In my 35 years watching Hearts, is this the worst?

MCW1976

Bazzas right boot
Just now, merseyjambo said:

FML, the NDF are out in force tonight

We have just not been as shite as the other teams in the league, it doesn’t mean our performances haven’t been bad because Dundee at home and Raith away aside, they have been mediocre at best. The other teams are however worse than us. 

I agree, we are the best in the division. 

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Auldbenches

• The Grim Reaper

• Bazzas right boot

• Fozzyonthefence

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

I agree, we are the best in the division. 

That’s not saying much.

We’ve been less shite than the rest.

I watched the Betfred final today and what’s worrying is St Johnstone would rip us a new one at present and they’re a mediocre SPL club

But give yourself comfort and whatever else it is you do going on about how good Robbie is. Truth is he didn’t want to manage in SPL as United’s owner is nowhere near as forgiving as Queen Ann and he knows he’d likely have been punted by them. Ask any United fan, they were glad to get rid

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

That’s not saying much.

We’ve been less shite than the rest.

I watched the Betfred final today and what’s worrying is St Johnstone would rip us a new one at present and they’re a mediocre SPL club

But give yourself comfort and whatever else it is you do going on about how good Robbie is. Truth is he didn’t want to manage in SPL as United’s owner is nowhere near as forgiving as Queen Ann and he knows he’d likely have been punted by them. Ask any United fan, they were glad to get rid

I'll not shit the bed about St Johnstone quite yet. 

Carry on tho. 

6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Carry on tho. 

I’m not shitting the bed, I’m realistic enough to recognise that they would hand us our arses at the moment. We are the best of a bad bunch in this league but that’s not a ringing endorsement about us being good.

We are predictable, slow and boring. A lot like we were under the other man you defended so vigorously as well, CL.

In excess of 44,000 posts and in most of them you are argumentative and obnoxious. You can’t even contemplate the fact that we are underperforming, just like when we had CL in charge.

Go back to watching your DVD of Hibs winning the Scottish Cup 

9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Carry on tho. 

They've just win a cup while we couldn't beat Morton, Dundee, Alloa etc and you're not worried about st johnstone being a lot better than us?   It pisses a lot of us off because we should be doing better. 

It's only you and about 3 others on here who think we are performing well. 

No wonder we keep getting worse.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Auldbenches said:

They've just win a cup while we couldn't beat Morton, Dundee, Alloa etc and you're not worried about st johnstone being a lot better than us?   It pisses a lot of us off because we should be doing better. 

It's only you and about 3 others on here who think we are performing well. 

No wonder we keep getting worse.

Hate to break this to you but we have beaten Morton, Dundee and Alloa, just not in the last 4 or 5 games. Luckily the season is longer than that!

13 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Carry on tho. 

Do you know how many days a week Ann Budge works at the club?  I think it'll show if she has lost interest.  Is she even attending home games?  

She appointed Neilson because she couldn't be bothered interviewing other candidates.  

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Hate to break this to you but we have beaten Morton, Dundee and Alloa, just not in the last 4 or 5 games. Luckily the season is longer than that!

Hate to break it to yiu but we also failed to beat alloa, dunfermline, Morton and raith.  Raith were nearly 4 up at half time and we are by far the best in the league? 

If you are enjoying how we are doing just now, I question your attitude towards us.  

No way anyone can be happy with what we are watching. 

You definitely have connections to someone at tbe club.  No way you can defend the last 4 years like you have.  

Stendel was a failure after 6 months but Budge isn't after 7 years?

She has failed in numerous ways and gets an easy ride because.   

Nothing has run smoothly with her in charge.  

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Do you know how many days a week Ann Budge works at the club?  I think it'll show if she has lost interest.  Is she even attending home games?  

She appointed Neilson because she couldn't be bothered interviewing other candidates.  

Cool story. 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Cool story. 

Is that your reply?  Cool as a kettle.  

Does she still come into tyncastle and attend home games?   

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Cool story. 

Thanks to you wanting the club to stick with levein we are now in the championship.  Thanks. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Auldbenches said:

Thanks to you wanting the club to stick with levein we are now in the championship.  Thanks. 

😂😂😂

You severely over estimate my influence on Hearts. 

I have no influence on the performance of the team, the transfer policy or the hiring and firing of managers. 

You're well off topic as well as you descend into your emotional breakdown of quite epic proportions. 

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Hate to break it to yiu but we also failed to beat alloa, dunfermline, Morton and raith.  Raith were nearly 4 up at half time and we are by far the best in the league? 

If you are enjoying how we are doing just now, I question your attitude towards us.  

No way anyone can be happy with what we are watching. 

You definitely have connections to someone at tbe club.  No way you can defend the last 4 years like you have.  

Stendel was a failure after 6 months but Budge isn't after 7 years?

She has failed in numerous ways and gets an easy ride because.   

Nothing has run smoothly with her in charge.  

Can't believe Budge missed that sitter against Morton.

37 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

😂😂😂

I have no influence on the performance of the team, the transfer policy or the hiring and firing of managers. 

You're well off topic as well as you descend into your emotional breakdown of quite epic proportions. 

Do you and Togue jambo tag team ever poster who criticise anything about the club? 

Emotional breakdown? You are a waste of energy   

No need for shite like that .

36 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Can't believe she couldn't be bothered to interview people for the managers job.  

Can you believe after 7 year she hasn't got many things right and people still think she is competent.  

1 hour ago, Auldbenches said:

Is that your reply?  Cool as a kettle.  

Does she still come into tyncastle and attend home games?   

In fairness she could be shielding? If she is absent there could be COVID related reasons or a whole variety of other reasons. I doubt very much that she just can’t be bothered.

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

😂😂😂

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Did you, in the end, get a room?

3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

In fairness she could be shielding? If she is absent there could be COVID related reasons or a whole variety of other reasons. I doubt very much that she just can’t be bothered.

Could be that.  Hiring Robbie without interviewing other candidates looks like she couldn't be bothered.  

9 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Could be that.  Hiring Robbie without interviewing other candidates looks like she couldn't be bothered.  

She went for what she though was “a safe pair of hands”. She even said that in the Inside Tynecastle documentary. Unfortunately those “safe pair of hands” is a manager whose style of football bores people to death. The good news is when he gets emptied, which will hopefully be soon, our new Chief Exec will be doing the interviewing.

Guest ToqueJambo
55 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Can't believe she couldn't be bothered to interview people for the managers job.  

Can you believe after 7 year she hasn't got many things right and people still think she is competent.  

Were many interviews happening during the early days of one of the worst pandemics in history? When we didn't even know what league if any we'd be playing in. We needed a manager. She got one she could trust and who has a track record with us in the Championship and Premiership.

Guest ToqueJambo

13 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

She went for what she though was “a safe pair of hands”. She even said that in the Inside Tynecastle documentary. Unfortunately those “safe pair of hands” is a manager whose style of football bores people to death. The good news is when he gets emptied, which will hopefully be soon, our new Chief Exec will be doing the interviewing.

This is why fan ownership now gives me the fear. Characters like this are genuinely going to think they run the club.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Recent results are concerning, 3 straight draws against Championship opposition is hardly inspiring. But I still think Hearts will win this league and relatively comfortably at that.

Things clearly have to change for next season when the standard of opposition certainly in the top 6 will be vastly greater.

13 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

This is why fan ownership now gives me the fear. Characters like this are genuinely going to think they run the club.

🤪

I’ve been meaning to put you on ignore. I’ll rectify that immediately and you can join the other half of your comedy tag team 👋 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

🤪

I’ve been meaning to put you on ignore. I’ll rectify that immediately and you can join the other half of your comedy tag team 👋 

No, no you're absolutely right. A change of manager at this moment in time is absolutely the sensible decision. 

The decline in footballing standards at our club over the past 5 years is nothing less than shocking!.......The managerial merry go round during that period with Neilson, Cathro, Levein, (a bit Stendel) and back again to Neilson must tell us something. It tells us about a tunnelled visioned recruitment process where the owner of the club cannot think "outside the box".....And it's back again to square one!

IMO there has been no footballing success during the last 5 year period.

Before we get back to the Neilson "in or out" tennis match. Let's just for a start forget about our brief venture into Europe, a wholesale disaster best forgotten about. Let's forget about our elevated 2nd spot just before Neilson headed south to MK Dons. nothing more than a false dawn as time has proven.

There has been nothing on the football pitch during the past 5-years for any Hearts fan to be proud of.

Why are we incapable of recruiting coaches who are untarnished by the past 5-years?
Why is it that Ann Budge is incapable of changing the formula and breaking the link to the past 5-years?
Hearts are heading back to the top league, the reality wake up for Budge might be the reluctance, as many have stated to cough up £500 knowing that nothing has changed from the past 5-years.

We should be on our way to celebrating, however all I'm seeing and hearing is division, suspicion and probably worst of all apathy.

This is not the unified Hearts support of last summer prior to the reappointment of Neilson.  

Auldbenches
10 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

No, no you're absolutely right. A change of manager at this moment in time is absolutely the sensible decision. 

Widening her scope while looking for a new manager would've been the sensible thing to do.   

11 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

In the interests of fairness, he didn’t say that. He did however state the bleeding obvious that under RN our performances are grim and not acceptable to the Hearts support, excluding of course the happy clappers brigade and a few deranged posters on here.

Austin MacGlee
On 28/02/2021 at 21:53, Auldbenches said:

Not a Budge supporter in any sense but this doesn't sit right with me. She's handing over the reigns in the near distant and that's why she's been appointing CEO and SD roles this season. She's not lost interest, she just knows her time is up and the fans are losing patience.

As for the latest Neilson appointment, I'm thinking now that Stendel was always nothing more than an interim manager in Budge's eyes. When she couldn't get Neilson in immedierly after CL was "sacked" she pinned her hopes on MacPhee doing well to see us through to summer when Neilson would then be available. MacPhee flopped and she panicked into hiring a guy who would be on a hiding to nothing trying to play attractive, high-intensity, pressing football with a squad of crocked pensioners. Safe, boring Robbie is getting results from the squad so she'll be happy but I suspect she'll be increasingly less present and visible next season and I hope she is. The less footballing decisions she's involved in the better.

The Stendel appointment annoys me more than the rest (other than Levein). If you appoint a manager like Stendel in the middle of a terrible season you have to back him with funds for signings and give him a summer window.

Budge knows **** all about football so she hired Stendel and didn't have any clue that we didn't have the squad for a manager like that.

The sooner she goes the better. She makes everything we do in footballing terms/decisions seem so amateur.

Bazzas right boot
21 hours ago, Auldbenches said:

Widening her scope while looking for a new manager would've been the sensible thing to do.   

She widened her scope with Stendel and Cathro. 

After Stendel, She then got a manager that has proven himself in the championship and in the top flight In Scotland. 

You can go on and on about it but that's the facts. 

In regards to this decision she is also been proving right so far. 

So you can either whine about it, hoping we fail so your point you are making is proven or pull yourself together and support the manager and team while he is delivering. 

I'm not too sure how "wide a scope" can be either when looking for - a manager, during a pandemic that financially impacts you along with demotion in a reduced Scottish championship season. 

And also, if she did "widen her scope" but still landed on Robbie you'd still be moaning your tits aff so any scope widening is Likley irrelevant in regards to your attitude. 

Auldbenches
32 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

She widened her scope with Stendel and Cathro. 

After Stendel, She then got a manager that has proven himself in the championship and in the top flight In Scotland. 

You can go on and on about it but that's the facts. 

In regards to this decision she is also been proving right so far. 

So you can either whine about it, hoping we fail so your point you are making is proven or pull yourself together and support the manager and team while he is delivering. 

I'm not too sure how "wide a scope" can be either when looking for - a manager, during a pandemic that financially impacts you along with demotion in a reduced Scottish championship season. 

And also, if she did "widen her scope" but still landed on Robbie you'd still be moaning your tits aff so any scope widening is Likley irrelevant in regards to your attitude. 

Don't play the pandemic card.  Other teams have interviewed for managers.  Motherwell done it.   

You moan about others moaning more than we moan.  

Who are you to tell folk what they can say on here?  

Couldn't give a Turkish delight if you don't like the moaning.   

Support the team?   How you can say that about hearts fans when we support our club probably more than other fans. 

You just want one big Hhearts hig on here even though we are shite.

I'll moan as much as I want and you can use someone else to elevate your relevance. 

Seriously.  Who the feck are you  to tell others what they can say on here?  Been doing it for years.  Become.e a moderator then. 

The Grim Reaper
15 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Don't play the pandemic card.  Other teams have interviewed for managers.  Motherwell done it.   

Support the team?   How you can say that about hearts fans when we support our club probably more than other fans. 

I'll moan as much as I want and you can use someone else to elevate your relevance. 

Seriously.  Who the feck are you  to tell others what they can say on here?  Been doing it for years.  Become.e a moderator then. 

One of the admin ladies in the office?

Auldbenches
Just now, The Grim Reaper said:

One of the admin ladies in the office?

One of the budge supporters used the term 'reasonable fans' the other day which I thought was quite revealing...

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

One of the budge supporters used the term 'reasonable fans' the other day which I thought was quite revealing...

Translated as ‘wet wipes’

Auldbenches
Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Translated as ‘wet wipes’

What was the term Budge used?  Real supporters or something like that.  

We'll stop moaning when the team start delivering.  That what happens at practically every club in the world.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Auldbenches said:

You moan as much as you want then, knock yourself out. 

"Been doing it for year's" .. From a poster that has been live on jkb for less than a year..... 

Who were you before you got bested in the noble art of JKB verbal combat and got launched of the board before  reincarnating yourself ala sevco styleee? 

All that effort just so you can rip Robbie ( the timings match) and go tonto on here repeating the same shite over and over and over and over. 

Carry on tho, you are entitled to rip Hearts and moan as much as you want. 

Auldbenches
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

You moan as much as you want then, knock yourself out. 

"Been doing it for year's" .. From a poster that has been live on jkb for less than a year..... 

Who were you before you got bested in the noble art of JKB verbal combat and got launched of the board before  reincarnating yourself ala sevco styleee? 

All that effort just so you can rip Robbie ( the timings match) and go tonto on here repeating the same shite over and over and over and over. 

Carry on tho, you are entitled to rip Hearts and moan as much as you want. 

I'm not ripping Hearts, I'm 'ripping' those at the club getting it wrong.  You can't see the difference.  You rip fans on here for moaning, is that you ripping Hearts or do the fans not matter? 

I post on other threads.

There's lots who have came back after getting slapped from here because of the levein period and I'm not losing out on discussing Hearts on a message board because of the loser.  

You learn from crossing the line and avoid getting punted again. 

I'm telling you who I was because i can. 

Would you go about the diggers after a bad defeat and tell fans to shut up if they were moaning?