• JudyJudyJudy

• 1971fozzy

• Ulysses

• Tazio

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Weakened Offender
23 hours ago, Furious Styles said:

great film. Have you seen the wolf of snow hollow? 

Watched it last night. The man's a genius. 😁

11 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Oh thanks for reminding of this great film . A briiliant spoof of film noir films . Steve Martin is brilliant . He has been great in so many films .

6 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Brilliant. Hes multi talented..A great song and dance man and singer..Not many people know that..

15 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Brilliant. Hes multi talented..A great song and dance man and singer..Not many people know that..

On the subject of song and dance performances, here's one of my favourite movie entrances, from the mid-1970s.

JudyJudyJudy
28 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

On the subject of song and dance performances, here's one of my favourite movie entrances, from the mid-1970s.

Brilliant . Love it and love the Music and saw it on stage too ! 

Kalamazoo Jambo

Some good shouts already (Godfather, Jaws etc). Wallace and Gromit chase scene is of course amazing although probably out on a technicality. But need to add this ...

My musical favourite.   I am not a fan of musicals but I like this. 

Donald O'Connor in Singing in the Rain. 

Kalamazoo Jambo
1 minute ago, HMFC01 said:

My musical favourite.   I am not a fan of musicals but I like this. 

Donald O'Connor in Singing in the Rain. 

I was very close to posting that myself. Singin’ In the Rain is probably my favorite movie.

12 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

I was very close to posting that myself. Singin’ In the Rain is probably my favorite movie.

Yeah it's a quality movie.  Lots of great scenes.   

Best special effects action scene.  I always enjoy this one.   Great movie. 

Edited by HMFC01

6 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Great film 

Carl Fredrickson
On 28/02/2021 at 01:26, fancy a brew said:

I was going to post another scene from the Wicker Man but fear a ban would be incoming if I did. Fantastic film

Malinga the Swinga

Don't know if mentioned earlier but the watch shoot out from For a Few Dollars More always grabs my attention. 

When the music is dying our and then Eastwood opens the second watch to carry tune on is brilliant. 

Spitonastranger
1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Great film and great soundtrack. Minelli is good but Joel Grey as Emcee is fantastic. Hits the seediness factor just right. 

One of my favorities and with a sinister backdrop 

Spitonastranger
1 hour ago, Tazio said:

Spinechilling scene. The way it goes from a sweet sounding song to the fanatical joining in and the faces of the singers. 

Gets me every time and then the people standing and joining in. 

JudyJudyJudy
14 hours ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Some good shouts already (Godfather, Jaws etc). Wallace and Gromit chase scene is of course amazing although probably out on a technicality. But need to add this ...

Not many people know this but the film is based on a book by crime writer P D James . Her only venture into Sci fi 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Great film and great soundtrack. Minelli is good but Joel Grey as Emcee is fantastic. Hits the seediness factor just right. 

Had the pleasure to see Liza at the Royal Albert hall in 2003 . Incredible stage performer and definitely energetic and bat shit crazy 😜 seems a lovely genuine woman . She sang most of the songs from this film . Almost as great as her legendary mama 

Edited by JamesM48

Spitonastranger
Just now, JamesM48 said:

Oh jezz this is one of the great films . Gets me every time 

Seen it hundreds of times but this scene gets me every time, 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Spitonastranger said:

Seen it hundreds of times but this scene gets me every time, 

Same here . I saw it on the big screen a few years back at the cameo just before Xmas . Great experience 

On 27/02/2021 at 15:16, FWJ said:

“Play La Marseillaise.  Play it!”

Spine tingling stuff.

rudi must stay

The bridge scene in Jaws. When they speak to the governor, "you'll be screaming barracuda on the 4th of July" genius from the cinematographer. The way that scene moves is absolutely perfect 

Also this amazing scene from a film in my top 3 of all time. Age 45 I’m still a blubbering mess watching this.

JudyJudyJudy
9 minutes ago, FWJ said:

Forgot about this one.

”If scandal is to your taste Miss McKay I shall give you a feast!”

Brilliant . Outstanding acting all round esp Maggie Smith 

JudyJudyJudy

One of my favourite films . “ Murder on the orient express “ the 1974 version the latest version is an insult . The 1974 has a great ensemble acting from the all star cast . They all seem to be loving playing their parts . It’s got a great score , scenery and costumes too as well as brilliant individual performances from the all star cast . Ingrid Bergman won her 3rd Oscar for her small role . She did this scene in one take which is very impressive . An acting masterclass really Albert Finney is my favourite Poirot . 

Edited by JamesM48

Possibly my favourite film and probably one of the greatest films ever made. Great script, brilliantly captured, with great characters, played by an absolute stellar cast. 

Here's a couple of scenes. 

I P Knightley
5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Possibly my favourite film and probably one of the greatest films ever made. Great script, brilliantly captured, with great characters, played by an absolute stellar cast. 

Hard to pick a single scene from that film. My own favourite is when Lee J Cobb (Juror #3, I believe) finally breaks down, revealing the reasons behind his prejudice.

I can't imagine a film being made nowadays where there is a single setting and such drama and it being a major, lasting success.

Just brilliant.

Edit: and I can't imagine my kids, brought up on a bunch of Pixar and action movies, sitting down to watch this.

Edited by I P Knightley

The Real Maroonblood
5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Decent movie.

17 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Hard to pick a single scene from that film. My own favourite is when Lee J Cobb (Juror #3, I believe) finally breaks down, revealing the reasons behind his prejudice.

I can't imagine a film being made nowadays where there is a single setting and such drama and it being a major, lasting success.

Just brilliant.

Edit: and I can't imagine my kids, brought up on a bunch of Pixar and action movies, sitting down to watch this.