• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kalamazoo Jambo

• willie wallace

• TyphoonJambo

• Ray Gin

I was Buzzbomb in earlier versions of Kickback when it was run by the club but when it reincarnated that username was taken.

I think drink had been taken but I remember being exasperated trying to sign up to the new version as all the alternative usernames I came up with were taken and felt happy I had secured Jambo1874.

Next morning I noticed the typo.

Never bothered changing it.

c'est la vie

My family have stayed in the same village on the North West Coast of Scotland for holidays the last 40 years Theres only a few houses in the village Another family who often holidayed theres Dad was also called John so the local people called him EagleJohn as his pastime was spent watching Eagles I got called OtterJohn as my time up there is spent watching Otters .When people up there in the villages shared the same name instead of using their surname they would get the title of their job so there could be a Willie The Post and a Willie The Boat

I've just read my Post back to myself and there's a good chance its the most boring Post anyones put on Kickback SORRY

Kalamazoo Jambo
1 hour ago, otterjohn said:

My family have stayed in the same village on the North West Coast of Scotland for holidays the last 40 years Theres only a few houses in the village Another family who often holidayed theres Dad was also called John so the local people called him EagleJohn as his pastime was spent watching Eagles I got called OtterJohn as my time up there is spent watching Otters .When people up there in the villages shared the same name instead of using their surname they would get the title of their job so there could be a Willie The Post and a Willie The Boat

I've just read my Post back to myself and there's a good chance its the most boring Post anyones put on Kickback SORRY

You never saw the count to a million thread, obviously :laugh:

Otters are cool, BTW.

A  hurried, acute sense of writers block, laziness.   I thought I might change it later if something came to mind.   Nothing has since came to mind or even been considered.   Hopefully something inspires me later.   

Edited by HMFC01

Self explanatory.

Whats that skip? You’re a jambo same same?

xvS7e_.gif

Edited by Aussie Jambo
Skips got big nails.

Maroon Sailor
16 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Aye,I wish I was that clever🤣🥴

I always have you as TypoJambo

And he’s not praying!

April 1986. Robbo had just rounded Thomson and slotted away our 3rd goal of the game.

Archie Macpherson, commenting on the game said the well known words ‘he took about half an hour to do it but he did it’

That was too long for a username so I went with ‘And he’s not praying’, the line he used shortly after the aforementioned.

22 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Worked on a Typhoon sqn and part of the development team but was smashed when I registered and misspelt it.

I’ve never noticed!! And now I can’t get away from it. Bevvy is great. 

Fancied a change from my original name of Harryp (my actual nickname) and was looking for new bike at the time and came across a new brand at the time called Ribble bikes. Then couldn't change it back as a newish poster had appeared as Harry Potter so didn't want the confusion.

2 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Just a pun on spellcheck... I did enjoy the slight relevance whilst we had Rudy though!

And where did you get the Avatar, always thought that was class.

I was a right Trekker in my first job when I was a daft wee laddie.  My School nickname was Captain.  One day, my first boss changed the nickname to Captain's log, stardate,  and that soon got trimmed down cos it was a bit of a mouthful.

1 hour ago, Captain Slog said:

And where did you get the Avatar, always thought that was class.

Similar laziness. I just Google-imaged "most beautiful woman in the World" Haha

5 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Just a pun on spellcheck... I did enjoy the slight relevance whilst we had Rudy though!

I remember someone having a wee go at you, maybe two or three years back, about what he perceived to be a wrong spelling of ‘check’.

You soon put him in his place!  😀👍

8 hours ago, Spellczech said:

who is your pic? always been curious.

A Boy Named Crow

I decided to change my name from jamboN1874 to this ^ years ago. I'd just read Kafka On The Shore, and a disembodied, not really the there voice seemed appropriate for an internet message board. 

Can't be arsed changing it to something less pretentious now.

Seymour M Hersh

I had recently finished reading the "Dark Side of Camelot" by SMH an investigative journalist from Chicago. A book about the not so shiny and bright side of the Kennedy clan. 

I might look at changing it sometime but I'm not sure a. if you still can or b. how to do it. 

Used to play one of those online games where you're in a clan or alliance to chat up American bursd. Was called Skacel but through a combination of being leathered and autocorrect it became smack so I stuck with it. Also a deep love of opioids.

Remnants of Standards

Only Euro trip away has been in Bordeaux but after vlad came in I used first half of the principal policy making committee of the Russian communist party The Politburo. 

Yes I know he's from Lithuania. 

Edited by Politbordeaux

On 06/02/2021 at 20:19, willie wallace said:

Panel game where one team tells a story and the other one has to guess true or false.

The Bob Mortimer stories are class.

Your wee story would fit right in there.

:lol:

Governor Tarkin
16 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

who is your pic? always been curious.

Thylane Blondeau.

Amazing to look at, but she's French so will be a huffy nightmare.

Played 5 aside with same folk every Wednesday for nearly 20 years. We moved to 7 aside at Meadowbank as the numbers grew and one week a guy brought his cousin along. He had been on the books at QotS apparently. He was ridiculously good. Strong, fast, shot like a cannon and I remember thinking if that's QotS then god knows how good professionals are.

He played a blinder so the following week I said I'd mark him for the whole game. I've always liked defending against folk who are better than me. Sure sometimes I get done badly but I always thought it made me better and ensured I ran my ass off for the full game.

Plus I've always got more satisfaction from getting that last minute tackle in and watching another player curse at not scoring than actually putting the ball in the net myself.

So second week arrives and I played amazing. Never gave the guy peace, plenty blocks and challenges and then beat him at a corner to glance a beautiful header in myself. I was pretty happy with myself.

One of my mates as we came off the pitch said I played a blinder....a Beckenbauer esque performance in his own words.

And so my football nickname was born.....albeit I probably pushed it far more than anyone else.

11 hours ago, Smack said:

Used to play one of those online games where you're in a clan or alliance to chat up American bursd. Was called Skacel but through a combination of being leathered and autocorrect it became smack so I stuck with it. Also a deep love of opioids.

🤣I met the future Mrs Captain Slog that way, American bursd are dangerous in online games.  Wasn't Achaea was it?

Fairly obvious username. Still feel he was given a hard time from the support, good defender IMO. 

Been considering a username change for a while. Just waiting for another play to pop up with something as legendary as ozturks screamer. 

10 hours ago, Captain Slog said:

🤣I met the future Mrs Captain Slog that way, American bursd are dangerous in online games.  Wasn't Achaea was it?

It wasn't that game, can't remember the name but I'd know it if someone said it. It was kind of a rip off game of thrones. 

Quite a few folk got into relationships off the back of those games, I was still with the ex wife at the time so was just doing a crafty bit of virtual playing away from home. Some of the stuff that happened was fantastic. One lad from America was making a few moves on my 'squeeze'(?🤷🏻‍♂️) but he disappeared for about a week. We all knew each others real names and that, so back he comes saying he'd been shot up by the cops. I smelt shite and made my move to discredit him, only for every single bit of his story to check out completely... I became the villain of the piece 😂 Had a couple of reserve bursds on other servers so wasn't that big a problem, although I did quite like that one.

Anyway, nice to hear a success story, hope you and Mrs Slog live long and prosper!