Robbie poll February 2021 (not the latest poll)

GinRummy

Robbie poll  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. Should he go.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• mitch41

• NANOJAMBO

Dusk_Till_Dawn
23 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Wish you meant that 😐😐

Weed out the critics, establish totally subservience to the dear leader.

We should oppose the student flats plan and turn the high school into a death camp for dissenters.

14 hours ago, smiler said:

I couldn't be arsed reading it, as I skimmed past it looked a bit Lawsonesque. 

Fair point but it was passionate and not like a summery of the Nobel peace prize. 

4 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Weed out the critics, establish totally subservience to the dear leader.

We should oppose the student flats plan and turn the high school into a death camp for dissenters.

You've heard something?

2 hours ago, Riccarton3 said:

You've heard something?

The OUT Neilson fans will eventually be proved right, which unfortunately means Hearts are going to be playing more games that will make us cringe.

2 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

The OUT Neilson fans will eventually be proved right, which unfortunately means Hearts are going to be playing more games that will make us cringe.

Only Burley managed not to play a game that made us cringe. And he only lasted 3 months and had the best squad for 60 years. 

7 hours ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

You've got to remember this is not all Robbie's team, he has maybe not got the best in yet as money has been tight over this season.

He at least needs more time to assemble a squad for the Premiership and see how it goes.

Jumping on the get him out bandwagon seems churlish at a time when we are 11 points in front of our nearest challenger in 2nd place?

What must other team managers in this league be thinking?

We're not very good?

Just now, davemclaren said:

Only Burley managed not to play a game that made us cringe. And he only lasted 3 months and had the best squad for 60 years. 

And Romanov sacked him for a non-football reason. A non disclosure was signed.

8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

You too young to remember Jim Jeffries first stint then? Part of his second stint too.

kingantti1874
10 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

yep. Sad fact is we would’ve be able to afford a single player anywhere near the quality of anyone in that team

1 minute ago, Four faces said:

You too young to remember Jim Jeffries first stint then? Part of his second stint too.

Hi gave us some cringeworthy matches as well as a glorious first trophy in 36 years. 

Just now, davemclaren said:

Hi gave us some cringeworthy matches as well as a glorious first trophy in 36 years. 

Not the season we won the cup surely. We played some great stuff for the majority. Wiped the floor with most sides more than once.

Hackney Hearts
7 minutes ago, Four faces said:

You too young to remember Jim Jeffries first stint then? 

There are several, but this one springs to mind:

Sat 23 Mar 1996 15:00
Hearts 2 Partick Thistle 5 
Premier League, Tynecastle Park Edinburgh 

Burley's short reign was chosen for a reason - every other manager has had plenty of cringeworthy games.

5 minutes ago, Four faces said:

Not the season we won the cup surely. We played some great stuff for the majority. Wiped the floor with most sides more than once.

I was talking about over their Hearts careers but we did get knocked out the league cup by Dunfermline that season, if I was  being picky. 😎

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

I was talking about over their Hearts careers but we did get knocked out the league cup by Dunfermline that season, if I was  being picky. 😎

See what you mean now.

Hackney Hearts
5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

but we did get knocked out the league cup by Dunfermline that season, if I was  being picky. 😎

...having just lost to them in the league a couple of weeks previously, I think?

3 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

There are several, but this one springs to mind:

Sat 23 Mar 1996 15:00
Hearts 2 Partick Thistle 5 
Premier League, Tynecastle Park Edinburgh 

Burley's short reign was chosen for a reason - every other manager has had plenty of cringeworthy games.

What? That was a great match😗 only jesting.See the broader context now.

14 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Still breaks my heart. 

I was in the Edmonstone Inn, Danderhall with the Craigmillar Hearts when it came on Sky Sports News that George Burley had left Hearts. It honestly felt like there had been a death in the family, we were all in shock. And then it was WHY ?

The Grim Reaper
13 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I was in the Edmonstone Inn, Danderhall with the Craigmillar Hearts when it came on Sky Sports News that George Burley had left Hearts. It honestly felt like there had been a death in the family, we were all in shock. And then it was WHY ?

I went into denial and refused to believe it. Terrible day. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

I went into denial and refused to believe it. Terrible day. 

The thing was, it had been coming. So many rumours (as unbelievable as they felt) so it wasn’t a total surprise. But I remember thinking we’d blown the biggest opportunity ever.

14 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Yeah, over the radio. I think there were a good number of my  family at home when it broke. Stunned silence. I think Foulkes was on. Grave tones

been here before
49 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Of course they will, no manager has went on forever.

I want the next manager out too and the one after that. Ill eventually be proven right, just wait and see.

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

What this breaks down into is there’s Hearts fans who want Hearts to lose so they can be proven right. If Neilson doesn’t win this league he’ll be sacked (or should be) if/when we win league Neilson will lead us into the prem. So if there’s fans out there who are so desperate for his removal which will only happen if we lose football matches by definition they are actively hoping for defeats to prove themselves correct and see him gone.

That really sticks in my throat, through thick and thin we support Hearts I want them to win every game we play, if we don’t then yes by all means bin the manager. If it’s someone’s sole goal is to be proven right then honestly they’re no fan.

18 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

What this breaks down into is there’s Hearts fans who want Hearts to lose so they can be proven right. If Neilson doesn’t win this league he’ll be sacked (or should be) if/when we win league Neilson will lead us into the prem. So if there’s fans out there who are so desperate for his removal which will only happen if we lose football matches by definition they are actively hoping for defeats to prove themselves correct and see him gone.

That really sticks in my throat, through thick and thin we support Hearts I want them to win every game we play, if we don’t then yes by all means bin the manager. If it’s someone’s sole goal is to be proven right then honestly they’re no fan.

I doubt anyone's "sole goal" is to be proven right by seeing Hearts lose, there is nothing wrong with wanting the best for the club and Robbie Neilson never does himself any favours in showing that he is the right man to provide that and take the club to the next level.

Those who want him out don't want Hearts to lose, far from it, in fact if that's what they wanted they wouldn't be so vocal about wanting him replaced.

The Wrinkly Ninja
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Were you not at Livingston in the cup?

The rest of it holds though.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
46 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

This isn’t it man. It’s not about wanting to lose so Neilson goes. It’s the strong suspicion that he won’t do well long term and will go anyway, with the club wasting yet more time in the process.

This is a kick-the-can-down-the-road appointment. We can’t fail to win this league so Neilson is safe for that long. But honestly, he’s got no long-term potential.

9 hours ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

You've got to remember this is not all Robbie's team, he has maybe not got the best in yet as money has been tight over this season.

He at least needs more time to assemble a squad for the Premiership and see how it goes.

Jumping on the get him out bandwagon seems churlish at a time when we are 11 points in front of our nearest challenger in 2nd place?

What must other team managers in this league be thinking?

Other Managers think "Lets keep them out for 30 miniutes then they will run out of ideas"

As for the best in yet how many wingers need to sign to get one who can beat a Defender?

Why start the game as if you are scared of the oppossition? You would think it is rangers and celtic we are playing not Morton, Q of S, Dundee and Dunfermline....

He is clueless imo. I understand others think he needs more time. With Budge - he will get it....

1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

Jesus wept. 

You really are just making it up. 

11 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Jesus wept. 

You really are just making it up. 

Nope I’m not, there’s also fans with so much hatred for Neilson they’d happily see Hearts lose to run him out the job.

Opinions on this forum become so polarised that’s it’s either Neilson in or out when the reality is you can criticise without wanting him instantly removed, likewise praise him but still want him to do better in games. With such polarised opinions posters strive to be right as such Hearts losing leading to Neilsons sacking will give them a wee online stauner and a chance to gloat, it’s sad behaviour.

51 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

This isn’t it man. It’s not about wanting to lose so Neilson goes. It’s the strong suspicion that he won’t do well long term and will go anyway, with the club wasting yet more time in the process.

This is a kick-the-can-down-the-road appointment. We can’t fail to win this league so Neilson is safe for that long. But honestly, he’s got no long-term potential.

Exactly, the instance that "Neilson's only objective this season is to win the league" is a ridiculous argument.

For me winning the league is just 1 deliverable that must be achieved on the way to fulfilling the objective for this season. The objective for the season should be to finish the season with a team ready to compete at the top end of the Premiership, in order to have achieved that we need to win the league but we should also be playing football in such a way that we are convincingly tucking away teams like Alloa, Arbroath, Greenock Morton, Dundee, etc. home and away regularly. Yes there will always be the odd week/game where we struggle but those performances should be few and far between rather than the overriding norm. We should be pushing on and be a high with some good football, good results, ideally a good run of form/results and a general feel good factor around the club ready for a charge next season.

What is the point in wasting this full season simply because we look like we'll coast our way to the absolute bear minimum requirement of winning the title? We need to be aiming higher than that and be preparing for the future rather than just sitting pretty doing as little as is required to scrape passed the 9 teams we keep declaring we shouldn't even be in the same league as.

19 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Nope I’m not, there’s also fans with so much hatred for Neilson they’d happily see Hearts lose to run him out the job.

Opinions on this forum become so polarised that’s it’s either Neilson in or out when the reality is you can criticise without wanting him instantly removed, likewise praise him but still want him to do better in games. With such polarised opinions posters strive to be right as such Hearts losing leading to Neilsons sacking will give them a wee online stauner and a chance to gloat, it’s sad behaviour.

There's been a lot of the things you talk about in the thread. Have you read it?

28 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

You're so obsessed with this you just make stuff up to fit your narrative. 

45 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

What i see on match threads is ,if we playing well  a lot of posters make no comments or give praise even when we score but as soon as we concede they jump right in with feck off  robbie and gtf  its like they are just waiting for a mistake to get made and if we score again  they go silent

5 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

It’s not 100% his team but it is 100% his tactics. 

This is what he does. Boring sideways football, worrying about the opposition rather than let them worry about us. 

I like Robbie and really want his to succeed. I just know he won’t as he simply cannot change. 

The free flowing football of the first half of 2014/15 season was the exception rather than the rule unfortunately. 

Most of us do mate but some just lose their shit too easy

7 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

What i see on match threads is ,if we playing well  a lot of posters make no comments or give praise even when we score but as soon as we concede they jump right in with feck off  robbie and gtf  its like they are just waiting for a mistake to get made and if we score again  they go silent

FFS

Baws

GTF

Feck off

WTF

SHITE

Called it

He should never have been brought back. It was purely a crowd pleaser...well some of the crowd and never related to his abilites as a coach which it should have been.  pathetic really and no im not a phoddle dick just think he has no right managing our team now.  May as well keep him to end of season and hope we get promoted but after that goodnight Vienna

2 hours ago, FTH said:

Exactly, the instance that "Neilson's only objective this season is to win the league" is a ridiculous argument.

For me winning the league is just 1 deliverable that must be achieved on the way to fulfilling the objective for this season. The objective for the season should be to finish the season with a team ready to compete at the top end of the Premiership, in order to have achieved that we need to win the league but we should also be playing football in such a way that we are convincingly tucking away teams like Alloa, Arbroath, Greenock Morton, Dundee, etc. home and away regularly. Yes there will always be the odd week/game where we struggle but those performances should be few and far between rather than the overriding norm. We should be pushing on and be a high with some good football, good results, ideally a good run of form/results and a general feel good factor around the club ready for a charge next season.

What is the point in wasting this full season simply because we look like we'll coast our way to the absolute bear minimum requirement of winning the title? We need to be aiming higher than that and be preparing for the future rather than just sitting pretty doing as little as is required to scrape passed the 9 teams we keep declaring we shouldn't even be in the same league as.

Nice 👍🏻 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, FTH said:

You don't know how his team will perform in the top flight next season tho, so you can't use what 17% of folk think against him now? 

Ridiculous train of thought. 

17% is rather low considering the noise they make. 

What's sadder is that 17% won't change, no matter what happens and that 17% was the same before a ball was kicked this season.

Who wears the blinkers ?

Edited by Bull's-eye

3 hours ago, FTH said:

I agree that winning the league should be taken as nothing much of an achievement.

However building a team capable of competing at the 'top end' of the league, when you've got massive budget constraints is fanciful.  Yes he should be planning for next season, but he's not going to be able to attract all the players he wants to do that just now.

I'm not overly fussed about Robbie either way.  I don't love the football, but it's nowhere near as bad as many claim and he's clearly a decent manager.  I don't think he'll get much leeway next season to prove he's capable of being more than that, but I hope he does.

1 hour ago, Bull's-eye said:

17% is rather low considering the noise they make. 

What's sadder is that 17% won't change, no matter what happens and that 17% was the same before a ball was kicked this season.

Who wears the blinkers ?

Hearts average crowd - 17,000 of which 169 are known to want Robbie out , now.

I think he can sleep safely for a while yet. 

26 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Hearts average crowd - 17,000 of which 169 are known to want Robbie out , now.

I think he can sleep safely for a while yet. 

Just wondering how many of those 135 (correct as at 00:57) actually attend in any case. 🤔

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Robbie poll February 2021 (not the latest poll)