Is Robbie becoming a wind-up merchant.......😁.......?

Section Q

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lost in space

• JimmyCant

• Bazzas right boot

• XB52

I heard that mcpake was winding Robbie up after they beat us at Dens saying our bottle had gone. I wouldn’t be surprised if Robbie was asking him who’s bottles gone now😆

Weakened Offender
3 hours ago, Fluorescent Adolescent said:

Hearts fans must have the biggest percentage of utter bellends supporting the team of any in the country.

This. 

Robbie had James Mistake on toast at the end of the match and could barely hold his delight in. It was a joy to watch. 

Weakened Offender
2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Lost in space, hope you stay there.

Lost in the space between his lugs. 

4 hours ago, lost in space said:

He is not smart enough to be a WUM.

2 hours ago, lost in space said:

I didn't say "intelligent" - was quering use of that word.

intelligent

/ɪnˈtɛlɪdʒ(ə)nt/
adjective
having or showing intelligence, especially of a high level

"Anna is intelligent and hard-working

smart
/smɑːt/
adjective
    1. INFORMAL
      having or showing a quick-witted intelligence.
      "if he was that smart he would never have been tricked"

bigsuperslim1874
30 minutes ago, Fluorescent Adolescent said:

Any Hearts fan that ‘hates’ Neilson is a complete and utter bellend.

Not rating him is fair enough.

’Hating’ a man who has given Hearts the service he has is out of order.

This post wins the internet.

2 hours ago, XB52 said:

You mean his core job of making sure we win the league we are in??

Is that his core job ? Here’s me thinking it was to get us back to challenging at the top end of the Premiership. Seems I was wrong and winning this league is job done and job safe.

lost in space
13 minutes ago, tian447 said:

intelligent

/ɪnˈtɛlɪdʒ(ə)nt/
adjective
having or showing intelligence, especially of a high level

"Anna is intelligent and hard-working

smart
/smɑːt/
adjective
    1. INFORMAL
      having or showing a quick-witted intelligence.
      "if he was that smart he would never have been tricked"

Exactly. Neilson MAY be intelligent. I haven't seen much proof that he is but he may be.

He does not come across, to me, as someone who is quick-witted, which is something that is needed, in my opinion, to be a WUM.

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Is that his core job ? Here’s me thinking it was to get us back to challenging at the top end of the Premiership. Seems I was wrong and winning this league is job done and job safe.

You're mixing this season's and next seasons goals. 

Getting us challenging at the top end of the Premiership this season is pushing it, even for the mad Brigade. 

davemclaren
19 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

It is for this season. 

13 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

You're mixing this season's and next seasons goals. 

Getting us challenging at the top end of the Premiership this season is pushing it, even for the mad Brigade. 

We weren’t talking about ‘goals’ we were talking about his core job.

22 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I hate to break it to you but the chances of Robbie getting us near to the top of the premiership this season are pretty remote. Don't let that stop you ruining another thread with your rubbish though. 

25 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Any managers core job is getting the best out of his players. That’s his job. His target is getting us promoted. His job and his objective/target are two different things. 

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

It is for this season. 

No that’s his first target, his immediate goal. The core reason for employing him (so his core job) or any other manager is to ensure we’re in the right place in Scottish Football

Just now, XB52 said:

I hate to break it to you but the chances of Robbie getting us near to the top of the premiership this season are pretty remote. Don't let that stop you ruining another thread with your rubbish though. 

See I was too late, glad I'm not the only one who sees you for what you are

4 minutes ago, XB52 said:

See I was too late, glad I'm not the only one who sees you for what you are

I don’t like Neilson. There is next to nothing about him which appeals to me. I’ll say it long and loud. By October, if not before, every single one of you will be in agreement. Put me on ignore if you don’t want to read my views.

Edited by JimmyCant

The White Cockade
4 hours ago, Fluorescent Adolescent said:

A light hearted thread started with the best of intentions which is destined to be turned into something else to have a go at the manager about.

Hearts fans must have the biggest percentage of utter bellends supporting the team of any in the country.

This

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

I don’t like Neilson. There is next to nothing about him which appeals to me. I’ll say it long and loud. By October, if not before, every single one of you will be in agreement.

It won’t take a lot for fans to turn on him but he might do ok. Not a lot of cash slopping around just now. We will likely have more to spend than most. I’d be surprised if he doesn’t get mid table (which isn’t good enough) and that’ll be enough to keep him in a job. 

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

I don’t like Neilson. There is next to nothing about him which appeals to me. I’ll say it long and loud. By October, if not before, every single one of you will be in agreement.

I assure you I will never be in agreement with you. But good to see you are hoping for your? club to fail next season. 

Just now, XB52 said:

I assure you I will never be in agreement with you. But good to see you are hoping for your? club to fail next season. 

On the contrary, I want us to succeed. I just don’t see it with Neilson. If it happens I’ll be wrong and I’ll happily admit to it

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It won’t take a lot for fans to turn on him but he might do ok. Not a lot of cash slopping around just now. We will likely have more to spend than most. I’d be surprised if he doesn’t get mid table (which isn’t good enough) and that’ll be enough to keep him in a job. 

I’d probably take mid table in the first season back coming from such a low start point.

Edited by JimmyCant

Just now, JimmyCant said:

I’d probably take mid table coming from such a low start point.

If we’re courting with relegation she’ll act quicker this time imo.  I have to say I think that’s unlikely. I was on board with him until recently but got very frustrated around the time of the Dunfermline home game. Anyone could see we needed to change things at that point and he said himself that 4-3-3 was what he thought would be our best formation. What did we get? 4 more games of turgid shite before he switched formation to 4-4-2 or 4-1-3-2 yesterday. Why wait until we drop points when it’s obvious things need changed? I hope he’s more decisive in the top league. 

6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

If we’re courting with relegation she’ll act quicker this time imo.  I have to say I think that’s unlikely. I was on board with him until recently but got very frustrated around the time of the Dunfermline home game. Anyone could see we needed to change things at that point and he said himself that 4-3-3 was what he thought would be our best formation. What did we get? 4 more games of turgid shite before he switched formation to 4-4-2 or 4-1-3-2 yesterday. Why wait until we drop points when it’s obvious things need changed? I hope he’s more decisive in the top league. 

I’ve disliked the man since Birkirkara and ‘money spinner’ He didn’t take either of those events seriously or personally in my opinion. When things like that appear to not really matter to your manager you know you’ve got a problem with connection or disconnection. You need your manager and your team to ‘want it’ as much as the fan base. I just don’t see that with Neilson. 

Having said that, If he has a really good window and gets a better blend and brings the average age down and the fitness levels up and grows a wee pair of testis, we might actually surprise ourselves next season. There is nothing really to fear in that league and a half decent Hearts team ought to be top six as a formality 

Weakened Offender
33 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

On the contrary, I want us to succeed. I just don’t see it with Neilson. If it happens I’ll be wrong and I’ll happily admit to it

I bet you won't be happy to admit you're wrong. You'll just find something else to pin on him. 

You mugs had your mind made up about this when he was reappointed and were never goung to change. If we'd won that penalty shootout you'd have blamed Celtic for being shite. 

You're crap fans. 😊

9 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

I bet you won't be happy to admit you're wrong. You'll just find something else to pin on him. 

You mugs had your mind made up about this when he was reappointed and were never goung to change. If we'd won that penalty shootout you'd have blamed Celtic for being shite. 

You're crap fans. 😊

Get back to me if he’s top six by October and I’ll publicly admit I was wrong No further point in this argument until then. 

4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

I remember when Hearts fans used to keep thier hate for the opposition teams, players and manager. 

Now they just spew thier bile and insults at anything Hearts. 

What a weird way to support a team, rip the manager then argue with folk who defend him, rinse and repeat at every opportunity, and I do mean EVERY opportunity. 

There's a happy medium to be had of criticism at things the club can be doing better and praise when it's due. I'm happy with our position in the league but i think we could be doing more on the pitch to entertain the fans while introducing some youth. This season would have been perfect for a Conor Smith or any young player to get game time. 

On topic Neilson is a PHM and i hope he succeeds while turning his critics round. 

ScandinavianJambo

I remember when Hearts fans used to keep thier hate for the opposition teams, players and manager. 

What a weird way to support a team, rip the manager then argue with folk who defend him, rinse and repeat at every opportunity, and I do mean EVERY opportunity. 

100%

Under the floodlight

Yes, the happy clappers were judged. 

I was judged as not intelligent enough to be a Budge plant. 

Now Robbies not intelligent enough to be a WUM. 

Sad times, intelligence is lacking everywhere! 

I thought the majority of posters on here were in mensa?

A_A wehatethehibs

He does seem a bit more mental these days than in his first spell, having pops at refs and getting involved with opposition dug outs.  McShake lost the plot at the end. I wonder if our lads maybe had a wee verse of “sacked in the morning!” which would’ve been belted out by the PHMs in the stand 

Only part of the game the wife enjoyed, first time she hasn't wanted the program to end. Was actually gutted the feed stopped and she couldn't watch the drama unfold 🤣 For me it's always nice to watch McPake in distress. Will have a few cans to celebrate his inevitable sacking 🍻

5 hours ago, Fluorescent Adolescent said:

A light hearted thread started with the best of intentions which is destined to be turned into something else to have a go at the manager about.

🤣🤣🤣👌🏻

Bazzas right boot
41 minutes ago, Under the floodlight said:

I thought the majority of posters on here were in mensa?

Most are definitely multi skilled - 

Law, medicine, fitness, coaching, science, human psychology, glaziers, architects, finance, negotiations. 

Under the floodlight
6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Most are definitely multi skilled - 

Law, medicine, fitness, coaching, science, human psychology, glaziers, architects, finance, negotiations. 

I find their wealth of knowledge intimidating.

8 hours ago, Fluorescent Adolescent said:

I fully agree with what you said there (Fwiw). That said, I have never noted anyone on here say that they hate Neilson.  I do not believe that any real supporter out there hates him and think it is just a ludicrous suggestion to say otherwise 

there are a high percentage of folk that think we could attract a better manager, or calibre of manager, than Neilson, and I don’t see anything wrong with that in all honesty. Like you said everyone is entitled to their own opinion. 

Maroon Sailor

Think there has always been a thing in the background with Robbie and McPake. Little digs here and there and they like to get one up on each other.

15 hours ago, Fluorescent Adolescent said:

This. 

I think there's an element/generation of fans who started following Hearts around the time of the Romanov era and missed out on the 'mediocre" years. Robbie's a decent coach, (nothing special imo), and unlikely to win over everyone, but next season should give us all a clearer idea of where we're headed. Hopefully we'll have people at the top who know how to run a football club.

lost in space
7 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

I fully agree with what you said there (Fwiw). That said, I have never noted anyone on here say that they hate Neilson.  I do not believe that any real supporter out there hates him and think it is just a ludicrous suggestion to say otherwise 

there are a high percentage of folk that think we could attract a better manager, or calibre of manager, than Neilson, and I don’t see anything wrong with that in all honesty. Like you said everyone is entitled to their own opinion. 

I have never read that any fan hates Neilson.  There is a section of JKB who like to be outraged by those who are not his fans.

The outraged fans are not hard to find - and often work in pairs to insult those who do not agree with their views. You only need to read through this thread to find them. They are not good at discussing points of merit etc and use intimidating comments in an attempt to supress opposing views.

You have to feel sorry for them - I do.

For my part - I understand that Neilson is a very nice man who has many good characteristics.

However, I do hate what he is doing to the club. He will get us promoted but I fear he will do exactly what he did the last time - bored us all to death - until the fans turned against him (despite a good league position).

He does not seem to learn from his mistakes and blames everybody else for his/teams shortcomings.

He appears to be Levein mark 2. 

If he does change and produces a team worth watching, I will become a fan of his (I am fickle).

Until then - he is not for me.

15 minutes ago, lost in space said:

I have never read that any fan hates Neilson.  There is a section of JKB who like to be outraged by those who are not his fans.

The outraged fans are not hard to find - and often work in pairs to insult those who do not agree with their views. You only need to read through this thread to find them. They are not good at discussing points of merit etc and use intimidating comments in an attempt to supress opposing views.

You have to feel sorry for them - I do.

For my part - I understand that Neilson is a very nice man who has many good characteristics.

However, I do hate what he is doing to the club. He will get us promoted but I fear he will do exactly what he did the last time - bored us all to death - until the fans turned against him (despite a good league position).

He does not seem to learn from his mistakes and blames everybody else for his/teams shortcomings.

He appears to be Levein mark 2. 

If he does change and produces a team worth watching, I will become a fan of his (I am fickle).

Until then - he is not for me.

Agree with mostly all of that. It's just tiresome that after him being criticised, and rightly so, especially with our style of play, that certain folk then assume that when folk criticise, he has haters, just because not everyone conforms and rates him, like they do. Who made them f...... god. It's bull shit. The Sooner that they realise that not everyone shares the same opinion as them, the better. It's about what you think is best for the club and nothing else. 

To be fair to RN He was good, 1st time round, in the championship season - no question. We were deadly on the park and played with real intent and purpose. That said, he has yet to even come close to that this season. We are no where near it in comparison.

Yes, we beat dundee and I'm well happy as I absolutely despise them, but they had 17 shots vs our 15, and the facts are, that with these type of stats, it could have went either way. After their penalty we should have went right back at them but we pulled back, sat back, and tried to see the game out. Not the type of mentality I personally want to see.This season We beat dundee at home and raith away, convincingly - but is 2 games enough or should there have been more - given our stature ?

I personally think we have been grinding more wins than anything else and that's in the division down from the SPL. Think its quite obvious there are concerns and where these are driven from 

I'm just not yet convinced and unless he gets us playing differently then I think next season we will struggle especially when it comes to breaking teams down. We are far too one dimensional at the moment - I would love to be proved wrong on this and would be the first to admit it, but a thread on 7 games unbeaten, where we have drawn 3, in the championship and looking at the team's we have played, doesn't really mean anything, considering we were expected to win all 7 in the 1st place 

Roxy Hearts

I think we have to cut everyone a bit of slack. These are peculiar and difficult times with no fans at games which must be affecting performances(other teams included). Robbie has us top of the league, almost beat Celtc and had us near the top of the Premier the last time. Show a little more respect for fellow Hearts fans and Robbie. Ta.

gordon simpson
21 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

well said ,the bile I see on this forum is way out of order 

davemclaren
35 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

It's very quiet on JKB after a win these days. 

Some of us enjoy the rest. 

2 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I think we have to cut everyone a bit of slack. These are peculiar and difficult times with no fans at games which must be affecting performances(other teams included). Robbie has us top of the league, almost beat Celtc and had us near the top of the Premier the last time. Show a little more respect for fellow Hearts fans and Robbie. Ta.

The hate fest would be more apparent if fans were allowed into grounds.......

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Bull's-eye said:

It really is. 

Posters that are rabid for weeks disappear after a win. 

It actually happens on a match day thread as well. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
On 07/03/2021 at 13:55, lost in space said:

He is not smart enough to be a WUM.

If he isn't smart, no idea where that puts you in the evolutionary scale 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Always has been. Bit like the news, not worth sharing good news, people would be far more comfortable dissatisfied

Whatever was said at the end between robbie and mcpake had clearly upset haring also.   It was evident in the highlights posted on the match thread. 

I like when folk talk about "hating" Neilson. I've not read any posts saying they hate the guy. But some folk love to put words in other posters mouth to prove a point that....isn't actually there in the first place. Hate the style of football he's been serving up? Yes but that's not a dig at Robbie the person. Some folk need to learn to separate the difference. 

As for next season....if we shop around a similar market to what we have in recent years, a mid-table finish could be expected. Top of the bottom six perhaps. If we actually go out and show some ambition then we could creep a bit higher up than mid-table. All depends on if we recruit properly and beat the likes of Hibs and Aberdeen if we're all going for the same players. We bring in more money at Hearts than either of those two so if we lose out on potential talent through not being quick enough or humming and hawing, letting talks drag on or what have you then, it's on Hearts. The fans will soon let them know about it. Whether we need a fresh impetus away from Neilson to achieve anything more than mid-table is, and will be, open to debate. 

lost in space
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

If he isn't smart, no idea where that puts you in the evolutionary scale 

I agree with you - you have no idea.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 hours ago, lost in space said:

I agree with you - you have no idea.

Don't think anyone could to be honest