dundee P11 W5 D2 L4 Pts17

Arbroath P12 W4 D5 L3 Pts17

Ayr United P12 W3 D4 L5 Pts 13

Dunfermline P11 W3 D2 L6 Pts11

Alloa P12 W2 D5 L5 Pts11

Morton P13 W2 D5 L6 Pts11

So 2nd rather than mid table form.

Queen of the South have had a great second half of the year, but were truly awful in Oct to Dec, taking 7 points from 10 games. Dunfermline have really struggled after a great start. Hearts have the three teams bottom of this form table still to play, with two of those at home. Not time to panic quite yet!

(I guess I should point out that I don't think this means we are great or that there is nothing wrong at the club. I still want rid of Neilson. Just pointing out that sometimes the facts aren't quite as dire as people want to make them out to be.)

Clearly, I can't count!

5 hours ago, Jim Panzee said:

it could be a case of no confidence with the current defence (in the last few games) thats seen Haring struggle - and Irving as well. 

I'm hoping a solid defence will spread confidence throughout the rest of the team and rejuvenate team mates 

Fingers crossed. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 28/03/2021 at 10:11, Sooperstar said:

Seriously. We have 3 teams who, If they win all their games, can get to 51 points. I reckon we could lose every game left and still win the league. At most 47 points will be needed to take it, so we just need a draw somewhere.

The fact that folk are genuinely still worrying about it is precisely why Neilson needs punted.

Just to point out how ridiculous those shiting it that we might get caught by one of the chasing pack - it appears that even at this point back in March we had enough points to win the league.

2 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Just to point out how ridiculous those shiting it that we might get caught by one of the chasing pack - it appears that even at this point back in March we had enough points to win the league.

Nice bump

wattie exploited

might have been a closer league if we played a whole set of games thanks **** it wasnt though :rifle:

• davemclaren changed the title to 11 Points in front (title updated)
eyesandears

Christ, we absolutely walked this league. Funny looking back on this thread some of the pant wetters 😂

Be nice to close this thread off tonight as it's goodbye to this pish league

• davemclaren changed the title to 12 Points in front (title updated)
Jambo in Bathgate
1 hour ago, eyesandears said:

Christ, we absolutely walked this league. Funny looking back on this thread some of the pant wetters 😂

Be nice to close this thread off tonight as it's goodbye to this pish league

Seconded 

On 31/03/2021 at 16:59, soonbe110 said:

Have said for a couple of weeks now we already have enough points. Think that’s still the case.  
Another 3-6 would keep everybody happier though. 

Well, well, indeed we did. 

Hopefully Logan will be awarded another year. He's been very good, GMS is playing great and Halliday has shoved humble pie down my throat. 

Mon Hearts! 

:yas:

A_A wehatethehibs

I don’t think anyone can argue at all that it’s not been a good league campaign. Sure there’s been a number of flat games away at the various empty parks. The entire Neilson sacking talk is based on the cups. 

But let’s hope the fans anger at the 2 humiliating cup exits has served as a warning blast to Neilson. Now all he can do is sit there with the rest of us and hope Dundee United or St Johnstone can do us a favour. 

Mr Brightside
8 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I don’t think anyone can argue at all that it’s not been a good league campaign. Sure there’s been a number of flat games away at the various empty parks. The entire Neilson sacking talk is based on the cups. 

But let’s hope the fans anger at the 2 humiliating cup exits has served as a warning blast to Neilson. Now all he can do is sit there with the rest of us and hope Dundee United or St Johnstone can do us a favour.

People will argue that it’s been a poor league campaign, I would disagree. There have been some poor performances but results wise and points per game it’s the best since Rangers were promoted. 
Our PPG this year is better than that of  Hibs and Dundee Utd amongst others, which gives some context to our overall results.

Bad Religion
12 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

🤦🏽

Bull's-eye
17 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

People will argue that it’s been a poor league campaign, I would disagree. There have been some poor performances but results wise and points per game it’s the best since Rangers were promoted. 
Our PPG this year is better than that of  Hibs and Dundee Utd amongst others, which gives some context to our overall results.

In a nutshell.

A_A wehatethehibs
25 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

in other words they’ll argue it but they won’t have an argument. Because the league is about, the position, PPG and goal difference. How can that be “bad”? Over a shortened season we’ve got the job done. It’s not arguing that every game has been good but the campaign on the whole. 17 wins out of 27, promoted. Pretty much same as DUFC last season. So now we just move on. But those cup performances genuinely will cause a riot if repeated in front of fans next season. Horrendous and he’s only spared by the fact that we’ve got 1st. 

kingantti1874
49 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

before Alloa at home I’d say we had 2 decent performances all season.Dundee at home  and Raith away. 

we be played walking football most of the season, slow turgid stuff.

the difference in energy the last few weeks has been material. That should have been the standard all season

Harry Potter
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Hopefully Logan will be awarded another year. He's been very good, GMS is playing great and Halliday has shoved humble pie down my throat. 

Mon Hearts! 

:yas:

must admit was not sure about logan before he arrived but hes been a great addition to the team, hard worker and very skillfull. GMS has come good, happy for him.

18 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

before Alloa at home I’d say we had 2 decent performances all season.Dundee at home  and Raith away. 

the difference in energy the last few weeks has been material. That should have been the standard all season

Too low targets imo after hearing Neilson last night.

He may just have not articulated well what he meant and that key target was simply promotion but he said we surpassed the points target we set which ended up the equivalent of all home games won, 1 away win and 12 away draws.

I think we are a good 8 points at least short.

At start of season someone said with our squad we would 'only' get 57 and in reality the rest of the teams can barely each put 2 squad equivalent players to ours, I'd have been disappointed.

Edited by DETTY29

Stendelnator

We failed to win over a third of our games in a seaside league. How is that acceptable? Morton are in the relegation play-offs and we failed to beat them on two occasions. 

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Folk have bleated on about performances when we go away to Arbroath or Ayr and win 1-0, or a few draws, or beat Morton 2-0. Somehow these go down in this “bad” performance bracket when the bigger picture is, we’ve ended 27 game season with a goal difference of +39 FFs. The next best team is on +9 :lol: If we could replicate that form next season against better sides, it would be good. It’s not just a difference in energy it’s a difference in personnel. Mceneff and GMS have only been here 3 months, plenty of folk wrote them off after 2-3 games. Back in the day we used to give a player at least 10-15 games to settle and find his feet. And Soapy and Haring now getting back to 60-70% fitness? That’s all they’re at now for me and they’re better players than Irving and Popescu. And with Wighton binned by Robbie in January that’s given Henderson more opportunities, he’s looking like a player at the beginning of his rise IMO. So just time to move on and sort the wheat from the chaff again. Neilson is not actually all that far from getting a genuine good team together if you look at the personnel. So let’s hope he does it because will not be pretty if he gets off to a bad start next season 

3 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

We failed to win over a third of our games in a seaside league. How is that acceptable? Morton are in the relegation play-offs and we failed to beat them on two occasions. 

At start of season I'd have been looking at:- You might switch odd one around.

All wins- Alloa, Arbroath, Morton, Ayr, (36)

2 wins 1 draw - Dunfermline; QoS; ICT (21)

2 wins, 1 defeat - Dundee, Raith (12)

So 69 points, lose 4 for state of Morton pitch, wind at Arbroath at a push.

Mr Brightside
1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

Too low targets imo after hearing Neilson last night.

He may just have not articulated well what he meant and that key target was simply promotion but he said we surpassed the points target we set which ended up the equivalent of all home games won, 1 away win and 12 away draws.

I think we are a good 8 points at least short.

At start of season someone said with our squad we would 'only' get 57 and in reality the rest of the teams can barely each put 2 squad equivalent players to ours, I'd have been disappointed.

1 hour ago, Stendelnator said:

Relative to other teams who win the Championship we have got the best points per game since Rangers were promoted. Surely that means we have got an acceptable points total.

Don’t get me wrong some of the games have been awful.

eyesandears

The only thing that matters is we are up at the first time of asking. Points gained, points lost, goals scored, goals conceded, dodgy pitches, storm force winds, points per game, corrupt voting at the SPFL, shite performances, poor attitude of players, unfathomable tactics, lack of ambition, unrealistic expectations. None of it matters now. It's over and we're up as Champions. LET'S MOVE ON.

Next season should be different in that some of us will have the chance of getting back into the stadium. Craig, Ann and Robbie have lived a very very charmed life with no live supporters in stadium. The gloves are off from the first whistle next season though and as a poster above said a good start is essential or things will get toxic quickly.

Stendelnator
1 hour ago, Mr Brightside said:

Relative to other teams who win the Championship we have got the best points per game since Rangers were promoted. Surely that means we have got an acceptable points total.

Promotion was the bare minimum. This was a chance to build a team and develop a consistent playing style as well as blooding young players for next season. As it is, we’re going into another summer of massive squad overhaul. It’s been dreadful. 

2 hours ago, Mr Brightside said:

Yes, to an extent.

Hibs, Falkirk, QoS of then were all far better than than Raith, Dundee, Dunfermline of now, imo.

Plus Alloa and Brora and the dire other performances.

Edited by DETTY29

wattie exploited

no one will remember much about this season apart from the borra game which will never be forgotten but we are back up so lets move on and support who ever is in charge and the team and hopefully it will be a much better season of attacking football :rifle: 

The Treasurer
3 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

no one will remember much about this season apart from the borra game which will never be forgotten but we are back up so lets move on and support who ever is in charge and the team and hopefully it will be a much better season of attacking football :rifle: 

Well said Wattie 

wattie exploited
19 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Well said Wattie 

that's what most hearts fans will do once the season starts :rifle:

• davemclaren changed the title to Won the Championship by 12 Points (title updated)