• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Bazzas right boot

• kingantti1874

• GinRummy

30 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

If I'm honest the last time round I didn't celebrate winning the Championship as anything of any sort of significant importance as such. Was I pleased that time round that we had come straight back up yes, and it was won in a way that made me, wrongly, think the future looked bright. In the previous season, we had started with a 15 point deduction which eventually led to us going down. But Gary Locke had introduced a lot of youngsters that previous season, and given them some grounding, and we benefited  from that when playing in the Championship. I genuinely thought we had something to use as a starting point once up, but once up we then over analysed everything, starting from the first away game up at Dens Park, where it was individual players who had to decide that the game needed played differently, something which spelled the end for Morgaro Gomis. My worry this time round is we haven't introduced any significant youngsters, and the over analysis is taking place in the Championship this time. I've read, mainly on here, that the only reason Robbie reappeared at the start of this season was because he knew how to get us out of the Championship the last time. Based on that I would hope that once we are up we terminate that contract and look for someone who can take what we have and create something successful at the top level. Because apart from Rangers even the top league looks like one that securing European football in should be attainable, but I have no confidence we will achieve that based on the way we have operated in the Championship this year.

As usual PJ1, a very reasonable and well thought out post. One that I agree with entirely. 

Will celebrate with an extra beer but only as we will be out of this horrendous league.  Really hope no fans turn up at Tynie as not worth it and would be cringey as F.  

Салатные палочки
13 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

top flight not much better either

That's true. I flicked over to a bit of the Hobos game yesterday and the quality was terrible. 

3 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

That's true. I flicked over to a bit of the Hobos game yesterday and the quality was terrible. 

:thumbsup:

11 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

That can't be true, the top league is littered with finely tuned athletes playing the game the right way with silky play and technique the likes never witnessed before. Your eyes literally sweat love juice at the sight of it. 

It's the promised land that our Shit players, coaches, owner can't compete in. 

You must have watched an old rerun of days past SL. 

1 hour ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Something for discussion.

we had to do what we are doing this season. We aren’t doing it as crushingly as we would have liked. But we didn’t want to be and shouldn’t have been here.

Our last time in the championship was euphoric (relatively speaking) - we had nearly gone bust; we wasted Rangers and Hibs; we had started from ground zero and were given the chance to build from scratch which we didn’t have this season.

As I see it this season was functional with one aim. I get no satisfaction worthy of celebration from what will be our promotion.

My view is, and I would suggest, that as fans we don’t do anything daft or embarrassing in the current environment about overtly celebrating winning this shitey league on the streets.

This season should be treated with the contempt it deserves.

We got out a shite league we shouldn’t have been in. We have done enough without being brilliant.

I hope the fans and the club treat the league victory with the disdain it deserves. I also hope we don’t lower ourselves to to the COVID-riddled standards of those scumbags in Glasgow (from both sides).

If it was me I’d be boycotting the trophy handover shit that happens either at the end of this season or the beginning of next.

We are bigger and better than celebrating the league this season IMO.

Send up only Naismith to pick up the trophy who then chucks it in the bin on the way out.

Medals laid out in dressing room for players to pick up on way out.

Randy Marsh
37 minutes ago, merrymac said:

FTFY 👍💩

Good shout. 👍 We need to order the players a dogey Indian takeaway the night before. 

Weakened Offender

I was very proud of the players who won a league with Hibs and Rangers in it a few months after nearly goung bust. Can't say I celebrated it though, and I only missed one match.

This time around I knew it wouldn't be as easy as some thought. There was no chance that a team with a spine of players who were utterly dismal last season was going to hammer every team in every game. They didn't have the chip on their shoulder we all hoped they'd have too. 

I have no wish to see any of the players who were at the club last season celebrating winning this league. Its an embarrassment that we are in this league and they are to blame. 

Edited by Weakened Offender

TyphoonJambo
1 hour ago, Randy Marsh said:

One of our players should take a dump in the trophy.  Then post it back to Doncaster. 

As long as the commentators don't mention the J word.

50 minutes ago, Fluorescent Adolescent said:

Yet again, a thread littered with posts from the utterly clueless.

You play football to win. If and when it happens the players will have earned their title and will deserve a shot at lifting the trophy.

Whilst I won’t be celebrating May 2012 style, I’ll be happy and will have a few drinks over the course of the weekend.

Some Hearts fans are very odd.

100% 

I won’t be celebrating it as such.  It’s a disgrace we have even been led to this division considering our budget.  

It was a completely different scenario getting relegated last time around (-15 points and a much much smaller playing budget) 

Celebrating winning this division this time would make me feel a bit like an old firm fan, I won’t be buzzing that we have won a league when we have a massive budget that dwarfs every other team.

Just get us out of this embarrassing stain on our clubs history and then hopefully we can move on with some competent leadership at the club. 

Geoff Kilpatrick

The way things are going, it will be made official when we aren't playing given the number of games in hand those nearest to us have. Therefore, it will be a Wednesday night in Dumfries or somewhere that wraps it up and it won't involve us. That would actually be quite appropriate.

kingantti1874
27 minutes ago, MTS1874 said:

If the pubs are open I may have a couple of celebratory drinks. 

the pubs won’t be open till about July 😆

davemclaren
Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

The way things are going, it will be made official when we aren't playing given the number of games in hand those nearest to us have. Therefore, it will be a Wednesday night in Dumfries or somewhere that wraps it up and it won't involve us. That would actually be quite appropriate.

Good point. 

jambogirlglasgow
20 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

I was very proud of the players who won a league with Hibs and Rangers in it a few months after nearly goung bust. Can't say I celebrated it though, and I only missed one match.

This time around I knew it wouldn't be as easy as some thought. There was no chance that a team with a spine of players who were utterly dismal last season was going to hammer every team in every game. They didn't have the chip on their shoulder we all hoped they'd have too. 

I have no wish to see any of the players who were at the club last season celebrating winning this league. Its an embarrassment that we are in this league and they are to blame. 

This is where I’m at. Too much deflection onto the SFA for my liking. Players should still be ashamed of themselves.

Gordon Ramsay
2 hours ago, Randy Marsh said:

One of our players should take a dump in the trophy.  Then post it back to Doncaster. 

🤣🤣🤣

Everybody else has been taking points off each other.

We're just about doing enough.

We're winning this league by default rather than dominating it and making a statement like we did last time.

Staggering over the line.

Deeply concerned that we'll be in a relegation fight next year.

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, Cade said:

We're winning this league by default rather than dominating it and making a statement like we did last time.

Staggering over the line? 😃

2 hours ago, Deevers said:

No doubt Doncaster will appear to unveil the flag. Everyone should stand and turn their backs to the ceremony. After giving a Doncaster the warm welcome he deserves of course.

If fans are allowed in no chance he’d show face send one of his cronies no doubt

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, Cade said:

No hearts manager will survive hearts being in  a relegation fight.  No matter what Ann Budge say.

I took heart from the performances against hibs and Celtic. We were better than both for long spells

we Do however still need to sort of that defence 

Auldbenches
2 hours ago, Deevers said:

No doubt Doncaster will appear to unveil the flag. Everyone should stand and turn their backs to the ceremony. After giving a Doncaster the warm welcome he deserves of course.

All of a sudden this league now matters.  We'll celebrate it if Doncaster promises to unveil the flag.  Also guaranteed sell out so money spinner as well. 

davemclaren
Just now, Auldbenches said:

All of a sudden this league now matters.  We'll celebrate it if Doncaster promises to unveil the flag.  Also guaranteed sell out so money spinner as well. 

Sales of rotten fruit will soar. 

Dundee United, Hibs and Rangers all struggled in this league so it's an achievement to win it at the first time of asking. I think this will be the fourth time that I have seen Hearts win this league and we've never over celebrated it so as others have said I'm sure the marketing will be all around being back and GIRUY to everyone else. Always a sense of optimism at the start of a season for players and staff and I hope we'll all continue to get behind the team.

Auldbenches
Just now, davemclaren said:

Sales of rotten fruit will soar. 

It's sad that the authorities have created a situation where a league is getting won but not celebrated.  

Doncaster et al actually think they got everything right.  

Fxxx the SPFL
19 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

the pubs won’t be open till about July 😆

They will be open before then hopefully i'll be down in the Borders visiting kids/grandkids they'll be in Tier 1 so boozers will be open hooray

Fxxx the SPFL
6 minutes ago, jimbojambo said:

Dundee United, Hibs and Rangers all struggled in this league so it's an achievement to win it at the first time of asking. I think this will be the fourth time that I have seen Hearts win this league and we've never over celebrated it so as others have said I'm sure the marketing will be all around being back and GIRUY to everyone else. Always a sense of optimism at the start of a season for players and staff and I hope we'll all continue to get behind the team.

i remember up at Arbroath when Bannon scored the winner that put us up fans on the pitch if my memory is right. 

Just now, **** the SPFL said:

i remember up at Arbroath when Bannon scored the winner that put us up fans on the pitch if my memory is right. 

And the police dogs snapping away. We came back and got drunk in town, pretty much as we did last time we won at Falkirk to clinch the title. Other than that it was looking forward to next season.

Captain Lithuania

Heard it all now. Whilst I agree that fans should not be gathering en masse to celebrate, the players have the right to. All season folk have been having a go and them, do we not think they’re entitled to celebrate what they set out to achieve?

If Doncaster comes to present the trophy (assuming we win it) then we should have the ***** arrested for breaching COVID regulations. No way is his presence there in any way essential.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Captain Lithuania said:

Heard it all now. Whilst I agree that fans should not be gathering en masse to celebrate, the players have the right to. All season folk have been having a go and them, do we not think they’re entitled to celebrate what they set out to achieve?

Players can do what they like. Hopefully, for most of them, it will be their last hurrah in maroon.

David McCaig
1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I'd like to hope we don't even have a presentation ceremony. This season should be regarded as an aberration in all ways.

Mic-dropping the trophy would be my preference!!

I was happy the last time that we absolutely pissed a league with Rangers and H1B5 in it that we were relegated into. I won’t be celebrating winning a league we were voted into. I won’t blame the players celebrating but if it was me, I’d be pissing in that trophy and chucking it in the bin. 

Nookie Bear
6 minutes ago, Captain Lithuania said:

Seems fair 👍🏻

Boyces beard
1 hour ago, Bull's-eye said:

That can't be true, the top league is littered with finely tuned athletes playing the game the right way with silky play and technique the likes never witnessed before. Your eyes literally sweat love juice at the sight of it. 

It's the promised land that our Shit players, coaches, owner can't compete in. 

You must have watched an old rerun of days past SL. 

haha thats good mate! 😆

I'll have a couple of beers to "celebrate" hopefully we'll never be relegated again in my lifetime however now that the Vlad years are over i can see us having a good few years of mediocrity. 

indianajones

The trophy should be left in the middle of the park and not touched by a player. 

**** it. Shouldn't even be here in the first place.

Francis Albert

I have never celebrated any lower league title win or promotion. Last time was certainly a pleasing achievement. But in the yo-yo years 40 years ago celebrating promotion would have meant a sequence of joy and despair that would have been even worse for my mental than following Hearts has been.

But of course if others want to celebrate in whatever way they choose they are free to do so. After all we once proudly listed the Tennents Sixes as one of our major honours. 

Ex member of the SaS

I fully understand the thinking that players have won the league are entitled to be pleased, however they should also be aware of how crap they have played, and no matter how big a lead at the end, it's nothing to get excited about.

They should also be aware of the circumstances of how we are here and those who were here last season should be having a quiet drink and not be " out on the town ".

Winning this league is nothing to get excited about and when the likes of Celtic or Sevco win a couple of seasons in a row against a league of teams with half their budget it tends to get a bit boring.

We should be treating winning the league with a watered down celebration and lot of contempt.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

I have never celebrated any lower league title win or promotion. Last time was certainly a pleasing achievement. But in the yo-yo years 40 years ago celebrating promotion would have meant a sequence of joy and despair that would have been even worse for my mental than following Hearts has been.

But of course if others want to celebrate in whatever way they choose they are free to do so. After all we once proudly listed the Tennents Sixes as one of our major honours. 

Correct. What I’d give for a Wilson Cup win these days. 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

I fully understand the thinking that players have won the league are entitled to be pleased, however they should also be aware of how crap they have played, and no matter how big a lead at the end, it's nothing to get excited about.

They should also be aware of the circumstances of how we are here and those who were here last season should be having a quiet drink and not be " out on the town ".

Winning this league is nothing to get excited about and when the likes of Celtic or Sevco win a couple of seasons in a row against a league of teams with half their budget it tends to get a bit boring.

We should be treating winning the league with a watered down celebration and lot of contempt.

Fill yer boots. 👍

allystrachan

I’d actually pay to go to a game just to boo at Doncaster. I won’t be celebrating winning this league, I do t grudge the players celebrations on the pitch when they win or are awarded the trophy but the highlight in it all would be the reception Doncaster would receive if he had the guts to turn up. 

3 hours ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

Would be embarrassing celebrating it.

100% this. 

Never even thought that fans may celebrate a 27 game title win in the championship after being demoted 😂

I don’t care just win the league and back up into the premiership. 

With our resources compared to all the other teams in this tin pot league and due to the way we ended up here, any fan of adult age celebrating it needs their head read. The only thing I’ll be celebrating regarding football will be if we get the all clear to fill Tynecastle again. Yesterday brought it home to me Saturday 3pm nice day outside and sitting looking at my laptop. 

3 hours ago, pablo said:

If the Club tries to acknowledge it with merchandise or anything other than a cursory sentence on the website, I'll be disappointed. 

They will mate......ker...ching.....!

Smoked-Glass
3 hours ago, Deevers said:

Let's just look forward to a nice summer of euros and wait fot the fixtures to be released. 

Anyone know when that is just for the diary?