Jump to content

Craig Gordon


Malinga the Swinga

Recommended Posts

Malinga the Swinga

Having a great season. Thought I would try for positive thread, just for a change. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
schillaci

Genuinely looks like he is not prepared to let personal standards drop.

 

Maybe he loves his job and understands the huge privilege it is to be well paid for something most of us would do for free.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3Bigcupsoon
1 minute ago, jr ewing said:

Player of the year. 

He was player of the year, even for most of the seasons he was away 🇱🇻🇱🇻😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
NANOJAMBO
Just now, Kyle1874 said:

Where would we be in the league if we only had last seasons keepers ? 

SMRB will be along any second to tell us. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren

Hate to be negative but could he have done better with the goal yesterday?

 

Best keeper we’ve had since Craig Gordon. 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
Neil Dongcaster
26 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Hate to be negative but could he have done better with the goal yesterday?

 

Best keeper we’ve had since Craig Gordon. 👍


Thought it was a good finish, boy placed it really well.

 

Gordon is a fantastic keeper worth 12-15 points a season on his own. In my head I still believe he’s only 32-33.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Jamie Walker Tash

Craig is the only good thing about our squad atm. Has he kept the most clean sheets so far in the league? Wouldn't be surprised if he hadn't but I don't put any blame on him for that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
Just now, Neil Dongcaster said:


Thought it was a good finish, boy placed it really well.

 

Gordon is a fantastic keeper worth 12-15 points a season on his own. In my head I still believe he’s only 32-33.

Yeah, probably. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Robbo-Jambo

A fantastic goalkeeper with a great attitude. 

 

Thank god we have him. 

 

Such a difference having a safe pair of hands after last seasons shannighans. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Weakened Offender

Amazing to think that the circus act in charge of the first team this time last year stated that he wasn't required and that the keepers we had were good enough. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Hate to be negative but could he have done better with the goal yesterday?

 

Best keeper we’ve had since Craig Gordon. 👍


Your kidding Dave! 😳

Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
9 minutes ago, Thomaso said:


Your kidding Dave! 😳

I thought he got a hand close to it. I was never a keeper. 😄

Link to post
Share on other sites
Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Having a great season. Thought I would try for positive thread, just for a change. 


Yeah, he really is. Been a top pro

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Thomaso said:


Your kidding Dave! 😳

I agree , it was a cracking hit but felt he could have at least got closer to it. Almost looked like he wasn’t expecting it

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, sadj said:

I agree , it was a cracking hit but felt he could have at least got closer to it. Almost looked like he wasn’t expecting it


It was a great hit which was slightly curling away from him. If he saves that one it goes down as a wonder save. Mind you he has produced a fair few of those already this season. So he may be his own worst enemy in that regard!

 

If someone told me the entire squad would be binned tomorrow, Craig would be the only one I’d be bothered about. Potentially Boyce as well 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonder what he thinks of the players in front of him?

 

There you go.  Negative spin.  26 attempts at goal on Saturday.  Just by the law of averages my grannie would have converted 3 or 4 of them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Spellczech

My Celtic fan mate is furious that their GK position has gone backwards so far with Bain and the Greek guy when they could've just had Gordon step back in to replace Forster....Haha

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Glottis said:

What makes it even better is that all 3 of Celtic's keepers are absolute huddies.


He honestly couldn’t have left at a better time, from his point of view. Even though we are going through a tough spell right now. He will pissing himself laughing at Celtic right this season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
17 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Wonder what he thinks of the players in front of him?

 

There you go.  Negative spin.  26 attempts at goal on Saturday.  Just by the law of averages my grannie would have converted 3 or 4 of them.

How old is your granny? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

Amazing to think that the circus act in charge of the first team this time last year stated that he wasn't required and that the keepers we had were good enough. 

 

I thought the story was Lennon wouldn't let him leave...

 

Circus act is how you describe Stendel, but what about Levein? 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Weakened Offender
2 minutes ago, kila said:

 

I thought the story was Lennon wouldn't let him leave...

 

Circus act is how you describe Stendel, but what about Levein? 

 

 

Levein should have left the club after the cup final. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, DS98 said:


It was a great hit which was slightly curling away from him. If he saves that one it goes down as a wonder save. Mind you he has produced a fair few of those already this season. So he may be his own worst enemy in that regard!

 

If someone told me the entire squad would be binned tomorrow, Craig would be the only one I’d be bothered about. Potentially Boyce as well 

Possibly the high standards he has , It just too me looked as though he went late. You know when a striker is on their heels and can’t quite get in the end of a run. Felt like one of those to me. I wouldn’t have said it would be a wonder save a good one yes. Id imagine hes a bit frustrated with himself. However I wouldn’t blame him at all for the goal. The defence was all at sea and horrendously caught out. The boy had acres of room. Id imagine with that amount of room Craig probably expected him to come in on goal a bit too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, kila said:

 

I thought the story was Lennon wouldn't let him leave...

 

Circus act is how you describe Stendel, but what about Levein? 

 

Lennon wouldn’t let him leave. That was what I was told too. Very glad he has come back though. I don’t think there are two better keepers in Scotland than McGregor and Gordon and we are lucky to have him. 
 

we would not be in the Championship if he had come in last January. That I have no doubt about

Link to post
Share on other sites
Bongo 1874
3 hours ago, kila said:

 

I thought the story was Lennon wouldn't let him leave...

 

Circus act is how you describe Stendel, but what about Levein? 

 

Correct 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
Tom Hardy’s Dug

Even with the shitest shitbag team of shitebags last season, had Gordon been in goals we’d have stayed up. Stendel would have had the summer to build a team of his own choosing and...

 

Ach well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Big Moysey

It must be difficult to stand doing nothing for most games then suddenly be called into action. He hardly touches the ball some games. That said he's certainly earned his corn when he is involved. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, kila said:

 

I thought the story was Lennon wouldn't let him leave...

 

Circus act is how you describe Stendel, but what about Levein? 

 


It was nothing to do with Lennon at all. It was Lawwell. Craig was desperate to come but we made a half-hearted approach 2 days before the deadline. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
JimmyCant
17 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Hate to be negative but could he have done better with the goal yesterday?

 

Best keeper we’ve had since Craig Gordon. 👍

Nah. Boys hit it pretty well at pace and far enough away from Craig. Wouldn’t have been a surprise for him to save it, he’s that good, but no blame on him for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
9 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Nah. Boys hit it pretty well at pace and far enough away from Craig. Wouldn’t have been a surprise for him to save it, he’s that good, but no blame on him for me.

I think you are right. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
ScandinavianJambo
On 21/02/2021 at 16:57, Kyle1874 said:

Where would we be in the league if we only had last seasons keepers ? 

100%.he should wear the captains arm and all the time! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Malinga the Swinga
34 minutes ago, ScandinavianJambo said:

100%.he should wear the captains arm and all the time! 

Might prove difficult for him to get kit on if he has to wear Naismiths arm at all times. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/02/2021 at 16:21, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Top top quality Goalkeeper and we very lucky to have him

 

Yeah, considering the dross that lines up in front of him? 🤔

Link to post
Share on other sites
ScandinavianJambo
On 22/02/2021 at 19:19, Malinga the Swinga said:

Might prove difficult for him to get kit on if he has to wear Naismiths arm at all times. 

Yes that is right. Might prove helpful to have an extra arm when guarding the goal though 😁

Link to post
Share on other sites

Fantastic 'keeper.

 

There's upgrades, then there's "The Silhouette"/Zlamal to CG. 

 

Quite a leap and what a difference it's made to us.

 

There were many on here who didn't want him back.

 

:4_1_72:

 

"He's tainted, too Celticky, one of them now, past it..."

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
32 minutes ago, martoon said:

Fantastic 'keeper.

 

There's upgrades, then there's "The Silhouette"/Zlamal to CG. 

 

Quite a leap and what a difference it's made to us.

 

There were many on here who didn't want him back.

 

:4_1_72:

 

"He's tainted, too Celticky, one of them now, past it..."

 

Gone quiet on that front. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
jambonian
2 hours ago, martoon said:

Fantastic 'keeper.

 

There's upgrades, then there's "The Silhouette"/Zlamal to CG. 

 

Quite a leap and what a difference it's made to us.

 

There were many on here who didn't want him back.

 

:4_1_72:

 

"He's tainted, too Celticky, one of them now, past it..."

 

 

When he first came back, i thought he would be playing this season and then taking over as goalkeeping coach from that erse we have at the moment. A goalie that wandered about club to club in his career but was never really thought of as top quality. The coaching of Zlamal, Doyle & Pereira couldn't have been up to much if we couldn't make a decent goalie out of the three of them and who should've walked with McPhee, Daly and the rest of them. I still think Gordon will become our goalie coach for years to come once he's had enough. It wouldn't surprise me if that was partly the reason he decided to come back to Hearts. Apart from celebrating against Hearts, saving a penalty against Hearts at Tynecastle and celebrating some more, as well as regularly slowing play down to waste time, he's still been one of the better goalies we've been lucky to have. And a great £9m quid in the back for him in 2007. 

Edited by jambonian
Link to post
Share on other sites
Robbo-Jambo
On 22/02/2021 at 18:42, ScandinavianJambo said:

100%.he should wear the captains arm and all the time! 

Not normally a fan of the goalie being captain but no doubt at all that Craig Gordon should be wearing the armband every week for HMFC. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Liked his interview last night, he was pissed and didn’t hide it

He really should be able to pass on so much to other players about professionalism and good habits on and off the pitch. He should be able to tell Neilson what is just not good enough.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...