Can't watch

LeftBack

I've watched the hearts goals from last two cup finals but never seen the celtic ones from 2019 (was there) or watched penalties from this year. Was at 2013 league Cup final but never watched the highlights.  What games can you just never watch again? 

I’ve never intentionally watched any footage from Paisley on 03-05-1986. 

I’ve seen bits and bobs but I’m still not sure if I’ve seen every goal that Jim Stewart and his defence threw in that day. 

The 96 Scottish cup final, pops up on YouTube every so often. Not something I ever have an interest in seeing. Also never watched the 2013 LC back. The 7-0 humping from Celtic, the 6-2 at Easter rd. In fact pretty much any game we get humped, what enjoyment is there to watch back a defeat.

Horatio Caine
16 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

A certain game at dens 

This x 100.  The only time a football match has reduced me to tears.

58 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

A certain game at dens 

Had we had a different ref then Sandy Clark would've been awarded that pen inside 5 minutes and it would be a different thread that I'm posting in. Was appointing Bill Crombie a well known Hearts fan an early GFA conspiracy knowing any controversial decision in our favour would be scrutinized?

To add had the league been decided on the former goal average system we'd have won the league where the Killie game in 1965 had the league been decided on goal difference we'd gave won the old first division. It's tough being a Jambo sometimes.

I really struggle with the semi we lost to Rangers 4-3 in 96

We were brilliant and it broke my heart.

98 made up for it but still

9 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

I really struggle with the semi we lost to Rangers 4-3 in 96

We were brilliant and it broke my heart.

98 made up for it but still

That was the final.

I've seen highlights of all the Cup wins but never watched the full matches again. Think i've saw the Rangers one about 5 times, the Hibs one about 2 times and the Gretna one once. Never saw any of the defeated Cup Finals apart from the Rangers League Cup one, i think 2 times. 

I have all seasons on vhs & dvd since 1986. I whip them out and watch the games from a season every so often, usually in summer when the season is closed.

Didn't watch the 2019 Cup Final at all against Celtic. Was strippin wallpaper while it was on in the background.

Edited by jambonian

Hibs winning the cup

Never watched the game as was working and since then whenever the goals come on tv I turn it over

Sure this thread will make it over onto hibs net shortly 

2 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

I’ve never intentionally watched any footage from Paisley on 03-05-1986. 

I’ve seen bits and bobs but I’m still not sure if I’ve seen every goal that Jim Stewart and his defence threw in that day. 

I’m the same. In fact that year doesn’t exist. I hate posters that have that year in their name. I’ll forever hate St Mirren and Celtic. And I wish nothing but the worst for Albert Kidd and generations of his family. 

iwasthere1954
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Any loss to Hibs 

Fortunately that doesn't happen often. Just think how many games the hibbies can't watch.

17 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I’m the same. In fact that year doesn’t exist. I hate posters that have that year in their name. I’ll forever hate St Mirren and Celtic. And I wish nothing but the worst for Albert Kidd and generations of his family. 

Steady on there! 

I still ache at what happened. I still remember though, that all we had to do was draw! It was in our own hands. 

I hope your last sentence is tongue-in-cheek? Lets hope so. Too much hatred out there.

Edited by MCW1976
Spelling error.

10 minutes ago, iwasthere1954 said:

Fortunately that doesn't happen often. Just think how many games the hibbies can't watch.

😄

1 hour ago, Marvin said:

To add had the league been decided on the former goal average system we'd have won the league where the Killie game in 1965 had the league been decided on goal difference we'd gave won the old first division. It's tough being a Jambo sometimes.

Indeed, but that's what makes us strong.  I'd hate to be Celtic supporter brought up on perpetual success.......until now........take your medicine!

2 hours ago, Horatio Caine said:

This x 100.  The only time a football match has reduced me to tears.

Twice. That and Hearts 0 Killie 2 back in the day. 

That Millennium horror show and 6-2. 

I was at the former and, to this day, I've never seen the goals again. The former I watched on telly. At half time I knew we were going to get pumped (this will end up 4 or 5-1 were my words) and turned it over. Needless to say, I never have seen that 2nd half or it's goals. Not even Colin Cameron's.

I can watch 0-7. I rarely do but it didn't happen on my watch, as it were. I was only 4¹/² years old at the time. while I'd love Hearts to get numerical revenge for it, and we will one day, it doesn't hurt me the way the games 20 years ago do.

Probably seen the Dens 86 goals once since the game itself and that was plenty.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
38 minutes ago, iwasthere1954 said:

Very true  :)

Strawberry Jam

One that I can’t watch is the Scottish cup semi final against Celtic in 1988. One nil up with three minutes to go. That one hurt quite a bit. Still think that we were a better team that season than in 1985-86 but too many draws in the league killed us.

Салатные палочки

The 2-2 game at Ibrox in 98. I still don't know how Albertz's free kick went in. 

Horatio Caine
40 minutes ago, davieholt said:

Twice. That and Hearts 0 Killie 2 back in the day. 

Yeah - one of my very first matches!  Alan Gordon :seething:

I generally struggle to watch highlights of games we have lost. I haven't watch the highlights of the Celtic final and don't plan to.

I've rewatched the Edwards goal of the 2019 final but turn it off after that.

The 2 finals to Celtic. Haven't watched the re-run of last months. I have watched Ryan Edwards goal a few times from 2019 but it just makes me feel shit. Such a shame, because that's up there with the best celebrations I've seen and been a part of.

Bit of a tangent, but see the 4-4 game? I don't like watching it as much if it doesn't contain the Hibs goals too. Watching those ****s celebrate as they go 4-2 up just really builds the comeback for me.

3 hours ago, Marvin said:

Had we had a different ref then Sandy Clark would've been awarded that pen inside 5 minutes and it would be a different thread that I'm posting in. Was appointing Bill Crombie a well known Hearts fan an early GFA conspiracy knowing any controversial decision in our favour would be scrutinized?

I strongly believe it was. 

4 hours ago, Baxfee said:

A certain game at dens 

Still never seen highlights to this day.

Was gobsmacked when I seen sandy Clark getting brought down, on a documentary. Sickening.

There is no many matches I would turn on and re watch I am 30 this year and supporter hearts all my life off course I have watched final v Hibs again and the 5.1 in the league on DVD but it’s not something I really do . Although I found the pens from the 06 cup final on YouTube I was there I was 14yo It took so long for the pens to start I couldn’t remember that . 

1 hour ago, Locky said:

The 2 finals to Celtic. Haven't watched the re-run of last months. I have watched Ryan Edwards goal a few times from 2019 but it just makes me feel shit. Such a shame, because that's up there with the best celebrations I've seen and been a part of.

Bit of a tangent, but see the 4-4 game? I don't like watching it as much if it doesn't contain the Hibs goals too. Watching those ****s celebrate as they go 4-2 up just really builds the comeback for me.

I realised I hadn’t seen the 4-4 game goals in years. Went and watched them on YouTube. There’s a brilliant moment where the commentator screams ‘3 points for the Hibees!’ right after they go 4-2 up. Erm, how about no?

Fort Vallance
6 hours ago, Baxfee said:

A certain game at dens 

I've watched the penalty incident a couple of times but never seen the goals. And the last two goals in 73 because I left early.

12 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

I realised I hadn’t seen the 4-4 game goals in years. Went and watched them on YouTube. There’s a brilliant moment where the commentator screams ‘3 points for the Hibees!’ right after they go 4-2 up. Erm, how about no?

David Begg's radio commentary was superb. So good it was replayed on Sportsound a few days later and used in a TV ad for Radio Scotland for about a year afterwards.

Would love to hear it again but have had no joy finding it.

I have watched the highlights(not sure that word is applicable here!) of that day at Dens Park a couple of times. Really just to see if the game was how I remember it. As you can imagine, that day is all a bit of a blur and I can only really remember a few details of what transpired between 3pm and 4.40pm that afternoon. It's a tough watch but when something traumatises you that much there is something inside you that needs to revisit it and try to come to terms with what happened. For me anyway. I can totally understand why some Hearts supporters will never ever look at that match again. 

I have never watched highlights of the following week's cup final against Aberdeen though. Don't think I ever will either. We were just so soundly beaten by Aberdeen that I can't imagine there being anything worth watching again. The whole day, the whole cup final experience, it was all just ruined by what happened the week before. We went through to that match trying to convince ourselves that we could win the cup and salvage something from that season but deep down I think we all knew it was never going to happen. The players were still in shock and so was I. It was a bit of a surreal day to be honest. I don't ever want to revisit it. There are no good memories there for me.

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Still never seen highlights to this day.

Was gobsmacked when I seen sandy Clark getting brought down, on a documentary. Sickening.

Yip, scythed down. 

We go 1-0 up.... 😭

Back from the brink highlights iirc. 

29 minutes ago, Marvin said:

My auld man reckons so.

Reckon he is right because any other referee would have given it. 

I had a great view of it where I was standing and it was a stonewaller all day long. 

Strawberry Jam
1 hour ago, No Idle Talk said:

I have watched the highlights(not sure that word is applicable here!) of that day at Dens Park a couple of times. Really just to see if the game was how I remember it. As you can imagine, that day is all a bit of a blur and I can only really remember a few details of what transpired between 3pm and 4.40pm that afternoon. It's a tough watch but when something traumatises you that much there is something inside you that needs to revisit it and try to come to terms with what happened. For me anyway. I can totally understand why some Hearts supporters will never ever look at that match again. 

I have never watched highlights of the following week's cup final against Aberdeen though. Don't think I ever will either. We were just so soundly beaten by Aberdeen that I can't imagine there being anything worth watching again. The whole day, the whole cup final experience, it was all just ruined by what happened the week before. We went through to that match trying to convince ourselves that we could win the cup and salvage something from that season but deep down I think we all knew it was never going to happen. The players were still in shock and so was I. It was a bit of a surreal day to be honest. I don't ever want to revisit it. There are no good memories there for me.

I watched the highlights of that cup final during the first lockdown (on bbc Scotland). I couldn’t believe the number of good chances we made. Even in the second half. Had never watched any of the highlights at the time but watching it back I got quite emotional. Even after all those years still think what could’ve/should’ve been.

18 minutes ago, Strawberry Jam said:

I watched the highlights of that cup final during the first lockdown (on bbc Scotland). I couldn’t believe the number of good chances we made. Even in the second half. Had never watched any of the highlights at the time but watching it back I got quite emotional. Even after all those years still think what could’ve/should’ve been.

Me too, SJ. 

Other than at Hampden on the day itself, I'd never seen anything other than their goals now and then over the years.

Maybe the pints and the disappointment but I'd forgotten how well we fought and played that day.

A sin that we came out with no tangible reward that season.