Not celebrating the league

Tom Hardy’s Dug

eyesandears
3 hours ago, been here before said:

Barely a penny over the door for a year but folk greeting the club might try to flog some crappy tshirts or other sundry Championship winning shite to folk who'll want to buy it.

Well said mate. I expect the club to get a range of merchandise done and get it flogged to the families with kids, the younger ones who never have experienced Hearts winning a trophy. Let them buy the flags and Tshirts and get their photo with the trophy and let them enjoy the moment. There are far too many of our so called supporters who cant see past the length of their own nose.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Bazzas right boot

• kingantti1874

• GinRummy

Just now, neilnunb said:

I barely celebrated the last time. I sure as **** won't be celebrating this utter embarrassment.

That was us as well. We appreciated the efforts of the team and it was good to see a lot of young players achieve something but we didn't actually celebrate winning it for the reason that we were only down there due to the -15 points we were given the previous season. Had it not been for that we would've had enough points to stay up. I thought at the time we'd be favourites to go straight back up as Hibs needed a big clear out and Rangers 2012 had only been promoted from League 1. We managed it a bit more comfortably that we might've expected to be fair,  given Rangers 2012's resources so it was a big achievement for the youngsters we had at the time. 

This season though....all i'd do if i was Hearts is walk up and sarcastically applaud Doncaster, collect the trophy and walk back into the dressing room without a nod or acknowledgement. Leave the wee runt standing like a total knobend in the centre circle.

This topic comes the day after the title was effectively won, ending any Dundee interest and making Raith's task ridiculous. A win for Dundee would have asked all manner of questions. Probably why some have now moved on to this negativity. Real self indulgent stuff 

Edited by Riccarton3

I’ll give out a sigh of relief. I won’t celebrate it but have no problem with the players doing so. After all, many weren’t part of that embarrassment last season. 
if the club want to sell merchandise then fair enough. If there’s a demand for it then they supply I guess, although I don’t know anybody that would buy anything to do with this season.

Just now, 1971fozzy said:

I’ll give out a sigh of relief. I won’t celebrate it but have no problem with the players doing so. After all, many weren’t part of that embarrassment last season. 
if the club want to sell merchandise then fair enough. If there’s a demand for it then they supply I guess, although I don’t know anybody that would buy anything to do with this season.

Yip, no problem with the players having a wee celebration to themselves. Maybe travel restrictions will be lifted a bit by then and they can go on a jolly for a few days. Just don't give Doncaster any satisfaction or justification for what that lot did. If England got to play their last few games there was no reason Scotland couldn't have either.

On merchandise....not bothered if they want to sell anything, i'm sure there will be lots of kids who will just be happy to see a trophy at Hearts without really knowing the circumstances of how we were in this division in the first place. Any new wee Jambos is all good by me.

been here before
28 minutes ago, eyesandears said:

Well said mate. I expect the club to get a range of merchandise done and get it flogged to the families with kids, the younger ones who never have experienced Hearts winning a trophy. Let them buy the flags and Tshirts and get their photo with the trophy and let them enjoy the moment. There are far too many of our so called supporters who cant see past the length of their own nose.

20 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

This topic comes the day after the title was effectively won, ending any Dundee interest and making Raith's task ridiculous. A win for Dundee would have asked all manner of questions. Probably why some have now moved on to this negativity. Real self indulgent stuff 

Wee chance for the superubers to flash their 'Im still more outraged than you' Jamboness though.

Edited by been here before

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 hour ago, Captain Lithuania said:

Heard it all now. Whilst I agree that fans should not be gathering en masse to celebrate, the players have the right to. All season folk have been having a go and them, do we not think they’re entitled to celebrate what they set out to achieve?

But that is my main point.

We’d look like idiots if we broke COVID rules to go down Gorgie and start setting off flairs singing songs.

As a said we are better than that and this season is an embarrassing glitch in our history.

I also think any officially trophy hand over should be ignored.

This isn’t an anti-Robbie point from me.

Anybody come up with any unique ways to out not celebrate each other yet.

Think I might sit on the lavvy all day and play Mario kart.

Seymour M Hersh

At least the team are doing their level best not to get us overly excited with amazing performances week in week out. 

12 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

But that is my main point.

We’d look like idiots if we broke COVID rules to go down Gorgie and start setting off flairs singing songs.

As a said we are better than that and this season is an embarrassing glitch in our history.

I also think any officially trophy hand over should be ignored.

This isn’t an anti-Robbie point from me.

I read it as rubbishing the club, when everyone already knows naebody will be gathering at Tynecastle for any 'celebration'. Now you don't want the trophy handed over officially. 

Me, I'm still chuffed we beat Dundee when there was no guarantee of this. 

5 hours ago, pablo said:

If the Club tries to acknowledge it with merchandise or anything other than a cursory sentence on the website, I'll be disappointed. 

Mind you, Commemorative Championship Season Winners Toilet Roll printed with an inspired choice of alternating images, quotes from certain club chairmen, and so on (e.g. Take Your Medicine) would fly off the shelves. I'm sure that the club could get a good selection of suggestions from the JKB community. 🤭

Having said that, the thought of wiping one's posterior with paper printed thus might induce constipation:-

Sitting Comfortably?

20210307_143425.jpg

Edited by Wee Mikey

Gilberts Fridge

I don't consider that we will achieve promotion at the end of this season. When we finish top of this league, we will be re instated to the league we were wrongfully expelled from. 

No celebrations and  no promotion tat from the club. The club can sell me re instatement merchandise if they want. Any official ceremonies we are contracted to attend should be with the minimum club staff possible. If these ceremonies are in front of fans then lets treat them with the contempt they deserve.   Never let the SPFL/SFA and parasite clubs forget.

Ex member of the SaS

Not trying to be too negative but with the Huns fans going ballistic and now they have officially won the league they will be even worse, what are the chances of the Scottish Government ending the season now and Doncaster and co saying no demotion/promotion?

Scott980612

Fans waving flags and flares  in gorgie to “celebrate” this will be horrendous to see. Hope it doesn’t happen. 

Hope it’s low key from the club , can’t see championship winning memorabilia flying off the shelves. 

davemclaren
15 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Not trying to be too negative but with the Huns fans going ballistic and now they have officially won the league they will be even worse, what are the chances of the Scottish Government ending the season now and Doncaster and co saying no demotion/promotion?

About Zero I imagine. 

Seems pointless celebrating something we were odds on to win anyway. Last twelve months have been abysmal as well as the Levein era leading up to it.

last four or five years have been my least enjoyable period of supporting Hearts, in our other stints in the first division there at least felt a sense of togetherness as a support. Something just doesn’t feel right or maybe I’m just getting old and past caring?

22games nro

The players should "celebrate " with an old fashioned handshake between them, then head back to the dressing room.

actually , I think that this season they don’t even seem to celebrate the goals the same, and not because of COVID either , I just think they are thinking along similar lines ??

kirkierobroy

Don't see why you wouldn't celebrate if achieving what you deserve.

See every reason not to invite or admit Doncaster or any of his like. There will still be restrictions when he tries to muscle in so it should be easy to exclude him.

23 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

About Zero I imagine. 

Dave, could you please clear your inbox?

Thanks 👍

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Dave, could you please clear your inbox?

Thanks 👍

Don’t think there is anything wrong with my Inbox. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Used 36% messenger storage

For the Scottish cup final I was just about out the door going to tynie but winning this league no way just another day for me

Bazzas right boot

Many on here don't want to celebrate anything Hearts do, so adding this to list wil be business as usual for them. 

I won't be celebrating it, but it should be noted that when we get promoted, it was job done, well done and now we move forward imo. 

If anything it should be noted by the club  just to bam up the likes of Dundee and whoever gets relegated as a two fingers up to the pricks that demoted us in the first place. 

Whatever the club does it will be wrong by some tho, who will delight in posting about how annoyed they are and how shit everything is. 

I will raise a glass or two when it's won, no big deal for me but pleased for players and coaches.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 hour ago, Riccarton3 said:

I read it as rubbishing the club, when everyone already knows naebody will be gathering at Tynecastle for any 'celebration'. Now you don't want the trophy handed over officially. 

Me, I'm still chuffed we beat Dundee when there was no guarantee of this. 

Not from me mate. Just rubbishing the set up we are forced to play in.

The fact that I don’t see this season as much of an achievement has nothing to do with the team.

I’ll celebrate the **** out of winning the Scottish cup though 😉

jambo-in-furness

I will celebrate,

by way of carrying on with my FOH donation,  and defying all those clubs and their “fans” who rejoiced in the prospect that our demotion would bring about our demise.

buzzbomb1958
3 hours ago, Riccarton3 said:

We might not finish the league after the Huns celebrations outside ibroke and George Square the Scottish government are now monitoring the situation wee Jimmy krankie just might have her red card at the ready

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Anybody come up with any unique ways to out not celebrate each other yet.

Think I might sit on the lavvy all day and play Mario kart.

I'm gonna make sure I don't smile that day. 

been here before
3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I'm gonna make sure I don't smile that day. 

Im going to sit here just ragin' more than anyone else. Probably ragin' until my FOH subs come out so I can ram it up all those from other teams who couldnt give a **** about me ragin' and paying my FOH subs.

No plinth set up, players go straight inside for a shower then into the Gorgie suite for a few beers meanwhile the kit man follows them off the pitch, picks up the trophy and launches it head first into the nearest bin. The championship flag should fly at half mast for the whole season

I can’t imagine not celebrating Hearts winning something, even this crappy wee league in which we should not even be contesting.

However, even if I was there in Edinburgh (and if the pubs were open) it would still be a very muted celebration.  A few beers, a wee clenched fist, perhaps kiss my scarf - that would be it.

A hollow victory, but a victory all the same.  

I’m going to get blotto. I hope the players do the same, bit of team bonding over a few drinks will do them the world of good. 

WoolfordsHearts

I'll certainly celebrate it.

As for the trophy presentation, Berra should hold it aloft,give a big GIFUY and drop kick the ******* thing over the Roseburn.

No Idle Talk

Everyone is entitled to react how they want to us winning the league when we finally wrap it up. Personally, I will be sitting with a satisfied smile on my face and will be having a few celebratory beers when the day comes. 

4 minutes ago, WoolfordsHearts said:

As for the trophy presentation, Berra should hold it aloft,give a big GIFUY and drop kick the ******* thing over the Roseburn.

One last Berra hoof. A fitting end 😀

7 hours ago, been here before said:

Barely a penny over the door for a year but folk greeting the club might try to flog some crappy tshirts or other sundry Championship winning shite to folk who'll want to buy it.

:spoton:

Any extra cash into the coffers is welcome, and needed in this difficult time.

No Idle Talk
2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Many on here don't want to celebrate anything Hearts do, so adding this to list wil be business as usual for them. 

I would like to believe that this is not the case but when I see some of the things people post on here I do begin to wonder. We have people saying they will refuse to celebrate winning this league and I've seen people say they either don't care when Hearts get knocked out of the League Cup or they don't really care if Hearts never win the League Cup. It's a bizarre attitude to have.

Obviously there are not going to be any open top bus parades like 1998, 2006 or 2012 when we win this league. It's not the same level of achievement. Nobody is suggesting otherwise. But if the players and some of our fans want to celebrate winning this league, why shouldn't they? Why the need to be miserable all the time?

There's nothing wrong with having a few beers and enjoying the moment. 

Edited by No Idle Talk

A few beers, a dram or three and a rousing chorus of the Hearts song will do me, make sure the neighbours can enjoy it too 😊. Then, move on to next season. Upwards and onwards Hearts.

Corstorphine Jambo

If we are to win this league (surely?) then I hope Doncaster presents the trophy. Then the club captain can raise it up, put it down on the grass and leave it there for Doncaster to pick up as the team head for the dressing room. Petty? For sure, but would sum up what we think about being demoted last year

Bazzas right boot
22 minutes ago, WoolfordsHearts said:

The thing would put a Hole in the moon if Berra hoofed it. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

davemclaren
Just now, Harry Potter said:

might go OTT and have a shandy in the hoose twirling my hearts scarf.

Just a shandy? 😎

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

might go OTT and have a shandy in the hoose twirling my hearts scarf.

:yas:

We need to win the thing first.

Then we can worry about whether and how to mark the event.

Probably a huge sigh of relief for me. But players would be entitled to feel pleased.

I don't understand the misplaced snobbery and delusions of grandeur on display here. It is reminiscent of the sort of stuff that we normally expect from the Hibs support and we rightly ridicule them for it.

Hearts were at the foot of the table when COVID-19 hit hard and, whilst it may have seem unfair the way it was done, Hearts have played in a lower league for that reason.  If Hearts had been playing better at the time, they would have been playing in the Premiership and nobody would give a damn about the rights and wrongs of the way it happened or the fate of the demoted club.  We can spend all day theorising about what might have happened if the remaining games had gone ahead last season, but they didn't, so move on and deal with the hand we were played.

The Club have managed to stay at the top of the Championship, so it would be very disrespectful to them and the other Championship clubs not to celebrate winning promotion after a single season.  Remember, it took Hibs three seasons to get back up!

8 hours ago, neilnunb said:

I barely celebrated the last time. I sure as **** won't be celebrating this utter embarrassment.

Last time was well worthy of celebration and was an achievement - not this time round.

3 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

I’ll probably just stand outside of tynecastle masturbating furiously. 

No change there then....😂

Edited by Thomaso

4 minutes ago, myself said:

I don't understand the misplaced snobbery and delusions of grandeur on display here. It is reminiscent of the sort of stuff that we normally expect from the Hibs support and we rightly ridicule them for it.

Hearts were at the foot of the table when COVID-19 hit hard and, whilst it may have seem unfair the way it was done, Hearts have played in a lower league for that reason.  If Hearts had been playing better at the time, they would have been playing in the Premiership and nobody would give a damn about the rights and wrongs of the way it happened or the fate of the demoted club.  We can spend all day theorising about what might have happened if the remaining games had gone ahead last season, but they didn't, so move on and deal with the hand we were played.

The Club have managed to stay at the top of the Championship, so it would be very disrespectful to them and the other Championship clubs not to celebrate winning promotion after a single season.  Remember, it took Hibs three seasons to get back up!

Great words Mr. Petrie 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻