Not celebrating the league

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Something for discussion.

we had to do what we are doing this season. We aren’t doing it as crushingly as we would have liked. But we didn’t want to be and shouldn’t have been here.

Our last time in the championship was euphoric (relatively speaking) - we had nearly gone bust; we wasted Rangers and Hibs; we had started from ground zero and were given the chance to build from scratch which we didn’t have this season.

As I see it this season was functional with one aim. I get no satisfaction worthy of celebration from what will be our promotion.

My view is, and I would suggest, that as fans we don’t do anything daft or embarrassing in the current environment about overtly celebrating winning this shitey league on the streets.

This season should be treated with the contempt it deserves.

We got out a shite league we shouldn’t have been in. We have done enough without being brilliant.

I hope the fans and the club treat the league victory with the disdain it deserves. I also hope we don’t lower ourselves to to the COVID-riddled standards of those scumbags in Glasgow (from both sides).

If it was me I’d be boycotting the trophy handover shit that happens either at the end of this season or the beginning of next.

We are bigger and better than celebrating the league this season IMO.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Bazzas right boot

• kingantti1874

• GinRummy

Stendelnator

Agreed. The last time was a great achievement and a reminder we were back where we belonged. This has been an embarrassment. 

rudeskaboyuk

I had been thinking exactly the same as you.

Just want to get job done and lets not have any waving flags and bunting around.

If I were the club and the players I’d be shunning any trophy presentation.

Take your medals and walk away........

If the Club tries to acknowledge it with merchandise or anything other than a cursory sentence on the website, I'll be disappointed. 

No doubt Doncaster will appear to unveil the flag. Everyone should stand and turn their backs to the ceremony. After giving a Doncaster the warm welcome he deserves of course.

Салатные палочки

Can barely even celebrate a goal in this league. It's an awful league to be in. We will get the job done but in no way has it been enjoyable. 

Tennant's  6's

Agreed. 

It's through the authorities corrupt dealings & our own incompetence that we're plodding through this league anyway. 

Get the title won, and then hopefully we will see changes re Boardroom &  playing/ coaching staff..

Tennant's  6's
3 minutes ago, pablo said:

If the Club tries to acknowledge it with merchandise or anything other than a cursory sentence on the website, I'll be disappointed. 

Wouldn't surprise me if they did. 

The lack of a winning mentality & desire to make this club reach it's potential is astonishing. 

Blackshades

I certainly won't be celebrating wining this league and I wont buy any merchandise mentioning it .it is a season I want to forget in a terrible time for everyone 

Edited by Blackshades

A_A wehatethehibs

I’m not sure I entirely agree, remember the players and coaches and staff, they’re all working full time at this, throughout a horrendous pandemic. They’re entitled to celebrate and have a few drinks together when they achieve what they set out to achieve. 

The fans aren’t going to be overjoyed but it’s better outcome than last season at least. As far as we are concerned it was a disgrace we were put into this league unfairly and unnecessarily. Never forget that they finished their seasons in England meaning all promotions and relegations were decided on the pitch. Ours was not therefore it was a demotion not a relegation.

But for the players and staff who’ve put the shift in, they’ll be entitled to enjoy the day. And for the fans, we can forget it, have a smile and a drink and look forward to the fact that when we get back it will be Premiership football at Tynecastle as it should rightfully have been. It’s reinstatement not promotion. 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

adambraejambo

The team can have a day off and go golfing once it won. I'm sure the league/SFA sponsors provide the stage and confetti cannons. We may be forced to do it because of sponsors.    Be good to get trophy up on stage  then team in unison just run into dressing room leaving Doncaster and co just standing there. Knowing our luck we prob get done for bringing game into disrepute. 

This is My Story Podcast

We still had “Champions of the Championship 2014/15” well into Cathro’s tenure 😂😂 

I won’t begrudge the players having a little celebration. Winning leagues isn’t easy and a wee celebration could help with team bonding etx which can only help in the long run. But that’s about it. Nothing after the day it happens and I’d cringe to see Merch etc. 

Ibrahim Tall

It’s to our shame we’re in the league, it isn’t really an ‘achievement’ to get out of it given our resources. Last time around the circumstances were massively different given recent events and the level of competition.

The first home game of next season, hopefully with fans, would be the time to raise championship flag. It is not really a great achievement but should be acknowledged. Hopefully no moronic Ibrox-like celebration before then.  Once the season kicks off it is history. Lets just get it done first.

7 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

One of our players should take a dump in the trophy.  Then post it back to Doncaster. 

Why only 1

Harry Potter
8 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

One of our players should take a dump in the trophy.  Then post it back to Doncaster. 

😂, classic.

Happy to celebrate it as it was us v the Scottish football world. If we can demonstrate the biggest **** off to them, I’d be happy 

24 minutes ago, pablo said:

Yep, winning a league we got dumped in becasue other clubs for their own reasons felt fit to vote in favour of our demotion, with full backing of the powers at be. I for one will celebrate with a hot cup of tea and thats it. I too will be disappointed if we bring out merchandise celebrating this. Having said that I think it's likely a range of merchandise would be made available, but I'm not buying.

21 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

As long as it’s not GMS - he’d probably miss.

Rocky jamboa

Last time was a great achievement. Back from administration and a strong league with rangers and hibs in it. This one isn't. Can barely muster any enthusiasm for wins in this league, apart from Dundee first game of the season and then the cup games v hibs and celtic. Should never be in this league so would be embarrassing to celebrate it. 

portobellojambo1

If I'm honest the last time round I didn't celebrate winning the Championship as anything of any sort of significant importance as such. Was I pleased that time round that we had come straight back up yes, and it was won in a way that made me, wrongly, think the future looked bright. In the previous season, we had started with a 15 point deduction which eventually led to us going down. But Gary Locke had introduced a lot of youngsters that previous season, and given them some grounding, and we benefited  from that when playing in the Championship. I genuinely thought we had something to use as a starting point once up, but once up we then over analysed everything, starting from the first away game up at Dens Park, where it was individual players who had to decide that the game needed played differently, something which spelled the end for Morgaro Gomis. My worry this time round is we haven't introduced any significant youngsters, and the over analysis is taking place in the Championship this time. I've read, mainly on here, that the only reason Robbie reappeared at the start of this season was because he knew how to get us out of the Championship the last time. Based on that I would hope that once we are up we terminate that contract and look for someone who can take what we have and create something successful at the top level. Because apart from Rangers even the top league looks like one that securing European football in should be attainable, but I have no confidence we will achieve that based on the way we have operated in the Championship this year.

Don't celebrate finishing 4th in Scotland, won't celebrate finishing 13th. 

I think the club will go embarrassingly over the top with shite in the shop that won't shift and attempted patter on social media. 

been here before

Barely a penny over the door for a year but folk greeting the club might try to flog some crappy tshirts or other sundry Championship winning shite to folk who'll want to buy it.

Howdy Doody Jambo

You have to think about the squad's achievement some of the players might not get another chance to win a playing honour during their careers and they should celebrate it like any other group of players would 

But hope we fill the trophy with trash when we hand it back to the league 

1 hour ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

we had to do what we are doing this season. We aren’t doing it as crushingly as we would have liked. But we didn’t want to be and shouldn’t have been here.

Our last time in the championship was euphoric (relatively speaking) - we had nearly gone bust; we wasted Rangers and Hibs; we had started from ground zero and were given the chance to build from scratch which we didn’t have this season.

As I see it this season was functional with one aim. I get no satisfaction worthy of celebration from what will be our promotion.

My view is, and I would suggest, that as fans we don’t do anything daft or embarrassing in the current environment about overtly celebrating winning this shitey league on the streets.

We got out a shite league we shouldn’t have been in. We have done enough without being brilliant.

I hope the fans and the club treat the league victory with the disdain it deserves. I also hope we don’t lower ourselves to to the COVID-riddled standards of those scumbags in Glasgow (from both sides).

If it was me I’d be boycotting the trophy handover shit that happens either at the end of this season or the beginning of next.

I'll give a quick :jambobanana: :yas: and a 👏

Whilst  :cheers: and then moving on with some :yadayada: towards the top division teams. 

Exactly.

The Old Tolbooth

I said at the starting the season that if/when we win this league that we were mercilessly dumped into through corruption and greed, that we should take the trophy to the centre circle, along with a bin, take the lid off the bin, dump the trophy in it, and leave the bin on the centre circle whilst all the players walk off the pitch, all in front of that rat Doncaster!! 

47 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Make sure it's Boyce. The rest would miss.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I'd like to hope we don't even have a presentation ceremony. This season should be regarded as an aberration in all ways.

Japan Jambo
1 hour ago, Stendelnator said:

Agreed. The last time was a great achievement and a reminder we were back where we belonged. This has been an embarrassment. 

Quite.

If donkey does show up should we show him the red card/P45 Thatcher@Hampden style.

Take the point that the players might want to celebrate their 'achievement' and while I do understand that for most of them it's all they will ever win I have no sympathy whatsoever for that - we simply shouldn't have put ourselves in a position where expulsion was even a remote possibility

davemclaren

Like it or not we will have achieved promotion ( some supporters of other clubs hoped we wouldn’t survive demotion and a pandemic ) if and when it comes. I doubt there will be many parties, and there will be no supporters there to witness it, but I will celebrate our return with a wry smile and a few beers in my hoose. 

There will be a presentation and flag raising at some point. The club would be better selling some ‘we’re back!’ Or ‘Only Hearts’ style stuff for those that want something I think. If there’s a commercial opportunity I don’t see the point in not taking it. 

51 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Not GMS, he'd miss the trophy and the cleaner would be furious

I'll be celebrating it because it'll be impossible to keep my feelings in check. 

Same as I'd rather sit on my hands and not swear at the telly and not jump around the room when we score.

If you lot want to carry on this pathetic attempt to suck the life out of the club then crack on, I'll be having a party 😀😀😀😀😀😀

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Celebrate when we are fully reinstated by being prepared to issue medicine. 

Hoping motivation has returned along with supporters. 

I'll skip the DVD or even letting off smoke bombs in the garden 

Have to agree with the op from a fans perspective, for me it'll be "thank **** that's over" then put on a movie and forget we were ever in this dire league. 

From the players pov they'll be entitled to a wee celebration but I'd cringe to see them going tonto like it's some massive achievement.

56 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

All of our players should take a dump in the trophy.  Then post it back to Doncaster. 

FTFY 👍💩

1 hour ago, Salad Fingers said:

Can barely even celebrate a goal in this league. It's an awful league to be in. We will get the job done but in no way has it been enjoyable. 

top flight not much better either

Just be glad when it's over and we can look forward to next season in the premiership, hopefully with us inside Tynecastle. Can't imagine there will be crowds celebrating outside the ground; just lift a wee glass in relief 

Fluorescent Adolescent

Yet again, a thread littered with posts from the utterly clueless.

You play football to win. If and when it happens the players will have earned their title and will deserve a shot at lifting the trophy.

Whilst I won’t be celebrating May 2012 style, I’ll be happy and will have a few drinks over the course of the weekend.

Some Hearts fans are very odd.