Killie want a £1m government loan to survive!

Thomaso

Just now, ollie2004 said:

They may be the first of many!

42 SPFL clubs st present I suspect Killie are not alone needing cash.

Our neighbours in Leith might also be begging!

🤣 they've already pleaded poverty. Didn't stop them signing almost an entire new team.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Footballfirst

• Pasquale for King

• JDK2020

27 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Shock horror gasp. A company takes up the offer of a loan that allows it to meet its spending needs for the immediate future.  Given the current circumstances, how many other businesses have taken the offer of business support loans, deferred tax repayments etc.

Hearts has taken up more than £1m in loans from Ann Budge over the last two years to enable the club to sign players, pay wages and bills. What's the issue when another club wants to do the same.

Hearts will have to pay the loans back. Killie and any other club taking up the SG loan offer will have to do likewise.

When an owner/controlling Director makes funds available it is usually for projects they themselves have authorised to protect/enhance their investment.  Common pracrice in business.

5 minutes ago, JDK2020 said:

Sell? When they actually released their statement that they intended to seek the loan they said that they weren't in money trouble and the manager would be getting money for players very soon! 

Mental. If I were the SG I’d be reconsidering lending money to clubs who plan to spend it on expensive player contracts or withdraw support altogether. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

Mental. If I were the SG I’d be reconsidering lending money to clubs who plan to spend it on expensive player contracts or withdraw support altogether. 

To be fair the loan offer is there for clubs to apply for or not.

I suppose as it's a loan the club is entitled to do what they wish with it provided it is paid back.

I will be surprised if other clubs don't avail themselves of the offer.

On the other hand, Celtic furloughed their youth teams only a day after their top squad came back from their £300,000 piss up in the Dubai sun. 

36 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Shock horror gasp. A company takes up the offer of a loan that allows it to meet its spending needs for the immediate future.  Given the current circumstances, how many other businesses have taken the offer of business support loans, deferred tax repayments etc.

Hearts has taken up more than £1m in loans from Ann Budge over the last two years to enable the club to sign players, pay wages and bills. What's the issue when another club wants to do the same.

Hearts will have to pay the loans back. Killie and any other club taking up the SG loan offer will have to do likewise.

Well said FF. Not much of a big story and fair enough that clubs borrow like most businesses at present given the massive reduction in income.

Are we talking about Killie taking advantage of what's on offer or are they asking for more.

If the first, fair enough.  If the second, then perhaps they should be demoted where they can reduce their overheads/player budget etc.

1 hour ago, Class of 75 said:

Couldn't carelesss. Another pub team who live off the crums of the 2 uglies 

Maybe a bit unfair on Kilmarnock, they decided against giving the cheeks an extra stand to prevent them having a competitive edge. That must have cost them a few bucks.

NaturalOrder74
2 minutes ago, JDK2020 said:

Maybe a bit unfair on Kilmarnock, they decided against giving the cheeks an extra stand to prevent them having a competitive edge. That must have cost them a few bucks.

Did that continue after Clarke ? 

33 minutes ago, JDK2020 said:

I suppose as it's a loan the club is entitled to do what they wish with it provided it is paid back.

On the other hand, Celtic furloughed their youth teams only a day after their top squad came back from their £300,000 piss up in the Dubai sun. 

That wee mad ging certainly had a good time.

1 hour ago, rory78 said:

Why should they be given money when all the Theatres Restaurants Pubs etc are on their knees 🙄

Actually, it's us (and the other 9 Champ clubs) who have been "given" money - half  a million.  Prem clubs like Killie have to apply for a loan, which then has to be repaid at some point.     

If the point you're trying to make is that all professional football clubs  should be further down the priority list for government support, then I'd agree with you.  👍

2 hours ago, copa-mundial said:

The club that give celtic and sevco three stands to help their finances. Embarrassing!

Nah. Medicine time for Killie. 

Adios. 

bang on. 100%

A pittance when you think about the benefits millions of people claim from our taxes, and a lot of them are just lazy ****ers.

If you don't ask, you don't get. 

2 hours ago, neilnunb said:

🤣 they've already pleaded poverty. Didn't stop them signing almost an entire new team.

Hope it backfires on them big time🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🏴‍☠️

Lord Beni of Gorgie

A loan that requires payment to the government is not something you would do lightly. 

If it saves jobs its a good thing, I think we may be passing Kilmarnock on the other way you know 

3 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Much like us looking for £Xm in donations from benefactors and FOH. 

The big difference is this money would come out of the public purse ie tax payers money!

Footballfirst
2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

The big difference is this money would come out of the public purse ie tax payers money!

To be repaid back to the public purse.

2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

To be repaid back to the public purse.

Maybe but it’s nothing like FoH and benefactor contributions that you suggested.

Pasquale for King

If they’re using some of it to pay Doyle good luck to them, probably would prefer a few others to go down before them. 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

We got a £500k grant from the public purse, it’s all good. 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We got a £500k grant from the public purse, it’s all good. 

Would you like Killie to also get £500k then? As for myself they and the rest of the clubs that voted us down can get fecked! Bitter? You bet!

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Would you like Killie to also get £500k then? As for myself they and the rest of the clubs that voted us down can get fecked! Bitter? You bet!

No and I’m chuffed to bits they have to  pay the money back.
I’m glad we got £500k but annoyed teams like Alloa&Arbroath get that much and Partick get £100k I think it is. 

The clubs who need a loan should consider this way of taking the money

The rate of repayment is it seems at the lower end of the scale and they have up to 5 years to pay it back

For some clubs it could be a cost effective way of doing business

I think they can look for up to £1.67 million per club in the Premiership

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Greedy Jambo said:

A pittance when you think about the benefits millions of people claim from our taxes, and a lot of them are just lazy ****ers.

If you don't ask, you don't get. 

A fraction compared to those who avoid paying tax and instruct their useful idiots like BJ to do their bidding when the EU looked to tighten the rules. Auld Liz the last being at the head of it all in the Panama papers scandal, talk about lazy scrounges. 

3 hours ago, weehammy said:

They’re missing out on giving three stands to them. This is the kind of tin-pot outfit that finished above us last season.

Exactly, couldn't agree more. 

3 hours ago, JDK2020 said:

Ah well hope it costs them in the long run. Taking their medicine now

4 hours ago, JamboAl said:

When an owner/controlling Director makes funds available it is usually for projects they themselves have authorised to protect/enhance their investment.  Common pracrice in business.

Strike 2 🤣

9 hours ago, JDK2020 said:

Aye, I’m sure other clubs will take up the offer. When applying for a business loan a bank will ask what you intend using it for. For an emergency loan, like the one on offer, to be spent on maintaining or upgrading an expensive squad just doesn’t sit right with me. 

10 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

This

A few folk jumping in with two feet and not realising this would be a government loan which is on offer to all Premiership clubs (from a £20 million purse if needed). Which is to be repaid.

Hearts (along with the other Championship clubs) recieved £500k government money and no one on here mentioned tax payers money!

It's all good though we've spunked it on new contracts for the top boys!! 😊

Edited by Deans Jambo
Grammar

1 hour ago, Deans Jambo said:

A few folk jumping in with two feet and not realising this would be a government loan which is on offer to all Premiership clubs (from a £20 million purse if needed). Which is to be repaid.

Hearts (along with the other Championship clubs) recieved £500k government money and no one on here mentioned tax payers money!

It's all good though we've spunked it on new contracts for the top boys!! 😊

First thing a lot of people did was mention tax payers money before. 

It shouldn't be used to bail out football clubs. Still of this opinion. 

If they are struggling then sell assets. 

The Kilmarnock fans have set up the Killie Trust, they like a few others hold the FoH in high esteem and see us as the model all clubs should be aiming for. 

I heard the the guy from Killie Trust on the radio, he spoke very well and showed real compassion for the whole of Scottish football not just his own team. 

I wish them well, perhaps if more clubs achieved fan ownership we'd see change in the game, these self preserving chairmen would be gone and the fans could move the game forward starting at the top with the removal of Donkey and his band of blazers.

12 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

There have been a range of government schemes available to many business, both generally and specific to a particular sector.

I'm sure that Billy Bowie is wealthy enough to be able to put up the cash himself, but the offer of funding from the SG will be judged a better option.

Such a loan facility  isn't on offer to Hearts (they received a windfall £500k grant instead), but the club remains reliant on loans from its major shareholder.  If such a loan was on offer to Hearts, it wouldn't surprise me if AB took the offer and repaid her own facility with the proceeds

If it was on better terms then it would be a no-brainer to do so.

Quite simple for me - did they support us or offer support to us during the summer - or did they vote to screw us. If it’s the latter I’m not interested in their plight. They were not bothered about the financial implications for us when we were ejected from the Premiership. I really don’t see why we should be giving two hoots about them.

Howdy Doody Jambo

It's a loan, they will have to pay it back, what's the problemo? 

Who doesn't have a loan, mortgage or debt to pay back these days during a global pandemic, actually surprised that many other club's haven't done likewise yet It's there business and how they operate couldn't care less 

Edited by Ma Roon

4 hours ago, indianajones said:

In Killies case its a repayable loan.

In our case (as well as the other Championship clubs), I did found it hugely generous and can see why other businesses would be upset. Here's hoping they all get looked after. 

18 hours ago, jambogemz said:

I get that my fellow Hearts supporters would prefer to see these clubs suffer but personally I hope they survive the current pressures. I done think they'll be the only club looking for significant funding before the covid situation is under control. 

The game in this course is going to need all the help it can get to survive. Fortunately our club are on a sounder footing than most but we'll need decent sized clubs to complete against.

Another wealthy person will come in and buy the club. Perhaps they'll have a year or few in a lower league while they get reorganised...It is always the way. I doubt football will get any more handouts. The way clubs waste money makes it too risky for Govt to fund.

8 hours ago, Rudy T said:

The Kilmarnock fans have set up the Killie Trust, they like a few others hold the FoH in high esteem and see us as the model all clubs should be aiming for. 

I heard the the guy from Killie Trust on the radio, he spoke very well and showed real compassion for the whole of Scottish football not just his own team. 

I wish them well, perhaps if more clubs achieved fan ownership we'd see change in the game, these self preserving chairmen would be gone and the fans could move the game forward starting at the top with the removal of Donkey and his band of blazers.

Agree with you wholeheartedly. 

Bazzas right boot
18 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

A fraction compared to those who avoid paying tax and instruct their useful idiots like BJ to do their bidding when the EU looked to tighten the rules. Auld Liz the last being at the head of it all in the Panama papers scandal, talk about lazy scrounges. 

👏👏👏

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, indianajones said:

I agree as well, we shouldn't have got £500k either.

A loan is what it is tho, they'll pay it back. 

I wouldn't be giving rangurs any loans tho... 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Well said.