Not celebrating the league

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Doctor FinnBarr
3 hours ago, Morgan said:

Oh well, if the ‘Facebook guys’ think it’s ok, then it must be ok.

Singing about Olly Lee no doubt.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Bazzas right boot

• kingantti1874

• GinRummy

Doctor FinnBarr
3 hours ago, Morgan said:

Oh well, if the ‘Facebook guys’ think it’s ok, then it must be ok.

Doctor FinnBarr
Just now, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Ooh, I hate when it double posts when a page changes.

On 08/03/2021 at 21:02, Batistuta87 said:

Agree with this. 

I think we've over spent slightly bringing in some players rather than giving some young guys a chance. For example, Popescu will be earning a lot more money then Petkov was - who I think we should have given a chance (incidentally he's now a regular starter for Levski Sofia, so he's obviously an alright player); we could have played Moore or Mcdonald instead of spending money on Frear and Roberts... Maybe we could have saved money by having Stone as our sub keeper rather than Stewart. Again I'm pleased we've got these guys, but just feel a bit like we would probably still be sitting top of the league with the young lads. 

There is more when you dig deeper but agree part of this, Robbie will never play youth, does not trust them one of the many reasons he is not for us as we need to find some way to develop young players and give them a route to first team.

As has happened with Doig, Paton and Gordon all deemed not good enough for our academy and whom have since proved that decision wrong.

The Treasurer

Do those who say that they won't be celebrating if we win the league realise that in doing so we would be doing something that very few teams have managed, namely to come straight back up at the first time of asking.

I could be wrong, but apart from ourselves, it's only been done by one other club.

You may say that with our resources it should be a given but clubs with decent sized budgets have not got out of this division at the first attempt. Clubs such as our wee neighbours, Dundee Utd and even sevco.

It's not as if we win things on a regular basis that we can just dismiss any success, however small some may think it is.

heartandsoul
On 08/03/2021 at 10:29, TheBigO said:

What usually happens with being awarded the title?  Some prick or other comes to Tynie once its sealed?

But do you also get the flag raising thing on 1st day of season back in Prem?

I would absolutely love someone from SPFL come to Tynecastle first day back to try and present us with something.  I'd hope for disdain from our players and coaches, and the entire stadium - full again - to turn their backs and boo.

I'll never forget what was done to us.

The SFA and SPFL somehow survived all of that and are still making a mockery of our game.  It's like Stockholm syndrome but I hope that we, Partick and a couple more have at least woken up.

Great post

kingantti1874

It meant something to win this league in 2015 with hibs and rangers in it.

this time, frankly it’s a shameful embarrassment that we are in the league in the first place and to celebrate it would lend credibility to the decision  to end the league and expel us in the first place.

we should be entirely dismissive of it, no trophy, no flags, and no “guard of honour”.  One last slap in the face to those who voted us there.

I’m sure the players can have a couple of beers or a zoom quiz to celebrate 😂

ps - depending on who it is I’ll be all for celebrating whoever goes down.. if it’s Ross county I’d love to see a plane with “take your medicine” circling Dingwall 

been here before
15 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

I'm going to not celebrate like my life depends on it

Thats the spirit!!!  👍

Award yourself 25 super duper megauber Jambopoints 

22games nro

everyone one will have their own views and are entitled to do whatever they think  But To my mind I’ll not be treating it as a celebration .

nothing is guaranteed in life . yes, we should be winning it with all the stuff around us, budget,players etc but as I say nothing is guaranteed.

so will I raise a glass and toast winning the league, but it will definitely be because it’s  more of a relief than a celebratory drink.

22games nro

Just read this from the Edinburgh live website, maybe someone should have a word and tell them not to worry ?

Hearts' title celebration could be at risk after John Swinney warned 'landmark events' in the Scottish football calendar are hanging in the balance.

The Deputy First Minister slammed Rangers for a lack of leadership as thousands of fans took to the streets of Glasgow after Steven Gerrard's side clinched the Premiership crown.

Nicola Sturgeon also stuck the boot into the Ibrox side and warned she needs reassurances before giving the upcoming Rangers vs Celtic clash the green light to avoid a similar scenario playing out.

But Swinney insisted it's not just the Old Firm derby that's at risk, but other 'landmark' fixtures on the horizon including the Hearts' potential promotion party as the Tynecastle side are on the verge of clinching the Championship.

On 07/03/2021 at 09:42, Skacelsid said:

The first home game of next season, hopefully with fans, would be the time to raise championship flag. It is not really a great achievement but should be acknowledged. Hopefully no moronic Ibrox-like celebration before then.  Once the season kicks off it is history. Lets just get it done first.

Spot on.

53 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Might have 2 shandies in the hoose, could get messy.

Whatever you do, Harold, don’t post on here after the two shandies.  All sorts of bother awaits those who post while full of the old bevvy!

🍻🍻

4 hours ago, 22games nro said:

Just read this from the Edinburgh live website, maybe someone should have a word and tell them not to worry ?

Hearts' title celebration could be at risk after John Swinney warned 'landmark events' in the Scottish football calendar are hanging in the balance.

The Deputy First Minister slammed Rangers for a lack of leadership as thousands of fans took to the streets of Glasgow after Steven Gerrard's side clinched the Premiership crown.

Nicola Sturgeon also stuck the boot into the Ibrox side and warned she needs reassurances before giving the upcoming Rangers vs Celtic clash the green light to avoid a similar scenario playing out.

But Swinney insisted it's not just the Old Firm derby that's at risk, but other 'landmark' fixtures on the horizon including the Hearts' potential promotion party as the Tynecastle side are on the verge of clinching the Championship.

Thought JS was a Jambo ? 

He should know there is no chance of big celebrations in Gorgie. 

davemclaren
19 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Thought JS was a Jambo ? 

He should know there is no chance of big celebrations in Gorgie. 

That’s not a John Swinney quote. It’s a journalistic extrapolation. 

I realise that winning the Premier League is a big deal for Rangers as is winning the cup for St Johnstone, but us winning the Championship by a country mile is what we expect and nothing that most of us will be getting in any way excited about. Wild celebrations?  You're having a laugh.

Harry Potter
4 hours ago, Morgan said:

Whatever you do, Harold, don’t post on here after the two shandies.  All sorts of bother awaits those who post while full of the old bevvy!

🍻🍻

🙂👍

22games nro
1 hour ago, henryheart said:

I realise that winning the Premier League is a big deal for Rangers as is winning the cup for St Johnstone, but us winning the Championship by a country mile is what we expect and nothing that most of us will be getting in any way excited about. Wild celebrations?  You're having a laugh.

I was thinking about what I’d be like once it’s finally won,  and to my honest surprise I started to feel angry and bitter about it, not the winning it but the fact we’ve been made to play in this league , yes I’m a bitter man but I don’t think I’ll actually forget this for years if not never 👎 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
8 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

this time, frankly it’s a shameful embarrassment that we are in the league in the first place and to celebrate it would lend credibility to the decision  to end the league and expel us in the first place.

we should be entirely dismissive of it, no trophy, no flags, and no “guard of honour”.  One last slap in the face to those who voted us there.

ps - depending on who it is I’ll be all for celebrating whoever goes down.. if it’s Ross county I’d love to see a plane with “take your medicine” circling Dingwall 

This is a good summary of the thinking behind my opening post.

I didn’t intend any anti-Hearts rhetoric at all.

Captain Canada

Can't wait for this season to end.

Assuming we do win the league, it should be ignored as an 'event' and never mentioned again. 

43 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

Can't wait for this season to end.

Assuming we do win the league, it should be ignored as an 'event' and never mentioned again. 

Edgy.

9 hours ago, 22games nro said:

I won't be celebrating.   I will happily acknowledge we have gained promotion rightfully.    As sad as the situation that was forced upon us, I won't be just sitting depressing myself further by not smiling that we achieved promotion.   

9 hours ago, kila said:

'Promotion party' 🤣

What he said, I agree 🤣 

7 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Might have 2 shandies in the hoose, could get messy.

:gok:

Edited by HMFC01

Sub4TiddlerMurray

What a load of baws!

winning the Championship at first time of asking is a big achievement. After all the negativity of last season, to me, it’s a refreshing change to be winning games and I will definitely be celebrating and raising a glass to RN for a job well done.

phuck all the holier than thou, most outraged “this league is beneath us” pesh. We are where we are, mostly because we made ourselves relegation fodder long before the SPFL self serving phukkers called the league (the game against St Liedown was the nail we put in our own coffin). But, we dusted ourselves down and have now got ourselves in position to bounce right back up. Boosted our FOH membership contributions. We now have an awesome stadium (thanks AB and no thanks to all the TWhats that are now jumping on the AB hate wagon).

The future is maroon! Let’s finish off this (much better than folk give it credit for) league and get back to pumping Hibs!

6 hours ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

What a load of baws!

winning the Championship at first time of asking is a big achievement. After all the negativity of last season, to me, it’s a refreshing change to be winning games and I will definitely be celebrating and raising a glass to RN for a job well done.

phuck all the holier than thou, most outraged “this league is beneath us” pesh. We are where we are, mostly because we made ourselves relegation fodder long before the SPFL self serving phukkers called the league (the game against St Liedown was the nail we put in our own coffin). But, we dusted ourselves down and have now got ourselves in position to bounce right back up. Boosted our FOH membership contributions. We now have an awesome stadium (thanks AB and no thanks to all the TWhats that are now jumping on the AB hate wagon).

The future is maroon! Let’s finish off this (much better than folk give it credit for) league and get back to pumping Hibs!

Well said that man !

TyphoonJambo
7 hours ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

What a load of baws!

Great Post. Stand by for happy clapper abuse.

Bazzas right boot

What a load of baws!

:yas:

scott herbertson
11 hours ago, jonesy said:

I think you're missing the point. Celebrating winning the league gives credibility to those who made the decisions that saw us unjustly (and some might say vindictively) demoted.

I'm very much in the 'shite in the trophy' camp.

Or you could look at it as a 'Get it right up ye!" to the ingrates and weaklings that thought it would be fun to expel us from the league and celebrate coming back to rub it in their noses.

I'll be celebrating that. The trophy's irrelevant but getting back there is not.

SectionDJambo

I will be satisfied and raise a glass to winning the Championship without any of the other clubs in that division, who manipulated our demotion for financial gain, having had little or no direct income from Hearts fans.

I'll be happier still if Dundee stay down..

Ford Prentice

Unlike many (most?) on here I think the way we have won this league comfortably and will be going straight back up is quite impressive. However I'm a bitter man so I won't be celebrating it since I think it would validate what was done to us. I will get a bit of smug satisfaction though especially as we pass by whoever gets relegated. Personally I hope that it's Kilmarnock since the Killie fan on the Terrace Podcast (Craig Anderson) is an annoying **** who has revelled in Hearts demotion. Whoever goes down, it'll be interesting to see how long they stay there.

Geoff Kilpatrick
6 minutes ago, Ford Prentice said:

Unlike many (most?) on here I think the way we have won this league comfortably and will be going straight back up is quite impressive. However I'm a bitter man so I won't be celebrating it since I think it would validate what was done to us. I will get a bit of smug satisfaction though especially as we pass by whoever gets relegated. Personally I hope that it's Kilmarnock since the Killie fan on the Terrace Podcast (Craig Anderson) is an annoying **** who has revelled in Hearts demotion. Whoever goes down, it'll be interesting to see how long they stay there.

I stopped listening to it because of that whiney, nasaly, dick!

I'll celebrate in the house, maybe congratulate the team on social media.

But its more about recognising the job done. 

We are not there yet thou. 

What a load of baws!

I agree with this.

But I also agree with 90% of the posts on this thread.  The arguments are not mutually exclusive (or they are, I can never remember what that means!).

We can be proud to win the league and get promotion straight away and to be better than almost every other club in living memory have been in doing so.  I'll open a bottle or two to celebrate when we clinch it (soon!).

BUUUUUUT.  A shunning of trophy presentations, a quite matter of fact public face to the achievement and using any SPLF visit to Tynie to let them know what we think of the whole debacle would also be apt.

We were shafted.  Many took very obvious delight in doing it.  No one moreso than Neil Doncaster whose reaction to the court verdict was stunningly arrogant and ignorant on top of a whole list of apparently lawful crimes.

Like someone said above, my overriding feeling in clinching the league, with it almost upon us, would appear to be a resurfacing of the anger I felt last year.  I hope the club read the room in that respect.

Make the world know we're proud of the lads for bouncing back*, make it clear we shouldn't have been there.  Make it very clear we HAVEN'T FORGOTTEN.

The wild card is of course our embarrassing contingent of silly little bairns who seem to want to support Rangers, but attach themselves to us.  They may be their usual idiot selves and try to party like the scum did along the M8.

*need to remember they're working in the weirdest of conditions at present and life tough as it is for us all, so a little celebration of a job achieved is the least they deserve.

georgiehearts66
10 hours ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

What a load of baws!

Good post

John Findlay
9 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Winning the Championship at the first time of asking is an achievement?

Is that a serious post?

We didnt win it in 1977/78, We were runners up to Morton, but we still had a helluva party in Arbroath.

kingantti1874
13 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Winning the Championship at the first time of asking is an achievement?

Is that a serious post?

I think it was.  A team full of internationals beating a league full of kids, part timers and over the hill junior players.

we would have been utterly humiliated if we hadn’t won it, you can’t then recognise it as a massive achievement.

players should have a couple of beers to themselves and focus on redeeming the reputation of our club next season

Craig Herbertson
6 hours ago, TheBigO said:

I agree with this.

But I also agree with 90% of the posts on this thread.  The arguments are not mutually exclusive (or they are, I can never remember what that means!).

We can be proud to win the league and get promotion straight away and to be better than almost every other club in living memory have been in doing so.  I'll open a bottle or two to celebrate when we clinch it (soon!).

BUUUUUUT.  A shunning of trophy presentations, a quite matter of fact public face to the achievement and using any SPLF visit to Tynie to let them know what we think of the whole debacle would also be apt.

We were shafted.  Many took very obvious delight in doing it.  No one moreso than Neil Doncaster whose reaction to the court verdict was stunningly arrogant and ignorant on top of a whole list of apparently lawful crimes.

Like someone said above, my overriding feeling in clinching the league, with it almost upon us, would appear to be a resurfacing of the anger I felt last year.  I hope the club read the room in that respect.

Make the world know we're proud of the lads for bouncing back*, make it clear we shouldn't have been there.  Make it very clear we HAVEN'T FORGOTTEN.

The wild card is of course our embarrassing contingent of silly little bairns who seem to want to support Rangers, but attach themselves to us.  They may be their usual idiot selves and try to party like the scum did along the M8.

*need to remember they're working in the weirdest of conditions at present and life tough as it is for us all, so a little celebration of a job achieved is the least they deserve.

This is about there I am at. Should we win the league, the team, the management and the club deserve hearty congratulations for their acheivement. Other teams have tripped up badly in similar positions. On the other hand, I really believe the Club should do the absolute minimum to gloss over this whole sham. Fulfil any formal stuff that has to be done and announce that we are back fighting.

51 minutes ago, Craig Herbertson said:

This is about there I am at. Should we win the league, the team, the management and the club deserve hearty congratulations for their acheivement. Other teams have tripped up badly in similar positions. On the other hand, I really believe the Club should do the absolute minimum to gloss over this whole sham. Fulfil any formal stuff that has to be done and announce that we are back fighting.

Don't you mean, "when"? 🤔

2 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Don't you mean, "when"? 🤔

Ps ... we'll not likely be winning 'The League' any time soon ... but I live in hope. 🤣

Bunny Munro

If the club are planning on celebrating anything this season (aside from the Scottish cup 2021 win) it should be life and memory of Marius Zaliukas.

If we can get back into the stadium, a MND fundraiser game of the current team vs a selection of Zals teammates would be nice. I appreciate foreign travel may curtail this somewhat.

Kids can queue up and get the photo with the wee league cup before kick off.

Holyrood_Hearts
On 10/03/2021 at 12:24, kingantti1874 said:

Totally agree with all this- no celebration, no party, no fanfare. No making money on merchandise.

This season was all about getting back to where we should be & not acknowledge what the other clubs/SPFL did to us-although if there’s any GIRUY’s planned for Roy McGregor I’d be happy to contribute!