ryan-stevenson

wattie exploited

12 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

Good interview with Ryan Stevenson     

I always thought he put a shift in when he was at hearts        

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/ryan-stevenson-makes-post-hearts-19849559

Another player that just got us. Brought up as an Ayr Utd supporter, but loves the club and loved his time with us.

What he lacked in ability he more than made up with in fight and desire.

Got great memories of Stevo 👏👏👏

2 minutes ago, livi said:

Great memories. I'm sure he was booked by the Ref for running to the Hearts supporters. 😍

Indeed he was.  Obviously disrespectful to Hibs fans, running towards his own supporters.

Edited by Haken

4 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

He should have walked off hampden pitch with a winners medal. His performance that day was sullied by his teammates. 

That absolute plank of wood John Sutton in particular.

4 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

He should have walked off hampden pitch with a winners medal. His performance that day was sullied by his teammates. 

Absolutely. It was Steveo V St Mirren that day. Always liked him as a player as he gave everything. If there was a way of installing his hard work and determination into all our players these days we would be unstoppable! 

24 minutes ago, Boof said:

Like this? 

Any excuse :D 

Unbelievable! Unbelievable! 

The video is awesome. Robbo’s love so strong he has to help orchestrate, the sheer arrogance from Stevo and the roar from the maroon end. 

This Heart still beats! 

6 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

He was absolutely outstanding that day. Left the stadium absolutely gutted but even more gutted for him that he didn’t get a winners medal.

It was one man Vs 11 that day  - unreal - never watched the game back and never will 

Really good player for us. 

He looked genuinely angry and disappointed with our performance last week on the TV. 

His comments were bang on right as well. 

Could do with a few more with an attitude like him. 

I always thought he was pretty under-rated in terms of his skill.  I recall a backheel down in the Gorgie / Wheatield corner where he left his man for dead and had a dig at goal which came pretty close.

I liked the way he played.  If he'd had any sort of pace I think he'd have played with us for a lot longer.  Definitely one of those players who is now a Jambo for life, same as wee Mickey and McCann.

Just now, Robbo-Jambo said:

😅 Just casually walks away with a wee smug look. 

😂 completely done the p...k 

I loved the story about him and the refs. An article where he said he always called them by their first name rather than just ref. (On the pitch)

His thinking was he could get away with making a few more bad tackles but they would think he was always respectful toward them so would be more leniently something happened 💥☠️

3 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

😂 completely done the p...k 

I loved the story about him and the refs. An article where he said he always called them by their first name rather than just ref. (On the pitch)

His thinking was he could get away with making a few more bad tackles but they would think he was always respectful toward them so would be more leniently something happened 💥☠️

vinnie jones used to do that, he would find out if the ref had kids/wife name etc and before the match iirc would say something like how is mary? just to get a bit of leeway when he went through someone in the first minute

3 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

vinnie jones used to do that, he would find out if the ref had kids/wife name etc and before the match iirc would say something like how is mary? just to get a bit of leeway when he went through someone in the first minute

Anything to even get just the smallest of advantages 😀

1 hour ago, Hearts1975 said:

Another player that just got us. Brought up as an Ayr Utd supporter, but loves the club and loved his time with us.

What he lacked in ability he more than made up with in fight and desire.

Got great memories of Stevo 👏👏👏

Don't think he lacked much in ability at all ?

No pace but he was an excellent footballer with great attitude

Just now, johnthomas said:

Don't think he lacked much in ability at all ?

No pace but he was an excellent footballer with great attitude

It was his graft, work rate, heart, desire and application on the pitch that made him standout as the player he was imo.

Anything that he did lack ability wise he more than made up for with these other attributes. That’s what I was getting at. 

Theres a fair question to be asked why we got rid of him and Jamie MacDonald. Absolute rocks through that difficult period. Shame neither got the chance to get us promoted again. 

A Shoreditch Heart
38 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

He looked genuinely angry and disappointed with our performance last week on the TV. 

yeah, always liked him as a player and thought he was a really good pundit on Friday night - came across very well.

53 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

He was absolutely tremendous that day, he showed how much he wanted it and if his team mates showed a fraction of his effort we would've won that game easily. 

I was gutted for him.

I don't really get the "lacked ability" comments either. He had plenty of ability IMO.

Elite level fitness and pace were what he lacked. Always looked exhausted in the first half.

His body couldn't do the things his footballing brain wanted. He always had plenty of ideas with what to do when in possession.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Thought his comments were OTT and was proved right when I watched the game back again. 

Still not forgiven him for losing possession cheaply at the end 2014 semi allowing 9 man ICT the ball and equalise.

Generally one of the best pound for pound signings we made, twice over.  Do like him 

Edited by Sir Gio

Craig Herbertson
5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Thought his comments were OTT and was proved right when I watched the game back again. 

Still not forgiven him for losing possession cheaply at the end 2014 semi allowing 9 man ICT the ball and equalise.

Generally one of the best pound for pound signings we made, twice over.  Do like him 

1 hour ago, OTT said:

Theres a fair question to be asked why we got rid of him and Jamie MacDonald. Absolute rocks through that difficult period. Shame neither got the chance to get us promoted again. 

He turned us down, asked him to stay but on less money so he left 

3 minutes ago, biffy said:

He turned us down, asked him to stay but on less money so he left 

So he went to Partick Thistle? 

Sounds more like we didn't want him so made a shite offer knowing he'd turn it down. Daft, because he'd have been a great asset. 

1 hour ago, Hearts1975 said:

It was his graft, work rate, heart, desire and application on the pitch that made him standout as the player he was imo.

Anything that he did lack ability wise he more than made up for with these other attributes. That’s what I was getting at. 

We're probably saying the same thing .

Remember first game [sub at Tynecastle?] . Looked , understandably , a bit off the pace but thought immediately there was a footballer there [and I'm no expert]

Malinga the Swinga

Had a mare at end of ICT semi, had a stormer in final against ST Liedown. 

Overall, positives easily outweigh negatives with Ryan and he would always be welcome at Tynecastle. 

Always tried to be at the heart of all the good things.

I don’t know why, but I always remember a game at Tynie v ICT in JJs second spell, during winter and it ended 1-1.  We were on a very good run of results and Stevenson was everywhere as we pummelled them in the second half. We just couldn’t get the winner. 

The desire was there to keep the winning run going and he was a big part of that. He was a leader in those times.  

2 hours ago, milky_26 said:

John Fashanu too: saw him admit that in a TV interview ages ago. As a result, it'd sometimes happen that if one of his team-mates was getting a bit out of hand (Vinnie Jones maybe? :whistling:), the ref would ask Fashanu to have a word with them instead of doing so themselves. JF would duly oblige, go up to the offending player, wag his finger at them and seem to give them a bollocking. What he was actually saying was: "Great stuff - keep it up - hit him harder next time, etc., etc...".   :)

Mind when he left the first time and we weren’t happy with him cause of his comments about car payments, came back and done us a really good turn though did Ryan.

5 hours ago, OTT said:

We signed Neil Alexander that summer which was an upgrade on MacDonald at that time.  Maybe Levein had some influence in letting Ryan Stevenson go.  

Tom Hardy’s Dug
11 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

He was kind of right but he may have been influenced by feeling hard done by because he didn’t stay when Robbie came in.

9 hours ago, OTT said:

Sounds more like we didn't want him so made a shite offer knowing he'd turn it down. Daft, because he'd have been a great asset. 

Why would we have done that??

13 hours ago, john thomas said:

We're probably saying the same thing .

Remember first game [sub at Tynecastle?] . Looked , understandably , a bit off the pace but thought immediately there was a footballer there [and I'm no expert]

I think so. I guess his mental characteristics defined him as a player (for me) - He did have a footballing brain, would agree with you there 

11 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

He was kind of right but he may have been influenced by feeling hard done by because he didn’t stay when Robbie came in.

Why would we have done that??

My view is that Levein wanted a clean slate regarding any senior players so got rid. 

I'm sure if Stevo is ever asked in an interview about the reasons given for him being let go/not renewed he'll be able to shed light on it. 

wattie exploited
On 17/02/2021 at 10:57, Hector Riva said:

We need a Stevo. Gave his all 100%.

could  do will a right few more like him !!!!!!!!:rifle:

1 hour ago, OTT said:

My view is that Levein wanted a clean slate regarding any senior players so got rid. 

I'm sure if Stevo is ever asked in an interview about the reasons given for him being let go/not renewed he'll be able to shed light on it. 

Would be a good one for one of the podcasts to get in for a chat

wattie exploited
On 17/02/2021 at 12:11, OTT said:

he  now regrets leaving hearts and going to Patrick thistle :rifle:

ToadKiller Dog

If he hadn't come back to us the second time ,would likely still be known as Tiny Tears up there with Paul Ritchie and Elvis on the popular explayer list .

I know I was just a bit angry at that time ,but his attitude on effort on return calmed that  .

His resigning was a good decision  .

Seems to be a good pundit aswell ,funny how the ones who hold no strong ugly sister connection seem to make the best pundits.