• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• 1971fozzy

• Ulysses

• Tazio

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So many to choose from . I love this moving end scene from “ Cinema Paradiso “ when the older Salvatore finds the old film prints of kissing scenes which got cut out of films his mentor old Alfredo used to play in his local childhood cinema . The local Priest would view the film and if there were any kissing scenes he would ring a bell and Alfredo the projectionist would have to cut out the scene from the film due to morality ! It’s a beautiful moving film with a great film score by Ennio Morrisone . The film is a great love affair to the magic of films . 

Edited by JamesM48

2 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Fantastic . I love this scene and the whole film . “ we don’t say the brown word in this house “ I met Kathleen Turner when she came to Edinburgh to promote her book and spoke to her ,That voice ! 

23 minutes ago, Victorian said:

My all time favourite comedy film double act . They had a beautiful on screen and offscreen relationship . Stan was the “ brains “ behind the comedy and Ollie was happy to “just” act . Apparently Stan  was inconsolable when Ollie died .  

When Stanley meets Blanche for the first time in “ a streetcar named desire” audiences back then must have been stunned by Brandos raw , realistic acting as they had been used to actors like Cary Grant . It’s like a complete different film period ! Vivienne Leigh was incredible in this too . Brando really was the greatest film Actor in my opinion . He fairly sizzled in this film with “ toxic masculinity “   Shameful he didn’t win the Oscar for

The heart thumping lift scene in “ The silence of the lambs “ is incredibly tense . It’s an underrated scene I think , but the film is a masterpiece so hard to decide which is the best scene . Lector on the run coming for you 😂 my joint favourite film of all time 

1 minute ago, Weakened Offender said:

The train station scene in Train to Busan. 

Good movie.

Favourite scene would have been the expectant father headbutting the single father but, sadly, didn't happen. 😄

Weakened Offender
Just now, martoon said:

Good movie.

Favourite scene would have been the expectant father headbutting the single father but, sadly, didn't happen. 😄

😃

One of my favourite movies. Few horror films have you rooting for all the characters, every grissly death was a heartbreaker. 

The scene when they're in the tunnel is epic too. 

12 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

😃

One of my favourite movies. Few horror films have you rooting for all the characters, every grissly death was a heartbreaker. 

The scene when they're in the tunnel is epic too. 

True.

Seen a few where I was cheering on the Zombie.

Just now, 1971fozzy said:

I love this scene. Perfection. The setting, the acting, the music.  Wonderful 

I was trying to think of a scene from The Godfather but there are so many amazing set ups in I couldn’t narrow it down. It really is a complete masterpiece of a film. 

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I was trying to think of a scene from The Godfather but there are so many amazing set ups in I couldn’t narrow it down. It really is a complete masterpiece of a film. 

yep,  impossible to narrow down. 2nd film too , so many scenes that are unforgettable 

11 hours ago, iantjambo said:

In my opinion, the train station scene in The Untouchables, is one of the best ever.

Any others?

This scene is also a massive homage to Battleship Potemkin, the famous soviet era film about the revolution. From about 1’30”

This scene has long been one of my favourites‘ from Apocalypse Now’  Ride of the Valkyries 

Edited by 1971fozzy