FAMILY NEW YORK TRIP

Chris Evans

Chris Evans

Have been struggling to find a good company/website that deals in trip to NewYork for 2 adults and a child.

Does anyone know the best place to look for this?

Cheers.

Have been struggling to find a good company/website that deals in trip to NewYork for 2 adults and a child.

Cheers.

If flexible on dates then you might be best to book flights and accommodation separate!

Chris Evans
If flexible on dates then you might be best to book flights and accommodation separate!

Have done mate. Not really flexible as i want to take the wee man at New Year. Cant seem to get child filight prices. Cheapest i have seen is ?2500 all in.

Been a couple of times and it was ?600 for hotel and flight for me.

If you can leave from London, travelsupermarket had return flights with Kuwait Air for ?287 each!! don't know if still available though.

skotskosparta
Have done mate. Not really flexible as i want to take the wee man at New Year. Cant seem to get child filight prices. Cheapest i have seen is ?2500 all in.

Been a couple of times and it was ?600 for hotel and flight for me.

I think you'll struggle to find a cheap deal for New Year mate, probably best looking at American sites and buying it that side as the dollar is weak against all currencies just now, so this would most probably be your only way to save a little.

Chris Evans
I think you'll struggle to find a cheap deal for New Year mate, probably best looking at American sites and buying it that side as the dollar is weak against all currencies just now, so this would most probably be your only way to save a little.

Cheers mate. Will keep looking. Just trying to find a price that will take into account hes only 6. Think i have left it too late though. Either that or pay the price and see the wee man be chuffed to bits.:cheers:

Corstojohn

You could try http://www.letsgo2.com. Seeing as you want to go at New Year you will probably find it quite expensive on most of the sites you visit. We thought of going this New Year but plumped for Lanzarote instead because of the price. May go now at Easter. Just looked at Delta Airlines site and they can do me 3 return flights on Good Friday for 5 nights Edin-JFK for ?1500. Hotels a fair bit cheaper at that time of year as well.

Jamtartsinspace

Expedia.com is good, we flew from manchester BA to JFK(although Newark is actually quicker to get in and out of) flights and booked a 2.5 star hotel (no bar !!) called The Salisbury 2 min walk central park, not a palace but clean and great on a budget. suites are spacious...hope this helps JTIS

I got a really good deal to the states this August through STA travel - miles cheaper than anywhere online where I expected to find the better deals.

As above, you might struggle to get a good deal for New Year now

Continental fly direct to NYC from Edinburgh, we went last year, booked through Expedia.

Might be worth a look ;)

Got back from a week in Vegas and a week in NYC on Wednesday. Got good deals by booking flights and hotel seperately. Booked flights directely via Continental Airlines website (best I could find) and hotel via hotels.com.

For the hotel i'd reccommend hotel thirty 30 (30 E30th Street). Great location. Hotel is fine (not 5 star, but good for the location) and you probably won't find cheaper.

Hotels.com is a great site (same company as expedia) - got a really really cheap 4* hotel in Chicago on there.

Got back from a week in Vegas and a week in NYC on Wednesday. Got good deals by booking flights and hotel seperately. Booked flights directely via Continental Airlines website (best I could find) and hotel via hotels.com.

For the hotel i'd reccommend hotel thirty 30 (30 E30th Street). Great location. Hotel is fine (not 5 star, but good for the location) and you probably won't find cheaper.

I get the Continental flight 3 or 4 times a year when I come home, and the Continental site is the cheapest site on the web for that particular flight.

BUT - many people have a RBoS Royalties account. If you're one of them, phone the travel number, and they'll give you it for 10-20 cheaper, and throw in a lounge pass (using the loosest sense of the phrase) for Edinburgh airport. :thumb:

I get the Continental flight 3 or 4 times a year when I come home, and the Continental site is the cheapest site on the web for that particular flight.

BUT - many people have a RBoS Royalties account. If you're one of them, phone the travel number, and they'll give you it for 10-20 cheaper, and throw in a lounge pass (using the loosest sense of the phrase) for Edinburgh airport. :thumb:

Don't have the RBoS account, but that sounds even better! Continental are decent though. Good value, although sitting for 2 hours on the tarmac at Newark on the way back wasn't much fun!!

Went back into Nevada Smiths though for old times sake. It gets pretty busy on a Saturday night!!! Still no Hearts memrobilia on the walls yet though!

Don't have the RBoS account, but that sounds even better! Continental are decent though. Good value, although sitting for 2 hours on the tarmac at Newark on the way back wasn't much fun!!

Went back into Nevada Smiths though for old times sake. It gets pretty busy on a Saturday night!!! Still no Hearts memrobilia on the walls yet though!

I had the same problem last month - who knows, maybe it was the same flight! :eek:

Sad to say, but the HMFC/Nevada Smiths thing has kinda died a death :( It fell down to just me and Josh for a while, then I got busy at work and couldn't make it in very often. Next month I'm moving to Virginia, so don't know if I'll be back :(

Last time I was there was for the Scotland Italy game last year - it was totally rocking! Doors were closed before the game even started, ordered 3 rounds at a time coz it took so long to get to the bar!

There were some great times there. Still remember you and your mate stoating in to the downstairs bar looking for the Hearts game :thumb:

Sad to hear about things winding down at Nevada's. Still a cracking venue for the football though. I too have fond memories of wandering in on that fateful derby morning (shame about the game) but a good laugh it was. Place was heaving upstairs with a Spurs v Arsenal game if I remember, but the 10-20 of us downstairs were doing our bit!

Even worse though, I was gutted to see the roll n roaster was closed just a block down. That was ridiculously cheap, but decent fast food!!!

As for the flight. it was the 7.50pm on Tuesday night. All was going well, boared at 7.05 as scheduled...but then sat behind about 25 other planes until well after 9pm!

I wish you the best of luck in finding a cheap deal.

However, I would suggest if you do not find one and your son is the main reason for seeking this trip, hold off. I can't remember or appreciate a holiday from the age of about 12 onwards (despite having many fond and not so many fond memories of the JTs).

Went to Jereselem aged 12 and have never forgotten it. IMO, 6 is too young to fully appreciate such a trip which, to me, might be once in a lifetime.

Have a good time whatever you decide, I know my Dad loved New York at New Year, albeit aged 47 but pretty immature!

Only a Game

Cheers.

New York is the sort of place your better off planning and booking in bits by yourself. Travel Agents take the p\ss with it.

I'd start off by looking at Zoom airlines for flights and maybe Expedia for hotels. Once youve found a hotel go to them direct and see if they will at least price match it for you. Most of them will, or should.

Ive stayed in the Marriott Financial Centre just next to Ground Zero. A bit far away from the hub of things and not cheap. but a nice hotel nonetheless.

Ive also stayed at the Cosmopolitan which is a bit lower end, but clean enough ( you dont spend much time in your room if you're in New York so it hardly matters much) plus its the cheapest I have ever found and its central.

I'd agree with the above poster who said leave the kid at home if you can though. New York is not something a six year old will appreciate, especially at New Year

Archived