Prince Andrew

Maroon Sailor

4 minutes ago, indianajones said:

He just gave a woman money for something he didn't do. 

If that is not an admission of guilt then i dont know what is?

If Andrew hadn't done what he was accused of doing, Buckingham Palace would have fought the case tooth and nail, not only to defend his reputation, but also that of the monarchy.

By paying off Andrew's accuser, it is a tacit admission of guilt. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo-Jimbo

• A Boy Named Crow

• Auldbenches

• Unknown user

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
10 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

That's correct.  One of the chambers of parliament consists of appointed members rather than members elected by the people. By definition, therefore, the UK is not a democracy.

A similar situation exists in Canada.  Both countries are constitutional monarchies. 

An aspect of the UK's House of Lords that I consider to be especially archaic is that 25 of the Lords are Bishops and Archbishops. Bizarre situation in a largely secular country.

Absolutely. Anglicans are in the minority and even exclude Presbyterians in passing laws.

I can only imagine what the daily heil and express would say if Muslims were equally represented in the house of Lords.

Edited by Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Francis Albert
9 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

If Andrew hadn't done what he was accused of doing, Buckingham Palace would have fought the case tooth and nail, not only to defend his reputation, but also that of the monarchy.

No. It is what rich people do and always have done to avoid the embarrassment of a trial. Tacit admissions don't count in English, Scots, or Canadian law. Certainly not in the absence of a trial.

jack D and coke
25 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

She’s just a lovely cuddly old lady like all oor grannies protecting her family of sex cases with our money. 

92F081F5-7535-4677-AC83-84D4B77D259E.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

No. It is what rich people do and always have done to avoid the embarrassment of a trial. Tacit admissions don't count in English, Scots, or Canadian law. Certainly not in the absence of a trial.

The trial wouldn't have been embarrassing if he was innocent.  And the Windsors aren't merely rich, their position of privilege depends on maintaining their image of being laudatory.

A trial would have put the Windsor's reputation in jeopardy, therefore it was to be avoided at all costs.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 minute ago, Maple Leaf said:

The trial wouldn't have been embarrassing if he was innocent.  And the Windsors aren't merely rich, their position of privilege depends on maintaining their image of being laudatory.

A trial would have put the Windsor's reputation in jeopardy, therefore it was to be avoided at all costs.

So much so, that he even tried to get the trial held in London. Unbelievable. :lol:

The Mighty Thor
35 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

In what way shape or form are the USA and UK basket case countries?

Oh let me think

The prime minister, cabinet Secretary and the Queen's First and second sons are all facing police enquiries. 

The government is mired in shit of its own making from rampant lying and corruption not to mention the public finances.

Talking of which the monarch hands some random her son didnt know and never met £12 million quid. 

Meanwhile the 3rd country government is threatening to target the Russian money that put it in power in the first place. 

Yeah the country is a basket case

The Mighty Thor
6 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

She’s just a lovely cuddly old lady like all oor grannies protecting her family of sex cases with our money. 

Got to keep the commemorative tea towels turning over 👍

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Got to keep the commemorative tea towels turning over 👍

Don’t forget the dafties with the life expectancy of about 50 on the west of Scotland cooncil estates who want God tae save her. 
There has never been anything more ridiculous believed and sung by bigger arseholes on this fecking planet imo 🤣

Brain dead. 

Francis Albert
8 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Your first sentence is nonsense. Of course innocent people can be embarrassed by what may be revealed in a trial. ( I no doubt have to repeat that I am not saying Andrew Windsor is innocent).

As for your last sentence the Windsors' reputation is already trashed. Has been for ages for all but Royalist nuts.

The Mighty Thor
1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

Don’t forget the dafties with the life expectancy of about 50 on the west of Scotland cooncil estates who want God tae save her. 
There has never been anything more ridiculous believed and sung by bigger arseholes on this fecking planet imo 🤣

Brain dead. 

The ones that crack me up are the union jack suited fuds that sit outside the hospital everytime another parasite is added to the tax bill. 

It's sinister behaviour.  

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

The ones that crack me up are the union jack suited fuds that sit outside the hospital everytime another parasite is added to the tax bill. 

It's sinister behaviour.  

Nonces mate. Nonces. 

Malinga the Swinga
23 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Good grief, you aren't taking anything that troll spouts out as true.

After trying to accuse victims of abuse as abusers themselves, you would think she would shut up but nope, she carries on making up stories and fools are happy to accept it.

Andrew may or may not be guilty, we will never know the truth, but spare us from Sonia Poulton

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

In what way shape or form are the USA and UK basket case countries?

I honestly don't know how you get away with your drivel on here. You're an absolute troll  

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, indianajones said:

Indeed. Like Michael Jackson, who was also never convicted, paying off your victims makes you a nonce in my eyes.

jack D and coke
17 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Good grief, you aren't taking anything that troll spouts out as true.

After trying to accuse victims of abuse as abusers themselves, you would think she would shut up but nope, she carries on making up stories and fools are happy to accept it.

Andrew may or may not be guilty, we will never know the truth, but spare us from Sonia Poulton

I’ll listen to anyone who trashes the royals tbh🤷🏽‍♂️☺️

5 hours ago, Greenbank2 said:

But we don't. This is a country full of brainwashed sheep who exist only to serve to maintain the position of the existing ruling classes. The lie perpetrated for months that a Russian invasion of Ukraine is imminent now displaced by gossip about a sex pest within the family that citizens are told forges the identity of what it means to be British. Propaganda that even Goebbels could only aspire to. All designed to mask the industrial strength corruption, incompetence and law breaking of the "elected" representatives of the controlling elite. But hey, that's the "Great British" way.

50125621.jpg

44 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Your first sentence is nonsense. Of course innocent people can be embarrassed by what may be revealed in a trial. ( I no doubt have to repeat that I am not saying Andrew Windsor is innocent).

As for your last sentence the Windsors' reputation is already trashed. Has been for ages for all but Royalist nuts.

Stick with the topic.  We're not talking generally about "innocent people", I'm talking about the claim of innocence by Prince Andrew. 

What could possibly be revealed about an innocent Andrew that is so worrisome to Buckingham Palace, or him, that it isn't worth a trial that would publicly and completely restore his reputation and that of the Windsors in general?

A few short weeks ago, Andrew's lawyers were insisting on a trial.  They weren't afraid of any embarrassment then.

Earlier, you took exception to my use of the expression "tacit admission of guilt", saying that it has no basis in law.  This is no longer a legal matter but has moved to the court of public opinion and, in the eyes of the public, a monetary pay-off to a woman who has accused you of statutory rape is a tacit admission of guilt.

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Savage Vince said:

I honestly don't know how you get away with your drivel on here. You're an absolute troll  

Maybe the definition of a basket case country has changed dramatically to apply to two of the richest countries in the world. The undoubted problems of the US and UK are as far from the problems of what used to be called basket case countries as can be imagined. Countries of desperate poverty for most of the population, reliant on foreign aid, susceptible to disastrous famines, and endemic diseases unknown in more developed  countries, average life expectancies of 40 or thereabouts. Those countries still exist. I am never sure exactly what trolling means but equating those countries to the USA and UK might count?

2 hours ago, indianajones said:

Behave, you'll be telling me Micheal Jackson was guilty next,... 😮

Francis Albert
26 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

The good people of York must be a bit pissed off, eh?

I doubt it. I know we Edinburgers never felt much affinity or association with the Chooky Embra.

Francis Albert
48 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Stick with the topic.  We're not talking generally about "innocent people", I'm talking about the claim of innocence by Prince Andrew. 

What could possibly be revealed about an innocent Andrew that is so worrisome to Buckingham Palace, or him, that it isn't worth a trial that would publicly and completely restore his reputation and that of the Windsors in general?

A few short weeks ago, Andrew's lawyers were insisting on a trial.  They weren't afraid of any embarrassment then.

Earlier, you took exception to my use of the expression "tacit admission of guilt", saying that it has no basis in law.  This is no longer a legal matter but has moved to the court of public opinion and, in the eyes of the public, a monetary pay-off to a woman who has accused you of statutory rape is a tacit admission of guilt.

The insistence on a trial was obviously a negotiating position. I did not take exception to your use of the expression tacit admission of guilt just said that it is not sufficient to convict in a court of law. The court of public opinion of course is another matter.

39 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Maybe the definition of a basket case country has changed dramatically to apply to two of the richest countries in the world. The undoubted problems of the US and UK are as far from the problems of what used to be called basket case countries as can be imagined. Countries of desperate poverty for most of the population, reliant on foreign aid, susceptible to disastrous famines, and endemic diseases unknown in more developed  countries, average life expectancies of 40 or thereabouts. 

I think the current definition may well be one which the following are applied to-

A country where propaganda rules and policy is meaningless. 

A country where the population views the dishonesty and corruption at the highest levels as mere day-to-day events that surprise no-one. 

A country where division is vital. 

A country where nothing is true because the truth doesn't matter and where no-one is at fault unless they are stinking poor. Or of colour. 

A country obsessed by war. 

A country where history is rewritten almost on a daily basis and whose institutions, conventions and values are ignored and threatened more than they have ever been. 

A country where telling lies is greater than tackling serious issues and improving lives. 

A country where Nadine Dorries is the Culture Secretary. 

A country whose monarch pays off the victims of her lying, sex-case and likely rapist of a son. 

Edited by Savage Vince

Francis Albert
9 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

I think the current definition may well be one which the following are applied to-

A country where the population views the dishonesty and corruption at the highest levels as mere day-to-day events that surprise no-one. 

A country where nothing is true because the truth doesn't matter and where no-one is at fault unless they are stinking poor. Or of colour. 

A country where history is rewritten almost on a daily basis and whose institutions, conventions and values are ignored and threatened more than they have ever been. 

A country where telling lies is greater than tackling serious issues and improving lives. 

A country whose monarch pays off the victims of her lying, sex-case and likely rapist of a son. 

Of course ... If you make your own definition. And ignore all previous usage.

And the inclusion of Nadine Dorries narrows the definition down to one country. 

Edited by Francis Albert

jack D and coke
6 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

:greatpost: 

jack D and coke

God save our gracious Queen!
Long live our noble Queen!
God save the Queen!
Send her victorious,
Happy and glorious,
Long to reign over us,
God save the Queen

🤮

Shanks said no
2 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

It's sinister behaviour.  

Photos: Royal Fans Pay Tribute to Princess Diana at Her Statue Reveal

Groupies Fans High Resolution Stock Photography and Images - Alamy

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

The Real Maroonblood
41 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

Great post.

10 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Apologies if I gave the impression I was victim blaming. The victim here was abused and damaged from a young age  long before she was involved with Epstein or the odious Prince Andrew. Which of course in no way excuses their actions - of course it makes their actions more reprehensible.  We will probably never know the full story of what Andrew Windsor knew when. But he has got what he deserved ... in fact he has escaped lightly.

My only point was that having sex with a 17 year old does not in itself constitute paedophilia. 

Sorry if I was a bit aggressive buddy.

I am a bit defensive on such matters.

38 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

God save the Queen!
Send her victorious,
Happy and glorious,
Long to reign over us,
God save the Queen

🤮

I've got to say I love that tune.

4 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

That's correct.  One of the chambers of parliament consists of appointed members rather than members elected by the people. By definition, therefore, the UK is not a democracy.

A similar situation exists in Canada.  Both countries are constitutional monarchies. 

An aspect of the UK's House of Lords that I consider to be especially archaic is that 25 of the Lords are Bishops and Archbishops. Bizarre situation in a largely secular country.

Quoting a post calling a someone rapist?

Is it your day off as an admin?

A Boy Named Crow
16 minutes ago, Ked said:

If we're just going by tune, Land of Hope and Glory would surely have to be the winner...maybe Rule Britannia?

Not a fan of the lyrics to any of the above to be honest though...The Man Don't Give A **** by the Super Furry Animals sums up our royals perfectly.

Edited by A Boy Named Crow

jack D and coke
33 minutes ago, Ked said:

The words man🤮jeez…

There is no worse national anthem for me. 

As far an anthems go I don’t like FOS either. I’m not sure what I’d like us to have I’ll be honest. Scots wha hey is decent…
Welsh one for some reason is a real rousing one. French one too. 
The words when translated are good an all. 

Edited by jack D and coke

French national anthems decent.

But aye Jack the Scottish ones shit.

Germans have a guid one.

Send her victorious beats land of hope by a country mile Crow.

SEND HER VICTOROUIS.

Oh those days at parkhead

🤣🤣

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

God save the Queen!
Send her victorious,
Happy and glorious,
Long to reign over us,
God save the Queen

🤮