Still Proud?

Stephane Grappelli

Harry Potter
1 minute ago, DG_HMFC said:

And the Alloa result. And the Arbroath game the other night, albeit we won, but the performances are disgusting.

Im still fuming DG, its the way we lost the game, dundee wanted the win more, pretty simple and thats what annoys me big time.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stephane Grappelli

• tian447

• Bazzas right boot

• Morgan

Just now, Harry Potter said:

Im still fuming DG, its the way we lost the game, dundee wanted the win more, pretty simple and thats what annoys me big time.

Exactly. Any team can lose a game, fair enough, but can this Hearts team put their hand on their heart and say they gave everything? Did they fight for every ball? Did they really try their hardest to win the match? 

No ****ing danger, and that's unforgivable for any player pulling on that jersey.

6 hours ago, graygo said:

Maybe I'm just a glass half full type but that's not how I see it. We won't "just about get promoted" we'll win this league with plenty to spare, we're already 5 points and 10 goals better off than our closest rivals after 10/11 games of a 27 game season. Slate gets wiped clean at the start of next season the same as it does every season.

Unfortunately for a lot of folk, the slate doesn't get wiped clean and they'll bang on about it for years to come. 

This is a tough gig for Robbie. Most of these players are still on large basic wages albeit, possibly reduced due to being punted from the Premier. This I feel was the cause of our lethargic performances over the last few years and seems to still be continuing particularly in the “easy games”. 

This could also be a significant problem preventing us from tying down the out of contract players we want to keep, Smith, Irvine etc. We must be asking them to take a further wage drop and replace it with a win bonus. I wouldn’t be keen on accepting this if the rest of my team mates are on east street and feel they can show up only when it suits them.

Harry Potter
10 minutes ago, km7bhf said:

This is a tough gig for Robbie. Most of these players are still on large basic wages albeit, possibly reduced due to being punted from the Premier. This I feel was the cause of our lethargic performances over the last few years and seems to still be continuing particularly in the “easy games”. 

This could also be a significant problem preventing us from tying down the out of contract players we want to keep, Smith, Irvine etc. We must be asking them to take a further wage drop and replace it with a win bonus. I wouldn’t be keen on accepting this if the rest of my team mates are on east street and feel they can show up only when it suits them.

They are not doing their jobs properly, effort was a joke last night, as for wages , least they have a job unlike loads losing theirs everyday.

I thought a lot of the problems came from our choice of footwear on a half frozen pitch which should have been sorted in the warm up. The ref didn't help us but a poor showing and only when Irving came on did we compete. However we don't have to go back there now and should still stroll the league. I expect we will lose again this season and to quote Corporal Jones Don't Panic. HHGH

16 hours ago, everton_jambo said:

To be fair to Neilson he did at least manage to turn the tide a bit in the second half. 

But I agree he definitely isn’t the long term solution, just hope to god he does enough to get us back up this season.

You have got to wonder why it took 45 mins. 

That first half was one of the most spineless, gutless performances I have witnessed for years. 

Tbh it was a complete embarrassment. 

• 2 weeks later...
Stephane Grappelli
On 02/01/2021 at 22:12, Smith's right boot said:

I'm so happy Hearts got beat type post so I can ram it up other Hearts fans.

Classy.

From a guy who wanted Hibs to win the Scottish Cup and described them as "top dogs", that is laughable.

Stephane Grappelli
On 03/01/2021 at 08:27, Finlay James said:

Always proud to be a Jambo.  Always.  OP is not of the Hearts persuasion, that's for sure but I'll play along.

I won't repeat what others have already said re effort, lack of fight and letting Dundee bully us in the 1st half.  A Hearts team should be the one setting the tone but last night, we allowed Dundee to do that and as such, we were always chasing our tails.

Without being dramatic, there are players who should never wear a Hearts strip again now that we have entered a new transfer window:

- Berra is more than done at this level.  His demise is sad to see but we need to forget sentiment and sign a commanding replacement ASAP.

- Walker is a ghost, an empty shirt who offers nothing.  He must be amazing in training because I can't see any reason why he continues to be picked.

- Wighton really pissed me off last night and looked like he was putting in about 10% effort.  I get that he's not a lone striker and he's done ok this season in general but for **** sake, he's a professional and if he's he's asked to play in goals, the least he should do is make an effort.  

- Lee is just not good enough

For me, last night needs to be a watershed moment for some players in the squad.  There were some positives of course.  Jamie Brandon looked composed and confident and Euan Henderson showed more pace and determination as a sub than Wighton had in the previous 60 minutes he had been on the pitch.  IMO, we should start Brandon and move Smith to centre half, Lee to the bench when Ginnelly returns and Moore starting ahead of Walker.  Henderson on the bench ahead of Wighton once Boyce returns.  

Most importantly, Irving needs to start every game.  Haring didn't look ready last night and Halliday was also very quiet.  Irving showed composure and an ability to keep the ball which had not happened until he came on.  I really hope he stays.

I've had a season ticket for nearly thirty years and been an FoH member since the start. Just because I wasn't carried away by the glorious failure against a crumbling Celtic and pissed off by that shit show at Dens you think I'm not a Hearts fan? Nice one mate.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

From a guy who wanted Hibs to win the Scottish Cup and described them as "top dogs", that is laughable.

You're not worth debating Tbh. 

From your posts I'd say you're a more a  Madrid fan and Hearts are a secondary thought. 

Stephane Grappelli
3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

You're not worth debating Tbh. 

From your posts I'd say you're a more a  Madrid fan and Hearts are a secondary thought. 

Yet here you are answering back.

From your posts I can tell you are a lot of things, not one of them is a Hearts fan.

Stephane Grappelli
1 minute ago, XB52 said:

The OP certainly doesn't know the meaning of support, whatever teams he follows 

I think you're mistaking support for blind faith.

The club always has my support, both emotional and financial. Some of the current squad though I'd be happy never to see in a Hearts jersey again. It's not a difficult concept to understand.

Stephane Grappelli
On 03/01/2021 at 08:27, Finlay James said:

Always proud to be a Jambo.  Always.  OP is not of the Hearts persuasion, that's for sure but I'll play along.

I won't repeat what others have already said re effort, lack of fight and letting Dundee bully us in the 1st half.  A Hearts team should be the one setting the tone but last night, we allowed Dundee to do that and as such, we were always chasing our tails.

Without being dramatic, there are players who should never wear a Hearts strip again now that we have entered a new transfer window:

- Berra is more than done at this level.  His demise is sad to see but we need to forget sentiment and sign a commanding replacement ASAP.

- Walker is a ghost, an empty shirt who offers nothing.  He must be amazing in training because I can't see any reason why he continues to be picked.

- Wighton really pissed me off last night and looked like he was putting in about 10% effort.  I get that he's not a lone striker and he's done ok this season in general but for **** sake, he's a professional and if he's he's asked to play in goals, the least he should do is make an effort.  

- Lee is just not good enough

For me, last night needs to be a watershed moment for some players in the squad.  There were some positives of course.  Jamie Brandon looked composed and confident and Euan Henderson showed more pace and determination as a sub than Wighton had in the previous 60 minutes he had been on the pitch.  IMO, we should start Brandon and move Smith to centre half, Lee to the bench when Ginnelly returns and Moore starting ahead of Walker.  Henderson on the bench ahead of Wighton once Boyce returns.  

Most importantly, Irving needs to start every game.  Haring didn't look ready last night and Halliday was also very quiet.  Irving showed composure and an ability to keep the ball which had not happened until he came on.  I really hope he stays.

On 03/01/2021 at 13:18, a11ank said:

To be Jambo?  100%

You?

Think you're missing the point lads, intentionally or otherwise. Always proud to be a Jambo, my post was about those who were supposedly proud of the players after the Celtic game. Certain players this season and last have done nothing to make us feel proud of them 

It shouldn't be that difficult to understand the difference.

20 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

Happy clappers must be one of the daftest phrases to use when talking about football fans. :jj_facepalm:

That and "pant wetters". 

Stephane Grappelli
13 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

Proud of the fact I resist the temptation to post some apocalyptic nonsense after a defeat.  

Not apocalyptic, just angry at some of the impostors not fit to wear the jersey.

19 minutes ago, tian447 said:

:rofl:

How has this made it to 3 pages long?

:vrface:

Prob cause the Op has made about 75% of the posts in trying to seem relevant. Reminds me of the guy in the pub who goes to group after group shouting his opinion hoping someone agrees with him. Then when no one bites gets up on the bar and shouts louder to try and get anyone to listen and agree

Stephane Grappelli
23 minutes ago, tian447 said:

:rofl:

How has this made it to 3 pages long?

:vrface:

People like it, let's have more of 

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Prob cause the Op has made about 75% of the posts in trying to seem relevant. Reminds me of the guy in the pub who goes to group after group shouting his opinion hoping someone agrees with him. Then when no one bites gets up on the bar and shouts louder to try and get anyone to listen and agree

75%?  I see your arithmetic is on a par with your football knowledge.  

Also dunno what sort of pubs you drink in but luckily they're not the type that I frequent.

3 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

People like it, let's have more of 

75%?  I see your arithmetic is on a par with your football knowledge.  

Also dunno what sort of pubs you drink in but luckily they're not the type that I frequent.

Aye my football knowledge is shit , don’t even know what a football looks like. I just like to jump up and down and shout that my team is shit because we didn’t win a game. Wait nope that would be you.....

More like you just don’t realise you are that person. Who the **** bumps their own thread to try and have a pop at other fans of their own team. Even worse is hanging about on the thread hoping someone replies to any post so you can post and try and be relevant.

Edited by sadj

Stephane Grappelli
3 minutes ago, sadj said:

Aye my football knowledge is shit , don’t even know what a football looks like. I just like to jump up and down and shout that my team is shit because we didn’t win a game. Wait nope that would be you.....

More like you just don’t realise you are that person. Who the **** bumps their own thread to try and have a pop at other fans of their own team. Even worse is hanging about on the thread hoping someone replies to any post so you can post and try and be relevant.

At least you acknowledge it. Fair play to you for that I suppose.

If you think that my posts constitute 75% of the thread that is extremely concerning though. I hope for your sake that is not the case.

I logged in this morning for the first time since the Dundee game and understandably had a couple of notifications that people had responded so I replied to them. Those replies then "bumped" the thread back up to the top of the first page. That's how the forum works. I know your arithmetic isn't great but surely you can understand this basic concept.

For someone who has "had a season ticket for nearly 30 years", I'd expect you to realise that Hearts aren't going to win every game they play, and chucking the teddies out of the cot after any defeat and whining about how we need a complete overhaul and need to throw everything away and start again repeatedly on a message board isn't going to change any of it.

Let's just say it how it is, instead of this act of saying things like "the players aren't fit to wear the jersey":

You don't like Ann Budge owning the club, probably because you hang on to some notion that women shouldn't be seen within 500 yards of a football, never mind at an actual stadium.  You don't like Robbie Neilson being the manager because you think football managers should be red faced, balding, 65+ year old alcoholics who sit in the dugout in a puddle of their own pish shouting and swearing at decisions only they can see, yelling "gerrit up ra ****ing park" every 30 seconds, whilst employing hoofball tactics from the 1970s.  You don't like other Hearts fans because they aren't as good as you.

For some bizarre reason, Hearts aren't going to win every game 5-0.  No idea why that is, because all other football teams win every single game they play, right?  

In the grand scheme of things, Hearts are a medium sized club in a tinpot footballing setup, scrapping over pennies whilst other teams in other leagues get to throw around £20 notes.  We have players who play at our level, and yes they might lack some qualities; we might have fast wingers who can't put a decent cross in, or solid defenders who lack pace, or midfielders who aren't confident enough to go battering into every challenge, or players who are inconsistent.  Why?  Because if the players had all of the qualities to be a World Class footballer, they would be playing at the very top of the footballing set up, and wouldn't be anywhere remotely near Scotland doing it.  People seem to forget that we don't have the ability to throw millions of pounds at players who do have these qualities, and even if we did, it's unlikely they would come to play in a league where they will never win the League Title, and will probably get cheated out of the cups by a biased referee. 

Some of the posts we read on here are ludicrous at best.   Punt Berra, and get in Jimmy Dunne, regardless of the fact he gets to start for Burnley in the Premier League?  Nae bother, I'm sure he's already got a suitcase packed, waiting for the phonecall.  Throw some millions around for players, regardless of the fact not only are we in the Scottish Championship, but also in the middle of a global pandemic playing in front of empty stadiums every week?  What a novel idea, let's just take out those bank loans again, worked great in 2005/06.  Why not just give Lionel Messi a shout, he looks like he's fed up in Barcelona, sure he'd love to have a crack at teams like Raith Rovers and Dunfermline on a sub-zero Tuesday evening.

We have to try and get the best out of what we can afford, and what we've got, instead of living in fantasy land all the time.  Sometimes it's not going to be pretty, and sometimes Hearts will lose games, but if you want to support a team that wins everything, go and buy yourself a Bayern Munich shirt and go and post on their forums.

8 minutes ago, tian447 said:

For someone who has "had a season ticket for nearly 30 years", I'd expect you to realise that Hearts aren't going to win every game they play, and chucking the teddies out of the cot after any defeat and whining about how we need a complete overhaul and need to throw everything away and start again repeatedly on a message board isn't going to change any of it.

Let's just say it how it is, instead of this act of saying things like "the players aren't fit to wear the jersey":

You don't like Ann Budge owning the club, probably because you hang on to some notion that women shouldn't be seen within 500 yards of a football, never mind at an actual stadium.  You don't like Robbie Neilson being the manager because you think football managers should be red faced, balding, 65+ year old alcoholics who sit in the dugout in a puddle of their own pish shouting and swearing at decisions only they can see, yelling "gerrit up ra ****ing park" every 30 seconds, whilst employing hoofball tactics from the 1970s.  You don't like other Hearts fans because they aren't as good as you.

For some bizarre reason, Hearts aren't going to win every game 5-0.  No idea why that is, because all other football teams win every single game they play, right?  

In the grand scheme of things, Hearts are a medium sized club in a tinpot footballing setup, scrapping over pennies whilst other teams in other leagues get to throw around £20 notes.  We have players who play at our level, and yes they might lack some qualities; we might have fast wingers who can't put a decent cross in, or solid defenders who lack pace, or midfielders who aren't confident enough to go battering into every challenge, or players who are inconsistent.  Why?  Because if the players had all of the qualities to be a World Class footballer, they would be playing at the very top of the footballing set up, and wouldn't be anywhere remotely near Scotland doing it.  People seem to forget that we don't have the ability to throw millions of pounds at players who do have these qualities, and even if we did, it's unlikely they would come to play in a league where they will never win the League Title, and will probably get cheated out of the cups by a biased referee. 

Some of the posts we read on here are ludicrous at best.   Punt Berra, and get in Jimmy Dunne, regardless of the fact he gets to start for Burnley in the Premier League?  Nae bother, I'm sure he's already got a suitcase packed, waiting for the phonecall.  Throw some millions around for players, regardless of the fact not only are we in the Scottish Championship, but also in the middle of a global pandemic playing in front of empty stadiums every week?  What a novel idea, let's just take out those bank loans again, worked great in 2005/06.  Why not just give Lionel Messi a shout, he looks like he's fed up in Barcelona, sure he'd love to have a crack at teams like Raith Rovers and Dunfermline on a sub-zero Tuesday evening.

We have to try and get the best out of what we can afford, and what we've got, instead of living in fantasy land all the time.  Sometimes it's not going to be pretty, and sometimes Hearts will lose games, but if you want to support a team that wins everything, go and buy yourself a Bayern Munich shirt and go and post on their forums.

That's an outstanding post.

FYI its Real Madrid he's obsessed with, not Bayern

42 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Superb Tian 🤘🏻👌🏻

Stephane Grappelli
22 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Quite a lot to unpack there mate from what was me letting off steam after one match.

Where did I have a go at Ann or Robbie? I must have missed that but happy to stand corrected once you show me.

I also don't remember saying we should win every game 5-0 but maybe you're right and my expectations are too high. How dare I suggest that a squad full of highly paid internationals should be able to beat part-time Alloa?

16 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

The misogynist Madridista! 

Love it! 

:lol: 

Where have I been a misogynist mate? Looking forward to you showing me your evidence for that allegation.

11 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

That's an outstanding post.

FYI its Real Madrid he's obsessed with, not Bayern

Finally someone else telling something approaching the truth on this thread this morning!

Stephane Grappelli
25 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Quite a lot to unpack there mate from what was me letting off steam after one match.

Where did I have a go at Ann or Robbie? I must have missed that but happy to stand corrected once you show me.

I also don't remember saying we should win every game 5-0 but maybe you're right and my expectations are too high. How dare I suggest that a squad full of highly paid internationals should be able to beat part-time Alloa?

Where have I been a misogynist mate? Looking forward to you showing me your evidence for that allegation.

Finally someone else telling something approaching the truth on this thread this morning!

Why does that not surprise me?  It's filled with more inaccuracies than your arithmetic.

1 hour ago, tian447 said:

This could be the response to any number of posters on any number of threads on here...

Well done.

2 minutes ago, tian447 said:

shamelesslolpost.png

:interehjrling:

Argument in an empty room springs to mind...   :mw_rolleyes:

(Wait a minute - it's not my missus is it...?!?!?!?    :huh: :ermm: :( )

Stephane Grappelli
Just now, Spellczech said:

I think that is called picking a fight in an empty room...

I've been having a friendly debate with sadj all morning.

Stephane Grappelli
50 minutes ago, sadj said:

Superb Tian 🤘🏻👌🏻

Why does that not surprise me? It's filled with more inaccuracies than your arithmetic.

Stephane Grappelli
5 minutes ago, tian447 said:

1D0Y2

From someone who posted a huge rant about a brief post from over a fortnight ago... I see you don't do irony or facts.

Also still waiting for evidence of your scurrilous and unfounded allegations.

iwasthere1954
2 hours ago, tian447 said:

I've been a Hearts fan all my life and you have beautifully explained what it is to be a Hearts fan. Well said sir.

Great post tian 447. Some idiot (hmm wonder who that’ll be) will reply but won’t see you for dust as your about 100 miles and 100 years in front! 

The perfect response.  Close this thread down cos no-one is going to be able to succinctly put a Hearts fans feelings and journey as well as this.

Stephane Grappelli
13 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Great post tian 447. Some idiot (hmm wonder who that’ll be) will reply but won’t see you for dust as your about 100 miles and 100 years in front! 

Don't make it too obvious mate! Gee whizz...

A great post mate 👏

Stephane Grappelli
41 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

If I had come out with that pish, I would be too embarrassed to bump it 2 weeks later.

Cheers mate. As I've said before I posted it after the Dundee game and hadn't been on here since. Logged on this morning and saw that I had some notifications. Didn't bother replying to all but a couple were suggesting I wasn't a Hearts fan just because I had the temerity to criticise some of the players. That's why the thread has been "bumped" as it were.

Interestingly, most replies at the time seemed to agree with me but the responses today are taking the opposite view which is fair enough. One clearly very frustrated individual has read way too much into it though and went on a long rant this morning accusing me of all sorts and somehow saying it's all because I don't want a woman in charge of the club and want some typical dinosaur of Scottish football in the dug out. Quite a bizarre inference to draw and one that is wrong on so many levels. I love Ann and hope she stays on for as long as she wants to. Robbie is doing a good job in my opinion and can't be blamed for the state he found the club in on his return.

In future though I will reserve all criticism of the players just to show that I am a PHM. Even when we lose in cup games to part time teams on a fraction of our budget like Peterhead or Alloa I won't say a word as we don't have a divine right to win any game.

Love your username and avatar by the way.

Guest ToqueJambo
17 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Cheers mate. As I've said before I posted it after the Dundee game and hadn't been on here since. Logged on this morning and saw that I had some notifications. Didn't bother replying to all but a couple were suggesting I wasn't a Hearts fan just because I had the temerity to criticise some of the players. That's why the thread has been "bumped" as it were.

Interestingly, most replies at the time seemed to agree with me but the responses today are taking the opposite view which is fair enough. One clearly very frustrated individual has read way too much into it though and went on a long rant this morning accusing me of all sorts and somehow saying it's all because I don't want a woman in charge of the club and want some typical dinosaur of Scottish football in the dug out. Quite a bizarre inference to draw and one that is wrong on so many levels. I love Ann and hope she stays on for as long as she wants to. Robbie is doing a good job in my opinion and can't be blamed for the state he found the club in on his return.

In future though I will reserve all criticism of the players just to show that I am a PHM. Even when we lose in cup games to part time teams on a fraction of our budget like Peterhead or Alloa I won't say a word as we don't have a divine right to win any game.

Love your username and avatar by the way.

We all like a wee rant after a defeat but some folk are fans and some are supporters. Phrases like "happy clapper" to describe people who choose not to lose their shit after every defeat will always trigger a response.

Stephane Grappelli
30 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

We all like a wee rant after a defeat but some folk are fans and some are supporters. Phrases like "happy clapper" to describe people who choose not to lose their shit after every defeat will always trigger a response.

That's not who I was referring to when I used the phrase happy clappers.

Cheers.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

That's not who I was referring to when I used the phrase happy clappers.

Cheers.

It's a shit phrase. Anyone who uses that or "regime" to describe Budge definitely triggers me. Happy clappers used to just be called die hards - they're the backbone of every support.