What made you pick yer user name ??

haveyouheard1874

Governor Tarkin
54 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Worked on a Typhoon sqn and part of the development team but was smashed when I registered and misspelt it.

In all the years I've never actually noticed that! 

:lol:

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kalamazoo Jambo

• willie wallace

• TyphoonJambo

• Captain Slog

Shanks said no

I was bored with my original name and had loved Berra the first time round. Remembered he was called the Frenchman on Soccer AM crossbar challenge when at Wolves.

38 minutes ago, andythejambo said:

Each to there own, but having owned both, I found my Puma King SPA to be just a little better. The heel and stud pads made them very comfortable. £90 a pair in 1986, bought by wife, for my birthday. Much better looking than these garish plastic things they wear these days. Mine eventually retired in 2008, after 22 years😟

download.jpeg

Great choice Andy. Top boots!

I must admit to loving puma kings as well. I own both copas and kings. 

I have done over many, many years. For me though. Copas are comfier and wear better. My current pair I've had for over 11 years. Wont part with them.

Nothing like a classic pair of boots!

2 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Worked on a Typhoon sqn and part of the development team but was smashed when I registered and misspelt it.

Thats weird. I've always read your username as TyphoonJambo and hadn't even noticed it was missing an H.

willie wallace

Boyhood hero.Scored a last minute equalizer at Tynie against a Rangers team including Jim Baxter.

10 year old jumping about in the shed like we had just won the cup😃

Kalamazoo Jambo

“Kalamazoo” because I’ve lived in Kalamazoo, Michigan since 2001 (joined JKB in 2004) and “Jambo” because I’m not a proper Hearts fan.

Kalamazoo Jambo
2 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Nope. It’s actually a very clever play on “gimme an H...”

1 hour ago, andythejambo said:

Each to there own, but having owned both, I found my Puma King SPA to be just a little better. The heel and stud pads made them very comfortable. £90 a pair in 1986, bought by wife, for my birthday. Much better looking than these garish plastic things they wear these days. Mine eventually retired in 2008, after 22 years😟

download.jpeg

I had the Maradona SPA version. Basically the same boot but the other colour was sky blue instead of yellow like the Argentinian national colours. Super comfy for my flat feet. 

22 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Thats weird. I've always read your username as TyphoonJambo and hadn't even noticed it was missing an H.

When reading it, I always thought that Typoon sounded like some district of Hong Kong, and that @TypoonJambo was perhaps living over there and using a subtle play on words. His explanation that he was smashed when he created his username does provide more evidence for Occam's razor. :)

Kalamazoo Jambo
2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

My love of Obua and Orbison.

I used to be ianbairdshair for obv reasons

Why the switch though?

15AE66A6-1E89-4255-AA62-3635204B2B6C.jpeg

It seems that for as long as I can remember I generally got called Sharpie, from school right through my career choices. Never until here where I asked for it it just seemed to be there.

I've had a few from Jambodave72 (old kickback) to Mr Nice to Marvin (paranoid android) to Marvin (the martian). Depends how stoned or pissed I am or simply got bored and changed it.

I used to work with a guy who'd wear a t-shirt that said "I'm big in nanotechnology". It always made me laugh and no one else in the office understood the pun.

I chose it because it was a reference to some (now gone or reinvented ) posters on here who used to hog the place during the Levein era of success. 

16 minutes ago, redjambo said:

When reading it, I always thought that Typoon sounded like some district of Hong Kong, and that @TypoonJambo was perhaps living over there and using a subtle play on words. His explanation that he was smashed when he created his username does provide more evidence for Occam's razor. :)

I just assumed he was a RAF mechanic. 🙄

I never even noticed the mis-spelling. 

1 hour ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Nope. It’s actually a very clever play on “gimme an H...”

Aye,I wish I was that clever🤣🥴

I can't actually remember. I guess I was either in a bad mood myself, or more likely I signed up specifically to take the piss out of someone who was over-the-top seething about something at the time. 

38 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Funny you mention HK. The guy's username is actually the trading name of an exotic brothel over there, established by a dyslexic.

Now I am impressed.  Good name for a knocking shop,definitely more imaginative than Singapore's "4 floors of hoares"

I remember before we went to Singapore we had a visit from the padre.  "Listen guys,when you get there,make sure you visit the 4 floors of hoares" Bloody hell,your the padre we said. "F###k that, I wasn't always a bloody padre, he replied 🤤

3 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

I’ve always read your name as ‘Typhoon’.  😔

Funny how you can look at certain words and read them as something quite different!

There a few posters who haven’t answered (yet?) who I would be interested to hear their reasons for choosing the username.

Some, of course, are self-explanatory.

7 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

You’ve become everything you hated :sob:

The only thing that makes me seethe is idiots on the Coronavirus thread, and it's fully justified. :D

willie wallace
58 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Funny you mention HK. The guy's username is actually the trading name of an exotic brothel over there, established by a dyslexic.

I take it you are a fan Would I Lie To You🙂

Kalamazoo Jambo
4 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Ha ha! Was more his Tommy fi Trainspotting do c. 1992

Yeah, remember it well. Was honestly surprised when I saw his latest look recently!

17 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Yeah, remember it well. Was honestly surprised when I saw his latest look recently!

Yeah. I still look like I did in the 90s! Honest!

Kalamazoo Jambo
1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

Yeah. I still look like I did in the 90s! Honest!

My hair is the same. The rest of me has not aged as well.

Mine is an abbreviation of the street in which I reside?............Ken!  The rest, well aren't we all on here?

Weakened Offender
7 hours ago, haveyouheard1874 said:

Love the song , so went with that  😎

Couldn't have loved it that much as its about your 50th. 

1 hour ago, argyjambo said:

Mine is an abbreviation of the street in which I reside?............Ken!  The rest, well aren't we all on here?

Unfortunately not, argy.  :sad: 

Changed from Connor1874 in around 2013-14. Inspired by our former, then gaffer, of course.

Thought about changing it many times, but seems to have stuck.

7 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Add me to the list of folk that never noticed, that’s despite me working on ECR90 for years and reading the name Typhoon on a daily basis (after they ditched the EFA designation).

32 minutes ago, Les Izemore said:

Add me to the list of folk that never noticed, that’s despite me working on ECR90 for years and reading the name Typhoon on a daily basis (after they ditched the EFA designation).

Best part of the jet. More thrust than a hibees hips on his sisters ass.

willie wallace
3 hours ago, jonesy said:

Sorry - heard of the show but never seen it. 

Panel game where one team tells a story and the other one has to guess true or false.

The Bob Mortimer stories are class.

Your wee story would fit right in there.