***Mafia: The Town Strikes Back***

iantjambo

Cant see a lot to go on yet. Day one lynch wasn't because anybody was suspected, more like Vlad wanted out and made the inappropriate post. 

Need to look at why Dunks was knocked off by the goons.  Redcat had voted Dunks so wouldn't think she is a goon as this would have brought attention.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shapes

• Tenaciousdandy

• iantjambo

• Boof

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Question for @iantjambo...or confirmation, I suppose.

For the investigations (Cop, SuperT, Spotter) what results go to them AND the town (i.e .on game thread)?

Role           PM result         Game thread

Goon             bad                 bad

Doc               good-roled     good

assassin    in it for self       in it for self

spotter           ?                            ?

SuperT          good                good

turncoat      good              good

townie          good             good

I guess what I'm asking is...how does each investigation result get reported to each investigating party? And how does that result get reported on-thread?

And a separate question...does the assassin want the assassin account activated?

1. Stuart                
2. Good Old Fashioned Scandal                
3. Alim                
4. Simo               1
5. Sean boof              
6. Yvonne                
7. Rudi redcat              
8. Shapes               1
9. Smack                
10. Riddley                 
11. Peakybunnet boof              
12. Bunny simo              
14. Seats shapes              
15. Andynic  prince              
16. Jamboross                 
17. Sheldon                
18. Dandy                
20. Redcat               1
22. Morgaro                
23. Prince               1
25. Boof               2

I will just keep vote on Smack as still nothing much to go on. I’m working tonight but will be done before 9.

Vote Smack

23 minutes ago, Boof said:

Question for @iantjambo...or confirmation, I suppose.

For the investigations (Cop, SuperT, Spotter) what results go to them AND the town (i.e .on game thread)?

Role           PM result         Game thread

Goon             bad                 bad

Doc               good-roled     good

assassin    in it for self       in it for self

spotter           ?                            ?

SuperT          good                good

turncoat      good              good

townie          good             good

I guess what I'm asking is...how does each investigation result get reported to each investigating party? And how does that result get reported on-thread?

And a separate question...does the assassin want the assassin account activated?

The cop and super townie investigations come back as good,bad or in it for themselves (assassin/spotter).

Cop investigation as always goes to the cop/mason team.

Super townie investigation goes to the super townie themselves and the cop/mason team.

Spotter investigation comes back as roled/unroled and this investigation goes to spotter/assassin team and I’ll confirm on the main thread if they found a roled or unroled player. I won’t confirm though if the roled player they find is good or bad. Not even in the pm thread.

Edited by iantjambo

Wooooo

Sincerest apologies to Yvonne and Shapes.

Absolutely no excuses for that comment but I don’t even remember typing it. Horrible day yesterday and hit it hard early. Should have stayed away.

Taking break from everything online for a month or 2 to sort myself out.

Stay safe

Wooooo

10 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Wooooo

Absolutely no excuses for that comment but I don’t even remember typing it. Horrible day yesterday and hit it hard early. Should have stayed away.

Stay safe

Wooooo

Hope you get yourself sorted Vlad.

12 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Wooooo

Stay safe

Wooooo

Fair enough Vlad. You’ve apologised and I think we can draw a line under it now.

Take care and I hope you get things sorted.

7 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

The cop and super townie investigations come back as good,bad or in it for themselves (assassin/spotter).

Super townie investigation goes to the super townie themselves and the cop/mason team.

Spotter investigation comes back as roled/unroled and this investigation goes to spotter/assassin team and I’ll confirm on the main thread if they found a roled or unroled player. I won’t confirm though if the roled player they find is good or bad. Not even in the pm thread.

Thank you - explains it all.

Now it makes me wonder about BS...

Could the Super Townie use it to let the Cop team know who they are?

I rather suspect they could which prompts the following question...should they?

Would it be better for the Cop team to know for sure someone good (AND the person they investigate) or just the result of a random investigation?

Looking at it that way - it becomes a no-brainer. If the SuperT uses BS - the Cop/mason team get 2 bits of information. Only drawback would be if the SuperT was actually investigated last night and there's already a mason below them on the thread :lol: 

And if the results come back just as good/bad...the cop wouldn't know if they'd investigated the SuperT.

Worst-case scenario is that Dunks was investigated last night leaving a 4-person trust list.

Also bad would be if the SuperT does a random investigation and finds a mason. Gives SuperT a 2-person trust list but doesn't help Cop/masons at all. Reduces SuperT kill-target by 1.

Even if the SuperT does find a goon using BS - it's actually handy for the town as the goons will have to waste a night-hit on them thereby protecting the Cop/masons for another night. And the SuperT could save themself...AND kill the known goon!

Something to consider. What think y'all?

17 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Stay safe

Keep in touch with someone - you know what we're like!

Look after yourself and feel free to drop a PM if you want a blether anytime.

Riddley Walker
11 hours ago, Simo said:

Agree it was inevitable but thats why I think there probably was at least a couple of goons on it. Was the easy option, especially for day 1 so wouldn't draw much/any real suspicion

Now I think about it, that might actually be the first lynch that hasn't gone to the deadline on day 1 that I've seen. Vlad got 12 votes (13 including Alims that came after the lynch) Seems next to impossible that all those votes were from good folk 

My goondar is becoming mildly pert in your direction.

3 minutes ago, Boof said:

Thank you - explains it all.

Now it makes me wonder about BS...

Could the Super Townie use it to let the Cop team know who they are?

I rather suspect they could which prompts the following question...should they?

Would it be better for the Cop team to know for sure someone good (AND the person they investigate) or just the result of a random investigation?

Looking at it that way - it becomes a no-brainer. If the SuperT uses BS - the Cop/mason team get 2 bits of information. Only drawback would be if the SuperT was actually investigated last night and there's already a mason below them on the thread :lol: 

And if the results come back just as good/bad...the cop wouldn't know if they'd investigated the SuperT.

Worst-case scenario is that Dunks was investigated last night leaving a 4-person trust list.

Also bad would be if the SuperT does a random investigation and finds a mason. Gives SuperT a 2-person trust list but doesn't help Cop/masons at all. Reduces SuperT kill-target by 1.

Even if the SuperT does find a goon using BS - it's actually handy for the town as the goons will have to waste a night-hit on them thereby protecting the Cop/masons for another night. And the SuperT could save themself...AND kill the known goon!

Something to consider. What think y'all?

the superT could just investigate you and then kill you when he confirms you're a goon

or 

he could just kill you and save the investigation for shapes or one of your other goon colleagues 

22 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Wooooo

Stay safe

Wooooo

Hey Vlad, take care. Its a strange world we are living in just now and sometimes people react differently. 

28 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

So Spotter/Assasin, are they a team? Do we know have 3 teams plus townies in this game? 

If so makes it very interesting. 

Dandy isn't assassin as would have shot his bullets last night. 😃

1 minute ago, jambosean75 said:

the superT could just investigate you and then kill you when he confirms you're a goon

or 

he could just kill you and save the investigation for shapes or one of your other goon colleagues 

Honestly think he's not a goon as he doesnt think about it this much when goonified 🤔

Just now, Peakybunnet said:

So Spotter/Assasin, are they a team? Do we know have 3 teams plus townies in this game? 

Yes, they are a team and can chat i believe.

2 minutes ago, jambosean75 said:

or 

I hope Simo's the SuperT and uses BS.

However...that's distracting from the question. Have you any particular reason to be distracting someone working for the town's benefit?

Question - should SuperT use BS? 

I say yes for the following reasons.

It gives the Cop/mason info about 2 people.

The likelihood of the SuperT finding a goon is slimmish.

If the SuperT finds a goon - they can kill 'em. Depending if they're still alive!

19 minutes ago, Peakybunnet said:

Assassin and spotter are working together as a team and can communicate in pm. There is a more detailed description in my OP on the first page :)

Edited by iantjambo

32 minutes ago, Boof said:

I hope Simo's the SuperT and uses BS.

However...that's distracting from the question. Have you any particular reason to be distracting someone working for the town's benefit?

Question - should SuperT use BS? 

I say yes for the following reasons.

It gives the Cop/mason info about 2 people.

The likelihood of the SuperT finding a goon is slimmish.

If the SuperT finds a goon - they can kill 'em. Depending if they're still alive!

I agree. They should definitely use BS and hope that the person below them isn't a mason or the cop. That would then allow them to save their kill for a goon (once one is known obviously)

However at least if they use BS and it does come back a mason or the cop then both would know they can add another to their trust list. 

So yes Boof, excellent idea.

5 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

I'm just a regular townie, but if i was the super townie I'd use BS.

+1 

I'm a townie but if I was the SuperT I would use BS.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Boof's suggestion does make sense, but doesn't affect me as I'm just a regular townie.

I'm just going to vote as a bit of a placeholder for now. Glad all is OK with you Peaky but you had it in for me in the last game so I'm going to return the favour this time.

Vote Peaky

1 minute ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

Boof's suggestion does make sense, but doesn't affect me as I'm just a regular townie.

I'm just going to vote as a bit of a placeholder for now. Glad all is OK with you Peaky but you had it in for me in the last game so I'm going to return the favour this time.

Vote Peaky

Lol, you and Boof both. I am not doing tit4tat votes here as want to be meaningful when the time comes. 

Tenaciousdandy
2 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

Wooooo

Stay safe

Wooooo

Hope you get yourself sorted vlad, take care 

Wooooo

Stay safe

Wooooo

Take care Vlad.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Wooooo

Stay safe

Wooooo

Hope you get yourself sorted out Vlad.

The Mafia community are here if you need us 👍

I'm floored with a sinus infection and home from work and in bed so not sure how much I'll be on today 

So I'll 

vote Sheldon

But this might change later if I'm back on 

1. Stuart riddley              
2. Good Old Fashioned Scandal                
3. Alim                
4. Simo               1
5. Sean boof              
6. Yvonne smack              
7. Rudi redcat              
8. Shapes sheldon             1
9. Smack               1
10. Riddley  seats             1
11. Peakybunnet boof             1
12. Bunny simo              
14. Seats shapes             1
15. Andynic  prince              
16. Jamboross                 
17. Sheldon peaky             1
18. Dandy                
20. Redcat               1
22. Morgaro                
23. Prince               1
25. Boof               2

Tenaciousdandy
9 minutes ago, Shapes said:

I'm floored with a sinus infection and home from work and in bed so not sure how much I'll be on today 

So I'll 

vote Sheldon

But this might change later if I'm back on 

Not to good, I used to get terrible sinus headaches, not had them in a few years now thankfully, hope your feeling better soon 

Tenaciousdandy
3 hours ago, Peakybunnet said:

Cant see a lot to go on yet. Day one lynch wasn't because anybody was suspected, more like Vlad wanted out and made the inappropriate post. 

Need to look at why Dunks was knocked off by the goons.  Redcat had voted Dunks so wouldn't think she is a goon as this would have brought attention.

Not necessarily, I voted boof last game day 1 and put forward the idea to kill him (sorry boof) 

Wooooo

Stay safe

Wooooo

Take care of yourself and make sure you do keep in touch with folk. I wasn’t offended and didn’t even vote you! 😁

Nothing much to go on at this point so I'm just going to 

Vote Morgaro

as a placeholder, since no-one else has. 

On 03/02/2021 at 09:49, iantjambo said:

Super Townie: A townie who has the ability to perform 1 kill, 1 investigation and 1 save during each night sequence. The save will be overruled by the goon superkill. The ST is considered roled while they still have a power left. Once they have used all powers they’re considered a normal townie and therefore unroled.

@iantjambo

Out of interest, can the Super Townie use their investigation during the night, get the result during the night, and if its bad, immediately kill the person as day would not have been called yet.

Or would they have to wait until the next night. 

2 hours ago, Riddley Walker said:

My goondar is becoming mildly pert in your direction.

Why? I've not even read the thread today till now... At least give me a chance to do something stupid before I get accused of being a goon 😂

I'd invest in a goondar upgrade though cause this one must be broken.

4 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

@iantjambo

Out of interest, can the Super Townie use their investigation during the night, get the result during the night, and if its bad, immediately kill the person as day would not have been called yet.

Or would they have to wait until the next night. 

They would have to wait until the following night. As all night activities are confirmed before I start giving out the results.

Edited by iantjambo

2 hours ago, Boof said:

I hope Simo's the SuperT and uses BS

Wish I was but alas I can't. I would use BS if super townie but I'm no. 

10 minutes ago, Rudi Skacel said:

Supertownie should leave their investigation till it matters more tbh. We could probably do with it in a couple days time. 

Agree with this too.

Any investigation now feels like a bit of a punt. Probably better saving it till later in the game with a narrower field to choose from and when there's more folk looking sus.