SILENCE from the Board - Statement Issued ( updated )

Absolute Scenes

1 hour ago, StevenNaismith said:

Currently adorning the scaffolding on Mcleod Street.

BF8C7FBA-7B2A-4EEF-AF3D-203C3E78DD5C.jpeg

Looks photoshopped but probably just the glare. 

Edited by D4nny_

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Auldbenches

• graygo

• iainmac

• NANOJAMBO

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

StevenNaismith
14 minutes ago, D4nny_ said:

Looks photoshopped but probably just the glare. 

100% real. Seen it with my own old eyes.

1 hour ago, Rods said:

Problem for Stendel was he was pushing the football side out of the comfort zone and also moving Budge out of the way with the football side of things. Budge must have been desperate to get back involved and bring back medocrity.

Spot on , Craig didn’t lay such great foundations for some foreigner to wreck it , better bring back Robbie 

1 hour ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Just ignore circumstances. 

FWIW Stendel IMO was the right appointment at the wrong time. However, he may have kept us up - we will never know. He would most likely have won the Championship- same as I probably would have. 

I actually think someone like Stuart McCall would have kept us up last season - it would have been short term but it might of been for the greater good. 

However, pursued Stendel for months and waded through contract disputes because he would try to bring the type of football we wanted - as I say not knowing the league, the players, not having all his staff, English being a 2nd language, taking over a team part way through a season, taking money a team with about 4 wins in a year - it was going to take time - time he never got! 

Again - right man, wrong time. 

Yeah - hindsight if he had implemented his style now wed be a year in and might have a clue - but everyone here thought gegenpress was all about a high press football and not letting the other team breathe - its not its actually counter attacking football. Fans and the media had it all wrong.

It’s a start but would rather they looked a bit better. Plaza being covered in protest signs would be good (rather than social distanced people that’ll get negative press). This isn’t going to go away, and while it is a minority doing the visuals it is a feeling felt by the entire support which the board need to realise sooner rather than later. 

God forbid we lose today :ninja:

9 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Disappointed, The plane set the bar.

That falls way short, no style, no fun, no flair.......

Vlad should park his sub on leith docks with budge and neilson out painted on the side..

Dusk_Till_Dawn
9 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

Currently adorning the scaffolding on Mcleod Street.

BF8C7FBA-7B2A-4EEF-AF3D-203C3E78DD5C.jpeg

:pleasing:

Give it tight to these weapons

No idea how much the plane cost but more than willing to contribute to the cause. Time for whoever hired it last time to step forward. We must get the message over to the arrogance being shown to us the fans. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Vlad should park his sub on leith docks with budge and neilson out painted on the side..

That would be a sight. 

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, Rods said:

Problem for Stendel was he was pushing the football side out of the comfort zone and also moving Budge out of the way with the football side of things. Budge must have been desperate to get back involved and bring back medocrity.

That wasn't the problem, the problem was that what he tried failed and taken us to 12th.

He failed to adapt to the players he Inherited. The signings he made were worse than what we had and he taken far to long to drop the gk. 

He was a one trick pony, no surprise the best games were v hibs away and rangers. Teams that matched us up and again no surprise that teams ike Hamilton and St Mirren out played us. 

He was too slow to adapt, his January signings were poor, he has admitted choosing a gk because he was good with his feet and stepped up high ( while anything at the actual goal went in). 

Long term, who knows. 

Wanting Robbie gone is fair enough but the championing of a manager, a nice guy for for but one that actually helped us get demoted is now beyond a joke. 

Stendals tactics in this league might have actually made promotion a closer run thing. 

Teams would have sat back even more, hit it over the top and we'd have dropped more points imo. 

However, no one knows as he's not with us and  still currently unemployed. 

Berra than you
9 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

100% real. Seen it with my own old eyes.

I passed this morning at 7.30 and was there, just drive past again now and I think it's been taken down. I was driving the wrong way to see it properly but it looks like it's been removed. Strikers plastered everywhere still though 

kingantti1874
16 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

I passed this morning at 7.30 and was there, just drive past again now and I think it's been taken down. I was driving the wrong way to see it properly but it looks like it's been removed. Strikers plastered everywhere still though 

Strikers everywhere? 😜 

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 hours ago, kila said:

It’s a start but would rather they looked a bit better. Plaza being covered in protest signs would be good (rather than social distanced people that’ll get negative press). This isn’t going to go away, and while it is a minority doing the visuals it is a feeling felt by the entire support which the board need to realise sooner rather than later. 

God forbid we lose today :ninja:

Totally agree it isn't going away!! This would've happened last year if the spl hadn't demoted us and Budge going through the courts gave the supporters something to back her with taking on the powers that be 

22 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

That wasn't the problem, the problem was that what he tried failed and taken us to 12th.

He failed to adapt to the players he Inherited. The signings he made were worse than what we had and he taken far to long to drop the gk. 

He was a one trick pony, no surprise the best games were v hibs away and rangers. Teams that matched us up and again no surprise that teams ike Hamilton and St Mirren out played us. 

He was too slow to adapt, his January signings were poor, he has admitted choosing a gk because he was good with his feet and stepped up high ( while anything at the actual goal went in). 

Long term, who knows. 

Wanting Robbie gone is fair enough but the championing of a manager, a nice guy for for but one that actually helped us get demoted is now beyond a joke. 

Stendals tactics in this league might have actually made promotion a closer run thing. 

Teams would have sat back even more, hit it over the top and we'd have dropped more points imo. 

However, no one knows as he's not with us and  still currently unemployed. 

Rods right.

You seem to fail to accept he pushed the team. He had his flaws in maybe being too adventurous with his tactics but how could you expect anyone to come in and sprinkle magic dust on a floundering squad (for 3 seasons which you ignore), a bad attitude, no fight and horrendous form?

It was clear to anyone he started to improve individuals, had us playing quicker, more accurate football. The high line caught us out but how many games did Hearts actually start well for a change in comparison to Levein’s incarnation of Hearts?

Stendel didn’t take over a mid table team where he had space to breath and make mistakes.  He was between a rock and a hard place. Fans demanding wins but you are demanding wins from the same set of soft players who had Hearts spiralling downwards. 

If anything, some of the stuff he had Hearts playing was admirable given the utter state they were in.   

The same people who kept faith in Levein and said he should keep getting time are probably the ones who wanted Stendel out after 5 minutes. 

1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

Rods right.

You seem to fail to accept he pushed the team. He had his flaws in maybe being too adventurous with his tactics but how could you expect anyone to come in and sprinkle magic dust on a floundering squad (for 3 seasons which you ignore), a bad attitude, no fight and horrendous form?

It was clear to anyone he started to improve individuals, had us playing quicker, more accurate football. The high line caught us out but how many games did Hearts actually start well for a change in comparison to Levein’s incarnation of Hearts?

Stendel didn’t take over a mid table team where he had space to breath and make mistakes.  He was between a rock and a hard place. Fans demanding wins but you are demanding wins from the same set of soft players who had Hearts spiralling downwards. 

If anything, some of the stuff he had Hearts playing was admirable given the utter state they were in.   

The same people who kept faith in Levein and said he should keep getting time are probably the ones who wanted Stendel out after 5 minutes. 

Also in that documentary Stendel was shocked the players didn’t have more competition between each other. The whole club is soft. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Rods right.

Nah, not at all for me. 

He just needed to keep us of bottom, he failed miserably. 

Also, who wanted Stendel out after 5 minutes? 

The championing of Stendel is now beyond parody imo. 

If you read this with no knowledge you'd think he was up there with macdonald, JJ etc. Some kind of hero, not a guy that taken us bottom 4 behind ****ing Hamilton. 

He got the shitty end of the stick, agreed. 

He failed in his short time and now Robbie picked up the shitty stick. 

Folk affording Stendel time despite his failures, are not giving to Robbie. 

Circles. 

Stendel isn't manager, know one knows what he would have done. 

It's all guesses. 

Robbie is, top of the league, humiliated in the sc. 

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Nah, not at all for me. 

He just needed to keep us of bottom, he failed miserably. 

Also, who wanted Stendel out after 5 minutes? 

The championing of Stendel is now beyond parody imo. 

If you read this with no knowledge you'd think he was up there with macdonald, JJ etc. Some kind of hero, not a guy that taken us bottom 4 behind ****ing Hamilton. 

He got the shitty end of the stick, agreed. 

He failed in his short time and now Robbie picked up the shitty stick. 

Folk affording Stendel time despite his failures, are not giving to Robbie. 

Circles. 

Stendel isn't manager, know one knows what he would have done. 

It's all guesses. 

Robbie is, top of the league, humiliated in the sc. 

Set Phasers to Deflect! 

Stendel is long gone. 

This is about getting rid of the current incumbent, not the last one. 

FFS! 

Nookie Bear
21 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Rods right.

The same problems Robbie is using as an excuse now, even though he had a full summer to deal with it, followed by a season in a pub league. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, iainmac said:

Set Phasers to Deflect! 

Stendel is long gone. 

FFS! 

It should be. 

Folk banging on about Stendel tho. 

Phasers don't go to Deflect, they go to stun. 😜

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It should be. 

Folk banging on about Stendel tho. 

Phasers don't go to Deflect, they go to stun. 😜

Congratulations. 

You've finally made a good point. 

Neilson Out! 

1 hour ago, Des Lynam said:

Also in that documentary Stendel was shocked the players didn’t have more competition between each other. The whole club is soft. 

Washington quoted as saying it was good to be actually worked on by the manager too. Given some feeling of worth.

I’m not putting Stendel on a pedestal. It’s the ignorance of others failure to recognise there was something positive bubbling while the major flaws still remained. 

I saw it all myself and of course he got things wrong, but wasn’t he in that period of trying to learn about his squad?  

The hard of thinking don’t get it. Stendel didn’t have the time, he had to get it right as soon as he could. I wouldn’t have wished that on anyone at the time given the state of the team. 

Im not one who’s harking back to him as a stick to beat Neilson with. Hearts have been a failure for a while now and unfortunately for Stendel, it’s on his CV now. 

Edited by Debut 4

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Washington quoted as saying it was good to be actually worked on by the manager too. Given some feeling of worth.

I’m not putting Stendel on a pedestal. It’s the ignorance of others failure to recognise there was something positive bubbling while the major flaws still remained. 

I saw it all myself and of course he got things wrong, but wasn’t he in that period of trying to learn about his squad?  

The hard of thinking don’t get it. Stendel didn’t have the time, he had to get it right as soon as he could. I wouldn’t have wished that on anyone at the time given the state of the team. 

Im not one who’s harking back to him as a stick to beat Neilson with. Hearts have been a failure for a while now and unfortunately for Stendel, it’s on his CV now. 

No issue with that in general. 

But Stendel recognised CL's failures, it wasn't Robbie who Stendel taken over from? 

Is it Robbies fault these things happened when he wasn't here? 

Is he not reversing the same as Stendel, in fact worse, in the championship? 

The hard of thinking, sigh( folk that disagree - it takes away the main thrust of your post btw) I think everyone agrees that it would have Been good for him to continue. 

In fact, it would have meant we weren't demoted so good all round. 

The fact is, he left because he failed to keep us above 12th.

If he'd managed to keep us 10th, we'd have been in the top flight and he'd have been our manager. 

He didn't. 

What might have been, who knows. 

You don't and  I don't. 

12 hours ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Just ignore circumstances. 

FWIW Stendel IMO was the right appointment at the wrong time. However, he may have kept us up - we will never know. He would most likely have won the Championship- same as I probably would have. 

I actually think someone like Stuart McCall would have kept us up last season - it would have been short term but it might of been for the greater good. 

However, pursued Stendel for months and waded through contract disputes because he would try to bring the type of football we wanted - as I say not knowing the league, the players, not having all his staff, English being a 2nd language, taking over a team part way through a season, taking money a team with about 4 wins in a year - it was going to take time - time he never got! 

Again - right man, wrong time. 

It's all water under the bridge but it seems more and more extraordinary that you bring in a new team and discard them after a curtailed season. Different treatment for different folk which stinks again of a Board operating for their own comfort over the benefit of the club. 

1 hour ago, iainmac said:

Set Phasers to Deflect! 

Stendel is long gone. 

FFS! 

This...take the Stendel chat elsewhere 🤬

Footballfirst
3 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Strikers everywhere? 😜 

nb1.JPG.245b15b163d6eeb6d5ed0ef0244ca57a.JPG

nb2.JPG.f4d4af8a428a6387986413c7974ef39f.JPG

nb3.JPG.502cab3b61c07c3718cb02178f6f2c7b.JPG

nb4.JPG.03e2452f897f5169b1b7ca1998429717.JPG

nb5.JPG.ba8606a7b9f117395bd21c7d2d9aa7cb.JPG

Edited by Footballfirst

12 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

That last one is good. That could be the Board's next 'plan'. Work starts for 65 weeks. 

Italian Lambretta

Works starts for 65 weeks which is about the time it will take Budge to sack Neilson and find a new manager.

Auld Reekin'
5 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Works starts for 65 weeks which is about the time it will take Budge to sack Neilson, find a new manager, sack the new manager, and find a new manager.

f.t.f.y.

Probably won’t hear anything until Monday regarding this latest farce.

Although Budge might ask one of her PR team to release something tomorrow shaming those who protested.

2 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

Got sent this. Excellent stuff.

5B4058E2-CD78-4228-991F-8B13C066FF96.jpeg

Think it had it's own thread earlier today

Still very clever

7 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Just to take us off topic for a bit of a breather, but what the feck work takes 65 Weeks and where is it happening!? 

1 minute ago, Fraggle said:

Just to take us off topic for a bit of a breather, but what the feck work takes 65 Weeks and where is it happening!? 

Search party for Andrew McKinlay.

2 minutes ago, leginten said:

Search party for Andrew McKinlay.

🤣

Who!? 

Edited by Fraggle

Frank Sidebottom
3 minutes ago, Fraggle said:

The boardroom.  Time taken for Budge to sack Neilson. 

3 minutes ago, Fraggle said:

Gestation period of the elephant? 🐘 

Footballfirst
4 minutes ago, Fraggle said:

I don't know what's being done, but the sign is at the Russell Road end of McLeod St.